PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice we are only 1 win behind Hearts?

Mikeystewart
29-09-2011, 06:54 AM
Couldn't have been that bad a start to the season? oh wait....:taxi :devil:

Geo_1875
29-09-2011, 07:07 AM
Ask any yam and they'll tell you it's because they're ***** but we're *****r.

brydekirk
29-09-2011, 07:40 AM

Does this mean we could win th:greengrine league ?

AlbertK86
29-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Aye and them a champions league team in the waiting.... with an expansive passing continental style game...... t*ss*rs

GIRFUY
GGTTH

Keith_M
29-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Ask any yam and they'll tell you it's because they're ***** but we're *****r.

They wouldn't be far wrong :greengrin

Hibs Class
29-09-2011, 12:01 PM

Provided it's a 9-0 win! I'd settle for that on 2 Jan :greengrin

Albion Hibs
29-09-2011, 12:09 PM

Agreed, considering they got the 3 points off us as well. Not bad for the worst ever hibs manager, hibs run, players, board, standard of glossy-ness of the programmes etc etc.

Ray_
29-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Agreed, considering they got the 3 points off us as well. Not bad for the worst ever hibs manager, hibs run, players, board, standard of glossy-ness of the programmes etc etc.

If winning our first home game since Feb, at the end of September, is not bad, what is bad?

DCI Gene Hunt
29-09-2011, 12:39 PM
If winning our first home game since Feb, at the end of September, is not bad, what is bad?

I think he is referring to the fact that despite Hibs' overall keechness and how supposedly "amazing" the Yams are, there isn't exactly a gulf between the two clubs. Far from it in fact.

hibs0666
29-09-2011, 12:43 PM

Aberdeen.

Ray_
29-09-2011, 12:46 PM
I think he is referring to the fact that despite Hibs' overall keechness and how supposedly "amazing" the Yams are, there isn't exactly a gulf between the two clubs. Far from it in fact.

Hearts being almost a keech as us doesn't keep people away from ER, its the us being keech that does that, it it might have not been as bad, if we weren't let down as badly as we are at derby's.

matty_f
29-09-2011, 12:55 PM

:singing:Always look on the bright side of life do do, do do, do do do do do do!

hibs0666
29-09-2011, 01:00 PM
:singing:Always look on the bright side of life do do, do do, do do do do do do!

Not going to happen I'm afraid. So many posters are so entrenched in their Calderwood must go thinking they will find it very difficult to acknowledge that the tide is now turning. :thumbsup:

Albion Hibs
29-09-2011, 01:15 PM

My point is, as someone else has already made to you, if we are so rank, it hard to believe we are only 3 points of 4th place. The team in 4th took those points for us. The team in 3rd we did well against away away from home in the cup, winning and going to the next round. The only team that has not conceeded a goal away from home in the league swallowed three last night.....do I think we are barca, no. Do I think we are as bad as you like to make out we are...we are miles better than that.

I will see you home win february nonsense and raise you the fact we are unbeaten in 5. Which is more valid and reflective of the current team / performance?

matty_f
29-09-2011, 01:41 PM
My point is, as someone else has already made to you, if we are so rank, it hard to believe we are only 3 points of 4th place. The team in 4th took those points for us. The team in 3rd we did well against away away from home in the cup, winning and going to the next round. The only team that has not conceeded a goal away from home in the league swallowed three last night.....do I think we are barca, no. Do I think we are as bad as you like to make out we are...we are miles better than that.

I will see you home win february nonsense and raise you the fact we are unbeaten in 5. Which is more valid and reflective of the current team / performance?

Only 1 defeat in 7 as well...

Gettin' Auld
29-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Only 1 defeat in 7 as well...
So far we are averaging 1pt per game.........Carry that through the season and we should escape relegation, but not by a great deal.

I feel that the tide is starting to turn now though.

:thumbsup:

Sodje_18
29-09-2011, 03:05 PM
I thought the big team were on maximum points? :confused:

matty_f
29-09-2011, 03:22 PM
So far we are averaging 1pt per game.........Carry that through the season and we should escape relegation, but not by a great deal.

