PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

hibsbollah
28-09-2011, 10:42 PM
Stack 7 Still worries me at times, especially his positioning. But what impressed me tonight was his distribution. Almost faultless and consistent throughout.

Hanlon 8 If he's as good as that every week at full back I think we have our LB problem sorted.
O'Hanlon 7 Much better than Saturday. Very vocal.
Murray 7 I'm usually a critic, but much better in the middle.
Palsson 5 He got lucky a few times. Gave the way far too often but didnt let his man past him which is the main thing for a full back.

Towell 5 Thought he was poor for the first hour, and putting him holding midfield didnt work. Made a few important blocks late on though.
Osbourne 7 Excellent first half, faded in the second partly because of that ridiculous ref.
Sproule 8 Destroyed their right back in the first half. Yes he missed two chances as well but he got in the good positions in the first place. His enthusiasm seemed to rub off on the others. When he ran to the East when hed scored he looked just like a fan. Welcome back.
Griffiths 6 Some nice touches but looks like hes playing out of position.

Agogo 8 Never knew he had it in him. Tremendous throughout.
O'Connor 8 Excellent again.

Subs
Stevenson 6 His pace was important late on.
Scott 6 Did well. I'd like to see him in the holding midfield role.
Sodje 6 Some good work out wide.

Calderwood (or was it Brown?:devil: )8 Made some imaginative changes (Murray inside, Hanlon out wide, Towell in midfield) that mostly worked. All three subs contributed.

Best performance for ages. Well done all.:flag:

matty_f
28-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Stack 7 Still worries me at times, especially his positioning. But what impressed me tonight was his distribution. Almost faultless and consistent throughout.

Hanlon 8 If he's as good as that every week at full back I think we have our LB problem sorted.
O'Hanlon 7 Much better than Saturday. Very vocal.
Murray 7 I'm usually a critic, but much better in the middle.
Palsson 5 He got lucky a few times. Gave the way far too often but didnt let his man past him which is the main thing for a full back.

Towell 5 Thought he was poor for the first hour, and putting him holding midfield didnt work. Made a few important blocks late on though.
Osbourne 7 Excellent first half, faded in the second partly because of that ridiculous ref.
Sproule 8 Destroyed their right back in the first half. Yes he missed two chances as well but he got in the good positions in the first place. His enthusiasm seemed to rub off on the others. When he ran to the East when hed scored he looked just like a fan. Welcome back.
Griffiths 6 Some nice touches but looks like hes playing out of position.

Agogo 8 Never knew he had it in him. Tremendous throughout.
O'Connor 8 Excellent again.

Subs
Stevenson 6 His pace was important late on.
Scott 6 Did well. I'd like to see him in the holding midfield role.
Sodje 6 Some good work out wide.

Calderwood (or was it Brown?:devil: )8 Made some imaginative changes (Murray inside, Hanlon out wide, Towell in midfield) that mostly worked. All three subs contributed.

Best performance for ages. Well done all.:flag:

Agree with pretty much all of that, though thought Towell probably merited a 6 rather than a 5.

Osbourne looks like he could be a good player if he keeps improving - there was one burst he made in the first half where he got by a couple of Saints players and played a perfect pass through for Ivan to run onto.

Agogo was terrific tonight, he and O'Connor will be a right handful for defences this season, and I can't imagine the Saints defenders would have been that delighted to see O'Connor going off only to be replaced by Sodje who knocked them about a bit as well. :greengrin:

Still a long way to go, but progress is definitely there. That's 5 unbeaten now. 'Mon the Hibs.:flag:

The Harp Awakes
28-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Stack 6 - A couple of decent stops but seems to have lost a bit of confidence and looked hesitant at times.

Hanlon 7 - Still needs to be stronger but up against 2 very good and awkward strikers and had a decent game overall.
O'Hanlon 7 - Pretty solid throughout. Won most of the challenges.
Murray 7 - Good game but blotted his copybook at St Johnstone's 2nd goal. Why didn't he show Sheridan outside?
Palsson 6 - Got better as the game went on but still not the player he was last season.

Towell 7 - Decent game. Sometimes takes the wrong option but still young and decision making will improve.
Osbourne 7 - A good, powerful performance. The victim of ridiculous refereeing. Booked him for persistent and imaginery fouling.
Sproule 8 - Best game since he came back. Inspirational and unlucky to be subbed.
Griffiths 6 - Nothing is going for him. When he does beat his man he gets taken out of play. A goal will sort things out.

Agogo 7 - Growing in confidence and looked good going forward. Still wanting too much time on the ball when defending though.
O'Connor 9 - What an important player for Hibs. Led the line so well and very powerful performance. Break the bank to extend his contract.

Subs
Stevenson 4 - His energy assisted Hanlon on the left flank when he came on but losing Sproule nullified our goal threat.
Scott 4 - Solid if unspectacular. Added a bit of bite at the right phase of the game.
Sodje 5 - A bit unlucky not to be getting more minutes I feel. His power up front helped the team when he was introduced.

CC - Looked more animated tonight - the BB effect? Decent subs although I think Sproule still had something in the tank.

BB - Like a gerbil on speed. Kicks every ball. No coincidence we have now got more fight and desire in the team since he came.

Ref - The pen was the only thing he gave us all night. Gifted St Johnstone free kicks for nowt the entire 90 minutes.

Jones28
29-09-2011, 07:35 AM
Stack 6 - Made some crucial saves, would've been a 7 from me if his kicking hadn't looked so poor!

Palson 7 - Kept Sheridan quiet for the most part and hopefully will regain the confidence he had when he first came to Hibs

O'hanlon 7 - Won most balls in the air, and it looks like the punts up the park are become a rarity

Murray 9 - MOTM for me, was excellent, a huge improvement on playing at left back

Hanlon 7 - Actually prefer Hanlon at left back, thought he looked less hesitant on the ball. Sheridan skinned him for there second goal though

Sproule 8 - Great goal, took it very well. Had his final delivery been a bit better it could have been 5-2

Osbourne 8 - Improving every week this laddie, playing football the right way, and playing it well too

Towell 7 - Solid again from Ritchie, he will be a top class player and Hibs would be mad not to try and sign him off Celtic permanently

Agogo 7 - Same with Osbourne, he's getting better all the time. Got caught in possession a couple of times

G'OC 9 - Quality...again

Griffiths 5 - Been hugely underwhelmed by him, hopefully will improve

Hfc_Since1875
29-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Stack -6 Not a great deal to do but few dodgy kicks!

Palsson- 7 did well when moved to rb snuffing craig and then gibson out the game for them! much better than his rb performances at the start of the season
o'Hanlon -6 reasonably comanding against 2 big strikers!
Murray- 6 Did well
Hanlon 7- good in the air and set sproule away few times! maybe a few weeks at LB to get his confidence back

Towell- 7 Impresssed by him in CM, ver composed although caught a couple times in possession
Ozzy- 7 Usuall from ozzy! lots of effort and puts himself about! played well

Griffiths- 5 Maybe still carrying a knock but barely noticed him in the game! In fairness hes not a winger!
Sproule- 8 Played very well i thought! Great outball and caused endless problems for them! Final ball could be better! took his goal very well though

Agogo -9 My MOM Great hold up play and link up with GOC! Much improved on the player we saw in the first few games! more of the same please Jnr!!
GOC -9 Great finnishes! 10 League goals already! Please Stay Gazza!!

Albion Hibs
29-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Stack 7 - A couple of decent shots pushed round the post and on a couple came off the line to punch clear which was comforting to see.

Hanlon 7 - Thought he did well generally, in the last 10-15 he looked very good and showed the sort of aggression in the air I have always wanted to see from him at CH.

O'Hanlon 7 - Good game, looked slightly suspect for their first but could not tell if the guy ran off townel.

Murray 8 - I thought he had a great game, won almost everything against two CF that have been on form recently, both of which are big units. In addition first game at CH this season and again goes and plays for the cause where ever he is asked to do so.

Palsson 6 - His passing is rank, and until he was moved to RB he was as invisible as he was for most of the 2nd half on sat. He may have a tough shift against Wild if he plays RB on Sat as the boy has more than plenty pace.

Towell 6 - Played well, think he is a good passer of the ball so would like to see him get the ball forward more if he plays in there against the huns.

Osbourne 7 - He can look rank at one min then brilliant for the next five. I will put that down to getting up to speed. Overall I think he was very good, what the ref saw in the challange I dont know.

Sproule 7 - Great goal and got passed the full back more than a few times with decent deliveries into the box. Poor for the first goal but overall a good performance, fingers crossed he managed to see the boys that were giving him pelters on Sat and tell them to shut their hole!

Griffiths 6 - Is trying to hard to get his first goal. When we are 3 against 2 the ball needs to be squared. He is not a right midfielder so feel a bit sorry for him. He will get his chance and his goal very soon I think!

Agogo 8 - Between him and O'Connor for man of the match, thought he was excellent, held the ball up as well as I have seen anyone do it for years. Great passing ability and good vision.

O'Connor 8 - You just cant argue, he is scoring with every half chance he gets.

I thought we made very good use of subs and each one contributed well to the overall result. I think the CC and BB got it bang on tonight and had the players up for it.

Well done to them and fingers crossed we can carry it on to saturday to get some sort of result.

calumhibee1
29-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Stack - 7 - Couldn't do anything about the goals, distribution excellent.

Palsson - 6 - Not the player we seen when he arrived, although was decent enough
O'Hanlon - 6 - Done ok, so so slow though.
Murray - 7 - Best game in a while
Hanlon - 7 - Played well, also best game in a while

Sproule - 8 - caused no end of problems.
Osbourne - 7 - Looks a good player
Towell - 8 - Thought he was brilliant in CM, not so good at RB. Think he looks better in a position where he's not expected to beat players and get to the byline.
Sparky - 5 - Anonymous.

Agogo - 8 - linked up well with O'Connor and worked hard. Best game in a Hibs shirt.
O'Connor - 9 - On current form has to be the best striker in the SPL.

machibby
29-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Stack 6/7 - No real chance with either goals and made a couple of decent stops. Hopefully as his confidence grows again he'll come of his line a bit more and at the right time. Distribution always a plus point, apart from that wayward kick out when the nerves were showing at 3-2.

Hanlon 7 - Much better on the left, seemed to grow as the game went on and did his job fairly well, wonder who's decision that was to take him out the centre CC or BB?

O'Hanlon 7 - Get the impression, this will be as good as it gets from O'Hanlon. A fair bit of no nonsense defending, but looks a bit slow on the turn at times. Over all did well enough last night and deserves a pat on the back.

Murray 8 - Had him as MOM until Sheridan turned him late on for their second. Showed great commitment and fight and his experience shone through last night. Great game and glad to see him in at CH although a bit of pace might do that partnership some damage.

Palsson 5/6 - Needs to improve for me, his passes are either to the opposition or with such fierce pace on them that it gives his team mates no chance. On a positive note I think he's the sort of young lad that will thrive on confidence and even without that last night he defended well enough

Towell 6 - Decent enough game last night although tired as the game went on. Main criticism would be he's a bit shy in a challenge, few times last night where he lost out by not being aggressive enough.

Osbourne 7/8 - Think he had decent game last night and a difficult job to do with Ivan, Leigh, GOC and Junior all pushing forward and a ref constantly pulling him up for strong but fair challenges. Over all he did the job of protection and supply really well and is getting better with every game.

Sproule 7 - Best game since being back, despite losing possession for their first. Gave the saints alot to contend with and thought we lost our way when CC withdrew his pace and threat. Well taken goal and could have had another.

Griffiths 5/6 - Just has to get his head down and graft and the rest will come for him. Certainly has some good skills, but doesn't seem to make the right runs often enough.

Agogo 8 - MOM for me, for effort, chasing and spirit alone. Deceptively has a bit of pace and made some great runs. Good understanding with players around him and really good target man last night. More of this please Junior!

O'Connor 8 - Much the same as Agogo last night and goals too, but Agogo nicks MOM for his transformation to the player we hadn't seen before.

Subs were all equal to their tasks and performed well. BB is a definite asset and his constant shouting and direction from the side is what has been missing, certainly true to his word of being the biggest supporter of which ever club he's at. Would have given Sproule longer on the pitch, but other than that well done CC.

Think we now have to look at keeping better possession and therefore making it a bit easier on ourselves.

Hfc_Since1875
29-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Hanlon[/B] 7 - Much better on the left, seemed to grow as the game went on and did his job fairly well, wonder who's decision that was to take him out the centre CC or BB?

Heard CC on the radio saying that Hanlon went down the line in training and swung in a Roberto Carlos Style cross! :thumbsup: Decided too change it to see if it improved us in his words!

Hopefully few games out at LB with less pressure to get some confidence back in him! Still beleive hes going to be a great Centre Half and future captain!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

calumb
29-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Attacking wise you have to give the whole team a 10/10. O'connor and Agogo were superb up front, Ivan caused them no end of problems down the side, even Osbourne who up to now i did not rate attacked well.

Defensively its still a 1/10 though, Hanlon had a good game but him and the other 2 Hibs players failed to deal with the cross before the first and Murray was easily turned for the second, and there could have been more as they constantly found themselves free in our box.

But a wins a win and with eleven goals in 2 games nobody can doubt that Easter Roads the place to go for entertainment.

machibby
29-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Defensively its still a 1/10 though, Hanlon had a good game but him and the other 2 Hibs players failed to deal with the cross before the first and Murray was easily turned for the second, and there could have been more as they constantly found themselves free in our box.

But a wins a win and with eleven goals in 2 games nobody can doubt that Easter Roads the place to go for entertainment.

