PDA

View Full Version : Media There's Only One Sauzee

Jonnyboy
28-09-2011, 10:31 PM
I've just received my advance copy of Ted Brack's latest book and will be reviewing it in due course.

Meantime details here re buying

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Theres-Only-One-Sauzee-Graced/dp/1845023501/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1317249007&sr=1-6

erin go bragh
28-09-2011, 10:45 PM
I've just received my advance copy of Ted Brack's latest book and will be reviewing it in due course.

Meantime details here re buying

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Theres-Only-One-Sauzee-Graced/dp/1845023501/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1317249007&sr=1-6

How good does Sauzee look in that hibs top ,:not worth:agree::top marks
or is it ,how good does that hibs top look with sauzee in it .
Defo buying the book , is there any chance of the great man doing a signing with the book ?

GGTTH

Jonnyboy
28-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Defo buying the book , is there any chance of the great man doing a signing with the book ?

GGTTH

I know efforts have and are still being made re that but nothing concrete so far

Bayern Bru
29-09-2011, 12:00 AM
My invite came in the post today. Looking forward to it. Although Leitrim Snr is hogging the copy at the moment :greengrin

Oh, and it's "How good does that Hibs top look with Sauzee in it."

:agree:

broonie27
29-09-2011, 01:14 AM
An entire book devoted to a couple of years at ER, really? I'll wait for the reviews before purchasing this one.

cabbageandribs1875
29-09-2011, 01:38 AM

GGTTH

pretty sure i read on here that he couldn't be contacted for ian murray's testimonial game, but maybe, different circumstances and all that.....:devil:

cocopops1875
29-09-2011, 06:07 AM
An entire book devoted to a couple of years at ER, really? I'll wait for the reviews before purchasing this one.

Of the best Hibs player most under 30-40 have ever seen its a no brainer for me. I loved the previous books but never having seen paddy or lawrie meant a struggle to relate, this however is my best era watching Hibs I was at most of the matches know most of the players that will be quoted. There is and always will be Only One Sauzee

matty_f
29-09-2011, 06:55 AM
Of the best Hibs player most under 30-40 have ever seen its a no brainer for me. I loved the previous books but never having seen paddy or lawrie meant a struggle to relate, this however is my best era watching Hibs I was at most of the matches know most of the players that will be quoted. There is and always will be Only One SauzeeSpot on. I'm in the same boat and Sauzee remains my favourite ever Hibs player. Looking forward to reading this one. :agree:

smurf
29-09-2011, 07:29 AM
I hope one day the support gets a proper opportunity to thank the guy and say our goodbyes.

A proper man as well as a tremendous footballer.

I will never forget his face as I was driving down Easter Road and in traffic stopped at the junction of Brunswick Street. Then appeared a certain Franck Sauzee at the junction attempting to turn left onto Easter Road.... I reversed bowing and applauding my heart in my mouth to let the Hibernian great out...

His reaction and manner was so funny. So gracious. He obviously thought I was a right plonker!

The Franck Sauzee appreciation society organised a great day in may 2002 at Easter Road. He was obviously touched by the remarkable love given to him.

His relationship with us epitomised everything that is great about our club.

Can't wait to read the book. A welcome addition to the Hibernian library.

bawheid
29-09-2011, 07:45 AM
I hope one day the support gets a proper opportunity to thank the guy and say our goodbyes.

A proper man as well as a tremendous footballer.

I will never forget his face as I was driving down Easter Road and in traffic stopped at the junction of Brunswick Street. Then appeared a certain Franck Sauzee at the junction attempting to turn left onto Easter Road.... I reversed bowing and applauding my heart in my mouth to let the Hibernian great out...

His reaction and manner was so funny. So gracious. He obviously thought I was a right plonker!

The Franck Sauzee appreciation society organised a great day in may 2002 at Easter Road. He was obviously touched by the remarkable love given to him.

His relationship with us epitomised everything that is great about our club.

Can't wait to read the book. A welcome addition to the Hibernian library.

Nice story smurf. :thumbsup:

Sauzee was my hero, my favourite ever Hibs player. The way the club treated him was a disgrace. Looking forward to the book.