No, whilst on the face of it your average is correct, we couldn't get any points at all from two of the games, so our average is 7 points from 5 games which is 1.4 points per game. Over a 38 game season would give us 53 points - which would get us 5th place based on last season's points totals. Not great, but better than scraping past relegation.

And if we average our cup wins over the season we'll win two cups. Ya dancer!!

matty_f
29-09-2011, 03:22 PM

No, whilst on the face of it your average is correct, we couldn't get any points at all from two of the games, so our average is 7 points from 5 games which is 1.4 points per game. Over a 38 game season would give us 53 points - which would get us 5th place based on last season's points totals. Not great, but better than scraping past relegation.

Stevie Reid
29-09-2011, 03:29 PM

In the SPL we have 9 points from 9 games, which is an average of one point per game - this on the back of 3 home games surrounding an away game to the promoted team, and some very difficult fixtures ahead.

I see grounds for optimism too, and ok we are 3 points or one win (if they lose on the same day) behind Hearts - but we are still in 10th and Aberdeen in 11th are only 'a win' behind us too. Given this weekend's fixtures they will be a shorter price to catch us, than us to pull away from them any more.

matty_f
29-09-2011, 03:40 PM
In the SPL we have 9 points from 9 games, which is an average of one point per game - this on the back of 3 home games surrounding an away game to the promoted team, and some very difficult fixtures ahead.

I see grounds for optimism too, and ok we are 3 points or one win (if they lose on the same day) behind Hearts - but we are still in 10th and Aberdeen in 11th are only 'a win' behind us too. Given this weekend's fixtures they will be a shorter price to catch us, than us to pull away from them any more.

Aww FFS can everyone please stop trying to put a downer on the day? :boo hoo:

I'll take the average from our last league game - 3 points. We'll be champions!! 'Mon the Hibeeeeeeeesssss!!!!!:hibees

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Hearts being almost a keech as us doesn't keep people away from ER, its the us being keech that does that, it it might have not been as bad, if we weren't let down as badly as we are at derby's. Exactly. The constant comparing of us to them gets on my tits. As stated above, they look a tad better than us if recent derbies are anything to go by. I don't take any great comfort from them being generally gash at the moment whilst we find ourselves languishing where we are at the mo.

southern hibby
29-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Sorry to differ but I see it totally different. WE ARE MILES IN FRONT OF them, in terms of Etiquette, Style, Class, Stadium, Training Facilities, (The List is endless). But MOST IMPORTANTLY Fans. For a start we are NOT Bigoted Neanderthals. GGTTH.

Stevie Reid
29-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Aww FFS can everyone please stop trying to put a downer on the day? :boo hoo:

I'll take the average from our last league game - 3 points. We'll be champions!! 'Mon the Hibeeeeeeeesssss!!!!!:hibees

:aok:

I'm honestly not Matty, I used to be amongst the most optimistic Hibbies, but we are where we are - a quarter of the season in and in 10th place.

As I have said in every post I've made about the match, there are real grounds for optimism for a number of reasons - but there is also reason for caution with our upcoming fixtures. If being realistic = downer, then that tells it's own story!

Gettin' Auld
29-09-2011, 04:05 PM

No.......The SPL league table says - Played 9 - Points 9

Even my basic grasp of maths equates that as an average of 1 pt per game.

Jones28
29-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Aberdeen.

:agree:

Andy74
29-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Aberdeen.

Who were probably unlucky not to beat us at home.

We've beaten St Johnstone at home by a goal to win out first home game in seven months. Let's not be sooking each others plums just yet eh.

It wasn't long ago a 3-0 win at home to St Johnstone, being in 3rd place and opening a gap of about 20 points on Hearts was considered not quite good enough.

hibs0666
29-09-2011, 04:50 PM

We've beaten St Johnstone at home by a goal to win out first home game in seven months. Let's not be sooking each others plums just yet eh.

It wasn't long ago a 3-0 win at home to St Johnstone, being in 3rd place and opening a gap of about 20 points on Hearts was considered not quite good enough.

So you're not going to congratulate calderwood for remaining unbeaten in September?

Green_one
29-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Aberdeen.

