Monts
28-09-2011, 09:46 PM
My man of the match tonight :agree:

marleyhib
28-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Aye mine too :agree:

.Sean.
28-09-2011, 10:02 PM
I've been his harshest critic but he impressed me tonight.

hibee1994
28-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Looked brillant tonight and still looks like there could be a little bit more in there as well. He kept on running and chasing down those defenders. Saw a completely new player tonight than the one I saw before.

alfieboi75
28-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Worked his socks off....hope he does the same on Saturday.

Nando™
28-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Could be a key player against Rangers, needs to be the hold-up boy much like Tracky Boatums was the last time we humped them through there.

Hibby Gav
28-09-2011, 10:06 PM
thought he really put in a shift....that one late in the game where he chased down the keeper really picked everyone up..
keep it up Jnr !
:flag:

hibsbollah
28-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Like a totally different player tonight. Movement, workrate, intelligence, speed! I hated him his first few games, loved him tonight. Ivan my MOM but only just.

Seveno
28-09-2011, 10:09 PM
My MoM. Worked really hard, won the ball, held the ball, good movement, good passing - everything but a goal. You could see the mutual respect between him and GOC when he went off.

CC did tell us he would be a good player once he got match fit.

malcky
28-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Like a totally different player tonight. Movement, workrate, intelligence, speed! I hated him his first few games, loved him tonight. Ivan my MOM but only just.

thought gary O was great tonight again

Alfred E Newman
28-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Most of his performances to date have been grim but he worked hard and looked a better player tonight.

tamig
28-09-2011, 10:11 PM

Even for costing us the first goal? With a bit more composure Ivan could have scored another one or two as well. But a cool head was never his strong point. I thought Agogo was the top man by far tonight and him and GOC are building up a really good understanding.

The_Horde
28-09-2011, 10:16 PM
Junior was superb tonight and his work rate was second to none. Some of the one touch play at times between him and Gaz was brilliant to watch.

Strike force sorted, now lets get the defence looking as good and we've cracked it.

Sir David Gray
28-09-2011, 10:17 PM
I wasn't there tonight so can't comment, however I've spoken to someone who was there and they also thought Agogo played really well tonight.

Hopefully his goal on Saturday has given him a wee boost.

Hibby70
28-09-2011, 10:20 PM
He's still not a patch on his dad!

tamig
28-09-2011, 10:22 PM
I wasn't there tonight so can't comment, however I've spoken to someone who was there and they also thought Agogo played really well tonight.

Hopefully his goal on Saturday has given him a wee boost.

I think it's match sharpness too. He's been looking a lot sharper the past two games and he was different class tonight. Strong, skillful and very quick.

Hfc_Since1875
28-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Thought he was great tonight! great link up between him and o'connor!

Well taken goal and god assist on saturday aswell!

More of the same and weve got a player on our hands!

Keep it up Junior!!:thumbsup:

Hibby D
28-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Yup Junior gets my MotM - :top marks

;2932554']Junior was superb tonight and his work rate was second to none. Some of the one touch play at times between him and Gaz was brilliant to watch.

Strike force sorted, now lets get the defence looking as good and we've cracked it.

:agree:

BigBamba
28-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Thought junior looked the part tonight, but felt towells composure in midfield was excellent!

Shrekko
28-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Not surprising in the current climate to read Hibs fans talking about 'hating him' and being 'his harshest critic' after what - 3 or 4 starts?

How long do players get to settle into a new club/country these days?

I've also noticed a real urgency from fans around me to get on at other players like Osbourne who's just in the door and also improving every game- just like Agogo.

We've been crying out for a guy who can hold the ball up and instantly link up with players around him and hopefully we've found our man.

Albion Hibs
28-09-2011, 10:42 PM
Not surprising in the current climate to read Hibs fans talking about 'hating him' and being 'his harshest critic' after what - 3 or 4 starts?

How long do players get to settle into a new club/country these days?

I've also noticed a real urgency from fans around me to get on at other players like Osbourne who's just in the door and also improving every game- just like Agogo.

We've been crying out for a guy who can hold the ball up and instantly link up with players around him and hopefully we've found our man.

I think he got about 45mins - the second half of the killie game before getting hammered! I did think he would come good for us, and I still think he can improve and have an even bigger impact. I hope he can get plenty of joy out of the huns CH's at times it looks like he is made out of stone the St J CH struggled all night against him. Again he showed good passing ability and awareness to get the ball out and start things moving.

