Well done Fletch,another goal...Getting embarrassing for Mr.Anti-Hibs!:devil:

Moulin Yarns
02-10-2011, 10:30 AM

Steven Fletcher is no longer at Hibs, so your point is lost. :wink:

PaulSmith
02-10-2011, 10:31 AM

8 goals in 10 EPL game now I heard last night, if he continues this vein he'll get another move to a top 5/6 club and probably still get ignored.

vuefrom1875
02-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Point is lost,don't think so...Riordan,O'Connor,springs to mind.The man is biased.

Moulin Yarns
02-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Point is lost,don't think so...Riordan,O'Connor,springs to mind.The man is biased.

I agree, but suggesting the reason he is not picking Fletcher is because of some anti-Hibs bias is totally off the mark.

Steven Fletcher will not be picked by Craig Levein, even if he was scoring perfect hat-tricks every week, because of what passed between them when Fletch was sent a text message by an SFA employee informing him he was to be included in the squads for the Celtic Nations matches that coincided with a run of important relegation matches for Wolves. Fletch, foolishly, IMHO, replied to the text to say he didn't want to be included due to the club having a greater need for his scoring prowess than Scotland, at that time. It would have been better all round if he had contacted Levein directly to explain the situation. The fact that Levein has refused to contact Fletcher ever since shows how petty and immature he is behaving in the face of the evidence. But none of that has anything to do with Levein's being an anti-Hibs TWAT.

cocopops1875
02-10-2011, 11:02 AM
I think his text was something to do with going all the way to an away fixture to sit on the bench for a country that fielded no strikers, what's the point

aberhibsfc
02-10-2011, 11:21 AM
I agree, but suggesting the reason he is not picking Fletcher is because of some anti-Hibs bias is totally off the mark.

Steven Fletcher will not be picked by Craig Levein, even if he was scoring perfect hat-tricks every week, because of what passed between them when Fletch was sent a text message by an SFA employee informing him he was to be included in the squads for the Celtic Nations matches that coincided with a run of important relegation matches for Wolves. Fletch, foolishly, IMHO, replied to the text to say he didn't want to be included due to the club having a greater need for his scoring prowess than Scotland, at that time. It would have been better all round if he had contacted Levein directly to explain the situation. The fact that Levein has refused to contact Fletcher ever since shows how petty and immature he is behaving in the face of the evidence. But none of that has anything to do with Levein's being an anti-Hibs TWAT.

Well if Levein was employing an SFA employee to hold these conversations regards selection, it's easier to understand why Fletch employed the same communication method.

Even if Levein wasn't biased towards anything Hibs, he is meant to be the bigger man as he is supposed to be holding the more senior and experienced position. As far as I am concerned, no matter what has transpired, he should be the better man and attempt to broker some form of peace. He is supposed to be a man manager, that's his job. Fletch can be passed off as a young laddie because he is. It's all really childish and Levein is just perpetuating this. I can't believe that no-one has taken Levein to task over this, the Sportsound mafia are well onside too and I would have expected some proper journalism to pose these questions, alas I expect too much of an organisation whom employee the sycophantic likes of Chic Young, illiterate and biasism of Preston and the licence fee paid benevolent fund for former managers and BBC rats such as Gordon Smith and Rob McLean.

Hibby D
02-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Well if Levein was employing an SFA employee to hold these conversations regards selection, it's easier to understand why Fletch employed the same communication method.

Even if Levein wasn't biased towards anything Hibs, he is meant to be the bigger man as he is supposed to be holding the more senior and experienced position. As far as I am concerned, no matter what has transpired, he should be the better man and attempt to broker some form of peace. He is supposed to be a man manager, that's his job. Fletch can be passed off as a young laddie because he is. It's all really childish and Levein is just perpetuating this. I can't believe that no-one has taken Levein to task over this, the Sportsound mafia are well onside too and I would have expected some proper journalism to pose these questions, alas I expect too much of an organisation whom employee the sycophantic likes of Chic Young, illiterate and biasism of Preston and the licence fee paid benevolent fund for former managers and BBC rats such as Gordon Smith and Rob McLean.

:agree: Great post!

Bayern Bru
02-10-2011, 11:26 AM
"hi fletch, fancy warming the Scottish bench in a meaningless tournament? Tb xx"

"lol no thx m8, would rather stay at wolves as I'll actually be playing. Tell Harry "naw." x

Frazerbob
02-10-2011, 12:22 PM

I really despise Potter. I'll never forgive him for the Czech debacle and am bemused by some of his selections. However, with regards Steven Fletcher, I back him 100%. You do not pick and choose when you answer the call from your country (not strictly Fletcher's country by the way). Potter also clrealy stated last week that all Fletcher needs to do is pick up the phone and call OR TEXT him to let him know he is available again and he will be considered. Up until the latest squad was announced there had been no contact. Fletcher is being a twat IMO.

