PDA

View Full Version : German Trainer and Manager system

Hibrandenburg
29-09-2011, 06:50 PM
The more I think about the manager merry go round that's been going on at ER the last few years the more I'm convinced than we could learn a lot from the German system.
In a nutshell they have a trainer and a manager, both football men with a sound knowledge of the game. The trainer is in charge of the day to day training, tactics, team selection and discipline. He works closely with the manager who deals with the financial aspect of the team. Players wages, transfers in and out etc.
If and when the trainer needs a new defender, he'll inform the manager what sort of players he needs and give the manager a shopping list.
This leaves the trainer free to concentrate on the football side of things and IMHO could be the way forward for us.
Thoughts?

monteddie
30-09-2011, 01:35 AM
The more I think about the manager merry go round that's been going on at ER the last few years the more I'm convinced than we could learn a lot from the German system.In a nutshell they have a trainer and a manager, both football men with a sound knowledge of the game. The trainer is in charge of the day to day training, tactics, team selection and discipline. He works closely with the manager who deals with the financial aspect of the team. Players wages, transfers in and out etc. If and when the trainer needs a new defender, he'll inform the manager what sort of players he needs and give the manager a shopping list.This leaves the trainer free to concentrate on the football side of things and IMHO could be the way forward for us.Thoughts? Sounds the same as manager and director of football,

Iain G
30-09-2011, 01:59 AM
Sounds much like what happens in practice at the moment, CC identifies the players and the board go negotiate the financial side of things while CC talks to the player about the Football side of things. I really don't see why the man talking money really needs to have any detailed football knowledge. :confused:

James70
30-09-2011, 07:33 AM
That's what we already have, CC is our trainer and RP is the manager! :wink:

alfieboi75
30-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Looks like thats already in place....BB trains the team....CC recruits the players that BB wants....RP interferes when he wants!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hibrandenburg
30-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Looks like thats already in place....BB trains the team....CC recruits the players that BB wants....RP interferes when he wants!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Whilst I would agree that RP seems to have adopted the manager role, I would however question his knowledge of the game.

SanFranHibs
01-10-2011, 12:26 AM
Whilst I would agree that RP seems to have adopted the manager role, I would however question his knowledge of the game.

Especially in management....if you're a good Scottih manager chances are you're already in England...:wink: