PDA

View Full Version : London: Hotel + Show

woodythehibee
26-09-2011, 08:52 PM
My girlfriends birthday is coming up soon and we are going to go to London for a few nights and see the Jersey Boys (She's been wanting to see it for ages!)

I can get trains cheap enough but could do with some advice for hotels and show tickets. I can buy tickets now but i hear there is a half price ticket booth and wondered if anyone has experience of this?

Also, looking for a reasonably priced hotel (which is hard to find in London). Obviously don't want it to be too far out but it does not have to be too central as the Tube system is decent. Anybody have any recommendations from your own experiences?

Cheers

Jay
26-09-2011, 09:40 PM
We are going to see Shrek the Musical on Oct. I ended up buying the tickets direct from the box office which was more expensive but I got to choose my seats. We are staying in a Travel Lodge beside the theatre. Hubby has stayed there and said its and older one but clean enough and very central so suited us. It was about £90 for the night for 4 of us including brekkie

Jack
26-09-2011, 09:55 PM
I used this lot many years ago, its good to see they are still going.

www.theatrebreaks.com/offers-London.aspx

Sorry if the link isn't live, I'm on my tab.

offshorehibby
27-09-2011, 02:02 PM
We usually stay at the Covent Garden Travelodge, there are 2 within 50 yards of each other and you can book into either. It's 5 mins walk from Oxford St, 5 mins down to Covent garden.

we're off down this weekend, already got tickets for Rock Of Ages and might do something else on the Saturday.

oconnors_strip
27-09-2011, 09:41 PM
I was in london last october and bought tickets for jersey boys on the day from an official discount booth in leicester square outside the odeon. think we saved over £20 for both tickets and got great seats.