PDA

View Full Version : no call up for O'Connor

WellingtonHibby
28-09-2011, 11:34 PM
Levein prefers the laddie goodwillie who aint getting a game for the EPLs worst club, and that Brightonian chap, McKail smith. no Fletch either.

Still, who needs strikers on form and scoring goals? No scotland apparently.

matty_f
28-09-2011, 11:36 PM
Levein's a ****ing welt.

LeithBoozy
28-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Only one thing left to say to Harry Potter, you Heart's basta, you Heart's basta, you heart's basta.

The Harp Awakes
28-09-2011, 11:44 PM
O'Conner wears a Hibs strip so little or no chance of a call up for him.

Fletch used to wear a Hibs strip so no chance for him either.

Brown is in the squad because he plays for Celtic now.

As for Garry, Scotland's loss is Hibs gain:flag:

Sir David Gray
28-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Not saying he definitely will get called up to play in the next two qualifiers but when did the squad get announced? :dunno:

Didn't think it was published yet.

Bayern Bru
28-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Levein is a bitter, twisted Hearts-centric welt who loves avoiding giving Hibs players or ex-Hibs players a call-up unless of course they play for the Old Firm, or have done in the past.

Brown - Celtic, ex-Hibs.
Whitty - Rangers, ex-Hibs.
Miller - Cardiff, ex-Rangers, ex-Celtic, ex-Hibs.
Caldwell - Wigan, ex-Celtic, ex-Hibs.

Fletch - Wolves, ex-Hibs, refuses to call him up and makes some piss-poor excuse about needing an apology.
GOC - Hibs player, refuses to call him up and makes some piss-poor excuse about the criminal proceedings.

Although he apparently did the same with Goodwillie, funny how it never stopped him calling up McGregor.

I quite honestly find myself not giving a flying one about Scotland any more. Not while Levein is in charge and treating it like a school playground game where he just picks his "pals" over the talent.

Also, why would he watch O'Connor on Saturday if he wasn't going to pick him because of the criminal proceedings? Something isn't adding up here.

Or am I reading too much into this? :greengrin

Bayern Bru
28-09-2011, 11:50 PM
Not saying he definitely will get called up to play in the next two qualifiers but when did the squad get announced? :dunno:

Didn't think it was published yet.

Article in the Scotsman tomorrow saying that Harry won't pick O'Connor and is sticking with Goodwillie.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/No-Scotland-callup-for-the.6844515.jp

WellingtonHibby
28-09-2011, 11:55 PM
in the scotsman. Broons out too, though since he became Lennon Junior for celtic, i think we are better off with Morrison in there anyway. Brown is too static offers little other than looking stupid in 50-50s

smurf
28-09-2011, 11:59 PM
Levein's a ****ing welt.

If Big Gaz was doing it for the Yams he would be a stick on.

Levein is a scruffy idiot.

Sir David Gray
29-09-2011, 12:11 AM
Levein is a bitter, twisted Hearts-centric welt who loves avoiding giving Hibs players or ex-Hibs players a call-up unless of course they play for the Old Firm.

Brown - Celtic, ex-Hibs.
Miller - Cardiff, ex-Hibs.
Caldwell - Wigan, ex-Hibs.

Fletch - Wolves, ex-Hibs, refuses to call him up and makes some piss-poor excuse about needing an apology.
GOC - Hibs player, refuses to call him up and makes some piss-poor excuse about the criminal proceedings.

Although he apparently did the same with Goodwillie, funny how it never stopped him calling up McGregor.

I quite honestly find myself not giving a flying one about Scotland any more. Not while Levein is in charge and treating it like a school playground game where he just picks his "pals" over the talent.

Also, why would he watch O'Connor on Saturday if he wasn't going to pick him because of the criminal proceedings? Something isn't adding up here.

To be fair, I think Allan McGregor was only ever under suspicion of committing a sexual assault. Unlike Goodwillie and O'Connor, he was never charged or even arrested at any stage and the allegation against him was eventually dismissed.

However, the way he went about recalling him to the squad, a little more than a year after being handed a supposed lifetime ban for his childish behaviour, was pretty stomach-churning.

Bayern Bru
29-09-2011, 12:12 AM
To be fair, I think Allan McGregor was only ever under suspicion of committing a sexual assault. Unlike Goodwillie and O'Connor, he was never charged or even arrested at any stage and the allegation against him was eventually dismissed.

However, the way he went about recalling him to the squad, a little more than a year after being handed a supposed lifetime ban for his childish behaviour, was pretty stomach-churning.

Still smacks a little of double standards. If it hadn't been an Old Firm keeper I wonder if the reaction would've been the same?

