PDA

View Full Version : Well done CC and Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2011, 09:35 PM
I have to own up, i had completely forgotten the game was on tonight. And when i turned on my phone to look at dot net i was surprised and delighted to realise we'd won. :top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:flag::flag:

ronaldo7
28-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Part timer:na na:

Defended from the front tonight, and he made some good tactical changes. Things are looking up:greengrin

smurf
28-09-2011, 09:41 PM
A very good win. A deserved 3 points. Well done to CC, the coaching staff and the players.:thumbsup:

steakbake
28-09-2011, 09:43 PM
I was there tonight - I wasn't going to go but I clicked on to my internet banking and realised I'm still paying for my season ticket and despite an attempt to cancel it, apparently, because its a credit agreement I will have to continue to do so until it is paid off.

SO - very glad of the 3 points and the win. However, we were monumentally sh**e for large sections of the game. Saints could have scored from any attack - and they did. Our defence made me very nervous. Pallson is a player on a bit of a downward spiral just now. Osbourne's favourite move is to kick the ball straight up in the air and miss the trap when it lands. Plus points have to go to O Conner of course, Sproule and Agogo was very good tonight. Midfield is still fairly anonymous for most of the game. I thought Stevenson looked better when he came on - good to see.

I don't hold out much if any hope of our "unbeaten" streak continuing into the Rangers game, but if it gives the players some confidence and allows us to kick on and start gathering points from those around us, it's a good sign.

Brown looked like Zebedee on the touchline - passion and bags of it. He even seemed to be getting Calderwood animated. I have a feeling he is going to be instrumental in putting things right.

All in all, a welcome win but I'm still a doubter and those who think we saw anything like a good performance tonight must have some kind of football blindness. It was not pretty.

DaveF
28-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Its a welcome 3 points, its certainly never dull, but we are still a million miles from even being half decent :-)

Dashing Bob S
28-09-2011, 09:44 PM
I have to own up, i had completely forgotten the game was on tonight. And when i turned on my phone to look at dot net i was surprised and delighted to realise we'd won. :top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:flag::flag:

A damn fine game it was too, BH. You could tell the team were aware that the game had completely passed you by, as they played with a freedom and lack of inhibition we haven't seen at the stadium for many months. Stack even had time to check hibs.net on his iphone with Towell holding the ball up in central midfield, and shout to the team that you hadn't posted anything derisory.

Colin Calderwood could get on with instructing and encouraging the team, instead of counter posting you as his Albion Hibs secret ID.

All in all, a damn fine night free from any extra curricular hassle. I was personally hoping you were one of the ten lifted in the dawn raids.

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2011, 09:48 PM
A damn fine game it was too, BH. You could tell the team were aware that the game had completely passed you by, as they played with a freedom and lack of inhibition we haven't seen at the stadium for many months. Stack even had time to check hibs.net on his iphone with Towell holding the ball up in central midfield, and shout to the team that you hadn't posted anything derisory.

Colin Calderwood could get on with instructing and encouraging the team, instead of counter posting you as his Albion Hibs secret ID.

All in all, a damn fine night free from any extra curricular hassle. I was personally hoping you were one of the ten lifted in the dawn raids.

:top marks:top marks:faf::faf:

YehButNoBut
28-09-2011, 09:51 PM

I have always suspected that Albion was really CC. :faf: :top marks

Jonnyboy
28-09-2011, 09:53 PM
I was there tonight - I wasn't going to go but I clicked on to my internet banking and realised I'm still paying for my season ticket and despite an attempt to cancel it, apparently, because its a credit agreement I will have to continue to do so until it is paid off.

SO - very glad of the 3 points and the win. However, we were monumentally sh**e for large sections of the game. Saints could have scored from any attack - and they did. Our defence made me very nervous. Pallson is a player on a bit of a downward spiral just now. Osbourne's favourite move is to kick the ball straight up in the air and miss the trap when it lands. Plus points have to go to O Conner of course, Sproule and Agogo was very good tonight. Midfield is still fairly anonymous for most of the game. I thought Stevenson looked better when he came on - good to see.

I don't hold out much if any hope of our "unbeaten" streak continuing into the Rangers game, but if it gives the players some confidence and allows us to kick on and start gathering points from those around us, it's a good sign.

Brown looked like Zebedee on the touchline - passion and bags of it. He even seemed to be getting Calderwood animated. I have a feeling he is going to be instrumental in putting things right.

All in all, a welcome win but I'm still a doubter and those who think we saw anything like a good performance tonight must have some kind of football blindness. It was not pretty.

My money is on BB seeing the need to swap Towell and Palsson :agree:

Bayern Bru
28-09-2011, 09:59 PM

The defence, whilst still ropy, looked better with Murray and O'Hanlon at centre back IMO. You're right though, still iffy in a lot of places.

Northernhibee
28-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Good result - well done Hibees and well done Billy Brown on leading us to a well deserved home victory.

GGTTH!

Alfred E Newman
28-09-2011, 10:06 PM

Palsson looked ok at full back but the defence is still weak. All in all a better performance even if the quality of play was poor at times.

Jonnyboy
28-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Palsson looked ok at full back but the defence is still weak. All in all a better performance even if the quality of play was poor at times.

:agree:

alfieboi75
28-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Victor did not have good anticipation in midfield and when he moved to RB he slowly gained confidence as the game went on. He felt at eased with O Hanlon assisting him.

I do blame Stacks for the second goal as he could have come out for the ball also communicated with Murray.

Hibby Gav
28-09-2011, 10:16 PM
I know it wasn't easy, but I enjoyed it and it was just great to see a bit of fight.....little bit of guts...especially in the secind half...some great psitional changes (surely by BB) reacting to failings and shoring it all up....thought Osbourne had a weird game..started of poor...then picked up...but he looked knackerd midway through the second half....I thought after he got booked that maybe he'd get a tug and put Jimmy on in the middle ( I think he is best there)...I even enjoyed the fact that we kept it at the corner flag at the end.....we have shot ourself in the past by slinging a ball into the box , losing possession and getting hit on the counter....... all in all...great to get the points...get the monkey of the back..and hopefully get a few more fans back too.
I know Ibrox is a different matter and we have to keep a clean sheet to hope of getting anything...but more signs of improvement

C'moan the Cabbage ! :flag::flag::flag::flag:

smurf
28-09-2011, 10:20 PM

And indeed starting with Hanlon and Murray swapping positions.

Jonnyboy
28-09-2011, 10:27 PM
And indeed starting with Hanlon and Murray swapping positions.

Described by CC in his post match interview along the following lines

"Paul whipped a cross in at training that was like Roberto Carlos"

And

"It was a change for the sake of making a change"

The first statement made me smile because it was clearly made in jest but the second statement I'm not sure about at all :greengrin

Albion Hibs
28-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Just back from the game....in a non-working capacity!!

Delighted with the result, we rode our luck at times, but so did they. I thought we worked very hard from front to back and deserved our three points. As for some of the crap above about still being a mile away from being a half decent side, we just put three (and it could have been more) past a team that has not conceeded on the road this season, beaten celtic away from home and battered the trampy lot 2 nil at the weekend. Anyone who thinks a team that is not up to much can do that needs to have a look at themselves.

Well done CC (nothing quite like patting your own back) and my boys....sorry I mean the team a great result, good performance and yet another entertaining game.

Hibby D
28-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Described by CC in his post match interview along the following lines

"Paul whipped a cross in at training that was like Roberto Carlos"

And

"It was a change for the sake of making a change"

The first statement made me smile because it was clearly made in jest but the second statement I'm not sure about at all :greengrin

His second statement, if accurate, is one of the most bizarre things we're ever likely to hear a manager say :dizzy:

Jonnyboy
28-09-2011, 10:41 PM
His second statement, if accurate, is one of the most bizarre things we're ever likely to hear a manager say :dizzy:

Agreed D. On a par with his words after hooking GOC and Griffiths at Dunfermline when he said "they'd had their turn"

Wacky :greengrin

PS In case anyone thinks I'm picking on CC can I just point out that he made these statements, not me :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
28-09-2011, 10:43 PM

giggle giggle :tee hee:

joe breezy
28-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Just saw the goals on Sky, headlined by GOC's court case (we rely on him and one way or another he's unlikely to be playing at Hibs all season).

The penalty looked like a shocking dive - GOC should have been booked, add all this to other posts and it's nice we got a result but there's one man scoring the bulk of goals, not great is it?

Better than being relegated though...

Albion Hibs
28-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Just saw the goals on Sky, headlined by GOC's court case (we rely on him and one way or another he's unlikely to be playing at Hibs all season).

The penalty looked like a shocking dive - GOC should have been booked, add all this to other posts and it's nice we got a result but there's one man scoring the bulk of goals, not great is it?

Better than being relegated though...

This sort of comment keeps popping up, I have to say I dont understand it....all the "without him we would be minging" etc etc and the above - so what, it is irrelevant. We do have him, he plays for us so what would happen if he was not a Hibs player is a stupid thing to say IMO. Do you think Man U fans are thinking it is terrible Rooney has scored so many, the big guy up front for city is miles ahead on the goal front - each team has a top goal scorer.

joe breezy
28-09-2011, 11:10 PM
This sort of comment keeps popping up, I have to say I dont understand it....all the "without him we would be minging" etc etc and the above - so what, it is irrelevant. We do have him, he plays for us so what would happen if he was not a Hibs player is a stupid thing to say IMO. Do you think Man U fans are thinking it is terrible Rooney has scored so many, the big guy up front for city is miles ahead on the goal front - each team has a top goal scorer.

From what I hear Garry O'Connor is as good as a lone player, and he could even get a custodial sentence for what he's up for, so I think it's a very different situation from Rooney.

Anyway, it is good he's at Hibs and banging them in, hopefully we can climb the league and keep improving

hibs0666
28-09-2011, 11:13 PM

It's the Hibs way unfortunately that every silver lining has a ****in great thunderstorm.

smurf
28-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Agreed D. On a par with his words after hooking GOC and Griffiths at Dunfermline when he said "they'd had their turn"

Wacky :greengrin

PS In case anyone thinks I'm picking on CC can I just point out that he made these statements, not me :greengrin

Ach it not relevant... BB is managing the team now.:greengrin

Kato
28-09-2011, 11:41 PM

I thought he meant that in the context of shipping three goals on Saturday. He's tried so many permutations he has to switch things round to find a blend.

FWIW whether it's BB or CC making the tactical changes Murray beside O'Hanlon seems a natural thing to try. Murray struggles with pace and stamina at times in games but he's' a good reader of the game from that position. Backie from now I hope.

barcahibs
28-09-2011, 11:56 PM
Credit where its due I thought that was a well deserved victory tonight. Disagree with posts saying that the football was dire, I thoroughly enjoyed it. There was some nice football in bits - particularly the quick one twos being played into the box on a couple of occasions - one or two really nice through balls from the midfield and some really encouraging performances from players who maybe haven't been showing what they're capable of up til now. As others have said elsewhere Agogo was a revelation tonight and easily man of the match for me, if he keeps getting fitter then we may have a real player on our hands there.

Was impressed with the fight and passion shown by most and particularly impressed by the composure shown at the end when Saints were looking for the equaliser - how long is it since a Hibs side had the confidence, composure and football intelligence to play the ball forward and hold it in the oppositions corner til the final whistle? Past Hibs teams would have been panicking at that point IMO and would likely have conceded another goal. After a shaky couple of minutes we defended from the front, streaming forward to put pressure on St Johnstone when they had a throw in deep in their own half for example.

No denying that the defence still has problems and of course there were some downsides but for me the good far, far outweighed the bad tonight and, again, I found it a really entertaining nights football. I'll happily watch more of that. Decent atmosphere as well.

R'Albin
29-09-2011, 06:10 AM

:faf:

Speedway
29-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Hopefully we'll now get the results to address our current average gate this season of 8,833.

We won't be strengthening in January with crowds like that.

smurf
29-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Hopefully we'll now get the results to address our current average gate this season of 8,833.

We won't be strengthening in January with crowds like that.

Our average is higher than that.

hibs0666
29-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Our average is higher than that.

The point remains valid though - no more bums on seats, no new signings

smurf
29-09-2011, 09:25 AM
The point remains valid though - no more bums on seats, no new signings

Well the boards appointed manager and assistant along with their signed players will need to continue with results such as last night with much more consistency!

DCI Gene Hunt
29-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Well done Hibs. At last a win, now we need to build some momentum and keep it going.

Didn't see any highlights as I'm stuck in Kent at the moment but whatever the case a brilliant result for Hibs. Yes I am one of the ones who recently has been calling for CC to go. I hope that I will be forced to eat my words - perhaps the influence of BB is starting to show.

GGTTH! :flag:

Gene

IWasThere2016
29-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Well done CC, BB and the lads!

Thanks for the 3pts for ma birfday! Best pressie! :thumbsup: