£20 adults
£10 rest

will do nothing to get fans to go

Hermit Crab
28-09-2011, 04:42 PM
£20 adults
£10 rest

I dont think thats too bad considering its usually £28 for and adult and £15 or £16 for a bairn or oap for cat A games. The game being on council tv wont help though.

declan macmanus
28-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Loving the cup top up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Franck is God
28-09-2011, 05:32 PM
I have the cup top up too but £20 for a quarter final of a national tournament against Celtic is pretty decent.

iwasthere1972
28-09-2011, 05:40 PM
£20 adults
£10 rest

Think the prices are fair. I would rather pay £20 to watch Hibs play Celtic in the cup than £22 to watch us against St Mirren etc etc.

Shame the game is on the telly because I can see the attendance being as low as 10,000.

hibeedonald
29-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Think the prices are fair. I would rather pay £20 to watch Hibs play Celtic in the cup than £22 to watch us against St Mirren etc etc.

Shame the game is on the telly because I can see the attendance being as low as 10,000.

will be a bit higher as celtic will sell out

The Sea-gull
29-09-2011, 11:57 AM
will be a bit higher as celtic will sell out

Disagree. Their support is down in number too these days and they will have the exact same misgivings about paying £20 to watch a telly game.

Can see there sizeable spaces in all stands for this one.

As has been said £20 down from £28 is a reasonable offer but had it been £15 for adults and £7.50 for kids with a bit of advertising it may have seen a bigger crowd.

Green and white
29-09-2011, 12:09 PM
If they made it constantly £10 for kids £14 for adults your going to fill out most weeks. It's a shame RP doesn't agree. I for one will be watching it on the tele because for me to travel from Port Glasgow > Glasgow > Edinburgh and then pay for a ticket, your looking at a £60 day out just for myself. Hopefully next year I will get my year 2 HND in Telford and move back to the capital, acquire a season ticket and life will be perfect. Until I need to settle for cup ties on the tele.

marinello59
29-09-2011, 12:32 PM
If they made it constantly £10 for kids £14 for adults your going to fill out most weeks. It's a shame RP doesn't agree. I for one will be watching it on the tele because for me to travel from Port Glasgow > Glasgow > Edinburgh and then pay for a ticket, your looking at a £60 day out just for myself. Hopefully next year I will get my year 2 HND in Telford and move back to the capital, acquire a season ticket and life will be perfect. Until I need to settle for cup ties on the tele.

No we wouldn't. Win matches well and we will fill the place for most games.

Green and white
29-09-2011, 01:22 PM
No we wouldn't. Win matches well and we will fill the place for most games.

Hibernian has the most expensive prices in the SPL. Our ticket prices are the highest outside the old firm and our merchandise is the most expensive in the country. So dropping the prices down would increase the attendance although so would playing good football.

JoJo_07
29-09-2011, 08:06 PM
£20 adults
£10 rest

Mind that the gate money after expenses will be split for this so probably needed Celtics permission to drop prices. Not sure the way the TV is split though. Perhaps NOT Hibs fault on what is being charged.

Sammy7nil
29-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Hibs as usual miss a great Opportunity.

I would have gone for £10 flat price no consessions, advertised it as lets fill the stadium for the 1st time.

Okay Celtic may not agree but we could have asked, the game is on BBC not SKY there will be under 12,000 at the game a missed opportunity

madabouthibs
29-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Yup, still too dear.
Even if they went with a father and son for £25, that would be a bit of an attractive incentive. :confused:
Still got the £1.50 a ticket booking fee as well...... :rolleyes:

Oh well, GGTTH! :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
29-09-2011, 10:20 PM
I've seen on the BBC website that it's a 7.15 kick off is that right?

matty_f
29-09-2011, 11:11 PM
I've seen on the BBC website that it's a 7.15 kick off is that right?

It is indeed.:agree:

SRHibs
29-09-2011, 11:19 PM
To be honest, the £10 student prices have definitely persuaded me to go. Well, that and the fact we've actually managed to win a game recently so I'm feeling a little bit more positive about all things Hibs.

Call me a fair-weather fan all you want.:wink:

Bayern Bru
29-09-2011, 11:46 PM
How can anyone guarantee that if it was £10 a ticket it would sell out?

It's a Wednesday night and it's on TV.

It could be free and some folk still wouldn't go.

Wakeyhibee
29-09-2011, 11:48 PM

Doubt it, also the tache would rather have 10000 paying £20 than 12000 paying £14. TV only adds to the current malaise in Scottish football £5 wouldn't entice 20000 at the moment

drifter533814
30-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Unless we can attract 15000+ ER will always look empty. We have had crowds of 12000+ and it still looks terrible, and with prices today I just cannot see that happening.
As someone said before thank you for the cup top up.

basehibby
30-09-2011, 12:29 AM
I dont think thats too bad considering its usually £28 for and adult and £15 or £16 for a bairn or oap for cat A games. The game being on council tv wont help though.

:agree: Especially considering it's a LC QF which, if won would blow the competition wide open and give us a decent chance of actually winning the competition!

Regardless of league form/manager/anything else we should look upon this tie as what it is - a chance to experience some genuine excitement after what's been an extremely dour and depressing period in the recent history of Hibernian FC.

I think the pricing is pretty good for what's a very attractive cup tie and hope the fans will respond and turn out in force to try and drive the team on to victory. Calderwood will ulitimately live or die by his league form, so whatever you think of him, I'd urge all Hibees to take advantage of a decent deal and get along and support the team rather than watch it in the boozer.