MWHIBBIES
29-09-2011, 12:36 AM
Levein's a ****ing welt.Can't put it any better than that :top marks

Moulin Yarns
29-09-2011, 06:00 AM

He wasn't there to watch Garry, he was supporting his team, Dundee Utd

Zazu62
29-09-2011, 06:13 AM
He wasn't there to watch Garry, he was supporting his team, Dundee UtdOr looking at swanson

MUPPET
29-09-2011, 06:20 AM
**** Scotland man as long as that Bellend is in charge - not interested!

vuefrom1875
29-09-2011, 06:49 AM
What strikes me about O'connor's omission from the scotland squad is the blatent bias towards Hibs,i'm sorry no one will convince me otherwise..Whilst it is Levene's job to make the selections i find it strange that his backroom staff should concur about his picks.Levene is doing a sterling job at alienating Hibs fans from supporting Scotland, and indeed other clubs,with his negativity and bias.On a personal note i do not give a toss about O'connor's non-selection but i'm sure the 'TARTAN ARMY'will be raising an eyebrow or two as to how you can omit a guy who's banging them in match after match,include Fletch in that last sentence,and fails to make the grade.My view is Scotlands loss, Hibs gain!Rant over!! GGTTH.

R'Albin
29-09-2011, 06:55 AM
I'm confused, has the squad even been announced yet?

soproni1
29-09-2011, 07:12 AM
Or looking at swanson

Exactly why he was there (may have been watching O'Connor too) - very close to a call-up by all accounts, Brown being out and Commons being out of form may open the door

MussiHibee
29-09-2011, 07:26 AM
Hope he gets a good rest, takes what he needs to take :greengrin and fires more goals for the famous.

The Falcon
29-09-2011, 07:29 AM
Levein is a bitter, twisted Hearts-centric welt who loves avoiding giving Hibs players or ex-Hibs players a call-up unless of course they play for the Old Firm, or have done in the past.

Brown - Celtic, ex-Hibs.
Miller - Cardiff, ex-Rangers, ex-Celtic, ex-Hibs.
Caldwell - Wigan, ex-Celtic, ex-Hibs.

You missed out Riordan :greengrin

If Big Gaz was doing it for the Yams he would be a stick on.

Levein is a scruffy idiot.

:top marks I have never agreed with you more Smurf.

Hibby D
29-09-2011, 07:52 AM
I hate Craig Levein and I hate the way he makes me feel. I actually want to punch him on the nose. That isn't ladylike I know, but even going through the imaginery process of doing it makes me feel better.

Gatecrasher
29-09-2011, 08:16 AM
Hope he gets a good rest, takes what he needs to take :greengrin and fires more goals for the famous.

Exactly, from a selfish point of view I would rather he kept
concentrating on playing well for us.

SteveHFC
29-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Levein is ******* ******.

He was so desperate to get Mcgregor and Ferguson back who embarrssed themselves on TV.

The Sea-gull
29-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Can't remember, did he pick Goodwillie for all his squads or did he wait until the charges against him were dropped?

He'll be absolutely gutted big Gaz is banging them in as it means he has to answer questions on the subject, questions on a player he probably thought/hoped he'd never have to consider for selection.

If he didn't pick Goodwillie while he had off the field problems then we can't criticise Potter for now picking G O'C just now as a precedent has been set.

It is a convenient excuse for CL not to pick G O'C right now though.

leither17
29-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Innocent till proven guilty though surely with garry and smashing cock

HibbyDave
29-09-2011, 09:33 AM
No Hibs player will ever be capped under Levein FACT END OF.
Just wait Garry O Joins the weegies in Jan and he will be straight into the team. Likewise Booth, Hanlon etc-OK for under 21's but they will need to move on if they want to progres to full cap as long as Levein is in charge.

ballengeich
29-09-2011, 09:45 AM
O'Connor is not being included for the same reason that Goodwillie was omitted until legal proceedings against him were dropped. This must prove that Levein has an anti-Dundee United agenda!

Before O'Connor, there has not been a Hibs player meriting a Scotland place during Levein's time in the job. Under 21 players are getting picked on merit. There is no evidence that CL is showing any prejudice against Hibs or their players.

I wish the manager and Fletcher would resolve their disagreement, but it's nothing to do with Fletcher's former club.

I find people who won't support the national side because of a prejudice, unsupported by any facts, against the team's manager rather pathetic.

Iain G
29-09-2011, 09:59 AM
O'Connor is not being included for the same reason that Goodwillie was omitted until legal proceedings against him were dropped. This must prove that Levein has an anti-Dundee United agenda!

