PDA

View Full Version : Everton Red Card

DaveF
01-10-2011, 12:40 PM
What a shocking decision that was. Can't see Dalgliesh moaning about that one going for his team.

No score at HT, but really only a matter of time before Everton concede you would think.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-10-2011, 12:43 PM
It was a shocker, wasnae even a foul!

SteveHFC
01-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Watching the game in a boozer across the road from Queen Street Station.

Never sending off.

MWHIBBIES
01-10-2011, 12:48 PM
It will almost certainly be rescinded but it has buggered Everton today and will probably lose them the match.

frazeHFC
01-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Was very harsh!

Would have been great for Adam had his belter of a shot gone in.

frazeHFC
01-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Everton fans are ****.

Green and white
01-10-2011, 01:49 PM
dirty neverton ******. still though it wasn't a sending because he got the ball although it was dangerous so maybe a free kick. liverpool were gash until gerrard and bellamy came on though. newcastle seen them coming big time, ac is horrid.

Sylar
01-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Absolutely shocking decision, which has ultimately cost Everton the game today.

They may well have lost anyway, but the game was well balanced until Rodwell was ordered off.

The Harp
01-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Everton fans are ****.

**** = Cheated?
The toffees were robbed!

Sylar
01-10-2011, 03:33 PM
**** = Cheated?
The toffees were robbed!

They were indeed - doesn't excuse them launching bottles, pies and cups at Liverpool players either a) after they'd scored or b) whilst taking corners.

CallumLaidlaw
01-10-2011, 04:08 PM
They were indeed - doesn't excuse them launching bottles, pies and cups at Liverpool players either a) after they'd scored or b) whilst taking corners.

The usual minority. We have had similar incidents at easter road...

frazeHFC
01-10-2011, 04:21 PM
**** = Cheated?
The toffees were robbed!

Get a grip. The amount off crap that was getting launched at Bellamy, Suarez etc was a disgrace. Who cares that the team were robbed, doesn't mean the fans can do that.

And yes Hibs fans did it, but that doesn't make it right, does it?

sevenil
01-10-2011, 05:10 PM
You have to feel for Everton - who wouldn't support them - they have no money to spend and yet are competitive against opponents who've blown over 100 Million on close season signings. On top of that they come up against Martin 'Red Card' Atkinson who has cost them the game. How that man retains his position in the pool of active referees is a mystery. He should be binned, permanently.

The Harp
01-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Get a grip. The amount off crap that was getting launched at Bellamy, Suarez etc was a disgrace. Who cares that the team were robbed, doesn't mean the fans can do that.

And yes Hibs fans did it, but that doesn't make it right, does it?

No need for the 'get a grip' advice. In my opinion the referee ruined what could have been a keenly contested derby by showing a ridiculous red card. If you don't agree then fine, no need to get personal.
Poor refereeing decisions can cause problems in the stands - doesn't make it right, of course, but it happens, particularly in derby games.

PaulSmith
02-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Mmm, just seen it for the first time. 'getting the ball' is irrelevant.

Did he use either excessive force or endanger the safety of his opponent, you could argue that the motion of his boot down in a stamping motion could be construed as either of these offences.

Harsh, yes, understandable why ref sent him off, yes again.

Scouse Hibee
02-10-2011, 10:01 AM

Did he use either excessive force or endanger the safety of his opponent, you could argue that the motion of his boot down in a stamping motion could be construed as either of these offences.

Only you and the Ref could argue that I'm afraid. It was NEVER a red card in a million years the ref got it wrong as simple as that. What a shame :faf:

DaveF
02-10-2011, 10:03 AM

Cannot agree with that. Under no circumstances was that ever a red card. There was no stamping motion and it was a combination of Suarez moving toward Rodwell and his OTT reaction that caused the red to be produced.

If you think that red was 'understandable' the Hibberts tackle on Adam was a certian red (yet no foul was given) and one on Lucas was equally as bad as Hibbert's.

It was just a terrible, terrible decision and should be rescinded ASAP.

Northernhibee
02-10-2011, 10:06 AM

Disagree, the foot that made contact with the ball was kept low, the other foot was withdrawn so there was no danger to the opponent from that.

It was basically a hard, but controlled one foot challenge.

Not even a foul.

hibeerealist
02-10-2011, 11:27 AM
FrazeHFC you say Everton fans are **** (not sure what you wrote as its blanked but assume **** - correct me if I am wrong) why do you say that? What's so **** about Everton fans?

Hope to have your answer on this one.

HibbyAndy
02-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Disgraceful decision, You wont be moaning about that tho eh Dalgleish ya welt will ye?

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Mmm, just seen it for the first time. 'getting the ball' is irrelevant.Did he use either excessive force or endanger the safety of his opponent, you could argue that the motion of his boot down in a stamping motion could be construed as either of these offences.Harsh, yes, understandable why ref sent him off, yes again. Wow, if you were a ref most games would have to be abandoned due to the lack of players left on the pitch!

Sir David Gray
02-10-2011, 03:48 PM

If that was a red card then no matches will ever reach 90 minutes as they'll be abandoned due to lack of players.

Absolutely staggering decision.

Franck Stanton
02-10-2011, 03:54 PM
It was a shocker, wasnae even a foul!