AlbertK86
29-09-2011, 07:51 AM
Sauzee..... Sheer Class

micksoo
29-09-2011, 05:47 PM
I would love to see him back at Easter Road even just to do the half time draw. :hibees

Hibby70
29-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Dont get me wrong i loved Franck when he was here but does anyone not find it strange that he refuses to come back to ER. I know he feels bitter but i'd have hoped that he would put that to one side to acknowledge the fans.

smurf
29-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Dont get me wrong i loved Franck when he was here but does anyone not find it strange that he refuses to come back to ER. I know he feels bitter but i'd have hoped that he would put that to one side to acknowledge the fans.

He has been back. May 2002 at the Franck Sauzee appreciation society.

Why do you think he's bitter?

Jonnyboy
29-09-2011, 07:35 PM

Did you feel the same about the George Best book broonie?

7Hero
29-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Nice story smurf. :thumbsup:

Sauzee was my hero, my favourite ever Hibs player. The way the club treated him was a disgrace. Looking forward to the book.

couldn't agree more...

Franck Stanton
30-09-2011, 12:01 AM
He has been back. May 2002 at the Franck Sauzee appreciation society.

Why do you think he's bitter?

Smurf, maybe I have been living on a different planet, but know nothing about the Franck Sauzee appreciation society, [ yes I am hanging my head in shame], is it still on the go ? and if so how do I go about becoming a member ? Is it just a wind-up ? If so I have swallowed it hook, line.sinker , fishing rod and angler. If it doesn't exist then it should.
As for the book, ordered and will happily drive to France to Le Gods home to have him sign it. He is, IMO on a par with the great Pat Stanton, both , without doubt great players , arguably the best to have worn the green. Now before some on here get all hot and bothered at the last bit of my statement and start quoting Joe Baker, famous 5 and numerous others, this is my opinion and not stated as a matter of fact.

smurf
30-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Set up not long after he was shamefully sacked by a group of supporters. One Saturday afternoon Franck Sauzee was in attendance as a good 500 (?) Paid to thank him in person. He was given some gifts (fishing trip and decanter set if I remember correctly). Very emotional afternoon. Huge bursts of "Sauzee!! There's only one Sauzee!!".

No wind up. Definitely happened.

Hibby D
30-09-2011, 12:28 AM
Set up not long after he was shamefully sacked by a group of supporters. One Saturday afternoon Franck Sauzee was in attendance as a good 500 (?) Paid to thank him in person. He was given some gifts (fishing trip and decanter set if I remember correctly). Very emotional afternoon. Huge bursts of "Sauzee!! There's only one Sauzee!!".

No wind up. Definitely happened.

Wasn't it the Board who sacked him? :hilarious

It did indeed happen and I have the evidence on dvd* to prove it :agree: I also have a beautiful photo of Franck, and my late Mum, taken that day and now hanging up in my kitchen.

*Sadly the quality isn't great. It was made up from pretty amateurish filming. In fact I'm sure some of it was done by Blackpool Hibs so you'll get ma drift :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-09-2011, 12:30 AM
My old man used to work for BT and did a bit of work in the great mans house. The job took about half an hour, the rest of the afternoon was spent talking about fishing and Hibs. My old man said he bottled it to ask him if he fancied going on a days fishing with him and still regrets it now!

blackpoolhibs
30-09-2011, 07:14 AM

It did indeed happen and I have the evidence on dvd* to prove it :agree: I also have a beautiful photo of Franck, and my late Mum, taken that day and now hanging up in my kitchen.

*Sadly the quality isn't great. It was made up from pretty amateurish filming. In fact I'm sure some of it was done by Blackpool Hibs so you'll get ma drift :greengrin

Yes it was Diane, and having lost my copy during my move abroad and return, someone did promise me a copy a while back, but so far has failed to deliver on HER promise. :wink:

smurf
30-09-2011, 07:27 AM

;-) I think certain board members to this day deny their role in sacking him!!

