PDA

View Full Version : NHC Carlos Tevez....again.....

The_Exile
27-09-2011, 10:59 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15085003.stm

What top club would be mental enough to take this liability onto their books?

lapsedhibee
27-09-2011, 11:21 PM

Manure did. Are you implying they're not a top club? :dunno:

McHibby
27-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Exactly. He may well get his wish and engineer a move away from City (though if i was Roberto I'd have him cleaning boots with the youth players for the rest of his contract), but he has just acted like a petulant school bairn on one of the biggest stages in football. Who'd be daft enough to take him knowing he may drop you in the sh*t in such a spectacular way the next time he's in the huff.

Haymaker
28-09-2011, 01:49 AM
Manure did. Are you implying they're not a top club? :dunno:

And released him at the end of his loan contract.

As a West Ham sympathiser I will always have a soft spot for the man BUT at the same time it is quite clear the man is a dick of the highest order.

As for the question of who will pick him up... well people have said that about Craig Bellemy, El Haj Diouf, Joey Barton etc... I am sure a big(ish) club will take a punt on him... well... maybe.

MWHIBBIES
28-09-2011, 02:03 AM
You really have to wonder how much money it takes to make someone happy. He should be f.ing ashamed of his behaviour tonight and should apologise to the City fans.

CFC
28-09-2011, 05:22 AM
Good points, the likes of Mourinho, Pep, Ferguson et al would never touch a malcontent like this with a 10 ft bargepole after that episode. Maybe somebody like Juve would take a gamble on him (theyve failed to qualify for the champs league 2 years in a row) thats if they can afford his wages. My guess is he will end up back at Boca.

Bristolhibby
28-09-2011, 07:42 AM
What I don't understand is that Tevez wants a move for family reasons. As I understand he has split with his wife so never sees his kids. Understandable.

So why would it be possible for you Carlos to move to any club in Europe, as you will still have the same problem of being thousands of miles from your children.

It's Argentina or nothing, and the wage structure that goes with it.

No lucrative European contracts. That's if the kids reason is real and he isn't a money grabbing barsteward.

J

Hibs7
28-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Another prima donna that does not deserve the skill he has been given.

Dashing Bob S
28-09-2011, 07:56 AM
Hibernian, for one.

Send the little pest up here, please.

CalgaryHibs
28-09-2011, 07:59 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15085003.stm

No one now, total idiot

DaveF
28-09-2011, 08:08 AM
He has released a statement saying he didn't refuse to play and there was some sort of mis-communication on the bench.

Aye, I'm sure there was :greengrin

Stevie Reid
28-09-2011, 08:37 AM
I wrote this in a thread about Tevez on here back in June: -

Watched the story about this on SSN this morning. Great player though he is, Tevez is a t!t. Never understood the situation at Manchester United - he said he wanted to stay, Man Utd agreed to pay £25M for him and offered him a 5 year contract on top whack, yet he then signs for Manchester City. Whilst it provided a great laugh for those who despise Man Utd, it just smacked of attention seeking behaviour by a trouble maker.

Now he's being hugely disrespectful to a city where all the supporters have at one time idolised him, and a club that are playing him exhorbitant wages. As others have said, why not just **** off back home and play for free if things are that bad? He's been in the UK for 5 years and has obviously either made no attempt to learn English, or just was unable to do so - he gets no sympathy at all for feeling isolated when he seems to have made no efforts to connect culturally.

FWIW, I believe that Tevez is the stereotypical stupid footballer, who hasn't bothered to learn English because he seems to lack the ability to articulate his emotions in his own language - so in that case, why bother being inarticulate in two? If he can't entertain himself with the amount of free time and disposable income that he has, he's seriously lacking in the intelligence department.

No point writing it again - the guy's an @rsehole. I can barely imagine what it must be like getting paid £200K a week to pay football, never mind being paid that much and refusing to go on for half an hour of a vital Champions League game.

Dashing Bob S
28-09-2011, 08:50 AM
I wrote this in a thread about Tevez on here back in June: -

No point writing it again - the guy's an @rsehole. I can barely imagine what it must be like getting paid £200K a week to pay football, never mind being paid that much and refusing to go on for half an hour of a vital Champions League game.

I'd agree, it's beyond the comprehension of most of us who would love to play at that level. The only time I'd succumb to that sort of behaviour in the Champions League might be if I was proudly draped in the colours of Heart of Midlothian.

TornadoHibby
28-09-2011, 09:00 AM
There is no doubt that this guy has lost touch with reality for reasons presently unknown to people like us and is now behaving irrationally in relation to his employer, his employment, himself and the City fans!:agree:

He needs to be brought into the real world where very very few people earn in a year what he earns in a week and the "average" person in the UK earns something near to a tenth of his weekly wage as their annual wage and for working in much more restrictive and sometimes unpleasant conditions to earn that smaller sum than he as a "top" footballer does! :confused:

His ability is unquestionable but he seems to believe now that he dictates what he does and when and not his employer and that usually ends up with only one winner and it won't be him IMO! :wink:

City have sufficient resources to cope with his sell on value plummeting as a result of this latest behaviour and I would not be surprised if they took a stand with Tevez and made him train with the youngsters daily for the rest of his contract and keep him out of the media spotlight until people forget about him! At least I hope that they do! :confused:

He is everything bad about overpaid prima donnas who believe that they can do anything they feel they want to and whenever they want to just because their wealth has introduced them to that horrible trait known as "arrogance"! There are quite a few of them playing in the EPL but this is one of the worst examples of the arrogance aspect so far I believe! :agree:

TornadoHibby
28-09-2011, 09:01 AM
I'd agree, it's beyond the comprehension of most of us who would love to play at that level. The only time I'd succumb to that sort of behaviour in the Champions League might be if I was proudly draped in the colours of Heart of Midlothian.