Anyone want to bet that if that lot end up bottom there is some sort of league reconstruction, a club goes bust or some other fluke. They really are jammy. They should have 'Saved by Falkirk' under their badge.

matty_f
29-09-2011, 06:16 PM
:aok:

I'm honestly not Matty, I used to be amongst the most optimistic Hibbies, but we are where we are - a quarter of the season in and in 10th place.

As I have said in every post I've made about the match, there are real grounds for optimism for a number of reasons - but there is also reason for caution with our upcoming fixtures. If being realistic = downer, then that tells it's own story!

I was only messing mate! :agree:

matty_f
29-09-2011, 06:18 PM
No.......The SPL league table says - Played 9 - Points 9

Even my basic grasp of maths equates that as an average of 1 pt per game.

Apologies, I thought you were just talking about the 7 games referred to in the thread.:agree:

You're right though, we're pish so I'll stop enjoying yesterday's win with immediate effect. :aok:

R'Albin
29-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Aberdeen.

:agree::tee hee:

Ray_
29-09-2011, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE=Albion Hibs;2933236]My point is, as someone else has already made to you, if we are so rank, it hard to believe we are only 3 points of 4th place. The team in 4th took those points for us. The team in 3rd we did well against away away from home in the cup, winning and going to the next round. The only team that has not conceeded a goal away from home in the league swallowed three last night.....do I think we are barca, no. Do I think we are as bad as you like to make out we are...we are miles better than that.

I will see you home win february nonsense and raise you the fact we are unbeaten in 5. Which is more valid and reflective of the current team / performance?[/QUOTE

Face it, we are rank & Scottish football is by far the worst standard I've ever seen. Being as dire as some & not as dire as others, that doesn't quite have me shouting off the roof tops yet.

Ray_
29-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Apologies, I thought you were just talking about the 7 games referred to in the thread.:agree:

You're right though, we're pish so I'll stop enjoying yesterday's win with immediate effect. :aok:

Enjoy the win by all means Matty, but it shows how far we have slipped, for people to get excited about a narrow home win against ST Johnstone.

matty_f
29-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Enjoy the win by all means Matty, but it shows how far we have slipped, for people to get excited about a narrow home win against ST Johnstone.

The scoreline suggests it was narrow, but we were well worth it.

Not getting excited about it, just happy that it happened and excited that there are legitimate signs of progress and improvement.

When were the days when we were guaranteed to win against St Johnstone again? :dunno:

R'Albin
29-09-2011, 06:28 PM

A team who hadn't conceded an away goal all season, and pumped a good Motherwell side 0-3 in their own patch? Yet we put three past them...

That's a good win In my opinion..

Albion Hibs
29-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Face it, we are rank & Scottish football is by far the worst standard I've ever seen. Being as dire as some & not as dire as others, that doesn't quite have me shouting off the roof tops yet.

Stop watching then...oh forgot you already have.

This "yeah but we are still slightly worse than them" is a load of pash. Fact of the matter is we are three points off fourth, SR posted that we had three homes games against teams around us, so what, we had a good result against the team in 3rd and on our form I believe we will be moving up the table.

If your problem is with the league then you will never be happy, what I would say is you should try watching hibs sometime, the games of late have been very entertaining, anything but the worse standard I have ever seen.

But if you want to sit and watch teams you will never seen in the flesh on sky sports rather than watch a team that you "support", sorry I mean hammer on the internet, then bash on. As I say with fans like you who needs derby rivals, you spend more time slagging hibs than the average hertz fans...by a distance.

Ray_
29-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Stop watching then...oh forgot you already have.

This "yeah but we are still slightly worse than them" is a load of pash. Fact of the matter is we are three points off fourth, SR posted that we had three homes games against teams around us, so what, we had a good result against the team in 3rd and on our form I believe we will be moving up the table.

If your problem is with the league then you will never be happy, what I would say is you should try watching hibs sometime, the games of late have been very entertaining, anything but the worse standard I have ever seen.

But if you want to sit and watch teams you will never seen in the flesh on sky sports rather than watch a team that you "support", sorry I mean hammer on the internet, then bash on. As I say with fans like you who needs derby rivals, you spend more time slagging hibs than the average hertz fans...by a distance.