Before O'Connor, there has not been a Hibs player meriting a Scotland place during Levein's time in the job. Under 21 players are getting picked on merit. There is no evidence that CL is showing any prejudice against Hibs or their players.

I wish the manager and Fletcher would resolve their disagreement, but it's nothing to do with Fletcher's former club.

I find people who won't support the national side because of a prejudice, unsupported by any facts, against the team's manager rather pathetic.

Is it ok if I don't support them cos they are dull and rubbish and are managed by a dull, unimaginative plodder of a coach then??? :greengrin

ballengeich
29-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Is it ok if I don't support them cos they are dull and rubbish and are managed by a dull, unimaginative plodder of a coach then??? :greengrin

Fair enough. It seems to be what's keeping long-time supporters away from ER too.

Hibby D
29-09-2011, 10:10 AM
The sheer number of sports journalists to comment on O'Connor NOT being called up says it all for me!

supersauzee
29-09-2011, 10:10 AM
This was always going to happen! Apparently Levein previously felt GOC brought nothing to the Scotland squad! I dont give a toss about the Scotland national team or Levein so he can go ****** himself. Like others have said how can he call up goodwillie when he aint playing and leave GOC and Fletcher out, its just crazy. Again this can only be good for Hibs as its Scotland's loss, Hibs gain and GOC can get a good rest for the Hibs games. Keeps him focused just on Hibs and this ommission could see him score more for us! :thumbsup:

johnrebus
29-09-2011, 10:12 AM

So, are you saying that Levein looks on Hibernian the same way as he looks on any other club?

:confused:

PS

That must make me rather pathetic, and proud of it!

Andy74
29-09-2011, 10:17 AM
I don't think he is doing a great job but some of this stuff about Levein is pretty wide of the mark. I dealt with him quite a lot a few years ago when he was starting out as manager and he was a really good guy to deal with.

He didn't include goodwillie while there were still charges hanging over him and i think he has to do the same with o'Connor if that is the general decision that is made about these things.

He's up for posession and also molesting police officers as well as having been charged with insurance fraud.

He can score as many goals as he likes but until that goes away I can't see him being considered.

The Fletcher thing is tricky but from what I've heard the problem was and is with how Fletcher handled it and Levein doesn't see it as in his court to make the move to address it. You can take either view on that but its not an unreasonable stance if the same is applied to all in whateer the circumstances were. Should Mancini be going to Tevez just because he might need him?

As posted above I don't see any recent Hibs player that should have been getting in the Scotland squads and ther are plenty in there with Hibs backgrounds.

Bayern Bru
29-09-2011, 10:24 AM

Okay. I choose not to support the national side as much as I could because of Levein's frankly embarrassing decisions such as playing 4-6-0 away from home in a must-win game, his cowardice at begging banned players to play for the team, getting involved in a hissy fit with a striker because he asked to sit out one game and won't do exactly the same thing that Levein himself did to McGregor, his constant overlooking of performing players from ANY team for no decent reason (not O'Connor), and lastly because of ties to other countries/nationalities.

Does that make me pathetic or is it perfectly alright because it isn't based on unsupported prejudice? You're making a lot of assumptions about some folk on this thread.

No-one has said that the Fletcher scenario is anything to do with Hibs.
Goodwillie plays for Blackburn, not Dundee Utd, but the fact remains he is being picked when he isn't making the Blackburn squad on a weekly basis. Not the first XI, the first team squad.
No-one seriously suggested (as far as I can see) that Levein actually has an anti-Hibs agenda. FWIW, my entire original post was largely tongue in cheek, hence the 'Or am I reading too much into this? :greengrin' line at the end.

BEEJ
29-09-2011, 10:25 AM
I don't think he is doing a great job but some of this stuff about Levein is pretty wide of the mark. I dealt with him quite a lot a few years ago when he was starting out as manager and he was a really good guy to deal with.

He didn't include goodwillie while there were still charges hanging over him and i think he has to do the same with o'Connor if that is the general decision that is made about these things.

He's up for posession and also molesting police officers as well as having been charged with insurance fraud.

He can score as many goals as he likes but until that goes away I can't see him being considered.

The Fletcher thing is tricky but from what I've heard the problem was and is with how Fletcher handled it and Levein doesn't see it as in his court to make the move to address it. You can take either view on that but its not an unreasonable stance if the same is applied to all in whateer the circumstances were. Should Mancini be going to Tevez just because he might need him?
:agree:

Much as though I'd love to have a reason to detest Levein even more than I already do, I fear that GO'C has given him too many ready excuses to leave him out of the international squad at this point.

johnrebus
29-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Levein has no right to take the high moral ground with anyone.