MOM? Yeah maybe, feel harsh not giving it to O'Connor but he did very well so I think I would have to give it to Agogo.

matty_f
28-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Agogo was terrific tonight. Power, a bit of pace at times, clever hold up play, determination, hard work... all evident in his performance.

Hope there's more still to come from him, but he certainly would have won over a few folk after that performance tonight, and rightly so.:thumbsup:

hibsfan7
28-09-2011, 11:57 PM
yes i thought he wa ssuperb tonight

:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees

rossi
29-09-2011, 12:11 AM
Thought there was a lot of good performances tonight; O'Hanlon and Murray coped well with a good pair of strikers and Ogogo, Oconner and Sproule were great. Best performance for me though was Towell in midfield. Funny how Pallson looked so much better at RB than he did last time he played there. About the first good tactical switch I've noticed from CC; wonder if it was Brown's influence.

rossi
29-09-2011, 12:25 AM
PS hadn't noticed the 'Positional changes' thread below.

PPS what was up wi Grithis tonight? Didn't seem interested or get involved first half then; 5 minutes into the second, after being moved inside, had a real go at Agogo which seemed to result in him being subbed. Walked straight down the tunnel- don't know if he came back.

EasterRoad4Ever
29-09-2011, 06:19 AM
Best game in a Hibs strip so far. Work rate was a LOT better, looked interested and good link up play with GOC. Maybe he is a footballer after all :thumbsup:

HibeeSince85
29-09-2011, 06:53 AM
Played well, if the ball he played in the 2nd half fell to someone other than Stevenson it would have been 4 and a great assist, great pass.

Stevie Reid
29-09-2011, 09:05 AM
Really glad that him being caught in possession (when Sandaza shot narrowly past) didn't lead to him costing us another goal as that may well have been the end of his Hibs career in the eyes of too many Hibbies for him to carry on - his performance last night was excellent, his link up play was very good and his experience and ability when applied correctly will do the damage in this league, especially when playing alongside GOC.

The best thing is that it seems like there is more to come from him too.

hibsbollah
29-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Really glad that him being caught in possession (when Sandaza shot narrowly past) didn't lead to him costing us another goal as that may well have been the end of his Hibs career in the eyes of too many Hibbies for him to carry on - his performance last night was excellent, his link up play was very good and his experience and ability when applied correctly will do the damage in this league, especially when playing alongside GOC.

The best thing is that it seems like there is more to come from him too.

Its strange that when Agogo is farther up the pitch, he seems to think quickly and release the ball at the right time, but when hes deeper in midfield or just in front of the defence hes just the opposite; dawdles and gets caught in possession.

Needs to be in attacking areas i think.

hibs0666
29-09-2011, 09:18 AM
I think he got about 45mins - the second half of the killie game before getting hammered! I did think he would come good for us, and I still think he can improve and have an even bigger impact. I hope he can get plenty of joy out of the huns CH's at times it looks like he is made out of stone the St J CH struggled all night against him. Again he showed good passing ability and awareness to get the ball out and start things moving.

MOM? Yeah maybe, feel harsh not giving it to O'Connor but he did very well so I think I would have to give it to Agogo.

In fairness, Hibs supporters are consistent if nothing else, and I remember Zitelli getting the same treatment after a game or two.

khib70
29-09-2011, 09:24 AM

PPS what was up wi Grithis tonight? Didn't seem interested or get involved first half then; 5 minutes into the second, after being moved inside, had a real go at Agogo which seemed to result in him being subbed. Walked straight down the tunnel- don't know if he came back.
:agree:
Griffiths was rank for the second game running. One half decent cross is the limit of his contribution so far. He does, however, seem to be inheriting the D Riordan "can do no wrong" shirt in some peoples' eyes. The way he got off scot free on this board when Agogo and Osborne were panned on Saturday was a total disgrace, even if it is par for the course on here these days.

supersauzee
29-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Yup Agogo and GOC not far behind in my MOM award. thought they were excellent tonight! They are building a great partnership and hopefully they will score plenty between them for the whole season. Even when they were chasing down they were talking to each other to help each other out, thats the way it should be, well done lads! I thought O'Hanlon and Ozzy played well too, sproule was ok but he really needs to learn how to defend!

BEEJ
29-09-2011, 10:39 AM

Griffiths was subbed minutes after that 2 on 2 breakaway we had where he failed to beat his man.

I thought it could be down to him still nursing that injury he picked up on Saturday. Didn't spot his 'altercation' with Agogo.

As for Agogo himself, he had a terrific match. Great to see. A real asset to the squad. He would get last night's MoM award from me for that performance.