The fact of the matter is that we finished near the bottom last season & we are there again this season, but I bet you believe in fairies as well.

As for the games being very entertaining, people are just clamouring over each other getting in to ER, well no, not really the case is it? More the fact fans are having trouble giving their tickets away, to matches they can't or don't want to go to.

If you have a problem about my decision not to go to games, live with it, many others have made the same decision and I'm comfortable with it, I've more than paid my dues over the last forty odd years. You never know, sometime in the future, when you mature, you may make a similar decision!

HibsMax
29-09-2011, 09:42 PM

We all know how far we have slipped, what we are trying to do is climb out the hole. I don't expect us to get out of it in a single bound, more like a tough battle. Any result, no matter who the opposition, is better than a defeat and we've been avoiding those quite well recently.

HibsMax
29-09-2011, 09:46 PM
The fact of the matter is that we finished near the bottom last season & we are there again this season, but I bet you believe in fairies as well.

As for the games being very entertaining, people are just clamouring over each other getting in to ER, well no, not really the case is it? More the fact fans are having trouble giving their tickets away, to matches they can't or don't want to go to.

If you have a problem about my decision not to go to games, live with it, many others have made the same decision and I'm comfortable with it, I've more than paid my dues over the last forty odd years. You never know, sometime in the future, when you mature, you may make a similar decision!

Last season is in the history books. It bears little importance to this season. Let's face it, if we won the SPL last season and were stuck to the bottom of the table with 0 points now, how much comfort would you take in being current champions? None.

Just because fans have stayed away from games does not mean that the football has been unentertaining. It's not been fantastic but it seems to be getting better. To me it's more a reflection of how last season finished and how this one started, not on how Hibs have been playing of late.

Ray_
29-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Last season is in the history books. It bears little importance to this season. Let's face it, if we won the SPL last season and were stuck to the bottom of the table with 0 points now, how much comfort would you take in being current champions? None.

Just because fans have stayed away from games does not mean that the football has been unentertaining. It's not been fantastic but it seems to be getting better. To me it's more a reflection of how last season finished and how this one started, not on how Hibs have been playing of late.

Sorry Max, yes we have improved, however, the games I've watched I've thought we have still been very very poor. If we had won the league at least we would have known there was something in there, rather than just hoping that's the case.

BEEJ
29-09-2011, 10:13 PM

But all that didn't happen on the one night. :greengrin Perhaps you should make that clear lest readers get the wrong end of the stick?

We beat St Johnstone 3-0 at ER on 19 September 2009. It was our fifth SPL fixture of the campaign and that victory took our points total to 9.

I don't recall the pink brigade being on a league points total of -11 at that point in time. :wink:

Gettin' Auld
30-09-2011, 05:41 AM

No problem and aye i realise that i confused matters a bit by quoting the "7 game" post.

Anyway, we're unbeaten in september so the tide seems to be turning now. Hopefully it's onwards and upwards.

Moulin Yarns
30-09-2011, 05:58 AM

Where have all the threads about how many games in a row since our last home win gone?
:greengrin

We are on an unbeaten run at the moment that isn't being acknowledged (by some), CC's record is moving away from that of Duff Jimmy's and still people decide to raise things that happened a couple of years ago under different managers as comparison. Things are moving in the right direction, not perfect, but better. I even feel reasonably confident for Saturday.

The future is bright, the future is Green and White.

:cgwa

Hiber-nation
30-09-2011, 07:12 AM
I've been as negative as anyone during CC's tenure but 10 goals in 4 the last games is fine by me. I'm sure everyone would much prefer that compared to 2 1-0s and 2 nil-nils.

Albion Hibs
30-09-2011, 08:14 AM

But the fact of the matter is we are three points off 4th.....that is the title of this thread in case you did not notice. So having played the same games as others now it shows the distance gap is not anywhere close to as big as you enjoy making out.

