PDA

View Full Version : Hospitality at Ibrox on Saturday

weecounty hibby
26-09-2011, 08:14 PM
I have been invited for the full hospitality gig on Saturday at Ibrox. Anyone been there before who can give me any tips on how to behave when we go 3-0 up again? :greengrin
Are the rich Huns just as vile and disgusting as the common or garden variety?

Sounded like a good idea when I was first invited but now as it gets nearer I'm just not sure if I can stomach being surrounded by them for pretty much a whole day.

SquashedFrogg
26-09-2011, 08:28 PM
I have been invited for the full hospitality gig on Saturday at Ibrox. Anyone been there before who can give me any tips on how to behave when we go 3-0 up again? :greengrin

Sounded like a good idea when I was first invited but now as it gets nearer I'm just not sure if I can stomach being surrounded by them for pretty much a whole day.

Just remember and use your fingers and not a knife and fork when eating and you'll be fine.

No such thing as rich huns. They've just managed to get bigger provy loans.

Kato
26-09-2011, 08:41 PM
give me any tips

I've got some felt tips you can have.

lucky
26-09-2011, 08:42 PM
It's excellent. But they are still huns so don't drop your guard

iwasthere1972
26-09-2011, 09:05 PM

So long as you pee in the wash hand basin you'll be accepted as one of them.

Barney McGrew
26-09-2011, 09:08 PM

I did hospitality there once and I thought they were even worse. Horrible, horrible, horrible people.

The food was alright mind :greengrin

Hibs Class
26-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Hun hospitality isn't anywhere near as good as what you can get at ER. I got hospitality at an OF match there a few years ago and the whole thing felt cheap and mass produced.

BoltonHibee
26-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Mass produced?

Was that at Celtic park?

blueisthecolour
26-09-2011, 09:38 PM

Don't go in using the hun word, you might no get back out or end up in a cell.

Jonnyboy
26-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Don go in using the hun word, you might no get back out or end up in a cell.

Could be awkward if he calls the waitress 'Hon'

.Sean.
26-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Three splendid Haddington chaps i'm pally with got thrown out when they stood up and quietly applauded an Anthony Stokes equaliser there a few years ago.

Well, I say 'quietly applauded', i've been told they actually went bananas... :greengrin :faf:

Personally, I wouldn't sit amongst dirty Hun cretins at Ibrox - I'll be in 'our' corner, and it's bad enough being as close to them there, nevermind rubbing shoulders with them. They're like a different race :sick:

Bishop Hibee
26-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Just don't order Eggs benedict :wink:

SanFranHibs
26-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Just try and act surprised !!!

:flag:

Sir David Gray
26-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Just try and act surprised !!!

:flag:

The good thing is, if those who go into their hospitality are anything like their other fans, there's unlikely to be any of them left by the time we go 3-0 up so it shouldn't be a problem to celebrate any way you like. :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
26-09-2011, 10:31 PM
Enjoyed some epic days out in the Ibrox hospitality, often guilty of thoroughly obnoxious behaviour (if it counted as such towards Huns). Favourite was the 3-0 cup game when the Huns were even too beaten down by circumstances to complain.

Always enjoyed it. But best to arrive very loaded up and act the James Blunt from the off.

The Harp
26-09-2011, 10:34 PM

I've never sampled hospitality Ibrox style but I've heard the food is reasonable which is more than can be said for the regular patrons.
It would be interesting to hear what your impressions are after your visit.

ronaldo7
27-09-2011, 08:27 AM
I've been to Hospitality three times at Ibrox. All different suites and different styles. It depends which suite you're in as to what you'll get. Some are 5 star treatment, with others doing a carvery.

One of the suites in the main stand was full on, top of the range grand master type. They knew we were hibbies as soon as we shook their hands. We got gobbed on in the main stand when we celebrated a Hibs goal. Fully suited and booted, but it didn't matter as you're in with the real hard core tubes.

One of the others was in the corner at the home end and we were met by Alex MacDonald as the host for the day. He'd spotted we were Hibbies by the end of the day, although when we celebrated the equaliser their was no unrest from the hoardes.

In every suite I've been to, they always tell you not to celebrate a goal. You just need to watch your back when going to the bogs.

Hope you enjoy your day, as the people in the suites usually keep to themselves, it's when you get out to watch the match that things become more spicy.

Kojock
27-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Are the rich Huns just as vile and disgusting as the common or garden variety? Sounded like a good idea when I was first invited but now as it gets nearer I'm just not sure if I can stomach being surrounded by them for pretty much a whole day.

A Hun is a Hun no matter how you dress it up.

Last season two Hibbies were removed from the Hospitality area and put in amongst the away support for their own safety.

Andy74
27-09-2011, 09:08 AM
I've been in the directors box a few times and its no better there.

Being a throughlly disgusting hun is almost forgivable when you are thick or disadvantaged. It becomes a far more worrying lifestyle choce from people who are actually better educated and privelaged.

Some of the most truly cretinous individuals that you will ever have the displeasure in seeing.

It's a vile organisiation and that's why for me the likes of Ian Murray can do one when talking about it being just making a living. There's plenty other places to make a living as a footballer to avoid representing that lot.

sidjames
27-09-2011, 09:35 AM
[QUOTE=Andy74;2930491]I've been in the directors box a few times and its no better there.

Being a throughlly disgusting hun is almost forgivable when you are thick or disadvantaged. It becomes a far more worrying lifestyle choce from people who are actually better educated and privelaged.

Some of the most truly cretinous individuals that you will ever have the displeasure in seeing.

It's a vile organisiation and that's why for me the likes of Ian Murray can do one when talking about it being just making a living. There's plenty other places to make a living as a footballer to avoid representing that lot.[/QUOTE

I was spat on by a well dressed woman in the main stand once. I don't think I could suffer it seeing as it hard to enjoy one's dinner with the dry boak!
One thing I have never understood is this dress code nonsense. It's a football game not a wedding! So on those grounds alone I would be refused entry. Another thing I've never understood is this smart casual thing!! What is that then a suit with no tie? A tie with no suit or what?

Keith_M
27-09-2011, 09:48 AM
I remember reading an account by Michael Kelly of going to the OF game at Ibrox when they had banned visiting fans. He was invited to go into hospitality and his comment on the behaviour of fellow guests, all Rangers Fans, was along the lines of..

'they expect the utmost in etiquette to get in that section. A tie is absolutely compulsory'.

Made me laugh at least, poor guy. :greengrin

Keith_M
27-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Actually, you should go. Record the behaviour of these people with a mobile phone and stick it on YouTube.

Steve20
27-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Personally, I wouldn't sit amongst dirty Hun cretins at Ibrox - I'll be in 'our' corner, and it's bad enough being as close to them there, nevermind rubbing shoulders with them. They're like a different race :sick:

They are actually not that bad. However, as a Hibs supporter, I'm not meant to say that am i? :rolleyes:

I have a couple of family members and friends who are Rangers season ticket holders and they are perfectly nice people.

.Sean.
27-09-2011, 10:51 AM
They are actually not that bad. However, as a Hibs supporter, I'm not meant to say that am i? :rolleyes:I have a couple of family members and friends who are Rangers season ticket holders and they are perfectly nice people. Well on the other side of the coin, I know a group of Haddy-based Hun season-ticket holders, aged from around twenty to their forties, and they arte a bunch of vile, bigoted bullies.

Argylehibby
27-09-2011, 11:02 AM
If the ones that were in our hospitality when they won the league at ER a year back then they are worse than their "standard fan".

edinburghhibee
27-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Not sure about the gers hospitality but celtics was fairly good, went there when galbreith scored in the last minute. Celtic were 1-0 up everybody cheered as expected, Borac then saved a header I mumbled under my breath "lucky *******s" guy in front had a right go at me told me to get back to aids riden Leith, anyway hibs scored with the resulting corner GIRFUY!!!

Once Danny scored the winner with seconds to go I couldn't hold it in me, ma old man and my uncle going mad. The after match pints and food were great cos we were the only ones there.

:flag::cgwa:flag:

East Coast Hibe
27-09-2011, 04:37 PM
I was in the Club Deck Europe hospitality a few years ago and we cheered like mad when Hibs equalised (I think it was Alan Ormand with a long range effort?) - we got chucked out ! Hun B****rds !

givescotlandfreedom
27-09-2011, 06:03 PM
They are actually not that bad. However, as a Hibs supporter, I'm not meant to say that am i? :rolleyes:

I have a couple of family members and friends who are Rangers season ticket holders and they are perfectly nice people.

Ride your high horse around Ibrox on Saturday whilst wearing Hibs colours and see how the support treat you.

HibsCan
27-09-2011, 06:12 PM
On topic and slightly off.

In Hamilton, Canada back in the early 90's a friend of mine ran a 4 team tourney. Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts and Montreal Manic. The tourney was a mixed success, very friendly but financially poor.
I think eventually won by Aberdeen after penalties over Celtic.
I met a few players back then. John Collins at Celtic at the time, Mo Johnston with Hearts and Alex McLeish finishing his time with Aberdeen.
McLeish I met on a patio at a local pub (The Scotsman) and we bought each other a Strongbow...I remember it was about 100 degrees.
A few years later I'm on holiday back in Scotland and I'm invited to the directors box at Ibrox for a New Year OF game. Sitting with all the other SPL managers
Alex McDonald, Jim Nichol and Alex McLeish who was managing Motherwell at the time etc. After the match (1-1) we go into the lounge and mix with all walks while having a pint.
I walked up to McLeish and introduced myself and quizzed him on his time in Canada. As I was telling him that we had met there, he paused for a moment and pointed at me saying "your the Hibby"
I was quite impressed that this guy with 77 caps and played all over the world, been in many a foreign pub, met and drank with many punters from everywhere...that he would remember me.
little did I think that he would go on to manage Hibs.
True story...
Anyway, as a neutral, I don't remember much of that game and don't remember any off behaviour by anyone....getting back on topic.

Gettin' Auld
27-09-2011, 06:14 PM
I was spat on by a well dressed woman in the main stand once. I don't think I could suffer it seeing as it hard to enjoy one's dinner with the dry boak!
One thing I have never understood is this dress code nonsense. It's a football game not a wedding! So on those grounds alone I would be refused entry. Another thing I've never understood is this smart casual thing!! What is that then a suit with no tie? A tie with no suit or what?
I bet you wish she'd swallowed?

:greengrin

weecounty hibby
27-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Don't go in using the hun word, you might no get back out or end up in a cell.

Thanks for the advice. But I'm a Hibee and I actually do know how to behave in public unlike about 99% of your fellow supporters. I will be taken to the game by a company whose representative is actually a Falkirk fan and the others at our table are Rangers fans so I doubt if the H word would come up until later and we have stuffed you again!

In reply to the others, thanks and I will be watching my back as I have also spoken to fans of other clubs who have gone there and all have said that uncannily they seem to be able to sense that you are not one of them. Probably due to not having the correct handhake or smell of stale urine.

I will report back from behind enemy lines next week!