Lets remember that he brought McGregor straight back in the squad after his misdemeanours and practically begged the odious Ferguson to come back.

Fletcher said he did not want ot be considered for ONE match - a meaningless friendly at the business end of the season with his club in danger of relegation. Levein has behaved like a bairn on this one.

Let us also remember that it was Levein who assaulted a team mate - during a match - breaking his jaw. He should have been locked up for that (Duncan Ferguson did much less and got banged up)

The man is a bitter and twisted embarrassment to the Scotland job and should be emptied forthwith. Hopefully after we get humped by the mighty Lichtenstein.

Bayern Bru
29-09-2011, 10:27 AM

As posted above I don't see any recent Hibs player that should have been getting in the Scotland squads and ther are plenty in there with Hibs backgrounds.

Aye. If he picked O'Connor and/or other players who were involved in off-field antics he'd be getting it tight for doing that so he can't win!

Although surely "refusing to come on as a sub in a European game" and "asking to be omitted from the squad to contest a diddy cup" are a bit different though. :greengrin

heretoday
29-09-2011, 10:35 AM
I couldn't give a monkey's whether O'Connor gets picked for Scotland or not.

As long as he's fit and determined to pay Hibs back for believing in him, that's all that matters.

AlbertK86
29-09-2011, 10:44 AM
What is Levein all about.

he has picked 3 strikers.... unbelievable.... what other international team only includes 3 strikers. Against Lichenstien we should be going all out attack for the win but to me this indicates this hearts bassa is going maximum 1 up front.

Kerrplunk
29-09-2011, 11:05 AM
O'Connor is not being included for the same reason that Goodwillie was omitted until legal proceedings against him were dropped. This must prove that Levein has an anti-Dundee United agenda!Before O'Connor, there has not been a Hibs player meriting a Scotland place during Levein's time in the job. Under 21 players are getting picked on merit. There is no evidence that CL is showing any prejudice against Hibs or their players.I wish the manager and Fletcher would resolve their disagreement, but it's nothing to do with Fletcher's former club. I find people who won't support the national side because of a prejudice, unsupported by any facts, against the team's manager rather pathetic. I think we all knew levein would leave o'connor out. Purely on form he should be in the squad and all the off-field stuff should be left to one side as it doesn't seem to be affecting his game. Smacks of double standards to me as i am pretty sure goodwillie still has an assault charge hanging over him. I cannot believe that the scotland manager or his staff have failed to be impressed by o'connor on the pitch this season so will be interesting to hear why he left him out!

Stevie Reid
29-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Danny Swanson called up.

johnrebus
29-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Danny Swanson called up.

Crickey!

Does Levein know that he's a Hibbie?

:rolleyes:

Stevie Reid
29-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Crickey!

Does Levein know that he's a Hibbie?

:rolleyes:

Good player capable of real quality but there are more deserving players.

SteveHFC
29-09-2011, 11:12 AM
James Forrest - Bench Warmer at Celtic gets in the squad but Fletcher, O'Connor or McCormack don't.

Manxhibs
29-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Not surprised one bit that Garry wasn't selected. Levein seems utterly intent on sticking with a mixture of premier league, old firm, championship and ex players. Complete fud!

Stevie Reid
29-09-2011, 11:18 AM

I agree with much of this, Levein actually really impressed me with what he said and how he handled himself initially, and had more respect from me than any Hearts manager before or since - that was until his pathetic outburst at Mowbray, the day before he left for Leicester.

I can't agree regarding the Fletcher situation though, Levein is national team manager and supposed to be the mature character here, and he had no reservations about going cap in hand to McGregor, Ferguson and Boyd after their indiscretions. It is his job to pick the best players available to him, and Fletcher is one of those players - if he picks him and Fletcher says he doesn't want to play now or ever, then the situation is finished, if he is selected and plays to his ability, we have a £7M striker and much better chance of achieving.

In short, Levein is being negligent as his ego is holding back the national team.

ballengeich
29-09-2011, 11:22 AM
So, are you saying that Levein looks on Hibernian the same way as he looks on any other club?

Yes. There's no evidence that he doesn't.

Gettin' Auld
29-09-2011, 11:25 AM
He's been "molesting police officers"???

I must have missed that part of the story. Do enlighten me?

Green and white
29-09-2011, 11:26 AM
He was watching Swanson. CL and Swanson have a bromance going on, he thinks Danny is one of the best youth talents in Scotland. He is picking Goodwillie because he has managed him before, knows what he's all about and thinks he's the right man for the job, nothing to do with Flecture or O'Connor.

