PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths

staunchhibby
29-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Was there any reason for Griffiths going up the tunnell when subbed.Wondering if his injury was still niggling and he was needing treatment for this

Sammy7nil
29-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Was there any reason for Griffiths going up the tunnell when subbed.Wondering if his injury was still niggling and he was needing treatment for this

IMHO he is in the Huff that is two games in a row where he has been poor and ineffective, he is getting played out of postion and is disappointed with his performance.

Franck is God
29-09-2011, 12:00 PM
I thought it was the huff too, he started the second half along side O'Connor and Agogo switched to the right, think his last involvement was when he broke free and and we had a 3 on 2 against them and rather than play the ball accross the box for either O'Connor or Agogo to have a shot he tried to take on the defender and lost the ball.

Having seen him a few times now I'm not convinced that he has much more to offer than the likes of a fit Galbraith or in form Wotherspoon and I certainly wouldn't break up the partnership of Agogo & O'Connor which gets better every week.

I know he is young and has some potential but I don't see a future Premiership player in the way I did when I saw Fletch or O'Connor at an even younger age than he is.

PaulSmith
29-09-2011, 12:00 PM

He went to get a top and came back a few mins later

proud_and_green
29-09-2011, 12:01 PM

Maybe he needed a pish?

DaveF
29-09-2011, 12:05 PM
There is little doubt he would have been frustrated being stuck out on the right. He did nothing of note last night or against United and I'd guess that part of his problems is that he is probably far too eager to do well.

The break he did have last night with one man to beat summed it all up. Better options to his right but he is so desperate to score he took the wrong decision, lost the ball and was quickly subbed off.

It'll happen for him - he is a good player.

Golden Bear
29-09-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm swimming against the tide but so far I don't share everyone's view that Griffiths has it in him to be a top player for Hibs or anyone else for that matter.

Higgy115
29-09-2011, 12:30 PM
He did storm down the tunnel but Calderwood gave Tam the nod to go and get him and he came back and sat on the bench. I think he is just frustrated, a goal for him would sort it out.

I am sure if CC gave him a hard time afterwards he would have just said he needed a p1sh.....

thebakerboy
29-09-2011, 12:48 PM
In the first half BB and CC were constantly at him to make runs and join in game and eventually he made his first move into clear space and he did not get the ball and he turned to bench with hands out as if to say see I'm still no getting the ball. He put no effort into the game at all before half time. He was moved up front at half time and had the previously mentioned run and attempt at shot and looked livelier. When he was taken off I think the "management team(BB)" was teaching him a lesson that they are in charge and he should try wherever he is played. Only my humble opinion but he did run off down the tunnel in a bit of a huff.

Frazerbob
29-09-2011, 01:04 PM
In the first half BB and CC were constantly at him to make runs and join in game and eventually he made his first move into clear space and he did not get the ball and he turned to bench with hands out as if to say see I'm still no getting the ball. He put no effort into the game at all before half time. He was moved up front at half time and had the previously mentioned run and attempt at shot and looked livelier. When he was taken off I think the "management team(BB)" was teaching him a lesson that they are in charge and he should try wherever he is played. Only my humble opinion but he did run off down the tunnel in a bit of a huff.

Sounds like another "one of our own".

Hermit Crab
29-09-2011, 04:29 PM
He will score on Saturday at Ibrox. Fact! :greengrin

Im going to see what odds you will get on Lee to score at anytime. :thumbsup:

ancient hibee
29-09-2011, 04:35 PM
I would hope any Hibs player taken off for not performing would be in the huff and disappointed.I wonder if he was not fully fit after the foul on Saturday.He's probably realising that even the SPL is difficult to play in compared to the lower leagues.

leither17
29-09-2011, 04:37 PM
He will score on Saturday at Ibrox. Fact! :greengrinIm going to see what odds you will get on Lee to score at anytime. :thumbsup: Have a look for O'connor 3-0 hibs too

smurf
29-09-2011, 05:01 PM
He's trying too hard. It will come!

3pm
29-09-2011, 05:42 PM
I would hope any Hibs player taken off for not performing would be in the huff and disappointed.I wonder if he was not fully fit after the foul on Saturday.He's probably realising that even the SPL is difficult to play in compared to the lower leagues.

I agree with your last sentence. I suspect it's tougher than he thought it'd be. He's never a Premiership player and if being honest, I don't think he'd hack at Championship level either.

He'll do just fine here when he gets a run through the middle and not played out on the wing. Felt sorry for him being subbed last night.

TornadoHibby
29-09-2011, 06:18 PM
He went to get a top and came back a few mins later

He only came back out cause two of the backroom staff were sent to get him back out to watch the rest of the game! :wink:

TornadoHibby
29-09-2011, 06:20 PM

Spot on IMO! :agree: