PDA

View Full Version : Yogi on Sportsound

AlbertK86
28-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Anybody hear Yogi tonight. Still very passionate about Hibs but bitter about his treatment. Also singing Johnny Collins praises and that he would like to be JC's assistant in future.

Big point he made is that both him and JC have not gone back into management as they are still sickened by the treatment they received by the board.

Did sound like it was mutual agreement when he left as he said Chairman told him he wasn't the man anymore

When asked if he felt he was backed he gave a very quick and definate NO. Also asked about cash but said he couldn't say as it was confidential. (Obviously RP built that into pay off deal).

Also said JC resigned as he wasn't getting backed.

Yep people will say sour grapes but he basically confirmed what I and many other supporters have thought for a long time.... Its Rod's ball and he'll decide who plays with him

Kato
28-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Big point he made is that both him and JC have not gone back into management as they are still sickened by the treatment they received by the board.

Actors call it "resting".

Frazerbob
28-09-2011, 07:31 PM
He said on several occasions that he felt done over by the board as the team were going in the right direction. Sorry Yogi, that is complete bollocks. We were going one way and that was towards the 1st division.

He can talk some utter garbage and is living in fantasy land, not helped by some "Hibs fans" texting the show to sing his praises and say they want him back.

What I will say, as a huge fan of JC, the "dream team" of Collins and Hughes might actually work.....not at ER while Rod's here though.

AlbertK86
28-09-2011, 07:38 PM
He said on several occasions that he felt done over by the board as the team were going in the right direction. Sorry Yogi, that is complete bollocks. We were going one way and that was towards the 1st division.

He can talk some utter garbage and is living in fantasy land, not helped by some "Hibs fans" texting the show to sing his praises and say they want him back.

What I will say, as a huge fan of JC, the "dream team" of Collins and Hughes might actually work.....not at ER while Rod's here though.

Agree 100% with this. Hughes biggest problem was his lack of tactical know how. Think JC for thinking and tactics and Yogi for motivation might be a good partnership indeed.

Ach if I win the Euromillions and oust ma best pal ROD I'll install them and give it a try !!

PS Yogi just been asked where Hibs should finish in terms of budget. Claimed he didn't know as that was the chairman that dealt with the money and he didn't get to know.

PeterboroHibee
28-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Anybody hear Yogi tonight. Still very passionate about Hibs but bitter about his treatment. Also singing Johnny Collins praises and that he would like to be JC's assistant in future.

Did sound like it was mutual agreement when he left as he said Chairman told him he wasn't the man anymore

When asked if he felt he was backed he gave a very quick and definate NO. Also asked about cash but said he couldn't say as it was confidential. (Obviously RP built that into pay off deal).

Yep people will say sour grapes but he basically confirmed what I and many other supporters have thought for a long time.... Its Rod's ball and he'll decide who plays with him

JC had a job after Hibs so thats clearly not true. Dont really believe what Yogis saying anyway, he seemed to be able to bring in the players he wanted, just a shame they were pretty rubbish (eg Cregg, and in January when he had a chance to strengthen and bought a 4th goalkeeper...). Maybe he didnt get much money to actually buy players but how many SPL clubs actually spend? Seemed to get backed quite well in terms of wages, imagine the likes of Hart and De Graaf would have been on very decent money.

pacorosssco
28-09-2011, 07:44 PM
"kevin mcbride best passer of ball at er in years" good one yogi

said he never knew what budget was

other than that still shows a love of the club but hooring himself to JC a bit tae much

good luck to him though

J-C
28-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Definitely making big hints that Petrie is the main reason Hibs are in the position they are, too much influence on the running of the club and players and not enough the manager could do about it.

Hibtastic
28-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Wonder if Yogi still thinks that signing o'Connor was a mistake?

"kevin mcbride best passer of ball at er in years" good one yogi

said he never knew what budget was

other than that still shows a love of the club but hooring himself to JC a bit tae much

good luck to him though

Pedantic_Hibee
28-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Wonder if he'll admit that being within 1 yard off a microphone is a mistake. Doubt it.

AlbertK86
28-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Wonder if Yogi still thinks that signing o'Connor was a mistake?

He admitted earlier he had got that wrong saying he thought GOC had a problem with his hip and that was going to hamper him. Says he'll be first one to shake his hand when he scores 20 this season !!

Maybe that white powder was actually medicine for his sore hip !!!

Hibtastic
28-09-2011, 07:55 PM
He admitted earlier he had got that wrong saying he thought GOC had a problem with his hip and that was going to hamper him. Says he'll be first one to shake his hand when he scores 20 this season !!

Maybe that white powder was actually medicine for his sore hip !!!

Fair play to him then.

Nuitdelune
28-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Probably JC doesn't even know Yogi :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
28-09-2011, 08:00 PM

JC gets a phonecall from a blocked number;

JC - "Hello"
Yogi - "Hahah, goat ye, withheld numbered folk 'ken whit's gaun oan.....fancy a game o' long bangers on the coaching pitch?"
JC - "Will you just f*** off" *hangs up*
Yogi - "................well he's in the 5 puuuurrcent"

Kaiser1962
28-09-2011, 08:07 PM

They do spend a lot of time playing golf these days.

Dinkydoo
28-09-2011, 08:11 PM
"McBride and Cregg were running the training ground and the boys who were already here could look at them and see an example of two quality footballers".

Aye right.

Speedway
28-09-2011, 08:49 PM
JC found out when he was allowed to ***** nearly £1m on players on he and his ventriloquist's choosing.

Yogi found out when it turns out that bullying doesn't work at a big club and that you can't lose yer rag when the media is on yer erse 24/7.

Yogi not got any of the at least 4 jobs he's applied for since receiving the order of the golden toecap from Rod.

Discussion over.

Frazerbob
28-09-2011, 08:52 PM
JC found out when he was allowed to ***** nearly £1m on players on he and his ventriloquist's choosing.

Yogi found out when it turns out that bullying doesn't work at a big club and that you can't lose yer rag when the media is on yer erse 24/7.

Yogi not got any of the at least 4 jobs he's applied for since receiving the order of the golden toecap from Rod.Discussion over.

Care to expand?

Peevemor
28-09-2011, 08:53 PM
When he was at ER, Yogi was always singing the board's praises and coming out with the "I've got the best job in the world" line.

He was either lying then or he's lying now.

Either way, it amounts to the same thing. :fibber:

(Pants oan fire folk ken whit's gaun oan).

stokesmessiah
28-09-2011, 08:53 PM

Yogi not got any of the at least 4 jobs he's applied for since receiving the order of the golden toecap from Rod.

Discussion over.

Correct :agree:

The Voice Of Reason
28-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Yogi signed De Graaf and Hart.........there is no defending that.

Case closed.

AlbertK86
28-09-2011, 08:57 PM

Discussion over.

Think you'll find that the players JC got were who he had to settle for as RP wouldnae pay for who he wanted and final straw was when he went back on giving him the money that he was going to get when Murph was sold

Don't get me wrong I wasn't Yogi's greatest fan due to his lack of tactical know how but totally agree with another comment by Yogi..... Hibs don't have the ambition they should have

Speedway sorry mate but discussion not over .... RP and his dictorial ways have seen to that..... the discussion will rage on as long as he remains in charge

stokesmessiah
28-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Did Yogi just say that we should of kept the players we had and coached them back into fourth like he had????

FFS it was the dross we had from him that started this downward spiral.

Liam89
28-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Yogi is letting it all out tonight!

Pedantic_Hibee
28-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Yogi, you couldnae spell "incumbent". Beat it.

You couldn't rectify mistakes, you had plenty of chances to rectify it.

It's gone, it's finished, let it go.

He sounds like a scorned man hitting out at his ex-girlfriend for dumping him, refusing to let go and bad-mouthing her.

bawheid
28-09-2011, 09:00 PM
He's making a right old erse of himself, it has to be said...

Frazerbob
28-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Yogi is letting it all out tonight!

Interesting dig at Bamba. Said he was 3 weeks late for pre-season but the fans were told it was only a week.

Danderhall Hibs
28-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Yogi, you couldnae spell "incumbent". Beat it.

You couldn't rectify mistakes, you had plenty of chances to rectify it.

It's gone, it's finished, let it go.

He sounds like a scorned man hitting out at his ex-girlfriend for dumping him, refusing to let go and bad-mouthing her.

TBF he's only answering questions that Hibs fans have text in.

.Sean.
I spoke to Yogi at Shanghai after Murray's testimonial, can't mind the full conversation but it was along the lines of we don't know half of what went on. I don't get the impression him and Petrie parted on the best of terms.

dp00
I thought he was being very open and honest tbf...

Speedway
28-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Think you'll find that the players JC got were who he had to settle for as RP wouldnae pay for who he wanted and final straw was when he went back on giving him the money that he was going to get when Murph was sold

Don't get me wrong I wasn't Yogi's greatest fan due to his lack of tactical know how but totally agree with another comment by Yogi..... Hibs don't have the ambition they should have

Speedway sorry mate but discussion not over .... RP and his dictorial ways have seen to that..... the discussion will rage on as long as he remains in charge

Kerr
Makashambles
AO'B

All first choice signings.

Noubissie
Gattheussi
Michael Antoine Courier

Because we ran out of cash signing and paying for the first three.

The Voice Of Reason
He's making a right old erse of himself, it has to be said...

That is harsh, don't agree.

One thing I did find incredible though was Yogi trying to defend the signing of De Graaf, saying that he reminded him of Pat McGinley and if he had not missed some sitters he would have been on double figures!!:faf::faf::faf:

Alaistair Campbell would struggle to come up with as much spin as that !

Pedantic_Hibee
TBF he's only answering questions that Hibs fans have text in.

Agreed, but a bit of decorum would be nice. Aye, I'm all for transparency but I'm sure Petrie and a few of the players could easily come out and badmouth him but choose not to.

Speedway
28-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Agreed, but a bit of decorum would be nice. Aye, I'm all for transparency but I'm sure Petrie and a few of the players could easily come out and badmouth him but choose not to.

Except on the fishy site :wink:

madabouthibs
28-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Yogi is pretty much telling us that RP is holding Hibs back, something which most of us know, or at least suspect.
And here we are, still ridiculing Yogi. :rolleyes:
The guys a Hibby, but he has the advantage of being able to critisise the board/RP with facts and knowledge of the situation that he's gained from being on the inside. I find it a bit more refreshing than the usual " I know this guy that knows this guy that knows this guy that knows this guys brother's dog's sister.........." pish thats usually on here. :agree:

AlbertK86
28-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Agreed, but a bit of decorum would be nice. Aye, I'm all for transparency but I'm sure Petrie and a few of the players could easily come out and badmouth him but choose not to. Petrie bad mouthed him before when trying to absolve himself of any blame

AlbertK86
28-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Yogi is pretty much telling us that RP is holding Hibs back, something which most of us know, or at least suspect. And here we are, still ridiculing Yogi. :rolleyes: The guys a Hibby, but he has the advantage of being able to critisise the board/RP with facts and knowledge of the situation that he's gained from being on the inside. I find it a bit more refreshing than the usual " I know this guy that knows this guy that knows this guy that knows this guys brother's dog's sister.........." pish thats usually on here. :agree: Very well said that man.

Frazerbob
It's not a case of backing Hughes or Petrie. They have both contributed and must share responsability for the shocking state our team is currently in.

madabouthibs
Petrie bad mouthed him before when trying to absolve himself of any blame

:agree: Yup, I'd say Petrie pretty much left himself/the Board wide open to retaliation, no matter how petty it is.

Westie1875
28-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Interesting dig at Bamba. Said he was 3 weeks late for pre-season but the fans were told it was only a week.

He should have kept his mouth shut about that IMO, there really wasn't any need to tell the nation. He wasn't doing his chances of getting another job in the future any good with what he was coming out with.

FranckSuzy
28-09-2011, 09:20 PM
The thing is, Yogi, IMHO, is being slightly disingenuous as he knows better than most that Rod/The Board will not come out publicly and fight their corner so he can say whatever he wants (excluding talk of money, of course) :wink:.

Westie1875
28-09-2011, 09:24 PM
The thing is, Yogi, IMHO, is being slightly disingenuous as he knows better than most that Rod/The Board will not come out publicly and fight their corner so he can say whatever he wants (excluding talk of money, of course) :wink:.

I wouldn't be too sure about that one this time.

Simon70
28-09-2011, 09:25 PM
He should have kept his mouth shut about that IMO, there really wasn't any need to tell the nation. He wasn't doing his chances of getting another job in the future any good with what he was coming out with.

He's confirmed what I have thought about him for years, that he's an utter bawbag.

Part/Time Supporter
28-09-2011, 09:29 PM

bBig point he made is that both him and JC have not gone back into management as they are still sickened by the treatment they received by the board.

Aye right.

Collins did take a job, he managed that Belgian team for about six months.

Yogi just can't get one, simples.

BS44
28-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Aye right.

Collins did take a job, he managed that Belgian team for about six months.

Yogi just can't get one, simples.

Painting trade's a bit tight as well so might be a struggle for Yogi.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-09-2011, 09:34 PM

Discussion over.

I've seen this comment numerous times on here. What exactly went on?

McSwanky
28-09-2011, 09:40 PM
He's clearly ****ing himself that he'll never get a job again so going all out to deflect the blame for his poor performance elsewhere.

smurf
28-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Ok Hughes was rightly sacked. Some of his comments defending his tenure are laughable.

However, that aside he's making interesting coded observations being held to the terms of the confidentiality agreement that he says he much regrets signing. Signing that was possibly his biggest mistake he said...

Too easy to just knock everything he says IMO...

ancient hibee
28-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Ok Hughes was rightly sacked. Some of his comments defending his tenure are laughable.

However, that aside he's making interesting coded observations being held to the terms of the confidentiality agreement that he says he much regrets signing. Signing that was possibly his biggest mistake he said...

Too easy for him also-his unchallenged comments on de Graaf were laughable-bet he didn't regret signing the agreement when he colects his cash.

7Hero
28-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Kerr
Makashambles
AO'B

Noubissie
Gattheussi
Michael Antoine Courier

what a line up...

what a sad football club we can be when we want to..

7Hero
28-09-2011, 09:57 PM
both yogi and collins were crap managers, proved by what they have done since they got the boot.

we employ crap managers, good ones won't come near the place.

Nando™
28-09-2011, 09:59 PM
JC gets a phonecall from a blocked number;

JC - "Hello"
Yogi - "Hahah, goat ye, withheld numbered folk 'ken whit's gaun oan.....fancy a game o' long bangers on the coaching pitch?"
JC - "Will you just f*** off" *hangs up*
Yogi - "................well he's in the 5 puuuurrcent"
:hilarious

Twa Cairpets
28-09-2011, 10:07 PM
I've seen this comment numerous times on here. What exactly went on?

I now for example Galbraith had a particularly hard time. He wasnt interested in going out and getting bladdered (on the entirely reasonable basis that he is meant to be a professional footballer), and as a result was something of an outsider to Yogi's clique. He had the pish ripped out of him because of this to an extent well in excess of dressing room banter. Source is direct from a Hibs board member on this one.

From a personal experience, I saw him in one of the pre-season matches in Holland being utterly, utterly insane, and absolutely slating Paul Hanlon for the entire time he was on the park. I stood immediately behind the dugout at what was the equivalent of a junior ground, and he was just screaming "Hanlon" in a mental way for most of the game without ever actually offering anything by way of direction other than "F******* dont do that", "thats F****** S*****" etc. He did it to such an extent that it was clear that every time Hanlon got the ball, all he wanted to do was not have it to avoid another tirade of bonkers abuse hurled his way. I thought at the time that if it was any other type of work environment, it would constitute bullying.

Twa Cairpets
28-09-2011, 10:08 PM
both yogi and collins were crap managers, proved by what they have done since they got the boot.

we employ crap managers, good ones won't come near the place.

Mowbray? McLeish?

Kato
28-09-2011, 10:10 PM

If he was competent in his job when here he wouldn't be making any veiled references about "behind the scenes" as he'd still have his job, still be talking unwinese and still be praising the boards backing - as he did many times when at ER.

As it is he couldn't manage a happy meal.

Seveno
28-09-2011, 10:15 PM
That is harsh, don't agree.

One thing I did find incredible though was Yogi trying to defend the signing of De Graaf, saying that he reminded him of Pat McGinley and if he had not missed some sitters he would have been on double figures!!:faf::faf::faf:

Alaistair Campbell would struggle to come up with as much spin as that !

I heard this and thought ' what more do you need to know about the man ? '

Are the BBC so hard up for pundits that they let this balloon on the airwaves ?

Simon70
28-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Anyone else think eh that eh Hughes was eh a little bit eh under the eh influence of eh alcohol tonight? He was even less coherent than usual tonight.

lucky
28-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Only caught 10 minutes after the game but he did talk some pish. Hibs under him were awful. When we finished 4th we stumbled over the line. Who can forget the 6-6 game. His big summer signing was De Graffe a player we paid to leave 12 months later. He lost his way completely at the St Johnstone game were we got beat 2-0 with no subs put on. He may well be a big Hibbie but I find him sad, bitter and not very knowledgeable when talking about football. But the most telling thing is that he has not been near getting back into football.

Barney McGrew
28-09-2011, 10:42 PM
Are the BBC so hard up for pundits that they let this balloon on the airwaves ?

Yogi did an amazing job of making Allan Preston sound like a coherent and well balanced individual tonight :greengrin

barcahibs
28-09-2011, 11:13 PM
Only heard the last few minutes after we got back to the car.

Loved his argument that Hibs had lost out on big prize money by sacking him, as who knows how high up the table his side could have finished. Unfortunately didn't hear how that finished as we felt we had to turn the radio off at that point on safety grounds - its dangerous to drive whilst pishing yourself laughing.

He just came across, yet again, as bitter and a little deluded. I wasn't one of those calling for his head whilst at Hibs, I'm a conservative sort and would like us to give our managers more time but even I could see he had lost it by the end of his tenure and it was time for him to go. Also noted that he seemed to claim that Petrie had bottled it by not facing the fans at the AGM when Yogi was sacked? I was at that very AGM and so was Petrie as I recall.

I will say that I felt the interviewer was trying to lure him into making ever more controversial anti board statements and to his credit he declined to do so in the wee bit I heard.

Its time he moved on, for the good of his own career if nothing else, he's rapidly becoming a joke figure which I take no delight in.

Gerard
29-09-2011, 12:23 AM
Perhaps John Hughes has a point that he was not given the time that CC has had in managing the team but that is history now. Hibs need to give CC a reasonable amount of time to build his team and make his mark on the team. John Hughes did have a good season at the club but that is also history. Very few managers leave a club out of choice and with a winning team. I hope that JH gets another chance to manage a team, if that is his ambition. He is a person who contributed as a player and as a manager.
good luck John Hughes

yekimevol
29-09-2011, 12:44 AM
2 crap managers dont make a great team imho !

Danderhall Hibs
29-09-2011, 07:09 AM
Kerr
Makashambles
AO'B

Noubissie
Gattheussi
Michael Antoine Courier

It was interesting to hear that the manager doesn’t (or didn’t?) have any idea of what the budget was though. If they don't know the budget how will they how much money they have left?

The Falcon
29-09-2011, 07:26 AM
It was interesting to hear that the manager doesn’t (or didn’t?) have any idea of what the budget was though. If they don't know the budget how will they how much money they have left?

Dont believe a word of it.

If he came out with this stuff before he left then fair enough. He even said on a previous sportsound that if he'd known Duffy was going to get hurt, or that the goals would have dried up when Stokes left, that he would not have let him (Stokes) go so easily. Which is it John?

bingo70
29-09-2011, 07:44 AM
Only had the chance to skim over this thread but did he say specifically what RP and the board did wrong?

RIP
29-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Yet another case of all the football experts on Hibs.Net blaming the monkeys instead of the organ-grinder. There isn't a single coach we've had who has ever praised his relationship with the Chairman. Compared to other clubs in the SPL we have reeked of Chairman/Coach disharmony for years. With Petrie increasingly taking a back seat maybe Yogi is envious of the set up and support given this season?

Part/Time Supporter
29-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Only had the chance to skim over this thread but did he say specifically what RP and the board did wrong?

From the bit after the game, the only specific thing was that he should have been given more time.

smurf
29-09-2011, 08:11 AM
I'm not saying Hughes is right re the budget etc but those asking why he didn't say such things, or indeed say things almost the opposite when in his position, are being a little naive I would suggest?

ScottB
29-09-2011, 08:16 AM

Well that reeks of a pungent yellow liquid.

As for not being backed, what about the 20 odd huddies he signed? As well as two players with Premiership experience? No, he clearly wasn't backed when he signed two teams worth of players was he...

The guy wasn't good enough, end of. He needs to accept that and move on, then maybe he'll get a new job, rather than bumping his gums on the radio about us every other week. Though still it makes a nice change to hear him say something other than 'Teh boys have pure done me proud n that, cannae fault em' after us getting pumped yet again...

khib70
29-09-2011, 08:25 AM
Well that reeks of a pungent yellow liquid.

As for not being backed, what about the 20 odd huddies he signed? As well as two players with Premiership experience? No, he clearly wasn't backed when he signed two teams worth of players was he...

The guy wasn't good enough, end of. He needs to accept that and move on, then maybe he'll get a new job, rather than bumping his gums on the radio about us every other week. Though still it makes a nice change to hear him say something other than 'Teh boys have pure done me proud n that, cannae fault em' after us getting pumped yet again...
:agree:What he said

We're well rid of him.

Speedway
29-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Yet another case of all the football experts on Hibs.Net blaming the monkeys instead of the organ-grinder. There isn't a single coach we've had who has ever praised his relationship with the Chairman. Compared to other clubs in the SPL we have reeked of Chairman/Coach disharmony for years. With Petrie increasingly taking a back seat maybe Yogi is envious of the set up and support given this season?

Except Mowbray.

The more we hear from Hughes, the more clear it becomes about how big a bullet we've dodged by giving him the Spanish Archer pronto.

'Mon the CC and Brown Billy.

ScottB
29-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Except Mowbray.

The more we hear from Hughes, the more clear it becomes about how big a bullet we've dodged by giving him the Spanish Archer pronto.

Strange, all the ones that cocked it up hint that it was the Boards fault... I wonder why... :rolleyes:

smurf
29-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Except Mowbray.

Thought it was widely known that there were lots of frustrations in the mowbray/venus partnership in certain things by early 2006...

Speedway
29-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Thought it was widely known that there were lots of frustrations in the mowbray/venus partnership in certain things by early 2006...

Show me a manager with a limited budget who is ever free from frustrations with the board.

Mowbray still praised Rod significantly.

smurf
29-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Show me a manager with a limited budget who is ever free from frustrations with the board.

Mowbray still praised Rod significantly.

So did Hughes in the position.

Speedway
29-09-2011, 09:03 AM
So did Hughes in the position.

I wonder why.

smurf
29-09-2011, 09:23 AM
I wonder why.

Well depending on your POV you could say its because they are in the job and when asked the question would find it very difficult to say anything else as the media would seize upon it... or alternatively they said what the meant and meant what they said.

Personally I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Too convenient for managers who should with their budget do better.

However, we've had too many failed appointments. Something isn't right and there's too many hints and winks implying meddling from above.

Beefster
29-09-2011, 09:34 AM

Hughes has touted himself for several jobs since getting binned by Hibs IIRC. My big point is that Hughes is lying to hide the fact that no-one wants to employ him as a manager.

Edit: Didn't notice that there were three pages on this. Someone has no doubt made the same point already.

machibby
29-09-2011, 09:56 AM
No doubt that Petrie is not squeaky clean in all of this, but what I do remember is that our club was pencilled in for the first division last season under Yogi and the football on offer was dreadful. Whether giving Yogi the Jan transfer window would have solved the problem we can only speculate, but despite the jury still well out on CC I am glad Yogi was moved on.
On a side note, I feel he's doing himself no favours by doing these radio shows, think he needs to just forget it and move on and by doing that maybe everyone else will forget it, although to be fair Petrie was out of order to slate Hughes while backing CC.

DH1875
29-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Yogi signed De Graaf and Hart.........there is no defending that.

Case closed.

You are joking. Everybody on here and I mean everybody cried out for him to sign Hart. There were posts beging him to sign Hart months before we did.

No, he said he signed a confidentially agreement. Said that he Regrets signing it and that if the BBC want to pay the legal fees he will tell all. I now know the first thing I'm doing when I win them Euro millions :thumbsup:.

greenlex
29-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Well depending on your POV you could say its because they are in the job and when asked the question would find it very difficult to say anything else as the media would seize upon it... or alternatively they said what the meant and meant what they said.

However, we've had too many failed appointments. Something isn't right and there's too many hints and winks implying meddling from above.

Meddling? What sort of meddling do you reckon could be going on?

Ryan69
29-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Yogi can make up all the excuses he wants....but I can guarantee he had a budget that would of been inthe upper 6 of the league.....So what is his real excuses for his incompetence?

We all know that Rod runs the show.....Tell us something we dont know BooBoo!

Sour grapes as usual....Thats why nobody has offered him a job,That is the reason. no other!

smurf
29-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Meddling? What sort of meddling do you reckon could be going on?

Is the manager in control of all football matters?

greenlex
29-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Is the manager in control of all football matters?

Scott Lindsay is on the record as confirming this very thing.:confused:

smurf
29-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Scott Lindsay is on the record as confirming this very thing.:confused:

Good. So all discipline of players is under the management of the manager.

nortonhibby
29-09-2011, 07:51 PM

Yogis problem is no one offered RP 300K for him when his party was over, CC Would have been long gone by now but for the offer, RP Should have accepted it to hold our for 500k was madness, CC Is now in for the long haul or unless a 500k bid comes in for him:confused: RP Has staked evertything on CC:na na:

sadtom
29-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Listening to the Tom Kite spouted by lots of the frustrated fantasy fitba managers on here gies me the dry boak and makes me wet myself in equal measure.
I see there are still a number of snobs on here who still look down on Yogi cause of his accent. The same ones who were desperate to see him fail from the off. One thing Hughes has spot on, he has not recieved nearly the same amount of support or slack than the current bufoon has had from the stands or the board room. As for slavering/havering/stumbling/bumbling incoherantly then we need look no further than the incumbant.
His interview last night was laughable (AGAIN!) apparantly the decision to switch Hanlon and Murray about from the start was "a change for change sake." Dozy me i thought managers were supposed to have an idea what they were doing and actually employ a well thought out plan. I'm so out of touch.

Still nice to hear Yogi and Collins both talk about the club with passion.

When push comes to shove i'd rather watch Yogi's idea of how to play fitba than Coco the clown's dreadful, neanderthal nonsense any, and every day of the week, without exception.

greenlex
29-09-2011, 08:02 PM

No football matters are. Discipline will be dealt with as with most employers. There will be a structured procedure for dealing with indiscipline. Why would the football manager manage matters of discipline?

In any case what's that got to do with meddling in football matters?

NotoriousLor
29-09-2011, 08:09 PM
They sure do, my brother-in-law works as a greenkeaper in East Lothian and he was talking to them last week, they both basically said that Petrie is the main problem at Easter Road and that Calderwood is just a yes man, but to be honest they would say that

They do spend a lot of time playing golf these days.

hibs0666
29-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Yogis problem is no one offered RP 300K for him when his party was over, CC Would have been long gone by now but for the offer, RP Should have accepted it to hold our for 500k was madness, CC Is now in for the long haul or unless a 500k bid comes in for him:confused: RP Has staked evertything on CC:na na:

The 300k bid never existed.

nortonhibby
29-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Listening to the Tom Kite spouted by lots of the frustrated fantasy fitba managers on here gies me the dry boak and makes me wet myself in equal measure.
I see there are still a number of snobs on here who still look down on Yogi cause of his accent. The same ones who were desperate to see him fail from the off. One thing Hughes has spot on, he has not recieved nearly the same amount of support or slack than the current bufoon has had from the stands or the board room. As for slavering/havering/stumbling/bumbling incoherantly then we need look no further than the incumbant.
His interview last night was laughable (AGAIN!) apparantly the decision to switch Hanlon and Murray about from the start was "a change for change sake." Dozy me i thought managers were supposed to have an idea what they were doing and actually employ a well thought out plan. I'm so out of touch.

When push comes to shove i'd rather watch Yogi's idea of how to play fitba than Coco the clown's dreadful, neanderthal nonsense any, and every day of the week, without exception.

Co Co the clown has RPs full 100 per cent backing:confused:

nortonhibby
29-09-2011, 08:18 PM
The 300k bid never existed.

yes it did. RP Said 500 and you get him NF Never got back. FACT:greengrin

brog
29-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Kerr
Makashambles
AO'B

Noubissie
Gattheussi
Michael Antoine Courier

JC was let down by Tommy Craig, who as a fully paid up member of the Largs Mafia was of course highly praised by the DR & other weegie rags. Both the invisible man & the fastest player ever to hide from a tackle worked with TC at Newcastle & they were his signings. From memory the deal to sign Maka was in progress before JC became manager. You rightly state that the money spent on those 3 only allowed JC to subsequently delve into the free agent market.
I'm sure JC wasn't perfect but I'll never forget a 5-1 final at Hampden & it was JC, not the supposed financial genius Petrie who ensured we brought in top money, (£10 million ) for the twins & Fletch. If JC chooses to take another dip I'm sure he'll be a success in management as he has been in everything else he's done. Sadly I only see Yogi ( at best ) managing lower division Scottish clubs in future although the idea of him as an "articulate" Archie Knox is intriguing!

smurf
29-09-2011, 08:30 PM
No football matters are. Discipline will be dealt with as with most employers. There will be a structured procedure for dealing with indiscipline. Why would the football manager manage matters of discipline?

In any case what's that got to do with meddling in football matters?

Aye I bet Sir Alex Ferguson today wishes he knew all that when he turned up at Lee Sharpes party all they years ago...

The suggestion that discipline is not a football matter is ridiculous.

greenlex
29-09-2011, 08:30 PM
JC was let down by Tommy Craig, who as a fully paid up member of the Largs Mafia was of course highly praised by the DR & other weegie rags. Both the invisible man & the fastest player ever to hide from a tackle worked with TC at Newcastle & they were his signings. From memory the deal to sign Maka was in progress before JC became manager. You rightly state that the money spent on those 3 only allowed JC to subsequently delve into the free agent market.
I'm sure JC wasn't perfect but I'll never forget a 5-1 final at Hampden & it was JC, not the supposed financial genius Petrie who ensured we brought in top money, (£10 million ) for the twins & Fletch. If JC chooses to take another dip I'm sure he'll be a success in management as he has been in everything else he's done. Sadly I only see Yogi ( at best ) managing lower division Scottish clubs in future although the idea of him as an "articulate" Archie Knox is intriguing!

Mowbray was previous to JC. He left us with Zibby on an extended contract. Are you sure Maka wasn't all JCs work?

truehibernian
29-09-2011, 08:45 PM

I have absolutely no issue about accents or whether a manager is from a low, middle or upper class background. What I will say is that Junior Agogo has scored more league goals than Ed De Graaf, Daryl Duffy and Valdas Trakys combined, Sodje around 6 times as many, we now no longer have a midfield that is like a scene from Lord of The Rings.

The issue is that John Hughes is a master of contradiction. On the one hand, when in post, lauding the board, singling out Rod for praise, and never ever having a criticism. Now though, when creamed over by the Beeb's Sportsound team (because they know he will bite, trust me, no other reason), he reveals problems, issues, matters 'he can't discuss', raises 'confidentiality clauses' that at the time he signed he had absolutely no problem signing.........says last night he is an honest man and wishes he never signed it, yet seconds later admits that big Sol was away for 3 weeks, not the one week he told the media. Says that Ed De Graaf could have scored double figures, when in truth, with both Hibs and Excelsior he scored a total of 3 goals (one I believe a penalty), and was one of the most awful midfielders I have ever seen grace Easter Road. Wasn't asked why he didn't think about bringing Boothy into the side sooner and why he thought he wasn't ready yet. Didn't explain to the reporters why his 'best signing' Anthony Stokes was a boy who caused all manner of problems off the field. Didn't mention the dressing room fights and square up's at Parkhead and Rugby Park. Didn't get asked why he called fans using forums 'faceless', and wasn't asked why one of his players was sent for therapy/treatment down south in his first season. Get's to 'Europe' yet leaves 30 odd goals on the bench when away goals are like gold. The list my friend is endless. Nothing to do with his incoherence. I just think he was one of the worst managers we have had at the club in many many years. In fact, worst manager for a whole host of reasons since Jim Duffy.

The Sportsound guys were awfully one sided, but jumped on Hughes' complete naivity and in my eyes ignorance...........he simply cannot stop himself from talking and taking the bait. That is why there were so many 'pro Hughes' texts read out, no other reason. Jeez, I remember polls on here that said around 80/90% wanted him out.

I would happily never listen to his tones again (Hughes), whether in real life or on the radio, passionate Hibee or not. And I would just as happily never ever see his football again. Where did his Falkirk teams always finish again ? Where is he working at present ? Not working because he is 'scunnered' about it all...............how about he just hasn't got the jobs he has thrown his wee hat in for. Last I heard he was saying 'I like places like Motherwell, they're honest people' when their job was vacant..............or 'Aberdeen is a big big club' when they were recruiting a manager. Pinch of salt that 'scunnered' comment, definitely. Maybe folk have just looked at his overall record and thought, you know what, it's not really that impressive a CV compared to others.

I'll quite happily watch our current strikers O'Connor, Agogo and Sodje score goals like they are meant to, and have a midfield that can challenge for a ball and link up decently, than watch Valdas Trakys, Duffy and Edwin De Graaf score none and pretend to be professional footballers. Without exception. I'm still wetting myself with his comments about Ed scoring double figures 'if he had taken his chances'...........pure comedy !

Kaiser1962
29-09-2011, 08:47 PM
yes it did. RP Said 500 and you get him NF Never got back. FACT:greengrin

No fee or amount was ever discussed.

Andy74
29-09-2011, 08:54 PM
I have absolutely no issue about accents or whether a manager is from a low, middle or upper class background. What I will say is that Junior Agogo has scored more league goals than Ed De Graaf, Daryl Duffy and Valdas Trakys combined, Sodje around 6 times as many, we now no longer have a midfield that is like a scene from Lord of The Rings.

The issue is that John Hughes is a master of contradiction. On the one hand, when in post, lauding the board, singling out Rod for praise, and never ever having a criticism. Now though, when creamed over by the Beeb's Sportsound team (because they know he will bite, trust me, no other reason), he reveals problems, issues, matters 'he can't discuss', raises 'confidentiality clauses' that at the time he signed he had absolutely no problem signing.........says last night he is an honest man and wishes he never signed it, yet seconds later admits that big Sol was away for 3 weeks, not the one week he told the media. Says that Ed De Graaf could have scored double figures, when in truth, with both Hibs and Excelsior he scored a total of 3 goals (one I believe a penalty), and was one of the most awful midfielders I have ever seen grace Easter Road. Wasn't asked why he didn't think about bringing Boothy into the side sooner and why he thought he wasn't ready yet. Didn't explain to the reporters why his 'best signing' Anthony Stokes was a boy who caused all manner of problems off the field. Didn't mention the dressing room fights and square up's at Parkhead and Rugby Park. Didn't get asked why he called fans using forums 'faceless', and wasn't asked why one of his players was sent for therapy/treatment down south in his first season. Get's to 'Europe' yet leaves 30 odd goals on the bench when away goals are like gold. The list my friend is endless. Nothing to do with his incoherence. I just think he was one of the worst managers we have had at the club in many many years. In fact, worst manager for a whole host of reasons since Jim Duffy.

The Sportsound guys were awfully one sided, but jumped on Hughes' complete naivity and in my eyes ignorance...........he simply cannot stop himself from talking and taking the bait. That is why there were so many 'pro Hughes' texts read out, no other reason. Jeez, I remember polls on here that said around 80/90% wanted him out.

I would happily never listen to his tones again (Hughes), whether in real life or on the radio, passionate Hibee or not. And I would just as happily never ever see his football again. Where did his Falkirk teams always finish again ? Where is he working at present ? Not working because he is 'scunnered' about it all...............how about he just hasn't got the jobs he has thrown his wee hat in for. Last I heard he was saying 'I like places like Motherwell, they're honest people' when their job was vacant..............or 'Aberdeen is a big big club' when they were recruiting a manager. Pinch of salt that 'scunnered' comment, definitely. Maybe folk have just looked at his overall record and thought, you know what, it's not really that impressive a CV compared to others.

I'll quite happily watch our current strikers O'Connor, Agogo and Sodje score goals like they are meant to, and have a midfield that can challenge for a ball and link up decently, than watch Valdas Trakys, Duffy and Edwin De Graaf score none and pretend to be professional footballers. Without exception. I'm still wetting myself with his comments about Ed scoring double figures 'if he had taken his chances'...........pure comedy !

Largely selective nonsense.

Brizo
29-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Yogis gift for self promotion and revisionism still havent got him a job despite despite him touting his cv at every available opportunity in the media. Maybe that tells its own story.

The gist of last nights advert for Yogi by Yogi was that anything good that happened when he was at Hibs was down to him but anything that went wrong was somebody elses fault.

Yogis got an ego the size of the bananna flats and he manages to make sure any radio discussion about the Hibs always comes round to him telling the world how good a manager he was.

truehibernian
29-09-2011, 08:58 PM

Very much like the texts and e-mails they read out to Hughes then.

You rate Hughes andy, fair play. I don't rate him full stop. Nothing nonsense about the facts though, selective or not. And hey, that's not to say that Calderwood is a barrel of fun at the moment either. I just think the Beeb know that with Hughes, he makes 'good copy' because he simply cannot keep him mouth shut.

hibsbollah
29-09-2011, 09:00 PM
I have absolutely no issue about accents or whether a manager is from a low, middle or upper class background. What I will say is that Junior Agogo has scored more league goals than Ed De Graaf, Daryl Duffy and Valdas Trakys combined, Sodje around 6 times as many, we now no longer have a midfield that is like a scene from Lord of The Rings.The issue is that John Hughes is a master of contradiction. On the one hand, when in post, lauding the board, singling out Rod for praise, and never ever having a criticism. Now though, when creamed over by the Beeb's Sportsound team (because they know he will bite, trust me, no other reason), he reveals problems, issues, matters 'he can't discuss', raises 'confidentiality clauses' that at the time he signed he had absolutely no problem signing.........says last night he is an honest man and wishes he never signed it, yet seconds later admits that big Sol was away for 3 weeks, not the one week he told the media. Says that Ed De Graaf could have scored double figures, when in truth, with both Hibs and Excelsior he scored a total of 3 goals (one I believe a penalty), and was one of the most awful midfielders I have ever seen grace Easter Road. Wasn't asked why he didn't think about bringing Boothy into the side sooner and why he thought he wasn't ready yet. Didn't explain to the reporters why his 'best signing' Anthony Stokes was a boy who caused all manner of problems off the field. Didn't mention the dressing room fights and square up's at Parkhead and Rugby Park. Didn't get asked why he called fans using forums 'faceless', and wasn't asked why one of his players was sent for therapy/treatment down south in his first season. Get's to 'Europe' yet leaves 30 odd goals on the bench when away goals are like gold. The list my friend is endless. Nothing to do with his incoherence. I just think he was one of the worst managers we have had at the club in many many years. In fact, worst manager for a whole host of reasons since Jim Duffy. The Sportsound guys were awfully one sided, but jumped on Hughes' complete naivity and in my eyes ignorance...........he simply cannot stop himself from talking and taking the bait. That is why there were so many 'pro Hughes' texts read out, no other reason. Jeez, I remember polls on here that said around 80/90% wanted him out. I would happily never listen to his tones again (Hughes), whether in real life or on the radio, passionate Hibee or not. And I would just as happily never ever see his football again. Where did his Falkirk teams always finish again ? Where is he working at present ? Not working because he is 'scunnered' about it all...............how about he just hasn't got the jobs he has thrown his wee hat in for. Last I heard he was saying 'I like places like Motherwell, they're honest people' when their job was vacant..............or 'Aberdeen is a big big club' when they were recruiting a manager. Pinch of salt that 'scunnered' comment, definitely. Maybe folk have just looked at his overall record and thought, you know what, it's not really that impressive a CV compared to others. I'll quite happily watch our current strikers O'Connor, Agogo and Sodje score goals like they are meant to, and have a midfield that can challenge for a ball and link up decently, than watch Valdas Trakys, Duffy and Edwin De Graaf score none and pretend to be professional footballers. Without exception. I'm still wetting myself with his comments about Ed scoring double figures 'if he had taken his chances'...........pure comedy !Totally spot-on.

truehibernian
29-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Totally spot-on.

Cheers bollah.....and hey, before you get cocky, where is the 'spill my coffee on the keyboard' funny line this week.....your standards are slipping. I thought by mentioning EDG a couple of times it may coax a wee one-liner out of ya :greengrin

Feed McGraw
29-09-2011, 09:02 PM

Agree 100%.

nortonhibby
29-09-2011, 09:06 PM
No fee or amount was ever discussed.

300 Was offered for CC, and 500 was RPs response. FACT

Kaiser1962
29-09-2011, 09:11 PM
300 Was offered for CC, and 500 was RPs response. FACT

Not true. An approach was made to speak to CC (by Forest) and was immediately knocked back by Hibs. Money was never discussed. The amount of £300k was mentioned in a Birmingham newspaper, then picked up on by others, as an amount that Birmingham were prepared to offer except Birmingham never got that far.

nortonhibby
29-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Not true. An approach was made to speak to CC (by Forest) and was immediately knocked back by Hibs. Money was never discussed. The amount of £300k was mentioned in a Birmingham newspaper, then picked up on by others, as an amount that Birmingham were prepared to offer except Birmingham never got that far.

RP is in denial the cat is out the bag 300k he turned it down:confused:

Kaiser1962
29-09-2011, 09:15 PM
RP is in denial the cat is out the bag 300k he turned it down:confused:

If you say so.

FranckSuzy
29-09-2011, 09:30 PM

:top marksyou have put it a lot better than I could have myself.

Totally spot-on.

:agree:

sadtom
29-09-2011, 10:14 PM

As previously said, selective nonsense.
You slate Stokes but fail to mention that he has scored more goals than the 3 you mention combined.
O'connor is doing the biz, but could his off-field antics not be regarded as disruptive?
Yep their were too many big heids and bad influences (non model pro's) in Yogi's squad but he was taking a risk with far better footballers who had 'baggage' cause we cant afford the finished article. For all his faults Miller was a infinately more talanted footballer than anything we have at the moment.
I kinda understand what Hughes is saying about EDG, his missed some astonishingly bad sitters that he (as a pro footballer) is unlikely ever to manage again. Ultimately he was getting on the end of things in the box which is what Yogi identified in him. JH can hardly be blamed for a series of misses that defied belief. If he had got the confidence of a few early goals...who knows.

IMHO Yogi is the guy we should have gave more time and slack to, to turn things round. The evidence was there that he was at least attempting to get the team playing a possession/passing, modern, forward thinking style, albeit too ponderous and laboured. The intent was there.

Falkirk fans got spoilled by him. Where are Falkirk now?

Who are the great signings that CC has delivered? Garry O apart (i reckon he wasnt CC's signing either) there isn't a fekkin fitba player amongst them. Not a single one.

I can cope with Hibs trying to do it 'right' and failing.
I can't cope with watching us playing by far thee worst brand of fitba in the spl and still getting it wrong.
Its a type of fitba that would make an 1970/80's Airdrie/hertz fan embarrassed with its backward agricultural stlye.
I've seen all sorts of Hibs teams and players and have barely missed a home match in 30 odd years, a good whack of those years home and away too. I've put up with failure and disappointment the same as everyone else and kept coming back for more, cause i cared.
But now i'm scunnered, sickened, disillusioned and for the 1st time in my life apathetic.

I feel like i've fallen out of love with the the love of my life cause she (sic) has started imitating the behaviour and appearance of the cheap, classless, tramp fae the other side of town.

At least Yogi looked like he gave a flying f***. That helped make sure that i cared, even if it was anger or frustration.

Never said/done it about any other manager but i wont be back til CC is away, preferably he will be accompanied by RP & TF.

BEEJ
29-09-2011, 10:42 PM
I see there are still a number of snobs on here who still look down on Yogi cause of his accent. The same ones who were desperate to see him fail from the off.
Snobbery! :wtf: Is that one of Yogi's lines as well, or did you dream that one up?

One thing Hughes has spot on, he has not recieved nearly the same amount of support or slack than the current bufoon has had from the stands or the board room. As for slavering/havering/stumbling/bumbling incoherantly then we need look no further than the incumbant.

You need to decide whether you're wanting to slag off the current Manager - for which we are in open season, frankly, and you won't find very much opposition on here; or whether you are defending Yogi's reputation and arguing that he was unfairly treated.

Combining the two points in one post just muddies the waters and is largely irrelevant. For example, once CC does leave, will all the interminable harking back to what we missed by letting Yogi go when we did suddenly cease?

You slate Stokes but fail to mention that he has scored more goals than the 3 you mention combined.
O'connor is doing the biz, but could his off-field antics not be regarded as disruptive?
Stokes was by far Hughes best signing - the one point he was correct about last night. It could be argued that it was Stokes that got us to 4th place in season 2009/10.

I kinda understand what Hughes is saying about EDG, his missed some astonishingly bad sitters that he (as a pro footballer) is unlikely ever to manage again. Ultimately he was getting on the end of things in the box which is what Yogi identified in him. JH can hardly be blamed for a series of misses that defied belief. If he had got the confidence of a few early goals...who knows.
Can't believe you're falling for this mantra. If EdG had been half the box to box midfield dynamo that we had been told about when he was signed, he would quickly have been forgiven a few sitters because of all his other attributes. (Not 8 - 10 sitters you notice, as Yogi alluded to the other night - 'double figures' - just 3 or 4).

But EdG was not as portrayed. He was a massive let down due to the fact that we had signed a player that was but a shadow of his former self, most likely due to injury. He didn't cut it at Excelsior either during his six months loan spell there earlier this year. To blow a substantial part of your player budget on someone like that was a massive blunder.

I feel like i've fallen out of love with the the love of my life cause she (sic) has started imitating the behaviour and appearance of the cheap, classless, tramp fae the other side of town.

Never said/done it about any other manager but i wont be back til CC is away, preferably he will be accompanied by RP & TF.
That's an anti-CC argument, not a case for the reinstatement of Yogi, as if he was the only other Manager that we could possibly recruit in such circumstances.

truehibernian
29-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Yep their were too many big heids and bad influences (non model pro's) in Yogi's squad but he was taking a risk with far better footballers who had 'baggage' cause we cant afford the finished article. For all his faults Miller was a infinately more talanted footballer than anything we have at the moment.

IMHO Yogi is the guy we should have gave more time and slack to, to turn things round. The evidence was there that he was at least attempting to get the team playing a possession/passing, modern, forward thinking style, albeit too ponderous and laboured. The intent was there.

Who are the great signings that CC has delivered? Garry O apart (i reckon he wasnt CC's signing either) there isn't a fekkin fitba player amongst them. Not a single one.

I can't cope with watching us playing by far thee worst brand of fitba in the spl and still getting it wrong.
Its a type of fitba that would make an 1970/80's Airdrie/hertz fan embarrassed with its backward agricultural stlye.
I've seen all sorts of Hibs teams and players and have barely missed a home match in 30 odd years, a good whack of those years home and away too. I've put up with failure and disappointment the same as everyone else and kept coming back for more, cause i cared.
But now i'm scunnered, sickened, disillusioned and for the 1st time in my life apathetic.

At least Yogi looked like he gave a flying f***. That helped make sure that i cared, even if it was anger or frustration.

Of course I understand the apathy......feel like that myself, but still go along, and like you, have witnesses teams managed by Auld, Duffy, Miller etc. At the end of the day I would never ever criticise a fan for not going.....it's your choice and at present, yep, can see why.

As for your post - I didn't 'slate' Stokes. I merely pointed out that when asked who his best signing was, JH with great enthusiasm plumped for him, but didn't (or wasn't prompted) to say that Stokes was a very bad influence at the club. Yes, GOC doesn't have his troubles to seek, but I didn't mention him in comparison to Duffy, Trakys etc..........GOC and Stokes have very similar records, in fact, GOC is shading it with games played. I said that as we stand, Agogo has more league goals than the 'strike force' of Duffy and Trakys combined. After 4 appearances he has scored, set up 3. As for defending EDG 'getting on the end' of things........sorry mate, not a defence. He was slow, looked unfit and ill equipped for the SPL, ponderous and just awful.

As for Hughes and his possession football. I saw none of that at Perth, New Douglas Park, Tynecastle, Tannadice and St Mirren Park. The football against Irvine Meadow was laboured and horrible to watch. Smith made three crucial stops in the opening ten minutes. Hughes had a midfield that was out-fought, out muscled and out-witted time and time again. This is a manager that lost a 6-2 lead when coasting. This was a man who hid in his dug-out literally at Perth when 2-0 and having made no substitutions at 1-0 with 20 mins to go. This is a man who thought Chris Hogg would make an adequate right back !!!

You say where are Falkirk now ? Go along to Stirling Uni and watch them train. Lee Bullen and Co have got a very very young squad, all playing 'on the deck' football with the emphasis on attacking. Pre-season they could have easily been 3-0 up on us before we equalised and you could say they were unlucky to not win. Their result with Rangers proves they are getting there. More importantly, their board have stuck by Pressley and his view of the way a club should progress. He also has a very wily fox by his side in Alex Smith. Falkirk are where they are, but they are a small club who over spent. Over spent when Hughes was in charge (the fault does lie with their board, but he spent the money at the end of the day). And for me, the view that Falkirk played open attacking football was at times over-stated in the media. This was a team that got hosed 8 or 9 goals in a game v Rangers, and survived the SPL on the last game of the season before we employed him.

You are 100% bang on, we can however be selective about facts and opinions. I just think we are in a far better position as a football club without Hughes in charge, and that he should perhaps himself adopt a 'selective' stance when interviewed. Maybe listen to Jimmy Calderwood, who I am sure would love to spill the beans on Aberdeen, but chooses his words to the media carefully as he has the utmost respect for the Aberdeen fans and some of those still at the club.

Kato
29-09-2011, 10:43 PM
The evidence was there that he was at least attempting to get the team playing a possession/passing, modern, forward thinking style, albeit too ponderous and laboured. The intent was there.

The intent was there. Too ponderous and laboured is bang on. Which means it's anything but possession/passing, modern, forward thinking style, football. His main tactic, "get the baw to Stocksie" was found out and there was nothing else there. Even when he was in his honeymoon period play was for the most part narrow (not expansive).

Springbank
29-09-2011, 10:53 PM
You are joking. Everybody on here and I mean everybody cried out for him to sign Hart. There were posts beging him to sign Hart months before we did.

No, he said he signed a confidentially agreement. Said that he Regrets signing it and that if the BBC want to pay the legal fees he will tell all. I now know the first thing I'm doing when I win them Euro millions :thumbsup:.

Well, that's where you and me differ.

First person I'm contacting when I win the Euromillions is Sir Tom Farmer to talk about prices for the football club.

Then I'm looking to turn Hibs into a force, and finally FINALLY get a Scottish team playing good football, the kind that the rest of the planet may recognise as the same sport of football that they also play.

Yogi is yesterday's pizza. Move on.

Speedway
30-09-2011, 09:06 AM

Yip. Dons, Mothers, Bradford and Swindon are the teams I believe have said 'we'll call you' to Yogi.

Is this for real?

Miller a footballer, Ed De Graaf double figures. Where are they both now by the way with their queue of suitors for their enormous talents?

Did you see Yogi's Hibs beyond November of his first season? (the time it took the opposition to suss him out)

Calderwood is dour, seemingly disconnected and possibly wanting away but I'd still have him, his pedigree, his experience, his honours, his signings and his connections over Yoghurt anyday.

I'd also much rather have Brown Billy than Ginger Rice.

Hibiza
30-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Love yogi he,didn't mention thou all of his dud signings.

Beefster
30-09-2011, 09:16 AM

Aye I bet Sir Alex Ferguson today wishes he knew all that when he turned up at Lee Sharpes party all they years ago...

The suggestion that discipline is not a football matter is ridiculous.

I'm sure that Calderwood has an input into formal player discipline. In any organisation above a certain size, formal disciplinary procedures are carried out with the input of their manager, someone at a level above that and HR but there is usually a set procedure anyway - that's employment law for you. The manager's input is to usually to kick off the procedure and provide evidence to back it up. I'd be surprised if it was any different at Hibs.

Turning up at a party to tell players to get their backsides home isn't formal discipline so I'm not sure that that example is relevant to your argument.

Kaiser1962
30-09-2011, 09:39 AM

He didnt have to sign it. Collins didnt.

JimBHibees
30-09-2011, 10:14 AM

What a crock that is. If he was as good as he likes to think he is teams would have been knocking his door down to give him a job. The fact they dont appear to have done tells us all we need to know IMO.

Stevie Reid
30-09-2011, 10:32 AM
You say where are Falkirk now ? Go along to Stirling Uni and watch them train. Lee Bullen and Co have got a very very young squad, all playing 'on the deck' football with the emphasis on attacking. Pre-season they could have easily been 3-0 up on us before we equalised and you could say they were unlucky to not win. Their result with Rangers proves they are getting there. More importantly, their board have stuck by Pressley and his view of the way a club should progress. He also has a very wily fox by his side in Alex Smith. Falkirk are where they are, but they are a small club who over spent. Over spent when Hughes was in charge (the fault does lie with their board, but he spent the money at the end of the day). And for me, the view that Falkirk played open attacking football was at times over-stated in the media. This was a team that got hosed 8 or 9 goals in a game v Rangers, and survived the SPL on the last game of the season before we employed him.

Be as brutal as you like about his time at Hibs, the time to argue that has long gone, but to belittle his achievements at Falkirk (promotion, then 10th, 7th, 7th, and 10th finishes) is just wholly unnecessarry. You mention that they lost by '8 or 9 in a game against Rangers' - they actually lost 8-1 to Martin O'Neill's Celtic team at Parkhead in the league cup when they were in the first division, and a couple of seasons later Falkirk beat them 1-0 there in the same tournament (which ultimately gave us a huge help in winning the thing).

They did lose 7-2 to Rangers one season, but these things can happen (Rangers took 19 goals off Motherwell in 4 SPL games last season) and it was the same season that they beat St. Mirren and Gretna by four goals away from home - he also led them to results such as 5-1 away wins against Levein's Dundee Utd, Dunfermline (their biggest rivals) and St. Mirren. He may have only kept them in the league by the skin of their teeth in his last season, but he still kept them there, getting them to the Scottish Cup Final the same season - and, FWIW, that Falkirk team finished with more points than we did last season. He left and they were relegated the following season, after Eddie May released many of his team.

You also mention that Falkirk have stuck by Steven Pressley and "his view of the way a club should progress" - they also did the same with Hughes, and were rewarded for it. He took them places and brought many youth players into the first team - in fact, such was Falkirk's reputation for youth that they gave Eddie May the manager's job. Regardless of how it worked out at Hibs, Hughes was seen as very much a modern and forward thinking manager when we appointed him.

Now the football they played was a myth (despite it being the on the deck, attacking football that you are praising the current Falkirk team for) and Yogi's overspending has resulted in them struggling to get out of the 1st division? Right then. Hughes (correctly, more often than not) gets it in the neck plenty on here for his time at Hibs - just leave his considerable achievements at Falkirk alone, as it totally overshadows your point about not having anything against him personally.

PS - if Steven Pressley emulates Yogi and in the next 5 seasons gets them promoted, then 10th, 7th, 7th and 10th in the SPL whilst getting them to a League Cup semi and SC Final, do you think the Falkirk fans will be happy? Doesn't require much thought really.

RIP
30-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Petrie and Hughes have both been hard-working servants to this club. We should respect that.

But it's a new era with a new coaching team and different board support in the form of Scott Lindsay

Time to move on

And yes Yogi - that means you as well!

Sergy Pie
30-09-2011, 12:01 PM

It may be largely selective but it's not nonsense.

For me, Hughes spent and assembled a team over a Summer that showed what it could do from the start of the season then progressively got worse as the season progressed. It should have been upwards and onwards but i believe his influence at the club slowly eroded the side over the season until it stumbled over the line. Could have been for different reasons but the buck lay with him.

Message boards and gossip will never truly paint a picture of what really went on at the club but it seemed it was the right thing to let him go at the time. People will take what they want from his time at the club but he's not there anymore. Whether things would have been different if he was still there is irrelevant really. That concept is something he can't grasp himself.

I believe that if you have nothing positive to say, then it's best to say nothing at all. And like a number of things he said whilst he said at the club that was contradictory and insulting, he should leave it be and move on. His comments don't do anyone any good, not least for himself.

IWasThere2016
30-09-2011, 10:42 PM
Yogi is pretty much telling us that RP is holding Hibs back, something which most of us know, or at least suspect.
And here we are, still ridiculing Yogi. :rolleyes:
The guys a Hibby, but he has the advantage of being able to critisise the board/RP with facts and knowledge of the situation that he's gained from being on the inside. I find it a bit more refreshing than the usual " I know this guy that knows this guy that knows this guy that knows this guys brother's dog's sister.........." pish thats usually on here. :agree:

Aye - especially as Yogi's impartial :faf:

Fact is he is a bigger erse than ten bums, and he's given mic time so we can laugh at him no with him.

Discussion over.

Spot on.

nortonhibby
30-09-2011, 10:42 PM

CC Is RPs choice with RPs full backing CC Is in for the long haul.BB Was chosen to help, DA Was same but did not work. BB seems to be helping.

PISTOL1875
01-10-2011, 09:52 AM
I think its safe to say that Yogi never had a clue about football. He was a one trick pony and was unable to change things when things were going wrong.. Yeh , we good to watch in the first 6 months of his tenure but once teams sussed us out and our style of play , we were easy pickings.. THAT is when you find out how good a manager is.. When things are going bad and what he does to change things...

Many times Yogi's management style was called into question and many times he came up short...

Moulin Yarns
01-10-2011, 11:27 AM
He is on Off The Ball just now too. Obviously doesn't need, or want, another managerial post as he whores himself as a 'pundit'

FranckSuzy
01-10-2011, 02:52 PM
I think its safe to say that Yogi never had a clue about football. He was a one trick pony and was unable to change things when things were going wrong.. Yeh , we good to watch in the first 6 months of his tenure but once teams sussed us out and our style of play , we were easy pickings.. THAT is when you find out how good a manager is.. When things are going bad and what he does to change things...

Many times Yogi's management style was called into question and many times he came up short...

Spot on P :agree:

Carheenlea
01-10-2011, 07:09 PM
I heard Yogi on Off the Ball today, and the story Tam Cowan told about the aftermath of the 6-6 game at Fir Park. Tam told how surprised he was as he left the ground past the Hibs bus, and how he heard someone rapping a window as if to get his attention, only to turn round and see some big clown grinning, waving and generally acting the goat at Tam Cowan. Of course, in the aftermath of such humiliation, Cowan was surprised that this was infact the manager of a team who capitulated in embarrassing fashion just half an hour earlier.
Glad that clown found the thing hilarious. I certainly failed to see anything funny about it as I trailed home after forking out to witness that embarrassment, along with every other Hibs fan that night.
We are well rid.

Baldy Foghorn
01-10-2011, 07:14 PM
I heard Yogi on Off the Ball today, and the story Tam Cowan told about the aftermath of the 6-6 game at Fir Park. Tam told how surprised he was as he left the ground past the Hibs bus, and how he heard someone rapping a window as if to get his attention, only to turn round and see some big clown grinning, waving and generally acting the goat at Tam Cowan. Of course, in the aftermath of such humiliation, Cowan was surprised that this was infact the manager of a team who capitulated in embarrassing fashion just half an hour earlier.
Glad that clown found the thing hilarious. I certainly failed to see anything funny about it as I trailed home after forking out to witness that embarrassment, along with every other Hibs fan that night.
We are well rid.

spot on.....:top marks

Grinning and mucking about after throwing away a 6-2 lead, sums the big galloot up

nortonhibby
01-10-2011, 07:36 PM
spot on.....:top marks

Grinning and mucking about after throwing away a 6-2 lead, sums the big galloot up

Yogi was a Hibernian Legend as a player he is bitter because CC Has been given more support and time than he was.

The Duffster is also bitter with his comments " I WAS SACKED FOR LESS " Not true CC Has 2 more points after 44 games than Duff who lasted 46 games.

To be fair to Yogi his record is far superior to the Duffs, so his bitterness is Understandable, we are either a point of bottom, or 2 points of top six right now.

Can CC And BB Take us forward ? RP Clearly thinks so, CC Must have something that RP Did not see in Yogi.

As for a Yogi and JC Double act not with RP In charge:flag:

PISTOL1875
01-10-2011, 07:37 PM
We are well rid.

I was in the Haymarket Bar that night and I was totally mortified if I am being honest.. Bringing on a forward for a forward in the last minute at 6-5 was just the type of thing we seen with that idiot...................

nortonhibby
01-10-2011, 07:39 PM
We are well rid.

They missed a pen in injury time it could have been worse:confused:

Carheenlea
01-10-2011, 07:46 PM

Just as well, Yogi`s sides would probably have split.

3pm
01-10-2011, 07:49 PM

No they never.

nortonhibby
01-10-2011, 07:53 PM
No they never.

Aye the did.

3pm
01-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Aye the did.

The 6-6 game?

FranckSuzy
01-10-2011, 08:02 PM
I thought the penalty was in the 90 mins and the equaliser was in ET :confused:

nortonhibby
01-10-2011, 08:03 PM
The 6-6 game?

yea im sure they got a very late pen i had my head in hands hands over my eyes when they missed could not beleve it we got a draw :confused:d:flag:

Kaiser1962
01-10-2011, 08:04 PM

They missed a penalty (Smith saved) but it was in normal time with the score 6-5 to Hibs. Jutkiewicz scored the equaliser in the 93rd minute.

Broken Gnome
01-10-2011, 08:08 PM
They missed a penalty (Smith saved) but it was in normal time with the score 6-5 to Hibs. Jutkiewicz scored the equaliser in the 93rd minute.

Indeed. The two things about that are it makes the equaliser even more pitiful, they had their chance for 6-6 and blew it and certainly shouldn't have -had another one and we should all be quite happy Motherwell didn't have an extra two or three extra minutes to find a winner.

nortonhibby
01-10-2011, 08:09 PM

please tell me it was late on in the game ? 89th min :flag:

Kaiser1962
01-10-2011, 08:12 PM
please tell me it was late on in the game ? 89th min :flag:

86th

nortonhibby
01-10-2011, 08:30 PM
86th

Thanks i knew it was late :flag:

Frazerbob
01-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Yogi was a Hibernian Legend as a player he is bitter because CC Has been given more support and time than he was.

The Duffster is also bitter with his comments " I WAS SACKED FOR LESS " Not true CC Has 2 more points after 44 games than Duff who lasted 46 games.

To be fair to Yogi his record is far superior to the Duffs, so his bitterness is Understandable, we are either a point of bottom, or 2 points of top six right now.

Can CC And BB Take us forward ? RP Clearly thinks so, CC Must have something that RP Did not see in Yogi.

I supose captaining his local team to relegation does give him some sort of legendary status.

nortonhibby
01-10-2011, 08:42 PM
I supose captaining his local team to relegation does give him some sort of legendary status.

Yogi feels that pain he is passionate about Us a real fan he feels the pain, its just that CC Gets more time more forgiveness he is bitter:flag:

degenerated
01-10-2011, 08:43 PM

Your having a laugh surely, Hughes a Hibernian legend. Wtf.

And as for a yogi & johnny six-pack dream team I dont even know where to begin with that one. If, as you suggest, it won't happen with rp around then I hope rp is around for a long time to come.

Frazerbob
01-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Yogi feels that pain he is passionate about Us a real fan he feels the pain, its just that CC Gets more time more forgiveness he is bitter:flag:

So he should. Poor player and worse manager. Absolutely NOT a Hibs legend.

nortonhibby
01-10-2011, 08:50 PM
So he should. Poor player and worse manager. Absolutely NOT a Hibs legend.

http://www.asylum.co.uk/2011/10/01/video-cctv-footage-of-ghost-in-phone-shop/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl10%7Csec1_lnk1%7C80061

yogi is a legend:flag:

Jonnyboy
01-10-2011, 09:51 PM

No he wasn't.

smurf
01-10-2011, 11:35 PM
No he wasn't.

The word 'legend' is used far too easily. Before my time but i noticed Tony Higgins in today's Edinburgh Evening News being called a 'Hibs legend'...

Who next... Polis men Mark Caughey, Mark Fulton and Dave Beaumont...:greengrin

nortonhibby
02-10-2011, 05:27 PM

The word 'legend' is used far too easily. Before my time but i noticed Tony Higgins in today's Edinburgh Evening News being called a 'Hibs legend'...

Who next... Polis men Mark Caughey, Mark Fulton and Dave Beaumont...:greengrin

Benny Brazil would fall into true Legend status for us always gave 100 percent and first to put his hand up to take a penalty when others would hide.:flag:

brog
02-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Benny Brazil would fall into true Legend status for us always gave 100 percent and first to put his hand up to take a penalty when others would hide.:flag:

From memory Benny only ever took 2 pens, both against Celtc. He scored the 1st for his hat trick in a friendly but missed the one that mattered in the pen shoot out in League Cup. Luckily Celtc had Pierce O'Leary!!
One of my fav all time stats that season, Celtc scored 7 goals in 2 cup ties at ER & lost both!!

nortonhibby
02-10-2011, 08:02 PM
From memory Benny only ever took 2 pens, both against Celtc. He scored the 1st for his hat trick in a friendly but missed the one that mattered in the pen shoot out in League Cup. Luckily Celtc had Pierce O'Leary!!
One of my fav all time stats that season, Celtc scored 7 goals in 2 cup ties at ER & lost both!!

Benny was and still is my fav Hibee player of all time he had bottle guts desire and passion for Hibernian FC.:flag:

Phil D. Rolls
03-10-2011, 12:35 PM
We are well rid.

A man out of his depth.

Stevie Reid
03-10-2011, 12:53 PM
We are well rid.

Although I'm glad he went when he did, I have been prepared to defend Yogi's time as Hibs manager to a certain extent - I especially dislike the hearsay regarding what he was like behind closed doors, or insults regarding his intelligence (or perceived lack of), and the way he speaks. Even when I was at the end of my tether with him I didn't subscribe to person insults or the character assassinations dished out by many.

However, this is by far the most damning thing I've read about his time as manager - and for the first time ever on here, I'll call Hughes an idiot.

steakbake
03-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Although I'm glad he went when he did, I have been prepared to defend Yogi's time as Hibs manager to a certain extent - I especially dislike the hearsay regarding what he was like behind closed doors, or insults regarding his intelligence (or perceived lack of), and the way he speaks. Even when I was at the end of my tether with him I didn't subscribe to person insults or the character assassinations dished out by many.

However, this is by far the most damning thing I've read about his time as manager - and for the first time ever on here, I'll call Hughes an idiot.

Decent.

Part/Time Supporter
03-10-2011, 01:23 PM

Well said.

It's all well and good for Cowan to say "what a great guy" or suchlike nowadays, but what would he be saying if a Motherwell manager was like that after an embarrassing result for them?

nortonhibby
03-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Well said.

It's all well and good for Cowan to say "what a great guy" or suchlike nowadays, but what would he be saying if a Motherwell manager was like that after an embarrassing result for them?

Yogi took us into Europe in his first season in charge, but he was not given the time that CC Has been given.

Hence his bitterness, the Duffsters comments " i wis sacked for less " have the same bitter taste. Only Mixu has remained quiet although he also did not get the same patience that CC Has had and from what i hear will continue to get regardless of results.

Jonnyboy
03-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Yogi took us into Europe in his first season in charge, but he was not given the time that CC Has been given.

Hence his bitterness, the Duffsters comments " i wis sacked for less " have the same bitter taste. Only Mixu has remained quiet although he also did not get the same patience that CC Has had and from what i hear will continue to get regardless of results.

Eh? CC hasn't been in post anywhere near as long as Yogi was at Hibs.

Your unflinching support of Hughes is beginning to get tiresome

Kato
03-10-2011, 09:54 PM

Math not a strong point.

nortonhibby
03-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Eh? CC hasn't been in post anywhere near as long as Yogi was at Hibs.

Your unflinching support of Hughes is beginning to get tiresome

yes i am a Yogi fan, lets just wait this one out and compare Yogis results to CCs when he goes. Any one got the current stats after 44 games Yogi V cc FH Please:confused:

Kato
03-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Any one got the current stats after 44 games Yogi V cc FH Please:confused:

If it means that much to you why don't YOU get the stats yourself?

hibs0666
03-10-2011, 11:13 PM
yes i am a Yogi fan, lets just wait this one out and compare Yogis results to CCs when he goes. Any one got the current stats after 44 games Yogi V cc FH Please:confused:

Hughes record is slightly better, but it's like two baldies fighting over a comb...

Hughes

13 wins
11 draws
20 defeats

Calderwood

12 wins
9 draws
23 defeats

TrickyNicky
03-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Hughes record is slightly better, but it's like two baldies fighting over a comb...

Hughes

13 wins
11 draws
20 defeats

Calderwood

12 wins
9 draws
23 defeats

Here are the stats I got from the soccerbase website.

http://www.soccerbase.com/managers/manager.sd?manager_id=1879

http://www.soccerbase.com/managers/manager.sd?manager_id=1864

According to the stats, Calderwood must not lose any of the next 10 fixtures to equal the dizzying heights of Hughes.

IWasThere2016
04-10-2011, 04:09 AM
Here are the stats I got from the soccerbase website.

http://www.soccerbase.com/managers/manager.sd?manager_id=1879

http://www.soccerbase.com/managers/manager.sd?manager_id=1864

According to the stats, Calderwood must not lose any of the next 10 fixtures to equal the dizzying heights of Hughes.

Yogi didn't not inherit the absolute shambles CC .. 'Unworkable legacy' etc :wink:

Kaiser1962
04-10-2011, 07:01 AM
Yogi didn't not inherit the absolute shambles CC .. 'Unworkable legacy' etc :wink:

Quite. :agree:

ballengeich
04-10-2011, 11:04 AM

The difference in Mixu is that after leaving Hibs he gave thought to what had gone wrong, travelled around to learn from other people, and as a result was able to perform better in his next job. More constructive than a year of self-pity.

nortonhibby
04-10-2011, 08:19 PM
The difference in Mixu is that after leaving Hibs he gave thought to what had gone wrong, travelled around to learn from other people, and as a result was able to perform better in his next job. More constructive than a year of self-pity.

Fair point plus there is the money side it costs money.
RP Will know this i suppose, it will be in RPs mind that 300k was offered, CC Must be good after all if BC Were prepared to offer 300k which we turned down.

300K 300K RP Must think of this amount a lot.

If you gave Yogi 300k and the same backing we would not be in this mess.:flag:

Peevemor
04-10-2011, 08:31 PM
RP Will know this i suppose, it will be in RPs mind that 300k was offered, CC Must be good after all if BC Were prepared to offer 300k which we turned down.

You don't half talk some pish!

greenlex
04-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Fair point plus there is the money side it costs money.RP Will know this i suppose, it will be in RPs mind that 300k was offered, CC Must be good after all if BC Were prepared to offer 300k which we turned down.300K 300K RP Must think of this amount a lot.If you gave Yogi 300k and the same backing we would not be in this mess.:flag: Could you rewrite this post in a fashion I might understand please? I am stupid and a little confused.

silverhibee
04-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Could you rewrite this post in a fashion I might understand please? I am stupid and a little confused.

BB CC 300k BB RP 300k RP 300k CC BB 300k 300k.

Hope that helps. :greengrin

nortonhibby
04-10-2011, 08:54 PM

Thanks for clearing that up :flag:

tamig
04-10-2011, 09:20 PM

My dad used to do morse code years ago. I'll let him have a go...

PISTOL1875
04-10-2011, 09:20 PM

The thought of Yogi with £300k in his hand to buy players make me a shivering wreck...

nortonhibby
04-10-2011, 09:24 PM
The thought of Yogi with £300k in his hand to buy players make me a shivering wreck...

Stokes:confused:

Jonnyboy
04-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Stokes:confused:

I'll see your Stokes and raise you a Patrick Cregg and a Graeme Smith

Dr Jimmy
04-10-2011, 09:43 PM
Fair point plus there is the money side it costs money.RP Will know this i suppose, it will be in RPs mind that 300k was offered, CC Must be good after all if BC Were prepared to offer 300k which we turned down.300K 300K RP Must think of this amount a lot.If you gave Yogi 300k and the same backing we would not be in this mess.:flag: I worry about you.

ScottB
04-10-2011, 10:12 PM
I'll see your Stokes and raise you a Patrick Cregg and a Graeme Smith

Quite!

Hughes' transfer dealings were probably the worst thing about him, hell he signed what, 20 odd players, then moaned that the squad needed an overhaul. It did indeed, but because he filled it with crap.

Sure, he signed Stokes, what does he want for that? A cookie? Anyone could tell you he'd do well. The rest left a lot to be desired, even the guys he'd worked with before turned out to be huddies!

Stevie Reid
05-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Quite!

Hughes' transfer dealings were probably the worst thing about him, hell he signed what, 20 odd players, then moaned that the squad needed an overhaul. It did indeed, but because he filled it with crap.

Sure, he signed Stokes, what does he want for that? A cookie? Anyone could tell you he'd do well. The rest left a lot to be desired, even the guys he'd worked with before turned out to be huddies!

I will step back to defending him here. How can it possibly be fair to pan him for his bad signings (of which there were a few), and yet completely deprive him of any credit for one of our best signings in recent years? Someone else last year referred to Stokes signing as "easy" - if signing players of that quality were easy, we'd have absolutely no problems.

For a club that (infuriatingly) often gets accused of a lack of ambition, everyone at the club deserves huge credit for managing to get Stokes to ER - when we were first linked with him in the papers when Hughes arrived, I thought it was just lazy journalism, I couldn't see any way that we could get a player of his quality. This was a guy who tore up the SPL when he was here before, then turned down Celtic to sign for Sunderland for £2M - to somehow acquire a Premiership striker who cost that much money (regardless of his form and apparent attitude problems) was a major coup, and Hughes and the board deserve huge credit for persuading Stokes to come here, and Sunderland to part company with him.

Many folk will tell you that Stokes got us 4th place practically on his own - in which case, surely Yogi deserves credit for such a transfer master stroke. Denying him credit to him for that signing is almost akin to the lack of credit given to JC for winning the League Cup - it's amazing the successes that people will dismiss on here to have a pop at folk.

Kato
05-10-2011, 09:23 AM
I worry about you.

I don't. Despite years of mismanagment the NHS is still a great institution and does some really godd stuff in caring for those with huge MENTAL PROBLEMS.

Phil D. Rolls
05-10-2011, 10:12 AM
I don't. Despite years of mismanagment the NHS is still a great institution and does some really godd stuff in caring for those with huge MENTAL PROBLEMS.

