PDA

View Full Version : We Beat The Champs Of Europe

Dashing Bob S
03-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Barcelona, Real Madrid, Hearts, Bayern Munich, Liverpool, Man United, Feyenoord, AC Milan, Celtic -all former or current champs of Europe and all beaten by Hibs.

Biggest surprise was Hearts letting the wee team run up a 13-2 aggregate, but that was the pre Vlad glory days so doesn't count. But they still must regret freeing us from Hitlers camps.

Kato
03-10-2011, 07:43 PM
But they still must regret freeing us from Hitlers camps.

After beating the combined forces of Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Pohl Pot and Darth Vadar back into sea they all went to the Diggers for a pie and a pint, all four hundred thousand of them.

blairwallace
03-10-2011, 08:24 PM
you forgot about Napoli. Also being the first British football team in Europe, But I suppose we still have "no history.."

Bostonhibby
03-10-2011, 09:08 PM
you forgot about Napoli. Also being the first British football team in Europe, But I suppose we still have "no history.."

:agree: Not one of us have ever captained a submarine or been filmed and interviewed about the Scottish game whilst wearing a frogman suit. These are but a few examples of the historic events that the big club will have to look back on whilst the many victories mentioned above fade away.............

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-10-2011, 10:37 PM
We cannae compete until STF appears on Strictly Come Dancing!

givescotlandfreedom
03-10-2011, 10:49 PM
We cannae compete until STF appears on Strictly Come Dancing!

He doesn't even have a dancing bear :no way:

Springbank
04-10-2011, 02:19 AM
Forget winning a World War

I have accepted I am a wee teamer, and my ambitions go no further than to hope (against hope) that we might one day win a regional conflict such as the Crimean War.

Until CC sorts out his defence, the Maginot Line remains but a pipe dream down in Leith

brog
04-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Barcelona, Real Madrid, Hearts, Bayern Munich, Liverpool, Man United, Feyenoord, AC Milan, Celtic -all former or current champs of Europe and all beaten by Hibs.

Biggest surprise was Hearts letting the wee team run up a 13-2 aggregate, but that was the pre Vlad glory days so doesn't count. But they still must regret freeing us from Hitlers camps.

Not sure where Feyenoord or AC came from Bob but you have missed out Porto!! Also victories over Valencia, Sporting Lisbon, Newcastle, Spurs, Rangers, Aberdeen & Hamburg, all of whom have (I believe) lifted one of the main European trophies.

Stevie Reid
04-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Not sure where Feyenoord or AC came from Bob but you have missed out Porto!! Also victories over Valencia, Sporting Lisbon, Newcastle, Spurs, Rangers, Aberdeen & Hamburg, all of whom have (I believe) lifted one of the main European trophies.

Did we not beat Feyenoord in a pre-season friendly in the 80s?

iwasthere1972
04-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Did we not beat Feyenoord in a pre-season friendly in the 80s?

IIRC we played them midweek in December and beat them 4-2 or 4-3. I was up here on hols so remember it was late on in the year. The last time I was in the cowshed.

edit: Found this on Scran

http://www.scran.ac.uk/database/record.php?usi=000-000-587-645-C