PDA

View Full Version : NHC Udinese penalty!

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-09-2011, 07:17 PM
I'll not lose much sleep re the award of a pen, but, at least they have genuine grounds to have a moan for a change!

wazoo1875
29-09-2011, 07:31 PM
I'm the same, shocking decision tho and the ref was looking straight at it from about 5 yards away!

El Gubbz
29-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Definitely a pen:agree:

Wotherspiniesta
29-09-2011, 07:36 PM
I thought it was a penalty. Hooped stepped across him and tried to plead innocence by putting his hands up.

blackpoolhibs
29-09-2011, 07:47 PM
i have not seen the incident, but its clear to me it was a stonewall penalty.

Mikey
29-09-2011, 07:54 PM
i have not seen the incident, but its clear to me it was a stonewall penalty.

Yep, me too. Penalty all day.

Eff um.

matty_f
29-09-2011, 08:22 PM
i have not seen the incident, but its clear to me it was a stonewall penalty. Stick on penalty, whatever it was that happened. Should have been a red card too.

blackpoolhibs
29-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Stick on penalty, whatever it was that happened. Should have been a red card too.

:agree: i agree, very lenient by the ref.

greenginger
29-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Another example of blatant anti-Catholic Bias by the ref. - wait a minute - :devil:

Kaiser1962
29-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Its a Europe wide conspiracy!

hibsbollah
29-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Definite penalty. Should have been more.

Sylar
29-09-2011, 09:44 PM
I listened to the commentators say "shocking injustice" and I listened to Neil Lennon say they were robbed by an "attrocious decision".

Looked like a penalty to me. Hooper didn't just stand in front of the boy, he thrust himself forward - having his hands in the air doesn't make it any less of a foul.

The boy went down with an air of theatrics, granted, but there was contact and Hooper had to shift his body to ensure that contact.

Wembley67
29-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Stick on.

Lofarl
29-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Looked an absolute stonewaller from my house in Blackburn. I never watched the game mind.

LeithBoozy
29-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Despite not having seen the game yet, I agree it was a stonewall penalty.

BroxburnHibee
29-09-2011, 10:33 PM
Despite not having seen the game yet, I agree it was a stonewall penalty.

:agree:

Although I hope in a way it wasn't :tee hee:

Forza Fred
29-09-2011, 11:18 PM
I thought it was a definite penalty without having seen any footage.

Having now watched teh footage,Ii still say it was a stonewaller and I don;t know how they can claim otherwise.

However, had it been HIbs defending, I think I would have been agrieved to have had a penalty awareded against us.

But as I say, a definite penalty against Celtic. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
30-09-2011, 07:03 AM
I still have not seen the penalty, but have spoken to someone who has not seen it either. And he confirmed to me he too thought it was a stonewaller. thats good enough for me, whats lemon moaning about?

southern hibby
30-09-2011, 07:06 AM
Penalty :- End of. Just shows you what a Ref will give when they aint scared of the Old Firm. If only we had REAL Men as Refs who could go to Dark Heid /Ipox and stand up to the Ugly Sisters in Scottish Football. GGTTH.

lapsedhibee
30-09-2011, 07:06 AM
If it's true that Udinese cheated to win a pen (though having carefully avoided scrutinising any so-called evidence on the night, I personally am convinced it was a stonewaller), surely Celtc can have them thrown out of the tournament, like they did the last lot in the previous round? :dunno:

coco22
30-09-2011, 07:30 AM
'celtic never get the breaks like other european teams' dry yer eyes ya wee jinjer phannie. i would class still being in the tourney a major break. only have to wait until sunday for the next installment of 'travesty of justice'

JimBHibees
30-09-2011, 08:17 AM
never a pen but funny as. Udinese shud hav had a clear pen when that swedish huddy at the back blatantly barged over an opponent, of the small bits i saw thot the commentating was incredibly biased.

Part/Time Supporter
30-09-2011, 08:36 AM
Presumably it was also this perfidious referee who sent on that donkey Samaras as sub?

Definite penalty BTW.

:agree:

Kato
30-09-2011, 07:39 PM
I thought it was a definite penalty without having seen any footage.

Having now watched teh footage,Ii still say it was a stonewaller and I don;t know how they can claim otherwise.

Exactly my thoughts.

When I saw Lennon's angry, annoying pan in the papers and the read he thought it was a poor decision my immediate thought was "bet it was a penalty".

Watched the highlights here - second video down.

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2011/09/30/celtic-v-udinese-highlights-1-1-video-europa-league-2011-ki-sung-yong-goal/

Having now seen it I can see exactly why he's given it. The Celtic player has his arms up but he's still turning and trying to maintain contact with the player. From the refs angle you can understand why he gives it, points straight to the spot without hesitation. There's an incident earlier on where the big baldy, lumoxy looking Celtic defender shoulders an Udinese player in the box but in doing so pushes him in the back and onto the ground. He could have given a pen there too. Both "soft" but both pens.

However, had it been HIbs defending, I think I would have been agrieved to have had a penalty awareded against us.

I would have been aggrieved too but not in an acidic, spittly-moothed, "get me, A'm ragin' n'that", tracksuit thumping, screechy Lennonesque manner. Having seen many a penalty given to Celtic for less* against Hibs I struggle to muster a sarcastic nod of the head these days.

*Far less. Far, far, far less.

Hibs Class
30-09-2011, 08:18 PM
I've just watched it for the first time. Penalty, no doubt. Hooper watches the direction the Italian is heading and steps in front of him. Not surprised Lennon / Celtic complain but that's only because they have no clue about a) the laws b) how to conduct themselves.

Kato
30-09-2011, 08:26 PM
how to conduct themselves.

Stick's out a mile that he should be shown footage of Jock Stein and David Hay as to how a manager of Celtic should carry themselves.

hibiedude
01-10-2011, 05:18 AM
In all honesty how can any say Celtic were hard done by on Thursday :confused: the old firm get these decisions week in week out in the SPL

We play Rangers today and I bet anyone on this site that the Ref will make a key decision this afternoon in Rangres favour like give them a soft penalty.

hibiedude
01-10-2011, 02:58 PM
In all honesty how can any say Celtic were hard done by on Thursday :confused: the old firm get these decisions week in week out in the SPL

We play Rangers today and I bet anyone on this site that the Ref will make a key decision this afternoon in Rangres favour like give them a soft penalty.

Replying to my own post as said never feel sorry for the old-firm when it comes to getting decision :greengrin and remember we haven't seen a red card yet which will happen if the games stays the same with 10 minutes to go

fatbloke
02-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Definitely a blatant handball/obstruction/last man tackle