I would like to see CL play more attractive, attacking football though. We haven't progressed anywhere in the last 20 years, it's time we went out and attacked. By playing defensively you may win but you won't get better. At least if you go out and attack your going to improve. Fact is we're not even winning by playing anti football so whats the point? With Charlie Adam and Darren Flecture in the middle of the park you must be able to create some form of attractive football. The win at all cost mentality is terrible in this country.

Part/Time Supporter
29-09-2011, 11:27 AM
He was watching Swanson. CL and Swanson have a bromance going on, he thinks Danny is one of the best youth talents in Scotland. He is picking Goodwillie because he has managed him before, knows what he's all about and thinks he's the right man for the job, nothing to do with Flecture or O'Connor.

I would like to see CL play more attractive, attacking football though. We haven't progressed anywhere in the last 20 years, it's time we went out and attacked. By playing defensively you may win but you won't get better. At least if you go out and attack your going to improve. Fact is we're not even winning by playing anti football so whats the point? With Charlie Adam and Darren Flecture in the middle of the park you must be able to create some form of attractive football. The win at all cost mentality is terrible in this country.

Predictive text?

:greengrin

ballengeich
29-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Okay. I choose not to support the national side as much as I could because of Levein's frankly embarrassing decisions such as playing 4-6-0 away from home in a must-win game, his cowardice at begging banned players to play for the team, getting involved in a hissy fit with a striker because he asked to sit out one game and won't do exactly the same thing that Levein himself did to McGregor, his constant overlooking of performing players from ANY team for no decent reason (not O'Connor), and lastly because of ties to other countries/nationalities.

Does that make me pathetic or is it perfectly alright because it isn't based on unsupported prejudice? You're making a lot of assumptions about some folk on this thread.

No-one has said that the Fletcher scenario is anything to do with Hibs.
Goodwillie plays for Blackburn, not Dundee Utd, but the fact remains he is being picked when he isn't making the Blackburn squad on a weekly basis. Not the first XI, the first team squad.
No-one seriously suggested (as far as I can see) that Levein actually has an anti-Hibs agenda. FWIW, my entire original post was largely tongue in cheek, hence the 'Or am I reading too much into this? :greengrin' line at the end.

No objection to someone staying away because of valid reasons. It's the people who can only see bad in CL because of his past at Hearts that I'm getting at. You make some fair points (e.g. 4-6-0), but I don't agree with the opinion in your earlier post that Levein is picking his pals rather than people with talent. He's choosing what he believes is the best team available - doing otherwise would damage his own reputation and future as well as the country's performance. I wish he would sort out his difference with Fletcher, but it's not the same as the position with MacGregor as Levein said when he took the job that he was starting with a clean slate so people would get a chance with him regardless of their past.

Bayern Bru
29-09-2011, 11:39 AM
No objection to someone staying away because of valid reasons. It's the people who can only see bad in CL because of his past at Hearts that I'm getting at. You make some fair points (e.g. 4-6-0), but I don't agree with the opinion in your earlier post that Levein is picking his pals rather than people with talent. He's choosing what he believes is the best team available - doing otherwise would damage his own reputation and future as well as the country's performance. I wish he would sort out his difference with Fletcher, but it's not the same as the position with MacGregor as Levein said when he took the job that he was starting with a clean slate so people would get a chance with him regardless of their past.

Well, as I said my original post was largely tongue-in-cheek; I don't really think it's a case of the old boys' club in terms of who he picks. Just not 100% sure that he is picking the best team available. Then again I suppose it's all subjective in terms of who an individual rates.

Aye, I remembered Levein's clean slate comment a wee while ago. Still think it's ludicrous but fair enough.

Albion Hibs
29-09-2011, 11:40 AM
The twat can keep digging a hole for himself as far as I am concerned, but it is now starting to risk results of our national team.

His gash reasoning behind players not getting a game if the dont feature for their club is now making him look foolish in the eyes of anyone neutral. Goodwillie may well be a better player than O'Connor on paper or however it is the fandango looks at it, however, on form there is no comparison, a player scoring week in week out V's someone who runs the touchline every 25 mins to keep warm. If he was doing it every second week at the side of pitch at old trafford fair enough there is maybe half an excuse, but at blackburn!

Get a life Levien.

Sodje_18
29-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Potter can get to ****, woudlnae ken talent if it hit him square on the nose.

Dashing Bob S
29-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Levein has no right to take the high moral ground with anyone.

Lets remember that he brought McGregor straight back in the squad after his misdemeanours and practically begged the odious Ferguson to come back.