No, some for money reasons I would suspect and understand, others perhaps like you that enjoy sitting watching hibs on here for free whilst paying to watch some EPL team you will never go and see.....a little ironic in my view. I think fans that attended even the last three games against, Motherwell, Utd, and St J would say the games have all been as entertaining as they come. You are one of the ones that bleat on about how this league is boring, yet pretty much every team is in with a shout of the top 6, I would say that is pretty competitive, the games of late have been entertaining and the results improving. Regardless of that some will not go and watch. Anyway, enjoy the likes of Bolton V's Wigan I am sure that will be a cracker.

I have no problem with your decision not to go, in fact I would rather fans that simply want to be negative did not. Hibs has been around a lot longer than you, and will be around for a lot longer than you. If we have top drop back to a core of supporters in order to move forward then fine. As for making the same decision, I would doubt it, but equally I am not stupid enough to say never. I would say I have seen worse hibs teams in even my youthful years (!) that never stopped me going.

The bits on bold. You had better read them quick, the admin seems to have a bit of a like for simply removing.

degenerated
30-09-2011, 12:10 PM
I was happy in the haze of a rare home win
But heaven knows I'm miserable now

I was looking for a read, and then I found this thread
And heaven knows I'm miserable now

Andy74
30-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Where have all the threads about how many games in a row since our last home win gone?
:greengrin

We are on an unbeaten run at the moment that isn't being acknowledged (by some), CC's record is moving away from that of Duff Jimmy's and still people decide to raise things that happened a couple of years ago under different managers as comparison. Things are moving in the right direction, not perfect, but better. I even feel reasonably confident for Saturday.

The future is bright, the future is Green and White.

:cgwa

Winning a home game is the way to stop that! About time too.

This thread of course is factually correct but it's not really anything that should be treated as a good judge of where we are. In recent times we have been winning these games by decent margins and beginning to move ahead of Hearts. Even then it wasn't good enough as we weren't reminiscent of Brazil 1970. Things are slowly moving in the right direction, a direction we should have been going a long time ago but we ares till a long, long way from where I'd expect we should be. All those who asked for change a year ago obviously expected a lot more too and should also be dismayed that here we are a year later with a record that is pretty dire overall.

I was happy the other night, we played allright, but we must do it a lot more often and being a few points away from aHearts team who have stuggled themselves, but dismissed us fairy simply, is nowt to get excited about.

Ray_
30-09-2011, 01:09 PM
The bits on bold. You had better read them quick, the admin seems to have a bit of a like for simply removing.

But the fact of the matter is we are three points off 4th.....that is the title of this thread in case you did not notice. So having played the same games as others now it shows the distance gap is not anywhere close to as big as you enjoy making out. As for the games being very entertaining, people are just clamouring over each other getting in to ER, well no, not really the case is it? More the fact fans are having trouble giving their tickets away, to matches they can't or don't want to go to.

No, some for money reasons I would suspect and understand, others perhaps like you that enjoy sitting watching hibs on here for free whilst paying to watch some EPL team you will never go and see.....a little ironic in my view. I think fans that attended even the last three games against, Motherwell, Utd, and St J would say the games have all been as entertaining as they come. You are one of the ones that bleat on about how this league is boring, yet pretty much every team is in with a shout of the top 6, I would say that is pretty competitive, the games of late have been entertaining and the results improving. Regardless of that some will not go and watch. Anyway, enjoy the likes of Bolton V's Wigan I am sure that will be a cracker. If you have a problem about my decision not to go to games, live with it, many others have made the same decision and I'm comfortable with it, I've more than paid my dues over the last forty odd years. You never know, sometime in the future, when you mature, you may make a similar decision!

I have no problem with your decision not to go, in fact I would rather fans that simply want to be negative did not. Hibs has been around a lot longer than you, and will be around for a lot longer than you. If we have top drop back to a core of supporters in order to move forward then fine. As for making the same decision, I would doubt it, but equally I am not stupid enough to say never. I would say I have seen worse hibs teams in even my youthful years (!) that never stopped me going.

I don't know where you get watching Hibs games for free on here from, I didn't know you got Hibs games on here, let alone for free.

Boring! I never mentioned SPL games being boring, although I'd certainly subscribe to that train of thought, I said the standard was very poor, which it is. I have said we were a poor team in a poor league, it doesn't matter if we were fourth, we would still be a poor team in a poor league.