Can't believe its nearly ten years ago... certainly ten years ago since mcleish was for months before his appointment being interviewed for the hun gig.

calumhibee1
30-09-2011, 07:34 AM
Anyone with the DVD able to put it on youtube? My favourite ever Hibs player by quite some distance, would pay anything to see him back at ER once. :agree:

Hibby D
30-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Yes it was Diane, and having lost my copy during my move abroad and return, someone did promise me a copy a while back, but so far has failed to deliver on HER promise. :wink:

:blushie:

I did try but it kept freezing halfway thru! I will give it another bash :wink:

Future17
30-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Many of the contributors to this thread:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?205072-There-s-Only-One-Sauzee&highlight=sauzee

may be very interested in the book's final chapter. :greengrin

le bill
30-09-2011, 02:53 PM
Does anybody have a link to the clip of Sauzee's cool flick over his head with 2 livi forwards bearing down on him during the scottish cup semi?

Never actually see it - heard so much about it on here in other threads.

Www1875hfc
01-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Received my copy this morning,looking forward to reading it as well.

Ive had a few favourite players in my time watching hibs,but Frank has a special place in the hearts of many Hibernian fans.
The picture on the back of the book,is the one when he scored the goal against Hearts, and lost his teeth in the process,running back and clenching his fist.
:not worth :sauzee:

poolman
01-10-2011, 08:24 AM
I can also recommend this book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carspotting-Real-Adventures-Irvine-Welsh/dp/1845023684/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1317457273&sr=1-1

I know Sandy and had a couple of pints with him last night in the Diggers and the book is going well with Italy just buying the rights to it :thumbsup:

Bayern Bru
01-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Darren Jackson has been confirmed for the book launch. :agree:

Future17
01-10-2011, 09:16 PM

That's a strange one. Never even played with Franck. The more the merrier though! :thumbsup:

Gala Foxes
01-10-2011, 10:05 PM

A couple of years ?- the ball juggle by Franck in the 0-0 draw with Celtic at ER was worth a decade of watching Hibs, or did you miss that one?

Bayern Bru
02-10-2011, 04:51 AM
That's a strange one. Never even played with Franck. The more the merrier though! :thumbsup:

Would've played against him though.

smurf
02-10-2011, 04:47 PM

Aye but sat on the Yam bench admiring Franck etc destroy the Yams 6-2.

SanFranHibs
02-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Aye but sat on the Yam bench admiring Franck etc destroy the Yams 6-2.

I am hoping my memory serves me correctly !

I would come back to Easter Road for the day just to applaud the man and sing, Un Sauzee......

:sauzee: la vieille alliance :saltireflag

R'Albin
02-10-2011, 06:03 PM
It always annoys me how I never got to see him as a player, I hear so much about him but have never seen him play :(

SanFranHibs
02-10-2011, 06:24 PM
It always annoys me how I never got to see him as a player, I hear so much about him but have never seen him play :(

Over rated !

No skill, no passion, no respect for the club, no class, well certainly NOT Hibs class !!

:wink:

Jonnyboy
02-10-2011, 09:24 PM

Get the book - it covers the lot :greengrin

half.time.draw.
02-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Heard a mr o,connor was heavily involved in his sacking as manager.

Jonnyboy
02-10-2011, 10:04 PM

Des? :greengrin

Seriously, that's a new one on me. Garry was a kid that was just breaking through when Franck departed

renato
03-10-2011, 09:01 PM

The guy was sheer class. The ball juggle against Celtc, the screamer at the millenium derby and then running the length of the pitch to celebrate with us in the Roseburn, the missing teeth in the next derby - what a player.

You've probably seen this before but if not:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0vsKXaAmVM&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL5888844FB91F62B3

Does anyone remember Latapy planting a corner on the edge of the D only for Franck to meet it on the volley and subsequently rap it against the woodwork? Sure he did the exact same thing and scored from it a few weeks later....

By the way, the book's now sold out on Amazon!

SteveHFC
03-10-2011, 09:04 PM
http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/ted+brack/there27s+only+one+sauzee/8570729/

you can buy it from here.

smurf
03-10-2011, 09:07 PM

Wouldn't have thought so...

There were however bad eggs in that changing room. Heard the name Paco Luna being mentioned several times....

And think Matty Jack didn't approve of his appointment...