PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen v Pars

declan macmanus
30-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Why is this game being played on a Friday night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mary Hinge
30-09-2011, 11:58 AM
I'ts the latest in a long list of ideas to completely rid all SPL games of supporters :agree:

Gatecrasher
30-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Why is this game being played on a Friday night?

For no other reason than the SPL are fools.
If it had been for tv I think more people would have given it a chance but for some bizzare reason it's not!

mglancy23
30-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Is it on tv?

declan macmanus
30-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Not on TV. Daftest thing I've heard in ages.

Diclonius
30-09-2011, 12:01 PM
They're trying it out as an experiment. I for one wouldn't mind Friday evening games but that's just me. :wink:

declan macmanus
30-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Do Aberdeen get compensation if the experiment fails and it knocks a thousand off the gate?

mglancy23
30-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Not on TV. Daftest thing I've heard in ages.

Cheers, never seen it on livesportontv.com but thought it was a mistake

Albion Hibs
30-09-2011, 12:16 PM
They're trying it out as an experiment. I for one wouldn't mind Friday evening games but that's just me. :wink:

I would love a friday night game at easter road, but I dont think it will happen due to L&B being too stretched dealing with a couple of drunks on George St and of course reporting to the scene of the odd bin fire here and there.

Aberdeen have a huge support, they are more fickle than us, but if they are playing well they can get a huge crowd, will be interesting to see how this one pans out in terms of numbers at the game.

Frazerbob
30-09-2011, 12:30 PM
I would love a friday night game at easter road, but I dont think it will happen due to L&B being too stretched dealing with a couple of drunks on George St and of course reporting to the scene of the odd bin fire here and there.

Aberdeen have a huge support, they are more fickle than us, but if they are playing well they can get a huge crowd, will be interesting to see how this one pans out in terms of numbers at the game.

But they'd be playing surely! :wink:

Joe Baker II
30-09-2011, 03:14 PM

Strathclyde Police have agreed to Partick Thistle game v Morton being played tonight also which appears to refute your theory. Crowd for that will be indicator if Fridays work for football as Aberdeen are clearly turning off their fans at moment (rugby union has scarcely pulled in crowds on Friday evenings but football may be different)

Friday night games are a lot better than games being played at 12/1230 - the clubs acceptance of money for this arrangement with no corresponding admission price reduction or general effort to improve attendances at these fixtures is the reason I no longer have a season ticket at ER.

But the goodwill that could have been geenrated by the SPL was badly handled by the short notice of the Aberdeen Dunfermline arrangementwithout any resultnat compnesatiion for the pars fans who had already booked travel and accommodation.

Hamish
30-09-2011, 03:20 PM
I would reckon if Dunfermline win tonight then the shoogly peg on which CC's training top has been hanging for the past few weeks/months, will have to be transported up to Aberdeen - well at least until tomorrow at 4.55pm.

greenlex
30-09-2011, 04:55 PM
All games should be played during the week. Frees up the weekend for other stuff.

Billy Whizz
30-09-2011, 07:35 PM
I would prefer Friday nights to Saturday/Sunday 12 noon ko.

Aberdeen are now 3-0 up

wazoo1875
30-09-2011, 07:37 PM
The sheepies will be wanting to play all their games on Friday nights. 3-0 up at h/t

Mikey_1875
30-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Work in a pub near pittodrie and we are almost twice as busy as we are on normal match days, obviously payday and Friday night usual crowd will help but reckon there will be an ok crowd there tonight

PaulSmith
30-09-2011, 07:43 PM
The sheepies will be wanting to play all their games on Friday nights. 3-0 up at h/t

Well you'll never see any at Easter Road thanks to L&B police.

wazoo1875
30-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Well you'll never see any at Easter Road thanks to L&B police. Aye probably, a shame really as I'd quite like to have tried it out to see what the crowd would be like.

Frazerbob
30-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Work in a pub near pittodrie and we are almost twice as busy as we are on normal match days, obviously payday and Friday night usual crowd will help but reckon there will be an ok crowd there tonight

Which pub?

AFKA5814_Hibs
30-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Aberdeen 4 up! Puts them above us, but the Pars below us so still in 10th.

seven nowt
30-09-2011, 08:31 PM
4-0 to the Aberdeen. Scott Vernon hattrick. They're improving too. I had predicted a 1-0 win for Aberdeen but i'm three goals off. Fraiser Fyvie got the other goal. Very early in the season, but Dunfermline could be in trouble as their form has dipped drastically. Maybe too early to call and I suppose they're doing alright. But as I say, they look a dull team to watch.

Sir David Gray
30-09-2011, 08:51 PM
A crowd of 8,333 there tonight.

661 more than the number that attended Aberdeen's last home game on a Saturday at 3pm against Kilmarnock.

Kato
30-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Hibs used to play reserve games at ER on a Friday night in the early 80's. I went to more reserve games then than at any other time. Used to get home from work, shower/scran/change clothes, off to the game then after up town for a night out. Some decent crowds there as well. Remember one when we had Alex Cropley and Ally Macleod back along with Malcy Robertson (ex-****oids) - really good attendance. As others have said I'd prefer that than the 12.30pm kick-offs.

Albion Hibs
30-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Strathclyde Police have agreed to Partick Thistle game v Morton being played tonight also which appears to refute your theory. Crowd for that will be indicator if Fridays work for football as Aberdeen are clearly turning off their fans at moment (rugby union has scarcely pulled in crowds on Friday evenings but football may be different)

Friday night games are a lot better than games being played at 12/1230 - the clubs acceptance of money for this arrangement with no corresponding admission price reduction or general effort to improve attendances at these fixtures is the reason I no longer have a season ticket at ER.

But the goodwill that could have been geenrated by the SPL was badly handled by the short notice of the Aberdeen Dunfermline arrangementwithout any resultnat compnesatiion for the pars fans who had already booked travel and accommodation.

I would suggest it supports my theory, I stated it would be too much for them to deal with a Friday in the capital and a football game.

The Harp
30-09-2011, 10:25 PM
A crowd of 8,333 there tonight.

661 more than the number that attended Aberdeen's last home game on a Saturday at 3pm against Kilmarnock.

If that was the attendance then from a personal point of view I'm disappointed. I'd hoped for a really low turn out for this experiment and it being dropped as not viable. I fear the SPL will now regard the exercise as a success and switch more games to a friday night.:rolleyes:
As far as I'm concerned 3 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon was made for football.

Aaron
30-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Can anyone remember going through to Rugby Park for a Killie game on a Friday night? Why did we play on the Friday? Hopefully that was my last Friday game.

Sir David Gray
30-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Can anyone remember going through to Rugby Park for a Killie game on a Friday night? Why did we play on the Friday? Hopefully that was my last Friday game.

November 1996.

Kilmarnock won 4-2.

No idea why it got played on a Friday night, though.

Aaron
30-09-2011, 10:59 PM
November 1996.

Kilmarnock won 4-2.

No idea why it got played on a Friday night, though.

Jeeze...........as long ago as that? I feel OLD :greengrin

TRC
30-09-2011, 11:02 PM
Just a thought Aberdeen have been rotten all year they then go and score 4 goals. maybe the players didn't go out on Thursday and get smashed might be worth while playing these games on that basis

Sir David Gray
30-09-2011, 11:31 PM
Sky Sports News being a bit mischievous in their statistics with regards to Aberdeen's attendance tonight.

They gave their attendance as 8,333 and said that it was more than double their attendance on their last home game. Technically that is absolutely correct but what they failed to say was that their last home game was a League Cup tie against East Fife.

Mikey_1875
01-10-2011, 02:39 AM
Which pub? Archie Simpsons in top of King st.

lucky
01-10-2011, 06:34 AM
Excellent turn out by the sheep. I would rather have a Friday night game to 12/1230 kick off especially on a Sunday. I like evening games. Games under the floodlights seem to have a better atmosphere.