Nothing stays still, I would have at one time been regarded as a core supporter & the problem worsens when core supporters have had enough. I may moan on here about Hibs but I've never done so at a match, that sort of thing went on during my first games in the mid-sixties & it drives me just as mad now as it did then.

Now your other points.

I have had SKY sports for most, if not all, of the twenty years it’s been about & it has & never will be a reason for me to stop going to watch Hibs, so you are very wrong there.

No doubt like countless others, I usually watch the big games on SKY, but since the latest episode of Hibs being pants, I rarely go to football in Edinburgh [Scotland] those days, so a little bit right,but not for the reasons you gave.

When I lived in Manchester, I was mates with a United’s player’s brother & when not at Hibs games, I would be taken through the player’s entrance to watch games along with other player’s relatives. I also lived in London and I would watch mostly Arsenal, but also Chelsea, Spurs & West Ham, again, not at the expense of Hibs.

I still work in London and although don't go to English games as often as I used to, you are still wrong, I don't just watch EPL teams on the telly.

Another thing you got wrong, I very rarely watch the likes of Bolton V's Wigan on TV; I live in, what I consider, a beautiful part of the country & have two teenage sons, so I have many things, other than football, to keep me going and don't have to rely on watching endless hours of EPL action that I have no interested in.

But the bit about youthful, I'll give you :greengrin

basehibby
30-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Not going to happen I'm afraid. So many posters are so entrenched in their Calderwood must go thinking they will find it very difficult to acknowledge that the tide is now turning. :thumbsup:

Realy hope the tide IS turning but one swallow doesn't make a summer.

With September gone, Calderwood has satisfied my own personal survival criteria for that month by a mere baw hair. In fact I think he should have garnered more than 6 points from the last 4 games and it's only the fact that we've been unbeaten over that period that is really keeping the heat off IMO.

Nevertheless I have detected something of an improvement and the fact we're now only 3 points behind the Yams after such a pish start to the season really does show how things can turn on a hair in football. Hopefully the improvement continues and we emerge from a difficult October with confidence further restored.

matty_f
30-09-2011, 03:07 PM
I was happy in the haze of a rare home winBut heaven knows I'm miserable nowI was looking for a read, and then I found this threadAnd heaven knows I'm miserable now:top marks:

Captain Trips
30-09-2011, 03:14 PM
I was happy in the haze of a rare home win
But heaven knows I'm miserable now

I was looking for a read, and then I found this thread
And heaven knows I'm miserable now

I have just discovered
Some wins are better than others

Horse
30-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Exactly. The constant comparing of us to them gets on my tits. As stated above, they look a tad better than us if recent derbies are anything to go by. I don't take any great comfort from them being generally gash at the moment whilst we find ourselves languishing where we are at the mo.

True but I think the point being made is that at the start of the season we knew we had a crap team and weren't shouting about winning the league, Hearts and members of the numbskull press were banging on about how they were serious title contenders due to signings like grainger, taull and sutton when anyone who knew anything about football could see that Hearts were a bit weaker than they were last season. Last season they only just finished ahead of the rest on the SPL diddy teams so how anyone could seriously think that this season's squad of maroon balloons would challenge the bigot brothers is beyond me!

The fact they are only 3 points in front of let's face it a poor Hibs side who have made a horrendous start to the season makes them and the eejits in the press look a little bit silly!

FWIW I think that we are slowly improving whereas they seem to be stagnating a bit under Sergio and over the course of the season there won't be much between the teams, pity we'll probably be competing in the bottom 6!

Albion Hibs
30-09-2011, 07:20 PM
I don't know where you get watching Hibs games for free on here from, I didn't know you got Hibs games on here, let alone for free.

Boring! I never mentioned SPL games being boring, although I'd certainly subscribe to that train of thought, I said the standard was very poor, which it is. I have said we were a poor team in a poor league, it doesn't matter if we were fourth, we would still be a poor team in a poor league.

