PDA

View Full Version : We HAVE to beat St Johnstone on Wednesday

Monts
26-09-2011, 03:03 PM
As we wont pick up many points in October.

Very tough run of games coming up so we need to capatalise now before we see ourselves back at the bottom.

Octobers games are:

Rangers Away
Motherwell Home
St Mirren Away
Celtic Away

From that lot I think we're looking at 4 points at the most.

Wednesday night is a winnable game. Lets continue our goal scoring and cut out the silly mistakes. Otherwise it could be a loooong month ahead.

Billy Whizz
26-09-2011, 04:09 PM

Very tough run of games coming up so we need to capatalise now before we see ourselves back at the bottom.

Octobers games are:

Rangers Away - 0-3 win for Hibs =3 Pts
Motherwell Home 3 pts
St Mirren Away Draw - 1Pt
Celtic Away - Draw - 1Pt
Total

Wednesday night is a winnable game. Lets continue our goal scoring and cut out the silly mistakes. Otherwise it could be a loooong month ahead.

Diagree

Total = 8 Pts

happiehibbie
26-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Diagree

Total = 8 Pts

your having a laugh

just_joe
26-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Diagree

Total = 8 Pts

:confused::confused: Can I have some of what your on please?

Leishy1995
26-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Sproule and O'connor to tear up Rangers, Motherwell will be hard as will St Mirren and Celtic :flag:

Hibs Class
26-09-2011, 04:54 PM
your having a laugh

Agree - no place for pessimism on this board. Right now we should be targeting 12 points from these four games. :flag::flag:

Monts
26-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Diagree

Total = 8 Pts

So whats your thoughts on the St J game then?

Billy Whizz
26-09-2011, 05:58 PM
So whats your thoughts on the St J game then?

3 points for Hibs of course!

MotherSuperior
26-09-2011, 06:21 PM
it's gonna be tough match to win; if you look at current form and previous encounters with St Johnstone, then you can't fancy us for the mid week coupon! One thing you certainly can predict is that this is not going to be a thing of beauty! But if we can somehow manage not to gift them goals, then i think we could get this monkey off our back, and hopefully start to turn the corner. I also think the crowd will be really low, in the regions of 7500, hope I'm wrong though.

PaulSmith
26-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Going with my pessimistic 'Well prediction I think Sandaza and Sheriden will rip us up for erse paper.

ronaldo7
26-09-2011, 06:30 PM
it's gonna be tough match to win; if you look at current form and previous encounters with St Johnstone, then you can't fancy us for the mid week coupon! One thing you certainly can predict is that this is not going to be a thing of beauty! But if we can somehow manage not to gift them goals, then i think we could get this monkey off our back, and hopefully start to turn the corner. I also think the crowd will be really low, in the regions of 7500, hope I'm wrong though.

If we play like the Hertz did on Sunday it will be tough, or if we leave our defenders in the dressing room. Should be a good game as Saintees played some good footy on Sunday, and we didn't hoof it as much as we have been in our last few games.

As for the Monkey:confused:

As for the crowd:na na: Who cares:wink:

coco22
26-09-2011, 06:33 PM
st j in pretty good form at the moment and two strikers playing very well together apparently. our defence will have to be at their sharpest:shocked: . think there will be goals in this one (as with any other match involving our back four and prolific talisman) with hibs scraping a win.

coco22
26-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Going with my pessimistic 'Well prediction I think Sandaza and Sheriden will rip us up for erse paper.

i hope victor snaps that wee scrote sheridan.

MotherSuperior
26-09-2011, 06:37 PM
As for the Monkey:confused:: we've not won a league match at Easter Road for what seems like an eternity!

stantonhibby
26-09-2011, 06:44 PM
st j in pretty good form at the moment and two strikers playing very well together apparently. our defence will have to be at their sharpest:shocked: . think there will be goals in this one (as with any other match involving our back four and prolific talisman) with hibs scraping a win.

I think St J are also perfectly capable of putting in a rotten performance as they did in their previous home game in the cup v St Mirren.

ronaldo7
26-09-2011, 06:59 PM
we've not won a league match at Easter Road for what seems like an eternity!

Oh that Monkey.

I hope the stat will be blown apart on Wednesday, but you never know eh.:wink:

Feed McGraw
26-09-2011, 07:02 PM
If we play like the Hertz did on Sunday it will be tough, or if we leave our defenders in the dressing room. Should be a good game as Saintees played some good footy on Sunday, and we didn't hoof it as much as we have in our last few games.

As for the Monkey:confused:

As for the crowd:na na: Who cares:wink:

Yeah, I would leave our defenders in the dressing room. :greengrin

MotherSuperior
26-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Oh that Monkey.I hope the stat will be blown apart on Wednesday, but you never know eh.:wink: here's hoping buddy! I really think a win on Wednesday will galvanize the team and the supporters and give us something to build on. It's a pity we've got rangers the following match and not a more winable game.

At The Edge
26-09-2011, 07:13 PM
here's hoping buddy! I really think a win on Wednesday will galvanize the team and the supporters and give us something to build on. It's a pity we've got rangers the following match and not a more winable game.

thing is we'll probably turn Rangers over then get humped at home the following week by Motherwell. :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-09-2011, 07:23 PM
As long as we don't get beat, that will be a half decent result for us. Progression is turning all the defeats into draws, and then turning those draws into wins. On current form, if the result is a draw, St J will view that as two dropped.

Wheat Hound
26-09-2011, 07:36 PM
If we don't win, surely CC has to go? No home league wins out of ten - how can keeping him be an option?

sahib
26-09-2011, 07:50 PM
As long as we don't get beat, that will be a half decent result for us. Progression is turning all the defeats into draws, and then turning those draws into wins. On current form, if the result is a draw, St J will view that as two dropped.

A very reasonable and reasoned approach but basically balls :greengrin

calumb
26-09-2011, 07:58 PM
A very reasonable and reasoned approach but basically balls :greengrin

Ah but you have to admire the mans optimism, unfortunately McInnes was in the stand on saturday so will have seen exactly
what needs to be done to beat us.

Hibs Class
26-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Ah but you have to admire the mans optimism, unfortunately McInnes was in the stand on saturday so will have seen exactlywhat needs to be done to beat us. I'd assume our management team watched SJ yesterday and will have worked out what it will take to beat them.

calumb
26-09-2011, 08:33 PM
I'd assume our management team watched SJ yesterday and will have worked out what it will take to beat them.

I notice you said "management team" as our manager was more than likely not even in the country yesterday, which i think is part of our problem

Alfred E Newman
26-09-2011, 08:55 PM
If we finally gel on Wednesday and pick up our first home win since February will the team do a lap of honour at the final whistle?

Sir David Gray
26-09-2011, 09:03 PM
I targeted a minimum of 6 points from our 4 league games in September, or I would be calling for Calderwood to go. We currently have 3 points from 3 games so we must win on Wednesday or else Calderwood should be gone by Thursday morning.

To not win at home in 10 successive matches would just be unacceptable.

Hibs Class
26-09-2011, 09:30 PM
I notice you said "management team" as our manager was more than likely not even in the country yesterday, which i think is part of our problem

I did, primarily because as long as we are sufficiently informed then which of the team watched them is in some respects secondary and I knew if I'd just said "our manager" it would invite comment.

nortonhibby
26-09-2011, 09:43 PM

Octobers games are:

Rangers Away
Motherwell Home
St Mirren Away
Celtic Away

CC Is at the edge now he is almost par with the Duffsters record who lasted 46 games CC ON 43 now its neck and neck.:flag:can he beat or equal the Duffsters record ? or can we rise and be a force with CC In charge ?

hibsbollah
26-09-2011, 09:52 PM
There will be goals.

--------
26-09-2011, 11:09 PM
There will be goals.

That's what I'm afraid of. :wink:

smurf
27-09-2011, 09:30 AM

Exactly. You kind of feel sure Calderwood would not have been in Perth on Sunday.

It's a ridiculous situation.

Keith_M
27-09-2011, 09:35 AM
If we finally gel on Wednesday and pick up our first home win since February will the team do a lap of honour at the final whistle?

We have an open-topped bus at the ready right now :wink:

Dashing Bob S
27-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Can't see anything other than a comprehensive Hibs victory, I'm afraid (I'm a doom and gloomer) 4-1 to the Greens.

silverhibee
27-09-2011, 11:17 AM

If they win they will be straight up to George Street for a lap of honour, mind you if they get beat they will still hit George St. :devil:

silverhibee
27-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Exactly. You kind of feel sure Calderwood would not have been in Perth on Sunday.

It showed Neil Lennon at the game and mentioned he was there as celtc play St Js this weekend, it gave a good picture of the main stand where he was sitting, there was no sign of CC or BB, maybe Hibs have someone who takes in these games and reports back to the manager with a report on St Js, or they could have watched it on the tv.

Hibee_Craig7062
27-09-2011, 11:28 AM

I can 100% assure you he wasnt anywhere near Perth. He was on a flight out of Edinburgh at 7.45pm on Saturday night!

Billy Brown was at Mcdairmid for us on Sunday......I wonder who was going to these type of games before we brought him in

smurf
27-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Ahh.. some will say "What's the big deal?". The assistant was sent. Or it can be watched in video etc etc. Funny though how Neil Lennon sees the importance of properly doing his homework....

easty
27-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Ahh.. some will say "What's the big deal?". The assistant was sent. Or it can be watched in video etc etc. Funny though how Neil Lennon sees the importance of properly doing his homework....

Lennon doing his homework, what a geeeeeeek......Calderwood will be along soon to pole him and then flush his ginger heid down the toilet.

southern hibby
27-09-2011, 01:04 PM
we've not won a league match at Easter Road for what seems like an eternity! That's because it is an eternity.GGTTH

Albion Hibs
27-09-2011, 01:15 PM

What if Calderwood was away to have a look at a player / possible new signings? Surely as long as one of the management team are along then that is more than fine? In any event I am sure it will be analysed on tape.

smurf
27-09-2011, 01:24 PM
What if Calderwood was away to have a look at a player / possible new signings? Surely as long as one of the management team are along then that is more than fine? In any event I am sure it will be analysed on tape.