Sounds like you know what you're talking about. :greengrin

Kato
05-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Sounds like you know what you're talking about. :greengrin

Thankyou.

cabbageandribs1875
05-10-2011, 11:02 AM
You don't half talk some pish!

noticed that 364 posts ago :greengrin

ScottB
05-10-2011, 01:45 PM
I will step back to defending him here. How can it possibly be fair to pan him for his bad signings (of which there were a few), and yet completely deprive him of any credit for one of our best signings in recent years? Someone else last year referred to Stokes signing as "easy" - if signing players of that quality were easy, we'd have absolutely no problems.

For a club that (infuriatingly) often gets accused of a lack of ambition, everyone at the club deserves huge credit for managing to get Stokes to ER - when we were first linked with him in the papers when Hughes arrived, I thought it was just lazy journalism, I couldn't see any way that we could get a player of his quality. This was a guy who tore up the SPL when he was here before, then turned down Celtic to sign for Sunderland for £2M - to somehow acquire a Premiership striker who cost that much money (regardless of his form and apparent attitude problems) was a major coup, and Hughes and the board deserve huge credit for persuading Stokes to come here, and Sunderland to part company with him.

Many folk will tell you that Stokes got us 4th place practically on his own - in which case, surely Yogi deserves credit for such a transfer master stroke. Denying him credit to him for that signing is almost akin to the lack of credit given to JC for winning the League Cup - it's amazing the successes that people will dismiss on here to have a pop at folk.

My point was, it hardly proves he had an eye for a player to know that Stokes would bang them in. So we have one success up against a sea of crap, including many that he had worked with before and still turned out to be crap.

Was it impressive that we got him? Of course, but Stokes doesn't balance out the dross he signed, ultimately credit too has to go to the Board for stumping up the cash for him really, as we could sit around all day reeling off the names of EPL players who'd do a job for us.

Stevie Reid
05-10-2011, 02:18 PM
My point was, it hardly proves he had an eye for a player to know that Stokes would bang them in.So we have one success up against a sea of crap, including many that he had worked with before and still turned out to be crap.
Was it impressive that we got him? Of course, but Stokes doesn't balance out the dross he signed, ultimately credit too has to go to the Board for stumping up the cash for him really, as we could sit around all day reeling off the names of EPL players how'd do a job for us.

I know what your point was, and I'm still disagreeing with it. Going back further, was Stokes guaranteed to be a success when he brought him to Falkirk from Arsenal?

Yes, we could reel off players all day, that's not the point - the point is that Stokes had to be persuaded to come from the Premiership to Hibs and take a huge pay cut in doing so; Hughes was the man who took care of that. Him and the board both deserve credit for bringing Stokes to Hibs and getting the best out of him, just like CC and the board do with GOC.

Do you think McLeish deserves credit for signing Sauzee and Latapy?

ScottB
05-10-2011, 03:10 PM
I know what your point was, and I'm still disagreeing with it. Going back further, was Stokes guaranteed to be a success when he brought him to Falkirk from Arsenal?

Yes, we could reel off players all day, that's not the point - the point is that Stokes had to be persuaded to come from the Premiership to Hibs and take a huge pay cut in doing so; Hughes was the man who took care of that. Him and the board both deserve credit for bringing Stokes to Hibs and getting the best out of him, just like CC and the board do with GOC.

Of course, but my point is that at the end of the day, 90% + of Hughes' signings were awful, he signed 2 teams worth and he still moaned that he didn't have his own squad / needed more players. Stokes doesn't balance that out, and at the end of the day he brought a load of problems with him too that contributed to our slide into the mess we are still in.

Stevie Reid
05-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Of course, but my point is that at the end of the day, 90% + of Hughes' signings were awful, he signed 2 teams worth and he still moaned that he didn't have his own squad / needed more players. Stokes doesn't balance that out, and at the end of the day he brought a load of problems with him too that contributed to our slide into the mess we are still in.

A statement I will never understand - I'd take 24 goals a season and any kind of behaviour, quite frankly. Is GOC contributing to the mess that we're in with his problems? Or would be just as ****ed without him as we were without Stokes?

The fact that we finished 4th in the league despite the fact that "90% + of Hughes' signings were awful" implies that Stokes did balance out the other signings. Either that or more than 10% of the signings weren't that bad.

Yogi is thankfully long gone, 4th place and the signing of Stokes were his two triumphs - I don't grudge him those, and don't understand folk that do.

StevieC
05-10-2011, 04:17 PM

Why the obsession with stats?

Remember that half of CC's stats are with Yogi's team.

:rolleyes:

Pedantic_Hibee
05-10-2011, 04:19 PM
StevieC, you are an excellent poster; reasoned, considered and thoughtful posts which I enjoy reading.

Just wanted to put that out there.

Nortonhibby........hmmmm, nawsogood :greengrin

silverhibee
05-10-2011, 06:54 PM
A statement I will never understand - I'd take 24 goals a season and any kind of behaviour, quite frankly. Is GOC contributing to the mess that we're in with his problems? Or would be just as ****ed without him as we were without Stokes?

The fact that we finished 4th in the league despite the fact that "90% + of Hughes' signings were awful" implies that Stokes did balance out the other signings. Either that or more than 10% of the signings weren't that bad.

Yogi is thankfully long gone, 4th place and the signing of Stokes were his two triumphs - I don't grudge him those, and don't understand folk that do.

I dont think it was all down to Stokes for that season, Deeks had a wee hand in it as well with the 15-17 goals and his double figures for assists from the left side of midfield that season and a number of they assists got Stokes his 24 goals for that season.

But as you say, thankfully Yogi has long gone.. :aok:

nortonhibby
05-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Why the obsession with stats?

Remember that half of CC's stats are with Yogi's team.

:rolleyes:

Apologies but i confess you are correct i probably am obsessed with stats league tables results and managers records v each other interest me a lot. ( geek )

Yogi did well getting us 4th, but his run after that was dire shame because he bleeds green and is a true supporter.

Agreed with your quote regards CC Having to cope with Yogis team, but its CCs team now and yes things are a slight improvement but in the cold light of day we got a fluke last min goal at inverness and GOCs dive v St Johnstone have us 4 more points than we should have and we are only a point above bottom.

Agreed its bunched up and a couple of wins could see us leap up the league IMO Opinion CC Is no improvement on Yogi.:flag:But we need to see this one out give him the time required we have no choice now.

Kato
05-10-2011, 07:51 PM

This is from hearsay only re-Stokes but my understanding is that the type of disruption he caused was directly affecting other players performances whereas GOC's problems are all away from his workplace.

It only took a matter of days for Stokes to generate bad press during his stay here. Well rid.

Kato
05-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Apologies but i confess you are correct i probably am obsessed with stats league tables results and managers records v each other interest me a lot. ( geek )

Yogi did well getting us 4th, but his run after that was dire shame because he bleeds green and is a true supporter.

Agreed with your quote regards CC Having to cope with Yogis team, but its CCs team now and yes things are a slight improvement but in the cold light of day we got a fluke last min goal at inverness and GOCs dive v St Johnstone have us 4 more points than we should have and we are only a point above bottom.

Agreed its bunched up and a couple of wins could see us leap up the league IMO Opinion CC Is no improvement on Yogi.:flag:But we need to see this one out give him the time required we have no choice now.

That almost makes sense. :confused:

Kato
05-10-2011, 07:58 PM
but in the cold light of day we got a fluke last min goal at inverness and GOCs dive v St Johnstone have us 4 more points than we should have and we are only a point above bottom.

Then you go a spoil it by being a twat. Teams that win games in the last minute still win. Games last 90mins plus whatever the ref sees fit. GOC's "dive" is a moot point and up for discussion, he could well have been fouled.

Your cold light of day stinks.

Jonnyboy
05-10-2011, 07:59 PM

You're 100% correct Stevie - Yogi deserves credit for signing Stokes. I think the problem is that every chance he gets, Yogi reminds us of that very fact. Naturally he is going to point out the positives of his reign - signed Stokes and got us into Europe. I've no problem with that and acknowledge these things as good achievements. What Yogi doesn't talk about (why would he, he's trying to get another job) is all the duds he signed and the eye bleeding football he had us playing. I can understand why folk dwell on the negatives - they hurt!

Oh aye and Big Eck definitely deserves praise for signing Russell and Franck :agree:

hibsbollah
05-10-2011, 08:17 PM
As long as Tony Mowbray gets credit for big Amadou :flag:

Brizo
05-10-2011, 08:47 PM
On subject of Stokes he was brought to Falkirk along with Patrick Cregg from Liam Bradys Arsenal academy by a scout who had been Bradys kitman when he was Celtc manager. Yogi could be credited for employing a scout with good connections but cant take any credit for personally spotting Stokes first time round. Fair play to him for getting him to Hibs but his subsequent inability or unwillingness to clamp down on Stokes off field behaviour and the problems that behaviour caused in the dressing room showed Yogi in a very poor light. Like so much else with Yogi his tough disciplinarian act was seen to be more bluster than substance.

nortonhibby
05-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Then you go a spoil it by being a twat. Teams that win games in the last minute still win. Games last 90mins plus whatever the ref sees fit. GOC's "dive" is a moot point and up for discussion, he could well have been fouled.

Your cold light of day stinks.

Fair point i retract these words it will no doubt even out over the season, a word of caution though regards the stats it was january before we finally punted Duffy and it was too late by then for AMc To save us.

Albion Hibs
05-10-2011, 09:04 PM
On subject of Stokes he was brought to Falkirk along with Patrick Cregg from Liam Bradys Arsenal academy by a scout who had been Bradys kitman when he was Celtc manager. Yogi could be credited for employing a scout with good connections but cant take any credit for spotting Stokes first time round. Fair play to him for getting him to Hibs but his subsequent inability or unwillingness to clamp down on Stokes off field behaviour and the problems that behaviour caused in the dressing room showed Yogi in a very poor light. Like so much else with Yogi his tough disciplinarian act was seen to be more bluster than substance.

I dont agree with that. Many a manager tried and failed with Stokes, teams like Sunderland and wherever else he went after that had no joy. Equally his problems have been made known to the public since joining celtic, that is a lot of managers to all have the same problem. I think the reality is that Stokes was the problem, his atitude his behaviour.There is only so much you can blame a manager for, if the player wont change then he wont change. He is not the first and he wont be the last, but that is certainly not down to Hughes.

nortonhibby
05-10-2011, 09:11 PM
I dont agree with that. Many a manager tried and failed with Stokes, teams like Sunderland and wherever else he went after that had no joy. Equally his problems have been made known to the public since joining celtic, that is a lot of managers to all have the same problem. I think the reality is that Stokes was the problem, his atitude his behaviour.There is only so much you can blame a manager for, if the player wont change then he wont change. He is not the first and he wont be the last, but that is certainly not down to Hughes.

The sell on fee would have pleased RP And would finance later Yogi Signings okay not good ones but the fee paid negated the loss so Yogi did not loose us money.

Kato
05-10-2011, 09:17 PM
a word of caution though regards the stats

Not as obsessed with the stats as you are so thanks for the word of caution but not really bothered with your slant on them.

it was january before we finally punted Duffy and it was too late by then for AMc To save us.

Duffy joined us in a close season, Calderwood during a really poor patch a good way into a season. Duffy caused us to be relegated even it was on AML's watch, Calderwood imho saved us from relegation last season.

Stats shmatts

Brizo
05-10-2011, 09:27 PM

Your right that Stokes problems followed him from club to club and no doubt defeated other managers. Stokes issues didnt affect him in isolation however , they had a detrimental affect on the whole dressing room. Yogi failed to nip that dresssing room problem in the bud. My point being that Yogi talked the talk but when it came to discipline issues couldnt carry it through. In the same way that he talked the talk about his commitment to making them better players but couldnt get them to come back in for afternoon training.

Albion Hibs
05-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Your right that Stokes problems followed him from club to club and no doubt defeated other managers. Stokes issues didnt affect him in isolation however , they had a detrimental affect on the whole dressing room. Yogi failed to nip that dresssing room problem in the bud. My point being that Yogi talked the talk but when it came to discipline issues couldnt carry it through. In the same way that he talked the talk about his commitment to making them better players but couldnt get them to come back in for afternoon training.

I dont remember a detrimental effect on the dressing room. Our current players have featured in the papers recently as well remember. These things are always going to go on, I am sure each club has one at any given time. But I certainly dont recall the rest of the players following suit and getting themselves up the town etc. Remember a lot of the stokes chat was rumour stuff that was knocked about on here. Given the personalities Yogi had in the dressing room - Stokes, Riordan, Bamba, Miller all with a history of doing as they please I think he did a good job on that front, or enough of a job that it was never an issue.

Kato
05-10-2011, 09:56 PM
I dont remember a detrimental effect on the dressing room.