Fletcher said he did not want ot be considered for ONE match - a meaningless friendly at the business end of the season with his club in danger of relegation. Levein has behaved like a bairn on this one.

Let us also remember that it was Levein who assaulted a team mate - during a match - breaking his jaw. He should have been locked up for that (Duncan Ferguson did much less and got banged up)

The man is a bitter and twisted embarrassment to the Scotland job and should be emptied forthwith. Hopefully after we get humped by the mighty Lichtenstein.

After the Czech debacle he should never be allowed to manage any football team again. Levein brought Scottish football ireprably into disrepute that day and should be charged with this. An obnoxious fud of the highest order who would be out his depth in a paddling pool.

hibsbollah
29-09-2011, 12:11 PM
I dont particularly care if O'Connor never went anywhere near the national side. On the plus side he might benefit from playing at that higher level, on the other theres the possibility of injuries, long journeys/tiredness and just the demoralising effect of having to spend time next to SFA blazers and being coached anti-football by a clown like Levein.I felt the same when Levein wouldn't pick Riordan. Probably a blessing in disguise from a Hibs point of view.

frazeHFC
29-09-2011, 12:14 PM
That is an absolute joke. Potter can gtf.

M11BMO
29-09-2011, 12:15 PM
James Forrest - Bench Warmer at Celtic gets in the squad but Fletcher, O'Connor or McCormack don't.

I cannot understand for the life of me why Forrest has been called up recently. Potter is clueless...

Green and white
29-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Predictive text?

:greengrin
nah mate just uneducated!

hibsbollah
29-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Who is Grant Hanley?

Andy74
29-09-2011, 12:20 PM
He's been "molesting police officers"???

I must have missed that part of the story. Do enlighten me?

You must have. It was in the article I read. Can't be ersed finding it though.

Edit: Okay, seeing as I found it anyway: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-15089082

M11BMO
29-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Who is Grant Hanley?

Defender for Blackburn.

DCI Gene Hunt
29-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Come on lads. Are you really all that surprised that a Hibs player does not get called up for the national squad?

You should all know by now that it is only the preserve of Old Firm players and never-heard-ofs from the English divisions! :rolleyes:

Fcek 'em. Better for us that he doesn't get called up. I'd rather he spent all his time and effort for his club (Hibs) rather than fannying around with that bunch of morons that are an epic fail of a team that shall never taste victory in anything. National embarrassment. Call up = waste of time.

Gene

MWHIBBIES
29-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Who is Grant Hanley?Some kid from Blackburn who is obviously the new Alan Hansen if Levein is calling him up :faf:

frazeHFC
29-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Come on lads. Are you really all that surprised that a Hibs player does not get called up for the national squad?

You should all know by now that it is only the preserve of Old Firm players and never-heard-ofs from the English divisions! :rolleyes:

Fcek 'em. Better for us that he doesn't get called up. I'd rather he spent all his time and effort for his club (Hibs) rather than fannying around with that bunch of morons that are an epic fail of a team that shall never taste victory in anything. National embarrassment. Call up = waste of time.

Gene

But i still want Scotland to do well, and i think GOC would contribute to any success in the 2 games.

DCI Gene Hunt
29-09-2011, 12:36 PM
But i still want Scotland to do well, and i think GOC would contribute to any success in the 2 games.

Indeed, contribute well he would I suspect, but he doesn't play for Smelltick or Ra Gerz, so he's not allowed into the squad, y'see.

iwasthere1972
29-09-2011, 12:38 PM
From a selfish point of view I'm glad Garry didn't get called up for the Scotland squad and run the risk of getting an injury.

He needs to keep fit and play week in week out for us.

jdships
29-09-2011, 01:00 PM
One consolation is if/when Scotland fail to qualify for Europe " Harry Potter" won't be picked for Scotland again either !! :greengrin
He will be out of a job

HibsMax
29-09-2011, 01:11 PM
From Scotsman article:
It is understood that Levein has decided to leave out O'Connor while the player has criminal charges hanging over him.

What happened to being innocent until proven guilty? We can all say what we want about presumed guilt but it's not in the books yet. The man is playing well and scoring goals aplenty. JUST what Scotland needs to improve our chances of qualifying. But who wants that?

The Hurricane
29-09-2011, 02:09 PM
QUOTE=MWHIBBIES;2932695]Can't put it any better than that :top marks[/QUOTE]

He is getting close to my most hated person in the history of fitba the little creature that was Alex McDonald H....A....T....E

Sir David Gray
29-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Can't remember, did he pick Goodwillie for all his squads or did he wait until the charges against him were dropped?