Nothing stays still, I would have at one time been regarded as a core supporter & the problem worsens when core supporters have had enough. I may moan on here about Hibs but I've never done so at a match, that sort of thing went on during my first games in the mid-sixties & it drives me just as mad now as it did then.

Now your other points.

I have had SKY sports for most, if not all, of the twenty years it’s been about & it has & never will be a reason for me to stop going to watch Hibs, so you are very wrong there.

No doubt like countless others, I usually watch the big games on SKY, but since the latest episode of Hibs being pants, I rarely go to football in Edinburgh [Scotland] those days, so a little bit right,but not for the reasons you gave.

When I lived in Manchester, I was mates with a United’s player’s brother & when not at Hibs games, I would be taken through the player’s entrance to watch games along with other player’s relatives. I also lived in London and I would watch mostly Arsenal, but also Chelsea, Spurs & West Ham, again, not at the expense of Hibs.

I still work in London and although don't go to English games as often as I used to, you are still wrong, I don't just watch EPL teams on the telly.

Another thing you got wrong, I very rarely watch the likes of Bolton V's Wigan on TV; I live in, what I consider, a beautiful part of the country & have two teenage sons, so I have many things, other than football, to keep me going and don't have to rely on watching endless hours of EPL action that I have no interested in.

But the bit about youthful, I'll give you :greengrin

How very interesting.

The bit in bold. As I have said before, with "fans" like you who needs derby rivals. Some on here hammer hibs far more than many a Jambo I know.

Ray_
30-09-2011, 08:46 PM
How very interesting. Something you'll never be accused of!

The bit in bold. As I have said before, with "fans" like you who needs derby rivals. Some on here hammer hibs far more than many a Jambo I know.

It really doesn't matter whether it is interesting or not, what it is, is factual, therefore there's now no reason for you to put on here your wildly inaccurate assumptions on what I like and what I do.

What's the hang up about derby rivals?

Incidentally, your comments and opinion about "fans like me" are worthless, no matter how many times you say it.

ancient hibee
30-09-2011, 08:57 PM
It's a good job we didn't get the 2 extra points we should have had at Dunfermline or the 3 extra points we should have taken from St.Mirren 'cos some people on here would be queuing at the Dean Bridge.

Andy74
01-10-2011, 07:34 AM
It's a good job we didn't get the 2 extra points we should have had at Dunfermline or the 3 extra points we should have taken from St.Mirren 'cos some people on here would be queuing at the Dean Bridge.

The point is we didn't. You could also have said we were lucky to get the three points at Inverness and should have got nothing against Aberdeen or Dundee Utd at home.

ancient hibee
01-10-2011, 04:41 PM
The point is we didn't. You could also have said we were lucky to get the three points at Inverness and should have got nothing against Aberdeen or Dundee Utd at home.

Loosen up it's only football FFS.

Andy74
01-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Loosen up it's only football FFS.

Eh??

Stevie Reid
03-10-2011, 10:50 AM
SR posted that we had three homes games against teams around us, so what, we had a good result against the team in 3rd and on our form I believe we will be moving up the table.

The importance of beating the teams around us is really pretty obvious, as we gain points on them - if we hadn't beaten ICT we would be bottom of the league right now. Whilst our win away at Motherwell was a great result, being in the cup it had no bearing on the league whatsoever, and had it been a league game it would have secured us a point - but the performance was clearly worthy of encouragement.

However, we played the two teams above us (at home) and the team immediately below us recently and didn't beat any of them. Last week I mentioned that I didn't think it was worthy of excitement that we were 'only one win' behind Hearts, and pointed out that Aberdeen were only the same distance behind us.

People often state that the league is tight to try and put a more positive spin on things, but after ten games we are 10 points off 3rd and 6 points off 5th - yet only one point off the bottom. I am much more optimistic after recent performances and the fact that we now have a management team, but we have a long way to go before we can even feel comfortable - if the league remains so close at the bottom then next time we'll have the opportunity to gain points on those around us we will be facing Aberdeen and Dundee Utd away, no matter how good we are we never guaranteed anything at those grounds (though we have had away wins at Pittodrie in the last 3 seasons I think).

Anyway, onwards and upwards - it's just easier to go upwards if you beat the teams around you.