Tad harsh don't you think? Admittedly it wasn't fantastic defending, but certainly better than it's been for a while and for a first try at this line up they get pass marks for me. For me last nights defensive lapses came further up the park.

BigBamba
29-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Stack - 6 made the basic saves but nothing spectacular.

Palsson - 7 I felt we looked much stronger in defense when he dropped back.

Murray - 7 felt he won a lot in the air, and showed he's not as slow as people make out.

O'hanlon - 6 good in the air, but disttibution is poor.

Hanlon - 6

Sproule - 8 his effort levels are very good and he is a constant threat.

Osbourne - 8 felt he looked very good but tired near the end.

Towell - 8 his composure was excellent in the middle.

Griffiths - 5 never got in the game.

Agogo - 9 much better from him, great link up play.

O'connor - 9 what a player, man of the match for me.

CC & BB - 10 some great tactical moves.

francobaresi
30-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Take off the rose tinted glasses... Some bizarre comments, thought we were lucky weds night... Tragic in defence and when GO'C went off we were lucky to hang on... Agogo, well he should do just that... Some of them nearly beat themselves when on the ball, way off match fitness and most distribution poor... It is however a turning point and let's hopefully see a vast improvement in the coming months starting with a toughy at Ibrox tomorrow... We take anything from that then it will be a great result...

GGTTH:flag:

Franck is God
30-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Some of the ratings in this thread so far have been very generous particularly for the defence IMO.

Stack - 6 made the saves he'd be expected to make, slow & poor distribution at times and hesitant to leave his line still.

Pallson - 6 was moved to RB as Towell's lack of height was being exploited, did ok defensively but offered little going the other way

O'Hanlon - 5 Coped well in the air but the mobility of Sandaza & Sheridan caused him plenty of bother

Murray - 4 Same as O'Hanlon but thought he was poorer in the air and beaten way too easily for Sheridan's goal.

Hanlon - 5 Not a LB but wasn't the worst in the defence

Towell - 4 Couldn't cope at RB, did the defensive role ok in midfield but distribution was poor throughout.

Osbourne - 8 Improving in every game, thought this was his best so far

Sproule - 7 Caused the Saints defence problems while on the pitch, good goal but at times defensively very poor and his reading of the game and anticipation is non existent at times.

Griffiths - 5 He's not a right midfielder but his application and decision making when he did get the ball was not good.

Agogo - 9 Best game in a Hibs shirt and his link work with O'Connor was superb, if he'd scored he would have got 10/10

O'Connor - 10 As above with Agogo but his two goals get him top marks & MOM for me.

Subs

Scott - 6 Difficult to be a sub in any game but contributed well when he came on

Stevenson - 6 Provided much better defensive cover that Sproule but as a left midfielder is less equipped going forward.

Sodje - 5 Didn't get long but did well enough.

bawheid
30-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Some of the ratings in this thread so far have been very generous particularly for the defence IMO.

Murray - 4 Same as O'Hanlon but thought he was poorer in the air and beaten way too easily for Sheridan's goal.

You're asking for it! :greengrin

Albion Hibs
30-09-2011, 11:56 AM

He is not, he is at the wind up!

Did you see the nonsense team he put out for "when everyone is fit.." it was basically all the players that have been taken out due to poor performances / never performing.

Franck is God
30-09-2011, 11:58 AM

It was still a good win though but massive room for improvement at the back, just didn't think we looked that solid. Almost had a heart attack when O'Hanlon left a header to go out of play and Sheridan almost got on the end of it at the back post.

Palsson only got a 6 because he was put there for a reason and did what was asked of him.

Franck is God
30-09-2011, 12:02 PM
He is not, he is at the wind up!

I don't wind up, I comment on threads I have an interest in or have an opinion on something.

I've been watching Hibs and football in general for over 30 years and believe that I know a thing or two about the game and how to judge a players performance effectively and objectively.

Albion Hibs
30-09-2011, 12:04 PM
I don't wind up, I comment on threads I have an interest in or have an opinion on something.

I've been watching Hibs and football in general for over 30 years and believe that I know a thing or two about the game and how to judge a players performance effectively and objectively.

Cringe....the age card again. Seems to be becoming a favourite on here these days!

Did you ever think part of the reason we scored three goals against a team that had not conceeded on the road this season was down the fact that we played a lot of attacking players from the midfield forward? If you are going to committ so much to attack you are always going to be more vulnerable at the back.

Franck is God
30-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Cringe....the age card again. Seems to be becoming a favourite on here these days!

As much a favourite as being accused of being on the wind up if you have a differing opinion?