PDA

View Full Version : Brown Wont Start ............

Sammy7nil
28-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Brown Wont Start tonight but he should.

Brown is imho our best keeper by some way, if it is to be believed Stack is in because he is a good communicator. He may well be but I would rather have a good goal keeper and Stack is no better than average.

We have shed far too many soft goals and Stack has been at fault for some.

Good communicator = Lose lots of goals

Lets try

Better Goal Keeper = Lets see

Wotherspiniesta
28-09-2011, 11:40 AM
We lose just as many goals we do with Brown in goals as we do with Stack.

Stack is a good keeper but it's not surprising that his form has dipped due to what he see's going on infront of him.

For the first time in years, I believe we have two good, competent keepers. The problem is the four that are playing in front of them are constantly letting them down.

Spudster
28-09-2011, 11:47 AM
I find it mindblowing that people regard Stack anywhere near as good as Brown.

Golden Bear
28-09-2011, 11:55 AM

:agree:

Stevie Reid
28-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Stack was excellent during our winning run last year but has cost us goals this season. The pressure was on him to perform on Saturday after Brown's excellent performance in midweek and he failed miserably, definitely costing us one goal, arguably two. It wouldn't be fair to Brown not to play him tonight, and Stack can have no complaints at being dropped.

Albion Hibs
28-09-2011, 12:20 PM
I thought Stack could have done better for the first and most certainly the third on saturday, other than that he was pish for the first against Celtic and to be honest off the top of my head I dont remember any other really bad ones.

He was held in pretty hard regard last season, and at the begining of this season. Brown on the other hand was hammered for his kicking, which was rank. All of a sudden there appears to be a lot of calls for brown, considering only around 500 people could have seen his performance against Motherwell there appears to be an awful lot of support for the unknown!

My view is that we should stick with Stack! He has consistantly shown to be a far better keeper. And whilst his poor performance followed a stand out from brown I think we would benefit more from letter Stack make amense and keeping Brown ready, probably sitting pretty confident on the bench.

Judas Iscariot
28-09-2011, 12:25 PM

I find it mindblowing that people regard Brown anywhere near as good as Stack.

hard as 19
28-09-2011, 12:40 PM

Whilst i believe Stack is the better keeper than Brown, we have to accept that these guys make mistakes now and again like any player. Inevitably that results in a goal because of the position they play.

The answer is not to drop them after everyone but go with some consistency. Calderwood did this when he first came by giving them all a game for a number of weeks and then choose Stack as No 1.

Besides, how long would it be before all these boys that are saying swap to Brown would be on here moaning about his kicking??? :wink:

Stevie Reid
28-09-2011, 01:00 PM
I was one of the ones that was complaining about Brown's kicking last season because it was atrocious at times, but he deserves a chance now. It has often been talked about on here that experienced players can help us out of these troubled times - with that in mind, Stack is 30 and has made 104 appearances in his career, whilst Brown is the same age and has made 246.

I agreed with Stack starting the season as our number one, but Saturday is the last thing that he needed after Brown's midweek performance - Stack was definitely culpable for the first goal on Saturday, if we hold onto the lead for more than a few minutes then things may have turned out differently, and he definitely could have done better for the 3rd. Overall this season he has made some good saves, but cost us the first goal against Celtic, and had a few shaky moments against Aberdeen, and probably could have dealt better with Dunfermline's equaliser the other week - add that to Saturday's performance and I think that Brown deserves his chance.

Ultimately there is little point in having competition for places if we are not going to give a chance to the guy who is waiting in the wings. He may not be the answer forever, but we should utilise our two goalkeepers when we need to.

JimBHibees
28-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Personally would keep Stack in as think he is the better keeper. Not sure Brown was exceptional at Motherwell, he had a couple of good saves and also saved arguably two very poor penalties in the shootout. I also struggle to forget how poor he is off the ground.

Stack was poor on Saturday though I think he is a better influence on the defence as he appears more confident. He wont get away with many more displays such as Saturday however at this time when we are stuggling would be against dropping him just yet.

Hibee87
28-09-2011, 01:16 PM
The distribution from the 2 is what i find unbelievable.......stack 9 time out of 10 will hoof the ball as far up the pitch as he can brown 9 time out of 10 will pass out to the full backs. IMO both are decent keeps and if stack is to be number 1 he needs to learn to throw the ball out wide more instead of his pointing to the bylines and every player knows its a punt. obviuosly yo ucant play from the back every time but on to many occasions ive seen stack with the ball in hand and one of our players on the byline but he opts to hold on till everyone is up the feild instead of the quick distribution out wide.

GGTTH

MrSmith
28-09-2011, 01:41 PM

Bang on agree! Like stakky loads but...Brown for No.1