As a side note, it's funny how the outcry around the SFA picking "English" players doesn't seem to include Fletcher.

hibbysam
02-10-2011, 12:28 PM
I really despise Potter. I'll never forgive him for the Czech debacle and am bemused by some of his selections. However, with regards Steven Fletcher, I back him 100%. You do not pick and choose when you answer the call from your country (not strictly Fletcher's country by the way). Potter also clrealy stated last week that all Fletcher needs to do is pick up the phone and call OR TEXT him to let him know he is available again and he will be considered. Up until the latest squad was announced there had been no contact. Fletcher is being a twat IMO.

As a side note, it's funny how the outcry around the SFA picking "English" players doesn't seem to include Fletcher.

Fletcher being born in England doesn't make him 100% English! you might wanna do some background information finding on Fletch's life before comparing him to the rest who qualify through there great great grans cat being English!

Bayern Bru
02-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Fletcher being born in England doesn't make him 100% English! you might wanna do some background information finding on Fletch's life before comparing him to the rest who qualify through there great great grans cat being English!

None of the players picked for Scotland will be 100% English. :wink:

Frazerbob
02-10-2011, 12:37 PM

I'm fully aware of Fletcher's background. That is my point entirely. He, like all the others, is perfectly entitled to play for Scotland yet some folk won't accept it for some palyers. Yet it's never mentioned with players such as Commons, Fletcher or Goram, Gough and McCall back in the day. If you're a good player your Scottish enough, if you're not so good you don't deserve to playing for our country in many folk's opinions. Selective to say the least.

blackpoolhibs
02-10-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm fully aware of Fletcher's background. That is my point entirely. He, like all the others, is perfectly entitled to play for Scotland yet some folk won't accept it for some palyers. Yet it's never mentioned with players such as Commons, Fletcher or Goram, Gough and McCall back in the day. If you're a good player your Scottish enough, if you're not so good you don't deserve to playing for our country in many folk's opinions. Selective to say the least.

I agree FB, it all depends on how good you are when some give their opinion on those who's Scottishness is questioned. As for Potter, i think he's a clown, and wonder just how hard he'd be trying to get Fletcher back if he played for rantic?

hibbysam

No, people have problems with players playing for Scotland through there grandparents, great grandparents etc, when they arent Scottish, Fletcher is and always has been Scottish, ask him he would tell you this himself! Fletch has played for Scotland ever since day one, the others have decided when they are in there mid to late 20s when they have realised England wont come calling that they are now Scottish.

Cropley10

So his father was a serving soldier in the British Army, posted to England, where Steven is born.

What a loadie .....:rolleyes:

Cropley10
02-10-2011, 12:46 PM
None of the players picked for Scotland will be 100% English. :wink:

Will any of them be 100% Scottish? :dunno:

Moulin Yarns
02-10-2011, 12:47 PM

I agree regarding the Czech Republic game. But that's all I agree with.

You are the one that raised his country of birth, and I'm not sure what the point was.

I believe that is as close to what happened as anyone else knows. Something in the reply may have been a critisism of Levein, but we don't know what.

This sums it up beautifully

Frazerbob
02-10-2011, 12:49 PM
No, people have problems with players playing for Scotland through there grandparents, great grandparents etc, when they arent Scottish, Fletcher is and always has been Scottish, ask him he would tell you this himself! Fletch has played for Scotland ever since day one, the others have decided when they are in there mid to late 20s when they have realised England wont come calling that they are now Scottish.

I agree regarding those who decide to play for us as a last resort or 2nd choice however I also beleive we should use the rules to allow us to pick the strongest team possible. Most other countries do it so why shouldn't we? We're hardy in a possition to turn away good players.

Frazerbob
02-10-2011, 12:52 PM
So his father was a serving soldier in the British Army, posted to England, where Steven is born.

What a loadie .....:rolleyes:

Fair point, I was probably out of line. I mentioned it to highlight the hypocrasy of some folk who slate the SFA for picking players who weren't born in Scotland....badly by all accounts!

Pete70
02-10-2011, 12:58 PM
If your're suggesting Potter's reason for not selecting Fletcher is because he played for Hibs and it's some sort of anti-Hibs bias, then why has Gary Caldwell, Scott Brown and Steven whittaker been selected?

Beefster
02-10-2011, 01:01 PM
If your're suggesting Potter's reason for not selecting Fletcher is because he played for Hibs and it's some sort of anti-Hibs bias, then why has Gary Caldwell, Scott Brown and Steven whittaker been selected?

And why Potter has said that O'Connor will probably be selected once his 'legal issues' are over.

All this anti-Hibs pish just makes us sound like Celtic fans. We're constantly hearing on here about how Sportsound, Levein, Edinburgh Council etc etc are against us.

Saorsa
02-10-2011, 01:02 PM
If your're suggesting Potter's reason for not selecting Fletcher is because he played for Hibs and it's some sort of anti-Hibs bias, then why has Gary Caldwell, Scott Brown and Steven whittaker been selected?Two letters - OF

Pete70
02-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Two letters - OF

two words - point missed

Beefster
02-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Two letters - OF

Quite a few words - mostly first selected for Scotland whilst still at Hibs.

