PDA

View Full Version : hibs.net Article: Spot Kick Delight

HNA4
01-10-2011, 10:16 AM
John Campbell has written a piece on the Skol League Cup of 1985/86, featuring the penalty shoot-out with Celtic in the Quarter Final tie.

You can read John's fine feature on the hibs.net Front Page here...

http://www.hibs.net/content.php?208-Spot-Kick-Delight

Mikey
01-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Has O'Leary's penalty come down yet? :greengrin

Jonnyboy
01-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Has O'Leary's penalty come down yet? :greengrin

Nope it's still in orbit - alongside Steven Whittaker's :greengrin

IberianHibernian
01-10-2011, 09:21 PM
I was in the " Cave " ( notice John says " Shed " - until a few years ago here on hibs.net I`d never heard that name - " shed " was at Tynecastle ) that night and I reckon O`Leary`s penalty went over roof but was that physically possible ? Only 3 days later , we kicked off with same XI ( think Celtic did too ) but we lost 0v5 . Was surprised to read we finished so low in league but checked and yes we were 8th of 10 teams - hadn`t remembered that Dundee United ( who beat us on last day ) finished just 3 points behind leaders and Aberdeen only 6 behind . If we finish 10th but reach LC final and SC semi this season , many will consider it a good season .

cabbageandribs1875
01-10-2011, 09:58 PM
it was the 'cow shed' :grr::grr::grr:

Russ
02-10-2011, 02:32 AM
I was in the " Cave " ( notice John says " Shed " - until a few years ago here on hibs.net I`d never heard that name - " shed " was at Tynecastle ) that night and I reckon O`Leary`s penalty went over roof but was that physically possible ? Only 3 days later , we kicked off with same XI ( think Celtic did too ) but we lost 0v5 . Was surprised to read we finished so low in league but checked and yes we were 8th of 10 teams - hadn`t remembered that Dundee United ( who beat us on last day ) finished just 3 points behind leaders and Aberdeen only 6 behind . If we finish 10th but reach LC final and SC semi this season , many will consider it a good season .

We lost so heavily mainly due to playing the entire match with 10 men, i'm sure it was Gordon Rae got sent off very early.

fife hfc
02-10-2011, 07:58 PM
it was the 'cow shed' :grr::grr::grr:

I was only 12 at the time but we also called it the cowshed and I remember a big group of us sat in the cowshed that night and being behind the goal when O'Leary blasted over. I also remember the last game of the season versus United and celebrating a certain result:greengrin It makes me feel so old.