Aye again I'm sure he will have been scouring euro markets...

Albion Hibs
27-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Aye again I'm sure he will have been scouring euro markets...

But you will admit that you do not have a clue if that was or was not the case.

In any event, analysing games, having a go at managers, and players based on TV games is good enough for a right few on here, so why would someone who actually knows something about the sport need to see in person, especially if he had someone else there.

NOLA
27-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Ahh.. some will say "What's the big deal?". The assistant was sent. Or it can be watched in video etc etc. Funny though how Neil Lennon sees the importance of properly doing his homework.... :agree: you see alot more of the game in person than otherwise watching it on the box, you miss all the unseen work for one.

calumb
27-09-2011, 01:51 PM

Yep and more importently for this week so does Derek McInnes and sitting high up in the stand he will have seen exactly the areas to target us.

ronaldo7
27-09-2011, 02:09 PM
It showed Neil Lennon at the game and mentioned he was there as celtc play St Js this weekend, it gave a good picture of the main stand where he was sitting, there was no sign of CC or BB, maybe Hibs have someone who takes in these games and reports back to the manager with a report on St Js, or they could have watched it on the tv.

Celtc away to Hertz on Sunday Silver

Jones28
27-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Saint Johnstone - 3 points, Hibs to win 3-1
Rangers - 0 points, Rangers to win 2-0
Saint Mirren - 1 point, 2-2 draw
Celtic - 1 point, 1-1 draw

5 points from the next 4 games when playing the Old Firm is doable IMHO

Celtic are pants, having watched them vs ICT
Rangers are probably going to be to quick against us
Hibs should win home games against most SPL teams, starting on wednesday
Heart says 2-3 to Hibs vs St Mirren, but more likely a score draw

GGTTH :flag:

silverhibee
27-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Celtc away to Hertz on Sunday Silver

Oops.

Well he was there to watch the yams, :greengrin, i wondered when i seen him with his bodyguards leaving with ten minutes to go, maybe feared he would get attacked by an ugly yam up in Perth.

nortonhibby
27-09-2011, 08:00 PM

Octobers games are:

Rangers Away
Motherwell Home
St Mirren Away
Celtic Away

In order for CC To beat or equal the Duffsters dismal record We Must take at least a point from our next 3 games ?

Can FH Please confirm CC Is close very very close, The Duffster lasted 46 Games, CC Is on 42 according to my stats.

Dashing Bob S
27-09-2011, 08:25 PM
St Johnstone - 4-1 for Hibs - can't see us having any problems
Rangers - 3-0 for Hibs - the momentum will carry us past an average Huns team
St Mirren - 6-1 for Hibs - we'll be out for revenge
Celtic - 2-1 for Hibs - can see us struggling a bit here for some reason.

nortonhibby
27-09-2011, 08:45 PM
St Johnstone - 4-1 for Hibs - can't see us having any problems
Rangers - 3-0 for Hibs - the momentum will carry us past an average Huns team
St Mirren - 6-1 for Hibs - we'll be out for revenge
Celtic - 2-1 for Hibs - can see us struggling a bit here for some reason.

:flag:

Stevie Reid
28-09-2011, 12:01 PM
In order for CC To beat or equal the Duffsters dismal record We Must take at least a point from our next 3 games ?

Can FH Please confirm CC Is close very very close, The Duffster lasted 46 Games, CC Is on 42 according to my stats.

Colin Calderwood

TEAMFROMTOGAMESWONDRAWNLOST

Hibernian (http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1227)
18 Oct, 2010
Present

Jim Duffy

30 Dec, 1996
02 Feb, 1998

nortonhibby
28-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Colin Calderwood

18 Oct, 2010

Present

Jim Duffy

30 Dec, 1996

02 Feb, 1998

2 Draws from next 4 games and CC Beats the Duffsters record. The only way it can be worsened is 4 staight defeats.

We will win tonight but it is a concern at how close CC is to The Duffsters points tally:confused:

Gatecrasher
28-09-2011, 06:16 PM
2 Draws from next 4 games and CC Beats the Duffsters record. The only way it can be worsened is 4 staight defeats.

We will win tonight but it is a concern at how close CC is to The Duffsters points tally:confused:

the fact that the records are debatable should be a sacking in its self IMO

nortonhibby
28-09-2011, 07:53 PM
the fact that the records are debatable should be a sacking in its self IMO

We will win tonight:flag:i am more concerned about the date the Duff was sacked he soldiered on till Feb, McNeil only the one game then gave up:confused: could BB Be The new Mcneil ?

A Win tonight we all know is papering over the cracks if CC Is left till Feb next year, the new manager will not have enough time ALA Duffy i keep bringing this dud up but CC Maybee a little better but not by much.

I Predict a win ny 3 goals tonight:flag:

hibs0666
28-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Looks like the new pre match grub arrangements are paying off already.

Bayern Bru
29-09-2011, 12:05 AM
If BB is the tactician i.e. switching Towell and Palsson and suggesting Hanlon and Murray swapping over, then why would we WANT Calderwood to have watched St Johnstone?