Agreed

frazeHFC
02-10-2011, 04:03 PM
FrazeHFC you say Everton fans are **** (not sure what you wrote as its blanked but assume **** - correct me if I am wrong) why do you say that? What's so **** about Everton fans?

I said **** because of the amount of coins, bottles etc that were thrown at Liverpool players. Do you condone their behavior?

johnrebus
02-10-2011, 04:07 PM
I said **** because of the amount of coins, bottles etc that were thrown at Liverpool players. Do you condone their behavior?

Of course, Liverpool fans are well known for their exemplary behaviour all over the world?

:rolleyes:

frazeHFC
02-10-2011, 04:10 PM
Of course, Liverpool fans are well known for their exemplary behaviour all over the world?

Sorry did i say they were any good? No i didn't. All i said is that the Everton fans were **** for launching bottles at the players. Either find a good point or be quiet.

easty
02-10-2011, 04:12 PM

How is that at all relevant?

BroxburnHibee
02-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Guys can I remind you not to bypass the swear filter. Its there for a reason.

easty
02-10-2011, 04:18 PM
No need for the 'get a grip' advice. If you don't agree then fine, no need to get personal.

Sometimes people on here come across like proper wee girls! But don't take it to heart...perhaps its the time of the month for you?

It's this sort of thing that does my head in even more than the constant doom n gloomers on .net.

frazeHFC
02-10-2011, 04:22 PM
No need for the 'get a grip' advice. In my opinion the referee ruined what could have been a keenly contested derby by showing a ridiculous red card. If you don't agree then fine, no need to get personal.
Poor refereeing decisions can cause problems in the stands - doesn't make it right, of course, but it happens, particularly in derby games.

But i referred to Everton fans, not any decisions. Are you trying to condone the fans behavior because their team were harshly done by?

Dashing Bob S
02-10-2011, 04:40 PM
But i referred to Everton fans, not any decisions. Are you trying to condone the fans behavior because their team were harshly done by?

I saw a few clowns throw plastic coke bottles at Belamy when he was trying to take a corner. While it was stupid and off-putting it was hardly Hillsborough or Heysel.

frazeHFC
02-10-2011, 04:43 PM
I saw a few clowns throw plastic coke bottles at Belamy when he was trying to take a corner. While it was stupid and off-putting it was hardly Hillsborough or Heysel.

I know that, but i never said it was. All i said was that it was shocking behavior to throw them at Bellamy, Suarez etc.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-10-2011, 04:45 PM
The 2 tragic events you have chosen to mention came about for hugely different reasons DBS, don't think they should be lumped together.

Scouse Hibee
02-10-2011, 07:35 PM

WTF! Why would you contrast a few mindless idiots at a derby match with two horrendous occasions in football history?

lapsedhibee
02-10-2011, 08:05 PM
WTF! Why would you associate a few mindless idiots at a derby match with two horrendous occasions in football history?

Shirley he's contrasting them, not associating them? :confused:

The Harp
02-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Sometimes people on here come across like proper wee girls! But don't take it to heart...perhaps its the time of the month for you?

It's this sort of thing that does my head in even more than the constant doom n gloomers on .net.

I won't dignify your comment with a response (oh I just have!:wink:)

Scouse Hibee
02-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Shirley he's contrasting them, not associating them? :confused:

Yes you're right, thanks sir I have corrected my work :wink:

DH1875
03-10-2011, 01:29 AM
Got to laugh at the number of people who have been sticking up for the Everton fans and yet will have a go at some of our fans for singing certain songs. Better yet, could you imagine the reaction if that had been an infirm game.

Dashing Bob S
03-10-2011, 02:02 AM
I was trying to make the point, evidently not successfully, that what happened at Goodison on Saturday was not a big football tragedy. I associated the events due to the Liverpool connection. I certainly wasn't implying anything about the causation of those tragedies - I've made my views known on Hillsborough on other threads. Anyway, I don't want to hijack this thread, so apologies for any confusion.

johnrebus
03-10-2011, 08:05 AM
Sorry did i say they were any good? No i didn't. All i said is that the Everton fans were **** for launching bottles at the players. Either find a good point or be quiet.

The point is that those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Pretty obvious really, surprised that I have to emphasise it.

Could also be defined as 'hypocracy'.

I know you are young, look it up in a dictionary.

:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
03-10-2011, 11:32 AM

He'll not find "hypocracy" in the dictionary. :greengrin

lapsedhibee
03-10-2011, 12:04 PM
He'll not find "hypocracy" in the dictionary. :greengrin

:hmmm: Democratic ... democracy. Hippocratic ... hippocracy?

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-10-2011, 03:10 PM
This should be fun!

matty_f
03-10-2011, 03:55 PM
The point is that those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Pretty obvious really, surprised that I have to emphasise it.

I googled it, and it said:

Did you mean: 'hypocrisy' (http://www.hibs.net/search?hl=en&safe=active&q='hypocrisy'&spell=1&sa=X)

:na na:

ancient hibee
03-10-2011, 05:53 PM

Think you'd better get Inspector Rebus on that search.

johnrebus
03-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Think you'd better get Inspector Rebus on that search.

Dear, dear.

It there was a crime of 'arrant pedantry', the lot of you would be locked up.

Harrrrrrrrumphhh!

PatHead
04-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Red card been overturned. Agree with comments (on BBC) from Everton chairman saying it meant little now as it ruined the game. Was a terrible decision