PDA

View Full Version : Book Review: When Le God Graced Easter Road

HNA4
03-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Ted Brack has written a book entitled “There’s Only One Sauzee – When Le God Graced Easter Road.

John Campbell has written a review on the book and you can read what he has to say about this latest addition to the ever-growing library of publications on Hibernian on the hibs.net Front Page here...

http://www.hibs.net/content.php?210-When-Le-God-Graced-Easter-Road

Perspective
03-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Sounds well worth a read.

Any idea if it's going to be on sale in the Hibs shop? Sold out on Amazon already.

SteveHFC
03-10-2011, 08:56 PM

Any idea if it's going to be on sale in the Hibs shop? Sold out on Amazon already.

You can order it on Waterstones website.

Perspective
03-10-2011, 10:11 PM
You can order it on Waterstones website.

Cheers for that.

It's a great shame he's been lost to Hibs. Would have been a great ambassador the club. Still hurts to think about the manner of his departure so I can fully understand if he still harbours resentment.

Jonnyboy
03-10-2011, 10:28 PM
There's a chapter in the book that includes stories told on the Sauzee thread a while back and each story used is credited to the Hibs.net username that related it :greengrin

hibs0666
04-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Anyone know why Sauzee is blanking the book? :confused:

RickyS
04-10-2011, 06:12 PM

i never heard anything about him blanking it! has he said anything?

hibs0666
04-10-2011, 06:17 PM
i never heard anything about him blanking it! has he said anything?

Think there's due to be an article about it in the Scotsman soon.

Future17
04-10-2011, 06:43 PM

The book itself may provide you with an answer (or at least more info) but, in short, I believe it's not just the book he's blanking but all things Hibs.

As to the reasons why, we could all speculate but as we can't seem to get a hold of him, nobody actually knows.

hibee_girl
04-10-2011, 06:49 PM

They had it in the Hibs shop yesterday

Bayern Bru
05-10-2011, 03:31 AM
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Rsvp-Franck--but-Sauzee.6847817.jp

The Scotsman article.

Franck was contacted both by letter (in English AND French, take a bow Ted Brack) and in person through his boss at the French TV channel he works for. He was also given a copy of the book. He was offered a week's stay at Gleneagles with fishing and golfing trips laid on as part of the deal that he'd come over for the launch.

There has been no reply to any of this.

He was also contacted about appearing at Ian Murray's testimonial but again, he didn't reply.

In 2008 he spoke briefly about his time at Hibs, and the less-than-glorious end to his tenure as manager, basically saying he had no complaints. My take on it is that it's a pride thing. Franck lived, breathed and slept Hibs. To be treated the way he was must have been pretty hard to take.

hibs0666
05-10-2011, 07:45 AM
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Rsvp-Franck--but-Sauzee.6847817.jp

The Scotsman article.

Franck was contacted both by letter (in English AND French, take a bow Ted Brack) and in person through his boss at the French TV channel he works for. He was also given a copy of the book. He was offered a week's stay at Gleneagles with fishing and golfing trips laid on as part of the deal that he'd come over for the launch.

There has been no reply to any of this.

He was also contacted about appearing at Ian Murray's testimonial but again, he didn't reply.

In 2008 he spoke briefly about his time at Hibs, and the less-than-glorious end to his tenure as manager, basically saying he had no complaints. My take on it is that it's a pride thing. Franck lived, breathed and slept Hibs. To be treated the way he was must have been pretty hard to take.

To be honest, I think Sauzee is behaving like an arrogant fanny in not even having the courtesy to get back to these guys.

Stevie Reid
05-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Has anyone ever worked out our record for the 96 games that Frank played for us? We hardly won a game without him when we finished 3rd in 2001, our record with him must be pretty special.

Amazon dispatched my copy today, btw.

.Sean.
05-10-2011, 09:18 AM
IMO, poor show from Sauzee. Blanking the fans? The fans did not force him out, nor the the fans give him the sack.

RickyS
05-10-2011, 09:19 AM
To be honest, I think Sauzee is behaving like an arrogant fanny in not even having the courtesy to get back to these guys.

I agree with your thoughts mate, I like others worshipped this guy and we still do. he knew the fans loved him. it was a board of directors who
are no longer there who sacked him, the fans deserve better from him.
more recently "disposed of" gaffers in JC and Yogi turned out in Ian Murrays testimonial. Franck has let us the fans down.
is he making any money from the book?

Purple & Green
05-10-2011, 09:30 AM
has anyone ever worked out our record for the 96 games that frank played for us? We hardly won a game without him when we finished 3rd in 2001, our record with him must be pretty special.

Amazon dispatched my copy today, btw.

p97 w52 d23 l22

Stevie Reid
05-10-2011, 09:41 AM
p97 w52 d23 l22

As impressive as I thought it would be - 54% win ratio, 23% loss.

The_Exile
05-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Gutted the way he left, even more so that he's never been back, but who knows what life is like for Franck at the moment, he could be going through family stuff etc, we just don't know, wherever you are big man, hope life's treating you well :agree:

cocopops1875
05-10-2011, 11:17 AM
I agree with your thoughts mate, I like others worshipped this guy and we still do. he knew the fans loved him. it was a board of directors who
are no longer there who sacked him, the fans deserve better from him.
more recently "disposed of" gaffers in JC and Yogi turned out in Ian Murrays testimonial. Franck has let us the fans down.
is he making any money from the book?

As the book stands I would assume not. Had he contributed to it then I guess he would have been paid something. It's a shame its come to him ignoring all contact attempts but we also should respect his stance, I'm sure he has his reasons for this and its sadly his right(I say this as someone who will be at the launch so would have got to meet him so am as gutted as anyone) he is and always will be a legend