He'll be absolutely gutted big Gaz is banging them in as it means he has to answer questions on the subject, questions on a player he probably thought/hoped he'd never have to consider for selection.

If he didn't pick Goodwillie while he had off the field problems then we can't criticise Potter for now picking G O'C just now as a precedent has been set.

It is a convenient excuse for CL not to pick G O'C right now though.

David Goodwillie was not considered for international selection until the rape charge against him was dropped.

If Levein is applying a rule stating that he won't pick players who face criminal charges then that is fair enough.

I just hope that he is consistent in applying that rule and it is seen right across the board, regardless of who it is.

Barney McGrew
29-09-2011, 02:47 PM
If Levein is applying a rule stating that he won't pick players who face criminal charges then that is fair enough

Let's see if he sticks to his guns if the civil action against Brawcock is launched.

Just as well for him that he's already been found guilty of two separate counts of assault or he wouldn't be in the squad this time either. So in Potter's eyes it's OK once you've been proved guilty, just not when the case is still to be heard :whistle:

ScottB
29-09-2011, 03:13 PM
To be fair, given Garry is in the press heavily at the moment for his drug problems, it's hardly a surprise that he hasn't gotten a call up, sure, in an ideal world he'd be in there, as I reckon he'd do the business, but you can't blame Levein for not picking him.

I wouldn't say it's some vendetta against us by any means. If all the charges against GO'C are dropped and he's still banging them in and still not getting picked, then we can start talking about that...

NOLA
29-09-2011, 03:16 PM
tbf to potter, he never picked goodcok while he was awaiting trial, im glad goc isnt in the squad though, being in the same hotel with those bams would drive me to drugs too :greengrin

.Sean.
29-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Personally I'm delighted at his non-inclusion. I couldn't, and never have, give a toss about the National Team bolloclks, and my stance is only re-affirmed when I see Scotland have a gormless, speccy Hearts twat at the helm.

silverhibee
29-09-2011, 03:32 PM
David Goodwillie was not considered for international selection until the rape charge against him was dropped.

If Levein is applying a rule stating that he won't pick players who face criminal charges then that is fair enough.

I just hope that he is consistent in applying that rule and it is seen right across the board, regardless of who it is.

He kept picking Kenny Miller who had outstanding driving offences to go to court for, i know not the same seriousness of charge, but it should be the same rule for everyone, and as for Goodwillie, he still has to go to court for a serious assault, so how is he still being picked for Scotland duty.

Bayern Bru
29-09-2011, 03:56 PM
He kept picking Kenny Miller who had outstanding driving offences to go to court for, i know not the same seriousness of charge, but it should be the same rule for everyone, and as for Goodwillie, he still has to go to court for a serious assault, so how is he still being picked for Scotland duty.

Kyle Hutton travelled somewhere abroad for a game, missing a court appearance in the process.

I know he's U-21 (amirite?) but you just jogged my memory Silver.

HibbyAndy
29-09-2011, 04:03 PM
If GOC had scored 10 plus goals for Hearts he would be in the Scotland sqaud. It really is a no brainer. Levein is a dirty hearts barsteward.

WhileTheChief..
29-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Richard Gordon and co were talking about the squad and GOC's omission from it before the Celtic game, said that they will hear Levein's views on it in an interview at half time.

Personally I can't see him deliberately leaving him out just cause he plays for Hibs. Leaving him out because of the charges against him seems reasonable enough to me.

ekhibee
29-09-2011, 06:22 PM
All that I can think of as regards Levein actually going to watch O'Connor and not picking him, is that he must have somehow seen something during the games that O'Connor played that told him that O'Connor still has personal issues to deal with which wouldn't make him a useful player against the mighty Liechetenstein. Other wise, why would he even bother going to see him? O'Connor has been scoring goals regularly, and I can't for the life of me see how Levein can say that when u consider that O'Connor is scoring regularly, and if he has got issues, he sure ain't showing it. And whether some people on here think otherwise or not, Levein's explanation for not picking him is absolute nonsense.

lenny leith
29-09-2011, 06:41 PM
wouldn't cross the road to watch Scotland. Not picking Hibs players is a long standing thing with Scotland.
Levein hasn't got a clue and Garry's omission shows Levein is still a bitter twisted yam fud.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Kaiser1962
29-09-2011, 09:01 PM

Good point. Goodwillie was on/is on very serious charges that, IMHO, are incomparable to those that GOC is on. It's a bit like those that linked the (alleged) crimes of Thomson and Black at the PBS. Thomson's offences were on a totally different scale from Black's.

clerriehibs
29-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Richard Gordon and co were talking about the squad and GOC's omission from it before the Celtic game, said that they will hear Levein's views on it in an interview at half time.

