PDA

View Full Version : Positional changes during game tonight.

tamig
28-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Good to see some switches made during the game tonight after St J scored their first. VP to right back and Towell moved inside to keep a watch on Sandaza. Think these changes made a big difference.

Also good to see Agogo working his socks off (mom in my opinion) - his only lapse being to lose the ball at one point which nearly ended up with another St J goal. Thought he linked up really well with GOC tonight. Some good signs but we really do still need to tighten it up at the back. Ivan playing in front of the full back is not really working defensively.

Bayern Bru
28-09-2011, 09:39 PM
:agree:

Also Hanlon to left back and Murray at CB. Whilst the defence was still a bit ropy, it looked better with Hanlon at left back. Still reckon Boothy in LM would be worth a shot to give Hanlon support, as I reckon part of the reason Sproule was replaced by Stevenson was so Lewis could support Hanlon more.

DaveF
28-09-2011, 09:58 PM
The biggest positional problem was leaving Griffiths out wide right where he was completely inneffective (as he was against United on sat too)

Jonnyboy
28-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Good to see some switches made during the game tonight after St J scored their first. VP to right back and Towell moved inside to keep a watch on Sandaza. Think these changes made a big difference.

Also good to see Agogo working his socks off (mom in my opinion) - his only lapse being to lose the ball at one point which nearly ended up with another St J goal. Thought he linked up really well with GOC tonight. Some good signs but we really do still need to tighten it up at the back. Ivan playing in front of the full back is not really working defensively.

BB or CC do you think?

tamig
28-09-2011, 10:08 PM
BB or CC do you think?

Not sure if you're mischief making:wink: but no doubt a lot on here would give full credit to BB. I'd prefer to say it shows our new management team working well together to make decisions during the course of the game that resulted in a positive outcome :agree:

Jonnyboy
28-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Not sure if you're mischief making:wink: but no doubt a lot on here would give full credit to BB. I'd prefer to say it shows our new management team working well together to make decisions during the course of the game that resulted in a positive outcome :agree:

Moi???? :greengrin

I ask because pre BB there have been numerous occasions when a quick change of tactics/formation would have had a positive effect but CC couldn't seem to see what was as plain as the nose on his face. Ergo was it CC or BB? :greengrin

fat freddy
28-09-2011, 10:47 PM
i felt that the change was made to counter the st johnstone long ball to liam craig on the left wing...he was winning every ball in that area against towell but when hibs switched paalson with towell the icelanders height stopped this st johnstone tactic from being effective...as for whose idea it was?...given c.c.'s inability to make changes during a game in the past it's a fair assumption that the switch was prompted by the more tactically astute former hearts coach with a lifelong attachment to hibs.

coco22
29-09-2011, 06:44 AM
changing palsson to RB was the right thing to do in this game, plus towell has always looked better in the midfield. must remember though that palsson has been murder there too and against the aerial power of craig he was effective. dont think it should be a permanent swap.

intersting to hear CC comment that murray and hanlon was a 'swap for swaps sake' more so after hanlon did a roberto carlos at training!