I reckon the first sign that all was not well in the dressing room was the way some players reacted to Hughes when he was shouting from the touch-line. You could tell they were pretty pissed-off with whatever he was saying when they showed such dissent.

nortonhibby
05-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Not as obsessed with the stats as you are so thanks for the word of caution but not really bothered with your slant on them.

Duffy joined us in a close season, Calderwood during a really poor patch a good way into a season. Duffy caused us to be relegated even it was on AML's watch, Calderwood imho saved us from relegation last season.

Stats shmatts
An interesting point to take in whilst reviewing stats i must review:flag:

Twa Cairpets
05-10-2011, 10:13 PM
I reckon the first sign that all was not well in the dressing room was the way some players reacted to Hughes when he was shouting from the touch-line. You could tell they were pretty pissed-off with whatever he was saying when they showed such dissent.

Yep.
Cregg told him to "shut the F*** up"
McBride said to him "Ah f****** ken Im a professional footballer"
Miller told him to "F*** off"

Source. Me.
I saw and heard it happen

Albion Hibs
05-10-2011, 10:19 PM

Calm down. if you think that is abnormal in football then go to almost any game at a professional level or any level for that matter and you will see it. If that is classed as unrest then the game is in turmoil. I would class the tevez situation as losing the dressing room, shouting back at a manager, and to be honest I dont remember seeing that, is nothing in my view.

Kato
05-10-2011, 11:27 PM
I dont remember seeing that, is nothing in my view.

Happened many times and it was the frequency and ferocity (no exaggeration) that convinced me that some players didn't respect the manager's opinion on what was happening during games at all.

Kato
05-10-2011, 11:30 PM
Yep.

Source. Me.

From where I sit a could never have made out what they said but the dissent was a feature in games quite a few times.

Brizo
06-10-2011, 05:56 AM
I dont remember a detrimental effect on the dressing room. Our current players have featured in the papers recently as well remember. These things are always going to go on, I am sure each club has one at any given time. But I certainly dont recall the rest of the players following suit and getting themselves up the town etc. Remember a lot of the stokes chat was rumour stuff that was knocked about on here. Given the personalities Yogi had in the dressing room - Stokes, Riordan, Bamba, Miller all with a history of doing as they please I think he did a good job on that front, or enough of a job that it was never an issue.

If a worker has say a drink/drugs / gambling addiction their boss cant be expected to deal with that , its a matter that should be referred to the professionals for expert help. If however a workers addiction say impinged on the workplace for example in that they borrowed money from younger workmates , didnt pay it back which led to shopfloor boxing then imo it is totally the bosses responsibility to sort that specific shopfloor problem out the minute it raises its head and well before it gets to the boxing stage.

With regard to Yogi i think respect or lack of it became a big issue during the latter part of his tenure such as his inability to get them to do afternoon training and as previous posters have said the dissent from players during games to Yogi on the sideline.

Kaiser1962
06-10-2011, 07:19 AM
With regard to Yogi i think respect or lack of it became a big issue during the latter part of his tenure such as his inability to get them to do afternoon training and as previous posters have said the dissent from players during games to Yogi on the sideline.

At East Mains there was a very one sided spat when one player attacked another one. Both were young and in the first team squad, the victim of the attack still is and the perp moved on much later after other incidents. However the young victim went to Yogi to tell him what had happened and, after due consideration, Yogi went into a cupboard and offered the young guy a baseball bat and told him that's how things like this should be dealt with. I kid you not. No further action was taken.

I cannot, somehow, imagine Calderwood doing this.

Stevie Reid
06-10-2011, 08:22 AM
I dont think it was all down to Stokes for that season, Deeks had a wee hand in it as well with the 15-17 goals and his double figures for assists from the left side of midfield that season and a number of they assists got Stokes his 24 goals for that season.

But as you say, thankfully Yogi has long gone.. :aok:

Of course, SH, there were a few players who contributed positively for spells that season (the back four until Feb, even Nishy scored 12 goals IIRC), and Deek was second only to Stokes in terms of contribution, consistency and importance. I was just talking in the context of Hughes' signings, that his positives outweighed any negatives from other players that he brought in.

You're 100% correct Stevie - Yogi deserves credit for signing Stokes. I think the problem is that every chance he gets, Yogi reminds us of that very fact. Naturally he is going to point out the positives of his reign - signed Stokes and got us into Europe. I've no problem with that and acknowledge these things as good achievements. What Yogi doesn't talk about (why would he, he's trying to get another job) is all the duds he signed and the eye bleeding football he had us playing. I can understand why folk dwell on the negatives - they hurt!

Oh aye and Big Eck definitely deserves praise for signing Russell and Franck :agree:

Don't get me wrong J, I haven't forgotten the horrendous time under Hughes, as there were many - there were times leaving ER under Hughes where I felt unbelievably depressed. I just want folk to be fair.

PISTOL1875
06-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Yep.

Source. Me.

I also seen and heard the incident with McBride... Stunned by the way talks to manager springs to mind..

I have another cracker regarding players and Yogi hurling abuse..

Davie Wotherspoon was on the right hand side of midfield and on the opposite side of the pitch to Hughes.. Hughes was trying to attract DW's attention by shouting over to him.. Hughes couldn't get his attention so shouted over to Derek Riordan.. Hughes told Riordan to tell David to '' stop giving the F***ing ball away.. Riordan inturn replied with '' tell him your f***ing self and don't f***ing speak to m like that....

I sit in row M of the west lower and everybody who heard it either in front and around me were in complete shock and amazement at what had just happened... Complete madness that a player should speak to a manager like that....

The Falcon
06-10-2011, 10:22 AM
I also seen and heard the incident with McBride... Stunned by the way talks to manager springs to mind..

I have another cracker regarding players and Yogi hurling abuse..

Davie Wotherspoon was on the right hand side of midfield and on the opposite side of the pitch to Hughes.. Hughes was trying to attract DW's attention by shouting over to him.. Hughes couldn't get his attention so shouted over to Derek Riordan.. Hughes told Riordan to tell David to '' stop giving the F***ing ball away.. Riordan inturn replied with '' tell him your f***ing self and don't f***ing speak to m like that....

I sit in row M of the west lower and everybody who heard it either in front and around me were in complete shock and amazement at what had just happened... Complete madness that a player should speak to a manager like that....

And how does it go with Calderwood? I know he doesn't get anywhere near as animated but there does seem to be a bit of interaction. The arrival of BB must have livened up the matchday experience in the West Lower. :greengrin

PISTOL1875
06-10-2011, 10:38 AM
And how does it go with Calderwood? I know he doesn't get anywhere near as animated bit there does seem to be a bit of interaction. The arrival of BB must have livened up the matchday experience in the West Lower. :greengrin

Well this season , you don't see as much now that the dug-outs have moved BUT I did see CC going beserk at Scott Thomson during the Dundee United match as ST was taking too long giving one the subs his instructions before he went on...

Last season between CC and Derek Adams was wierd.. For 2 guys who were meant to be a team , they hardly spoke a word to each other... Most of the dialogue was between CC , GE , AS and ST.. I felt that was a problem.. Many times CC and DA would have a chat about things then one of the affore-mentioned would pipe up and then it the plan seemed to get shelfed... A case of too many cooks...............

There is no doubt in my mind however that CC under-estimated the job when he first came in.. His facial expressions would tell a story and you could see that he wanted out.. I honestly get the impression that he couldn't believe that he was left with a bunch of players who were just not good enough..

Maybe either that or with the majority of players out of contract at the end of last season , they just weren't pulling there weight when it came to 50/50 tackles and general play.. Maybe they were not commiting due to the fact , with there contracts up at the end of the season , one bad tackle could injury them severely and where would that leave them...????

The Falcon
06-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Well this season , you don't see as much now that the dug-outs have moved BUT I did see CC going beserk at Scott Thomson during the Dundee United match as ST was taking too long giving one the subs his instructions before he went on...

Was there any backchat from Scott?

Agree about DA and CC, they looked strange bedfellows as in they are very similar types and BB looks a better fit. At least CC knows BB so I suppose that's a start.

PISTOL1875
06-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Was there any backchat from Scott?

Agree about DA and CC, they looked strange bedfellows as in they are very similar types and BB looks a better fit. At least CC knows BB so I suppose that's a start.

No there was no backchat no.. After the sub had went on and it all settled down again , he did acknowledge to somebody else ( who I can't remember ) that he had just been spoken to like a piece of crap.. He had a face like thunder for the rest of the game as well....

Phil D. Rolls
06-10-2011, 05:23 PM

Stats shmatts

Is this right?

Peevemor
06-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Is this right?

Lexo's last game in charge was a 3-1 defeat to Hearts on 28/09/96, Jocky Scott took over and won his first match 2-1 against the Huns, he continued (stookie an' aw) until Duff Jimmy's first match - a 4-0 defeat by the yams on January 1st 1997.

The starting line up that day was Leighton, W. Miller, Love, Millen, Grant, Hunter, Cameron, Wright, Harper, D. Jackson & McGinlay. Thankfully he was allowed to snap up loads of 1st division players to prepare us for , eh, the 1st division.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/team_results_season.php?from=122&competition=0&update=Update

nortonhibby
06-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Lexo's last game in charge was a 3-1 defeat to Hearts on 28/09/96, Jocky Scott took over and won his first match 2-1 against the Huns, he continued (stookie an' aw) until Duff Jimmy's first match - a 4-0 defeat by the yams on January 1st 1997.

The starting line up that day was Leighton, W. Miller, Love, Millen, Grant, Hunter, Cameron, Wright, Harper, D. Jackson & McGinlay. Thankfully he was allowed to snap up loads of 1st division players to prepare us for , eh, the 1st division.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/team_results_season.php?from=122&competition=0&update=Update

CC Will not be beaten by the duffster its close but CC Just gets his nose in front:flag:

matty_f
06-10-2011, 07:57 PM
CC Will not be beaten by the duffster its close but CC Juat gets hid nose in front:flag: Good point, well made. :agree:

Kato
06-10-2011, 10:18 PM

Is this right?

Apologies. Not scared to say some of my marbles my be a bit loose.

Forgot all about Jocky The Janny as well, funny period for Hibs getting shot of Mogadon.

Anyway some part of my point still stands - Duffy's employment came at a very different set of circumstances for Hibs.

nortonhibby
07-10-2011, 10:59 PM
compared against
Apologies. Not scared to say some of my marbles my be a bit loose.

Forgot all about Jocky The Janny as well, funny period for Hibs getting shot of Mogadon.

Anyway some part of my point still stands - Duffy's employment came at a very different set of circumstances for Hibs.

Duff v CC History will tell who was worse:confused:

R'Albin
08-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Good point, well made. :agree:

:greengrin

IWasThere2016
09-10-2011, 02:18 AM

Last season between CC and Derek Adams was wierd.. For 2 guys who were meant to be a team , they hardly spoke a word to each other... Most of the dialogue was between CC , GE , AS and ST.. I felt that was a problem.. Many times CC and DA would have a chat about things then one of the affore-mentioned would pipe up and then it the plan seemed to get shelfed... A case of too many cooks...............

There is no doubt in my mind however that CC under-estimated the job when he first came in.. His facial expressions would tell a story and you could see that he wanted out.. I honestly get the impression that he couldn't believe that he was left with a bunch of players who were just not good enough..

Maybe either that or with the majority of players out of contract at the end of last season , they just weren't pulling there weight when it came to 50/50 tackles and general play.. Maybe they were not commiting due to the fact , with there contracts up at the end of the season , one bad tackle could injury them severely and where would that leave them...????

Helps that CC wanted/selected BB, and didnae have that wee weirdo DA selected from him by RP :wink:

Duff Jimmy inherited a better team in better spirit than the mess left for CC. It'll come good under CC/BB they need time through the next window also to improve the defence.

Speedway
10-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Yoghurt's now in the running for the Bristol City job. He's up against Derek McInnes, Mark Robins, Dave Jones, Sean O'Driscoll and Peppa Pig.

What do you think his chances are?

nortonhibby
10-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Yoghurt's now in the running for the Bristol City job. He's up against Derek McInnes, Mark Robins, Dave Jones, Sean O'Driscoll and Peppa Pig.

I Doubt that Yogi wil manage at a decent level again, he may get a go at a Berwick type club but not at any decent level again.:confused:

IWasThere2016
11-10-2011, 03:25 AM

Bottom of the list IMHO - even if the first four withdraw.

Danderhall Hibs
11-10-2011, 12:09 PM

I doubt it. I've no idea what Robins or O'Driscoll are like but I'd imagine Jones might be an expensive punt for a serial failure. On top of that Yogi's record up here is better than McInnes'

JimBHibees
11-10-2011, 03:24 PM

Yep you might be right Peppa's little brother George looks like he would take a bit of managing. :greengrin