Proudly Bob?!!!! :greengrin :wink:

Dashing Bob S
28-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Proudly Bob?!!!! :greengrin :wink:

Well, I'd be proud if I refused to go on under the full glare of the cameras. Quote would be: "I'm not going to kick a ball for those *unts."

TRC
28-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Good points, the likes of Mourinho, Pep, Ferguson et al would never touch a malcontent like this with a 10 ft bargepole after that episode. Maybe somebody like Juve would take a gamble on him (theyve failed to qualify for the champs league 2 years in a row) thats if they can afford his wages. My guess is he will end up back at Boca.

Ferguson did take him on, after similar episodes in his home land and the ridiculous situation with West Ham. But this has all been created by the money thrown at football these days. Football should yet again take a leaf out of the Rugby model, wage caps would make all this go away and I see no reason why not. People will say that is discrimination, as other professions don't have similar pay structures say £75000 as an upper celling limit. However Tevez should be hung out to dry, I'm sorry but if i refuse to do my job i get fired, why should this idiot be any different.

basehibby
28-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Surely Man C should be sueing Tevez over this - I would have thought there should be a number of avenues to explore..

1) straight forward breach of contract
2) for the transfer fee they had to shell out to get him
3) loss of earnings to the club - starting with CL bonuses in this match and increasing with all underperformance that could be attributed to their star player's deliberate inaction.

If Tevez was to end up bankrupting himself because of his pathetic strops then he might think twice about doing the same again.

Albion Hibs
28-09-2011, 12:37 PM
The guy is a twat of the highest order. I dont think that there will be anyone defending him, even that weirdo agent that "owned" him that the moody little b&tch that he is. There are not many people in the world that make my Mrs look happy with life and seem to provide less hassle, but this guy does it without even trying.

Man City hold all the cards, either;

- Find the rankest little town/dump in England, maybe even europe and send the boy there,
- If he refuses get him in training at night, see how he likes that,
- Finally just sue the pr&ck for everything he has and send him home without a pot to pash in.

I have no dount the "i want to be closer to my family" is perhaps similar to the Bamba one...ie a load of crap so he is probably looking for a move elsewhere and just hoping to get himself closer to the door.

The_Exile
28-09-2011, 12:40 PM
The thing that would worry me if I was Carlos Tevez (apart from being a pr!ck), would be that when the loan deal at United ended, what was the asking price then? £25million wasn't it? and only City looked interested, now the asking price is closer to £40million? But after the way he's conducted himself for the best part of a year I think City will actually need to either a) sack him, or b) take a mahoosive drop in the fee to even tempt someone to take him.

Baader
28-09-2011, 04:17 PM
I'd liked to have seen what Shanks would have done with him :thumbsup::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USkAmJ_N4m0

marleyhib
28-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Limavady United

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-15093522

YehButNoBut
28-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Manchester City have suspended Carlos Tevez after it was alleged he refused to appear as a substitute in the 2-0 defeat by Bayern Munich. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14982446.stm)

Tevez, 27, who said the dispute was a "misunderstanding", (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15086878.stm) is suspended until further notice for a maximum of two weeks while the club investigate.

"The player's suspension is pending a full review into his alleged conduct," said a City statement. (http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2011/September/Carlos-Tevez-a-club-statement)

"The player will not be considered for selection or take part in training."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15101604.stm

YehButNoBut
26-10-2011, 07:19 AM
Looks like the Tevez story has taken a new twist as he is talking about suing Mancini for defamation of character, surely for both sides it would be better just to move him on asap.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlos Tevez may sue Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini for defamation of character, according to sources in the Argentine striker's camp. On Tuesday, City fined Tevez four weeks wages - about £1m - for what they say were five separate breaches of contract in a game against Bayern Munich.
A club investigation found Tevez guilty of refusing to play in the match.

But Tevez has been advised that Mancini's post-match comments (http://www.hibs.net/sport1/hi/football/15085003.stm) on the matter could amount to defamation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15455362.stm

easty
26-10-2011, 08:14 AM
Looks like the Tevez story has taken a new twist as he is talking about suing Mancini for defamation of character, surely for both sides it would be better just to move him on asap.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlos Tevez may sue Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini for defamation of character, according to sources in the Argentine striker's camp. On Tuesday, City fined Tevez four weeks wages - about £1m - for what they say were five separate breaches of contract in a game against Bayern Munich.
A club investigation found Tevez guilty of refusing to play in the match.

But Tevez has been advised that Mancini's post-match comments (http://www.hibs.net/sport1/hi/football/15085003.stm) on the matter could amount to defamation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15455362.stm

Does his t-shirt say Tevez Clothing on it? Didn't know he had a fashion label, though that could be cos the t-shirt is boggin!