View Full Version : games moved

SteveHFC
28-09-2011, 10:21 AM
rangers home game now 12:30 sat dec 10
aberdeen away now 12:30 sat 17 dec :grr:
hearts home 2 jan now 12:15

MartinfaePorty
28-09-2011, 10:33 AM
No real surprise with Rangers and Hearts games.12.30 Aberdeen near Christmas is just ridiculous.

SteveHFC
28-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Aberdeen near Christmas is just ridiculous.

yep chances of cheap rail travel will be limited

hibsbollah
28-09-2011, 10:37 AM
If theres one thing i could change about modern football it would be early kickoffs. Absolutely hate them.

Chuck Rhoades
28-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Why do we always get shafted with Dons away? Early kick-offs, Sundays or Monday nights! Joke.

www.sect43.co.uk

Dashing Bob S
28-09-2011, 10:38 AM
The Yams game is the big one and I don't think it's too bad. Still a holiday and will keep the New Year spirit on the go. Early enough to go to a New Years day party and head straight through to the game. Means Hoggers will have to be a little quieter though.

I predict some casualties that morning.

Huns/Dons games will have phone-box style attendances thanks to this move.

DaveF
28-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Hmmm, a bit pissed off with the Aberdeen game being moved as was looking forward to a day out for that one. Could be very difficult now with an early start......

JimBHibees
28-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Dont see any reason for the Hearts game to be such an awful kick off time.

JimBHibees
28-09-2011, 10:59 AM
If theres one thing i could change about modern football it would be early kickoffs. Absolutely hate them.

Coudlnt agree more they are awful.

SteveHFC
28-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Hmmm, a bit pissed off with the Aberdeen game being moved as was looking forward to a day out for that one. Could be very difficult now with an early start......

8:30 train gets in at 11:00 £205 for 4 at moment

.Sean.
28-09-2011, 11:02 AM
We've been away to Aberdeen at that time a few times I recent years, it's an absolute ****ing disgrace. Fine if you fancy sitting in your hoose and tuning in, but what about those of us who like heading up and making a day out of it? Pretty pissed off with this decision, to be honest.

NOLA
28-09-2011, 11:06 AM
no wonder attendances are down all over the league, derek McInnes was spot on saying we have sold our souls to the tv gods :(

StevieC
28-09-2011, 11:16 AM
All I need is for SKY to move the Newcastle v Man Utd game to 5.15pm on the 2nd and I'll get my long awaited wish of getting to see both my teams play on the same day.

:greengrin

Bristolhibby
28-09-2011, 11:18 AM

Wheres this info from, very muce considering flying up for the derby.

J

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-09-2011, 11:21 AM
We've been away to Aberdeen at that time a few times I recent years, it's an absolute ****ing disgrace. Fine if you fancy sitting in your hoose and tuning in, but what about those of us who like heading up and making a day out of it? Pretty pissed off with this decision, to be honest. Just go out in Sheepyland after the game, problem solved!

Carheenlea
28-09-2011, 11:22 AM
I'm sure I'm not alone in having pencilled in Aberdeen as a pre/Christmas day out on the train. Not quite so appealing now.

Great news for armchair fans, not so good for the supporters.

As long as people keep subscribing excessive subscription fees to these TV companies, nothing going to be changing anytime soon.

Cabbage East
28-09-2011, 11:29 AM
I'm sure I'm not alone in having pencilled in Aberdeen as a pre/Christmas day out on the train. Not quite so appealing now.

Great news for armchair fans, not so good for the supporters.

As long as people keep subscribing excessive subscription fees to these TV companies, nothing going to be changing anytime soon.

Exactly.

****** off Sky/ESPN/SPL.

Jay
28-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Just checked and I can take me and the wee boy on the train on Fri night, stay in a Travel Lodge and return train on Sat afternoon for £69.00.

hibbymac
28-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Wheres this info from, very muce considering flying up for the derby.

J

Official site.

Hibs Class
28-09-2011, 11:44 AM
We've been away to Aberdeen at that time a few times I recent years, it's an absolute ****ing disgrace. Fine if you fancy sitting in your hoose and tuning in, but what about those of us who like heading up and making a day out of it? Pretty pissed off with this decision, to be honest.

:agree: Even worse for the Dunfermline fans who want to watch their team in Aberdeen this weekend - moved from Sat 3pm to Fri night at 7.45pm.

Gatecrasher
28-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Football as a spectator sport in scotland is getting worse. Its almost as if they dont want you to attend the game and to watch it on tv (infact that most likely is the plan).:rolleyes:

Bristolhibby
28-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Official site.

Cheers.

