PDA

View Full Version : Billy Brown

Judas Iscariot
02-10-2011, 10:58 PM
After watching him on Sportscene I found myself really liking him..

He doesn't sugar coat anything, just tells it straight!

Stuff about Hearts, GOC's dive against St J to name a few instances..

It's definitely no coincidence that our turn round in performances & results have been since he's been in place!!

Long may it continue :agree:

sahib
03-10-2011, 06:58 AM

It's definitely no coincidence that our turn round in performances & results have been since he's been in place!!Long may it continue :agree:

Could be.

Iain G
03-10-2011, 07:17 AM

It's definitely no coincidence that our turn round in performances & results have been since he's been in place!!

Long may it continue :agree:

I suspect that CC now has a proper assistant who he can riff off, discuss players and selections, argue with and will challenge him with his decisions, probably just what he needs. :agree:

Kaiser1962
03-10-2011, 07:45 AM
I suspect that CC now has a proper assistant who he can riff off, discuss players and selections, argue with and will challenge him with his decisions, probably just what he needs. :agree:

Agree :agree:

whiskyhibby
03-10-2011, 09:00 AM

Completely agree just what was needed

Sumner
03-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Always liked Billy - well at Killie not the other lot :wink:

Remember the SKY gadgie asking him at half-time about
a dodgy dodgy penalty Smelltic got at Rugby Park, while
the Killie stonewaller had not been given.. can't remember
Billy's exact words, but they were blunt, to the point,
obviously true, implied the OF bias, but NOTHING
that the SFA beaks could have him for.. smart guy.

CMac1988
03-10-2011, 12:22 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b015jgyw/Sportscene_02_10_2011/

steakbake
03-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Have to say, I love the way he's not just a tracksuit manager: he's a football shorts manager. He's bouncing around on the touchline, always watching the game and shouting at the players, pointing out positions etc. Very glad to have him at ER.

The Falcon
03-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Have to say, I love the way he's not just a tracksuit manager: he's a football shorts manager. He's bouncing around on the touchline, always watching the game and shouting at the players, pointing out positions etc. Very glad to have him at ER.

Derek Adams and Colin Calderwood were too similar personalities. Billy Brown brings different attributes that are not already there.

joebakerforever
03-10-2011, 01:47 PM
No fan of Vlad going by his comments, which will no doubt be noted in the Romanov Black Book.

JimBHibees
03-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Always liked Billy - well at Killie not the other lot :wink:

Remember the SKY gadgie asking him at half-time about
a dodgy dodgy penalty Smelltic got at Rugby Park, while
the Killie stonewaller had not been given.. can't remember
Billy's exact words, but they were blunt, to the point,
obviously true, implied the OF bias, but NOTHING
that the SFA beaks could have him for.. smart guy.

I think his quote was something along the lines of, "Well its been happening for 110 years so why should we be surprised". Thought it was funny at the time. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
05-10-2011, 12:33 PM
He seems to have been a really good appointment. Major mistake in saying on BBC that GOC dived though. That’ll cost us – as well as the 2 match ban we’ll get a stonewaller denied later in the season. The refs will be watching now.

JimBHibees
05-10-2011, 12:35 PM
He seems to have been a really good appointment. Major mistake in saying on BBC that GOC dived though. That’ll cost us – as well as the 2 match ban we’ll get a stonewaller denied later in the season. The refs will be watching now.

Agree seems an incredibly stupid thing to have said.

Kato
05-10-2011, 01:04 PM

Simple rule. Stand by your players no matter what.

ancient hibee
05-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Doubt he'll be seen being interviewed any time soon-incredibly stupid remarks re O'Connor.

cocopops1875
05-10-2011, 07:43 PM
So just to get it right what should he have said ? "Oh aye defo a pen big gaz is as honest as the day is long"

Kato
05-10-2011, 08:00 PM
So just to get it right what should he have said ? "Oh aye defo a pen big gaz is as honest as the day is long"

Something along those lines, yes.

hibsbollah
05-10-2011, 08:00 PM
So just to get it right what should he have said ? "Oh aye defo a pen big gaz is as honest as the day is long" Yes.

Dashing Bob S
05-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Agree seems an incredibly stupid thing to have said.

You can take the boy out of Gorgie...

Bishop Hibee
05-10-2011, 10:12 PM
His comment re O'Connor was a big mistake. I don't think Gaz dived. I can only think BB was drunk on the freedom he's now allowed having been freed from the Big Brother house in the west of the city.

As for his influence on the playing side, he certainly seems to have made a positive impact.

The Green Goblin
05-10-2011, 10:32 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?219043-1-cup-win-1-league-win-and-a-draw-since-Brown-joined...&highlight=

Danderhall Hibs
07-10-2011, 12:02 PM

"Big man said he was touched - if there's contact it's a penalty and that. You know what refs are like if you don't fall down you don't get the penalty. If the big man was a diver/cheat he'd have fallen down against Dundee United and got a penalty and the goalie sent off. It's not in Big Gaz's nature to dive - can you ever remmeber him diving Rob?"

Dr Jimmy
07-10-2011, 12:22 PM
"Big man said he was touched - if there's contact it's a penalty and that. You know what refs are like if you don't fall down you don't get the penalty. If the big man was a diver/cheat he'd have fallen down against Dundee United and got a penalty and the goalie sent off. It's not in Big Gaz's nature to dive - can you ever remmeber him diving Rob?"

Well done. Alistair Campbell would have been proud of that spin. :greengrin