Personally I can't see him deliberately leaving him out just cause he plays for Hibs. Leaving him out because of the charges against him seems reasonable enough to me.

Does it seem consistent to you as well?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-14573586

(http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-14573586)levein is an arrogant git, always has been, and is not for turning, never has been. He's worse than thatcher in that respect.

Sir David Gray
29-09-2011, 09:19 PM

That is actually a very good point and one that I had completely forgotten about, to be honest.

Reading the limited amount of details that have come out, with regards to the assault charge that he faces, the nature of the alleged attack is actually really vicious.

Levein really is a complete and utter fud. :bye:

marleyhib
29-09-2011, 10:43 PM
It's nowt to do with Levein being a Jambo or any of his anti Hibs bias I just think he is *****, negative manager.

Lichtenstein: 4-4-2 : O'Connor and Fletcher up front for me, oh and I've have Deek in there too. Garry aint in jail, he's innocent until proven guilty, he's not raped or killed anyone and he's way better than anyone else we (Scotland) have got.

He's class, end of.

paul_hfc3
29-09-2011, 10:55 PM
At this rate I will be awaiting a Gary Glen call up soon as well as International reform on him grafting again like he did for Andy Driver, to get De Vries called up. The man hates Hibs fact.

I'm the same as many. Struggling to support Scotland at the moment while knowing he's at the helm with his blatant Jambo biasness and ugly tactics in the recent past.

Wotherspiniesta
29-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Not sure if its been mentioned in the previous posts but did anyone hear his reasons not for including Steven Fletcher?

" I haven't had any communication with Steven as yet. I've read the same things I've read as you (reporter) but you can't always believe what you read in the papers" to which he s******s.

Is he serious? Fair enough, the papers make up some *****, but the article that I read about Fletcher wanting to be considered again had direct quotes from Fletch saying he was available for selection and he was hoping Levein would be in touch with him.

Levein practically begged Ferguson and McGregor to come back to the Scotland squad after their embarassing antics yet can't even be bothered to pick up the phone to talk to arguably the countries finest striker? and for what? Because he didn't want to play in a friendly once? Give me a ****ing break!

The sooner this bitter fud of a man is removed from his post the better.

Borderhibbie76
29-09-2011, 11:02 PM
If Garry was playing for Smeltic, Huns, Yams of his beloved Arabs he woulda been in the Squad...no questions asked!!!!

**** Harry Potter, hopefully Liechtenstein turn us over and embarrass us...meaning the Speccy yam-meisted is trotting down to the local job-centre in the not too distant!!!

Scotland's loss is the Hibees gain :flag:

Sas_The_Hibby
29-09-2011, 11:02 PM
I lost any respect I had for Levein when he said on television words to the effect that he wouldn't pick Riordan because he couldn't afford a passenger in the team. Apart from being a load of twaddle, IMO, writing off a player publicly, whatever you think privately, is unforgiveable for a national coach.

I doubt Levein consciously discriminates against Hibs players but I suspect he may do so subconsciously. Having said that, as long as he's consistent about not selecting players who have serious criminal charges hanging over them, I can understand the non-inclusion of O'Connor.

Anyway, what do I care? Being English :duck: I have problems enough of my own to worry about! :greengrin

Sir David Gray
30-09-2011, 12:43 AM
I lost any respect I had for Levein when he said on television words to the effect that he wouldn't pick Riordan because he couldn't afford a passenger in the team. Apart from being a load of twaddle, IMO, writing off a player publicly, whatever you think privately, is unforgiveable for a national coach.

I doubt Levein consciously discriminates against Hibs players but I suspect he may do so subconsciously. Having said that, as long as he's consistent about not selecting players who have serious criminal charges hanging over them, I can understand the non-inclusion of O'Connor.

Anyway, what do I care? Being English :duck: I have problems enough of my own to worry about! :greengrin

As Silverhibee has already mentioned earlier on in this thread, Craig Levein is being anything but consistent here as David Goodwillie has been picked for the upcoming matches, despite currently awaiting trial for assault.

basehibby
30-09-2011, 01:04 AM
Levein's a ****ing welt.

:agree: I will always want Scotland to win but cannot but concur with this assessment of our national team's manager - we are not over endowed with striking talent and O'Connor and Fletcher are the obvious contenders to remedy that situation at this moment in time. Sure they both have history of one kind or another with the Scotland set up, but they are not alone in that and are both evidently keen to play.

All considered it's hard to escape from the conlusion that Levein is indeed a J**** welt with a chip on his shoulder - Twat!