Subs

Stack
Stephens
Hanlon
Thornhill
Sproule
Sodje
Agogo

Stack and Hanlon both culpable at weekend especially at 3rd when one of them should have taken control. Young Paul let the ball go right accross the 6 yard line again (maybe worried about another OG!!) and stack should have either been screaming at him to clear or coming and taking it himself.

Left back is a massive problem just now. As far as I am concerned Murray will be of far more use at CB. Booth far more suited for LM. As hanlon seems to have lost his confidence or the plot or maybe both only choice i can see is Lewis and I certainly aint convinced he will be any good.

Want to say we are going to win 2-1 but cannae see us not conceding at least 2 goals so more likely a 2-2 draw

JimBHibees
27-09-2011, 08:53 AM
GK - Stack

RB - Towell
RCB - O'Hanlon
LCB - Hanlon
LB - Murray

RM - Sproule
CM - Ozzy
CM - Palsson
LM - Scott

CF - GOC
CF - Agogo

Griffiths wont be fit IMO. Would play Ivan on the right as he is wasted on the left as he always cuts inside. Would bring Scott in to play left midfield for his energy. Would keep same goalie and defence as personally think we need to cut out the constant chopping and changing and give players a few games to play together.

Albion Hibs
27-09-2011, 09:31 AM
I dont think we can put Booth back in yet. The left side of defense was the cause of most of our recent goals. I thought Murray playing there stopped that and it seemed that Utd thought they could get more out of Towell and put a lot down that side, with there goals coming from the right / through the middle.

I am going on the assumption that Griffiths is not going to be fit, he looked in a lot of pain after the game on Saturday. If he is playing I would change it to accommodate him. Also disappointing that we are without Galbraith as without a doubt I would be starting with him. I dont see a lot of point playing Ivan on the left as when he goes by someone he has to cut the ball back onto his right foot to get a cross in which takes away the advantage of getting by a player.

Stack

Towell / O'Hanlon / Hanlon / Murray

Sproule / Osbourne / Scott

Agogo

Sodje / O'Connor

In being honest I have not seen St J play this season so shooting a bit blind for the line up. They seemed to bring most things through the middle with the strikers dropping deep and playing off. They dont look massive at the back so I would go for a bit of height and strengh with our three forwards, with Agogo and one of the other strikers dropping in to help the midfield.

GreenPJ
27-09-2011, 10:01 AM
We don't have good enough players to ask them to play the wrong position or on their wrong foot. For me I would go with

Brown
Wotherspoon
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Stevenson
Towell
Scott
Osbourne
Booth
GOC
Sodje/Agogo

.Sean.
27-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Brown; Towell, O'Hanlon, Murray, Stevenson; Sproule, Scott, Osbourne, Booth; O'Connor, Griffiths. Or alternatively, Boothy to left back, Stevenson in midfield for Osbourne, Griffiths wide left and Sodje up top with O'Connor.

MotherSuperior
27-09-2011, 10:45 AM
We don't have good enough players to ask them to play the wrong position or on their wrong foot. For me I would go withBrownWotherspoonO'HanlonHanlonStevensonTowellS cottOsbourneBoothGOCSodje/Agogo I like that team, it has a good balanced look to it.

thebakerboy
27-09-2011, 10:52 AM
As I have stated elsewhere several times I do not think we have a decent full back at the club so it must be time to fit the system to the players and not stick square pegs in round holes . My line up would then be as follows
Brown

O'Hanlon
Murray
Hanlon
Towell
Scott
Pallsson
Osbourne
Booth
O'Connor
Griffiths/Sodje

Murray sweeping and Towell and Booth as wing backs offering cover in defence and attack.
I don't think this will happen and team will be along the lines of

Stack

Towell
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Murray

Scott
Pallsson
Osbourne

Griffiths/Sproule
O'Connor
Aggogo

Reason is you don't change a drawing team unless Griffiths is injured.

Stevie Reid
27-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Stack should be dropped for sure - as you would hope, Brown put the pressure on him to perform with an excellent performance last Wednesday, and Stack failed to step up. 1st goal (definitely) and 3rd goal could and should have been prevented by him.

Franck is God
27-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Brown

Stephens---O'Hanlon---Hanlon

Towell----Osbourne----Palsson----Stevenson

Scott

O'Connor----Griffiths

For me I'm not dropping Stack, I would always play Brown anyway.

A back 3 when we have the ball, back 5 when defending. Sheridan wins a lot in the air so having someone sweeping should counter act anything he does win.

Stevenson & Towell primarily on as full backs but looking for overlaps when the situation is right and if Palsson sits to allow both Osbourne & Scott to support the front two.

Wotherspiniesta
27-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Brown

Wotherspoon Stephens O'Hanlon Booth

Towell Osbourne Scott Thornhill

Griffiths/Sodje O'Connor

GreenPJ
27-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Brown

Wotherspoon Stephens O'Hanlon Booth

Towell Osbourne Scott ThornhillGriffiths/Sodje O'Connor

Is he fit? Thought he was out for weeks?

lucky
27-09-2011, 01:33 PM
We don't have good enough players to ask them to play the wrong position or on their wrong foot. For me I would go with

Brown
Wotherspoon
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Stevenson
Towell
Scott
Osbourne
Booth
GOC
Sodje/Agogo

You say you don't want players playing out of position yet you would play spoon at right back!

Albion Hibs
27-09-2011, 01:34 PM
You say you don't want players playing out of position yet you would play spoon at right back!

And Towell at right midfield and Booth at left midfield.

GreenPJ
27-09-2011, 01:36 PM

I think that is where most people believe he has performed best and with Towell ahead of him should get some cover. Would happily switch him and Towell but Spoony has performed well at full back before and for a consistent period of time albeit not under this manager.

aussie_hibee
27-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Right to left

Brown

Towell
O'hanlon
Pallson
Murray

Sproule
Osbourne
Scott
Booth

O'Connor
Griffiths (Agogo if not fit)

SteveHFC
27-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Stack

Towell
Murray
O'Hanlon
Booth

Ivan
Osbourne
Palsson
Scott

O'Connor
Griffiths

duffers
27-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Right to left

Brown

Towell
O'hanlon
Pallson
Murray

Sproule
Osbourne
Scott
Booth

O'Connor
Griffiths (Agogo if not fit)

I would also like Pallson to start at CB!

Stack
Towel O'Hanlon Pallson Booth
Thornhill Osbourne Murray Scott
O'Connor Sodje

Although I think the team will be

Stack
Towel O'Hanlon Hanlon Murray
Sproule Pallson Osbourne Scott
O'Connor Agogo

duffers
27-09-2011, 06:47 PM
I know Griffiths went off injured on Saturday, but what is up with him? I didn't think it looked to serious when it happened

HibbyKeith
27-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Brown
Stevens O'Hanlon Hanlon

Towell Palsson Osbourne Booth

(?)

Agogo O'Connor

Would Like us to see us play 3-5-2

The Hurricane
27-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Brown
Stevens O'Hanlon Hanlon

Towell Palsson Osbourne Booth

(?)

Agogo O'Connor

Would Like us to see us play 3-5-2

Ive always liked the 3 5 2 system but for some reason no teams use it anymore dont know why thoughts

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-09-2011, 07:15 PM
GK - Brown

RB - Towell
RCB - Murray
LCB - O'Hanlon
LB - Stevenson

RM - Scott
CM - Ozzy
CM - Palsson
LM - Booth

CF - GOC
CF - Griffiths

Subs

Stack
Stephens
Hanlon
Thornhill
Sproule
Sodje
Agogo

Stack and Hanlon both culpable at weekend especially at 3rd when one of them should have taken control. Young Paul let the ball go right accross the 6 yard line again (maybe worried about another OG!!) and stack should have either been screaming at him to clear or coming and taking it himself.

Left back is a massive problem just now. As far as I am concerned Murray will be of far more use at CB. Booth far more suited for LM. As hanlon seems to have lost his confidence or the plot or maybe both only choice i can see is Lewis and I certainly aint convinced he will be any good.

Want to say we are going to win 2-1 but cannae see us not conceding at least 2 goals so more likely a 2-2 draw

Stevenson hasn't played, are you keen to risk him in such a game. Will he be match fit, has his stock risen since he was last played. Last time i checked he doesn't play cause he is average!!!

AlbertK86
27-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Stevenson hasn't played, are you keen to risk him in such a game. Will he be match fit, has his stock risen since he was last played. Last time i checked he doesn't play cause he is average!!!

No not keen to play him and no his stock hasn't risen. That was partly ma point. We are desperately short in full back position on both sides and he was a last resort.

Somebody else mentioned Palsson in to CH and keep Murray at LB. Sounds like another solution but I think we need Palsson's dig in midfield but happy to give it a try with Ozzy & Scott in centre with Ivan and Booth on the wings

erin go bragh
27-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Brown; Towell, O'Hanlon, Murray, Stevenson; Sproule, Scott, Osbourne, Booth; O'Connor, Griffiths. Or alternatively, Boothy to left back, Stevenson in midfield for Osbourne, Griffiths wide left and Sodje up top with O'Connor.

Stevenson for Osbourne :shocked: no thanks , ill go for

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Brown,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,
,,Towel,,Stephens,,,O`hanlon,,,Hanlon,,,
,,Scott,,,Horner,,,,Osbourne,,,Sproule,,,
.................O`connor,,, Agogo/Griffiths [if fit]

Bayern Bru
28-09-2011, 02:38 AM
Stack

Towell
O'Hanlon
Murray
Hanlon

Sproule
Ozzy
Palsson
Booth

GOC
Agogo

Subs: Brown, Sodje, Stephens, Scott, Wotherspoon, Stevenson, Caldwell.

Obviously this might change if Sparky is fit, but even so I reckon the most he'll get will be a seat on the bench if he does make it. Can't see CC risking him.

hibsbollah
28-09-2011, 07:11 AM
Its all about which team copes best in this Edinburgh searing indian summer heat.

Brown
Towell
OHanlon
Hanlon
Stevenson
Booth
Palsson
Osbourne
Scott
Sodje
GOC

3-2 Hibs. Or 2-3 Saints. No idea really.

TRC
28-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Ive always liked the 3 5 2 system but for some reason no teams use it anymore dont know why thoughts

Notice Napoli used the 3-5-2 yesterday they won 2-0 so we beat them 5-0 so if we use it we should be a stick on!!:greengrin

erin go bragh
28-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Notice Napoli used the 3-5-2 yesterday they won 2-0 so we beat them 5-0 so if we use it we should be a stick on!!:greengrin
Pearl diver on 7 nil then :greengrin

GGTTH