I stupidly looked on the iPhone app, thinking it would be up to date.

J

we are hibs
28-09-2011, 11:49 AM
the old firm game has been moved to a 7:45 kickoff on the 28th of dec

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=10655

PatHead
28-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Are these games on Sky or ESPN?

hibsbollah
28-09-2011, 11:57 AM

Thats unusual isnt it? Plenty of opportunities for sectarian-fuelled pregame drinking, domestic violence incidents later etc etc. I think they should play it at 6.30am on a Tuesday on the Isle of Man.

SteveHFC
28-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Are these games on Sky or ESPN?

hearts on sky other 2 on espn

Frazerbob
28-09-2011, 11:59 AM

You still can. A few of my crowd have booked an over nighter. Pleanty cheap hotels rooms available and train/Mega Bus or share a car.

IndieHibby
28-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Just checked and I can take me and the wee boy on the train on Fri night, stay in a Travel Lodge and return train on Sat afternoon for £69.00.

Your boy is a lucky wee man! :aok:

WellingtonHibby
28-09-2011, 12:25 PM
suits us folk down under! Means we can watch the game at a reasonable hour!

hibsbollah
28-09-2011, 12:29 PM
suits us folk down under! Means we can watch the game at a reasonable hour!

Brighton isnt in Australia last time i checked...or is this a gay reference?

MB62
28-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Tonight's game against St, Johnstone is another example of incredibly bad timing. Whilst a lot of people will have been paid today, there's plenty others who don't get paid until tomorrow or Friday and won't be able to make the game tonight for financial reasons.

LancashireHibby
28-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Thats unusual isnt it? Plenty of opportunities for sectarian-fuelled pregame drinking, domestic violence incidents later etc etc. I think they should play it at 6.30am on a Tuesday on the Isle of Man.

Bit harsh on the Manx....how about playing it in Belfast?

Will have to wait until the Holiday train times come out before I know I can go to the rearranged Hearts game.

.Sean.
28-09-2011, 03:15 PM
You still can. A few of my crowd have booked an over nighter. Pleanty cheap hotels rooms available and train/Mega Bus or share a car. Not that easy, we can't all take days off work when we feel like it. But hey, when did the idiots that make these downright stupid decisions ever consider the supporters?

hibbysam
28-09-2011, 04:08 PM

Absolute bollocks that one!! The day of my birthday so if I want to head out on the town or even to my local i've got to put up with hundreds of these mungrels causing trouble on every second street in Scotland!

As for the hibs games getting moved, the Hearts game doesn't bother me that much as New Year will still be in full swing, a tad like last year on New Years Day, but the Aberdeen game is a joke!

Hermit Crab
28-09-2011, 04:37 PM

Loady pash eh. Especially the Aberdeen game considering we are away to Dundee Utd on the 24th Dec as well although thats a 3pm game at the moment

greenlex
28-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Thats unusual isnt it? Plenty of opportunities for sectarian-fuelled pregame drinking, domestic violence incidents later etc etc. I think they should play it at 6.30am on a Tuesday on the Isle of Man. Nothing to do with anything but some of the worst sectarian violence I have e er seen was in Douglas on tbe Isle of man. It was a number of years ago when marching was banned in Northern Ireland and all the dafties went to IOM in July for the marching season.

Frazerbob
28-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Not that easy, we can't all take days off work when we feel like it. But hey, when did the idiots that make these downright stupid decisions ever consider the supporters?

Welcome to my World, you're describing every game for me!

WellingtonHibby
29-09-2011, 06:49 AM
Brighton isnt in Australia last time i checked...or is this a gay reference? pal, if your mind see's gay references in the most innocuous of statements that between you and your shrink, the rest of the folk might infer that i have since moved and now live in Oz, There is also a brighton near Melbourne, you should check again!

green&left
29-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Anyone having any luck with the trains to Aberdeen? Cheapest i've seen is £51 return and there appears to be nae Friends Fare...

And ***** Sky/ESPN

OtterHibee
29-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Had it with these early kick offs!

No danger am I going to Pittodrie that early yet again. Will take an extra Saturday shift instead.

Meant to be working until 5pm on 2 January as well. Was counting on the derby being an evening KO. Dilemmas, dilemmas!

marinello59
29-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Had it with these early kick offs!

No danger am I going to Pittodrie that early yet again. Will take an extra Saturday shift instead.

Meant to be working until 5pm on 2 January as well. Was counting on the derby being an evening KO. Dilemmas, dilemmas!

i do agree it ain't ideal but it's only two and a half hours earlier. It could make for a better day out, watch the match then spend a few hours enjoying the City Centre bars in Aberdeen before heading back down to Edinburgh.