PDA

View Full Version : Richie towell

murray26
01-10-2011, 10:48 PM
I thought he was really good in midfield today, reminded me of kevin thompson at times, maybe he should play there permantly, i also preferred the murray o'hanlon partnership with hanlon playing well at LB, all in all things begining to look a bit more positve.

PISTOL1875
01-10-2011, 10:52 PM
I thought he was really good in midfield today, reminded me of kevin thompson at times, maybe he should play there permantly, i also preferred the murray o'hanlon partnership with hanlon playing well at LB, all in all things begining to look a bit more positve.

Who do you play at RB then ???

murray26
01-10-2011, 10:56 PM
Good question, a pity booth wasn't right footed.

gackohibs
02-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Hanlon is never a ch. Prefer him at left back!

I was at ibrox yesterday and Hibs played really well. Palsson played right back and was ok but towell bailed him out a couple of times when he was beaten for pace!

Wotherspoon rb? If Hibs play like we did yesterday then things are looking up. a good solid team performance. If only Agogo scored when clean thru....

Delboy4
03-10-2011, 08:59 AM
I thought that Stack and Towell were the standouts at Ibrox. Stacky had a few great saves and Towell played well in midfield, he was playing in front of the back four breaking up Rangers play. Well done, hopefully CC plays him there again.

GGTTH
:flag:

thebakerboy
03-10-2011, 09:39 AM
I have thought and said on here for quite a while now that IMHO we do not have a fullback of any kind at the club and constantly pushing square pegs into round holes doesn't work. I think the solution might be to go to a back three and use Booth and Wotherspoon as wing backs , they are both young enough and should be fit enough to help out in attack and defence.

Cropley10
03-10-2011, 10:02 AM
I have thought and said on here for quite a while now that IMHO we do not have a fullback of any kind at the club and constantly pushing square pegs into round holes doesn't work. I think the solution might be to go to a back three and use Booth and Wotherspoon as wing backs , they are both young enough and should be fit enough to help out in attack and defence.

Other than the much lamented Michael Hart we've not had any FBs since Murphy and Whittaker left. Square pegs and round holes as you say.

SMAXXA
03-10-2011, 10:48 AM

Agree about the fullback statement, defo something we have lacked for years. Dont agree with the Booth Wotherspoon shout tho mate sorry, I think when we are leeking goals as easy as we have been of late, going to a 3 with those 2 guys, who in reality have been torture all season would be too much of a gamble. Just fingers crossed they come good which im sure they will (well Booth anyway).

Sumner
03-10-2011, 12:06 PM
versatile player Richie, would be good to sign him up

Speedway
04-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Other than the much lamented Michael Hart we've not had any FBs since Murphy and Whittaker left. Square pegs and round holes as you say.

Whilst it is stretching the term 'full back' or even 'footballer' what about Zarabi and HKT?

Seveno
04-10-2011, 05:41 PM
He's certainly not a right back. Can't win the ball in the air and gets caught out of position far too often.

Worth a run in midfield though.

I also think that midfield is the best position for Booth.

Oh nooooo, we don't have any full backs !

madabouthibs
04-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Not really looking to open another thread on the same player, but wondered, are Celtic allowing Richie to play against them in the League cup Q final?

ElginHibbie
04-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Not really looking to open another thread on the same player, but wondered, are Celtic allowing Richie to play against them in the League cup Q final?

Doubt it, probably one of the many reasons we have seen Palsson at right back recently

Speedy
04-10-2011, 08:44 PM

Did whittaker not start as a 'square peg'?