Saorsa
02-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Quite a few words - mostly first selected for Scotland whilst still at Hibs.By Potter?

jdships
02-10-2011, 01:10 PM

:top marks

" Right on the money" IMO
:agree::thumbsup:

PeterboroHibee
02-10-2011, 01:23 PM

Fletcher has a direct Scottish link in one of his parents, and spent around half his life in Scotland. Theres a difference between that and the guys that have been called up recently through the granny rule, who had never even been in Scotland before and are just in it for the caps (not something I hold against them personally, who can blame them for wanting international experience, but they shouldnt be playing for Scotland).

DH1875
02-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Kenny Miller is OUT of our next 2 games. That leaves us with 2 fit strikers, one of which (Goodwillie) is hardly getting a look in at his club. If he's doing his job right Levein should be on the phone begging Fletcher to play.

Bayern Bru
02-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Will any of them be 100% Scottish? :dunno:

Touché. :agree:

Beefster
02-10-2011, 01:49 PM
By Potter?

Sorry, I didn't realise that you meant that Levein is biased against Hibs/ex-Hibs players unless they have subsequently played for Celtic, Rangers, Birmingham, Lokomotiv Moscow or Wigan. Wolves are in the doghouse though evidently. Leigh Griffiths is **** out of luck.

Wait though, folk claim that Riordan wasn't picked because he played for Hibs but he also played for Celtic. How does that work?

My head hurts.

SRHibs
02-10-2011, 02:39 PM
This anti-Hibs bias does not exist. The same issue came up when Garry O'Connor never got a call-up recently. But, let's be realistic, with all Garry's personal issues, you can see exactly why Levein decided against putting him in the squad.

As for Fletcher, fine, maybe Levein is being a bit stubborn in regards to this. I don't think that's anything to do with Fletcher's Hibernian connections though.

Sir David Gray
02-10-2011, 03:00 PM
And why Potter has said that O'Connor will probably be selected once his 'legal issues' are over.

All this anti-Hibs pish just makes us sound like Celtic fans. We're constantly hearing on here about how Sportsound, Levein, Edinburgh Council etc etc are against us.

Sorry but that's already been proven to be a lot of absolute nonsense and nothing more than a convenient excuse as David Goodwillie has just been picked for the games next week, despite the fact that he has a trial for a serious assault coming up.

I really don't see the difference between his situation and O'Connor's. In fact, he's got more of a reason to leave Goodwillie out for now as he's the one who's facing charges of a violent nature.

Bayern Bru
02-10-2011, 03:28 PM
What's particularly funny is the number of people taking the 'he's anti-hibs' seriously.

Almost as funny as those who believe it.

johnrebus
02-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Kenny Miller is OUT of our next 2 games. That leaves us with 2 fit strikers, one of which (Goodwillie) is hardly getting a look in at his club. If he's doing his job right Levein should be on the phone begging Fletcher to play.

Was at Ewood Park yesterday and Goodwillie was embarrassing. He looked like the useless fat kid invited to play with the school team.

Overweight, slow and completely out of his depth, the game passed him by before his belated substitution.

Watching Fletcher later on MOTD, what a contrast. A striker involved in most of the good things about the game amd a goal as well.

Potter gets an easy ride from the media, it is a complete mystery to me why the guy is still in a job.

:confused:

frazeHFC
02-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Fletcher, O'Connor and McCormack are Scotland's best striking options atm and none are in the squad atm, albeit 1 of them is not entirely down to normal selection.

Fife-Hibee
02-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Was at Ewood Park yesterday and Goodwillie was embarrassing. He looked like the useless fat kid invited to play with the school team.

Overweight, slow and completely out of his depth, the game passed him by before his belated substitution.

Watching Fletcher later on MOTD, what a contrast. A striker involved in most of the good things about the game amd a goal as well.

Potter gets an easy ride from the media, it is a complete mystery to me why the guy is still in a job.

:confused:

He should have been booted after the czech game, total :asshole:

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-10-2011, 04:50 PM
What's particularly funny is the number of people taking the 'he's anti-hibs' seriously. Almost as funny as those who believe it. I concur, I still think he is a complete erse of a man though!

SanFranHibs
02-10-2011, 05:56 PM

Perhaps Levein should have contacted him directly first !! Anf if the proper channel, a text message, was used to contact Fletcher then it was the proper channel to respond through !

thebakerboy
02-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Perhaps Levein should have contacted him directly first !! Anf if the proper channel, a text message, was used to contact Fletcher then it was the proper channel to respond through !
Totally agree , if someone texts me and I wish to reply I just press reply and type message , I assume Fletch will have done the same. Anyway who is the responsible man manager here and who is the 20somethihg young footballer , anyway why does Fletch need to contact Levein when he already asked to be excused just from Celtic cup games , he never said he wasn't available for any other games . Think Mr Potter should get his heid oot his a£$e and resign.