PDA

View Full Version : On the positive side...

Twa Cairpets
26-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Despite the less than inspiring start to the season, if we win on Wednesday (big if, I know...) we'll only be one win behind title-chasing Hearts.

I thought they were meant to be on a different plane to us?

I realise that it might just mean that the overall standard of the league isnt great, but you can only take a dump in the shunky you have, so I've decided to look at the positives, look forward to us climbing up the table and overtaking those of a more deluded outlook.

CallumLaidlaw
26-09-2011, 12:52 PM
It really does show how tight our league is outside the top two.

blackpoolhibs
26-09-2011, 12:54 PM

Do you always get tight and sh... mixed up? Lol.

iwasthere1972
26-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Despite the less than inspiring start to the season, if we win on Wednesday (big if, I know...) we'll only be one win behind title-chasing Hearts.

I thought they were meant to be on a different plane to us?

I realise that it might just mean that the overall standard of the league isnt great, but you can only take a dump in the shunky you have, so I've decided to look at the positives, look forward to us climbing up the table and overtaking those of a more deluded outlook.

Thinking the same myself during the weekend. Oh and we're also in the "Diddy Cup" and they're no.

nortonhibby
26-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Thinking the same myself during the weekend. Oh and we're also in the "Diddy Cup" and they're no.

2 wins and we are top 6 and equal with the PBS Worl beaters:flag:

CallumLaidlaw
26-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Do you always get tight and sh... mixed up? Lol.

Same difference :wink:

monktonharp
26-09-2011, 11:22 PM
we were terrible at times on Saturday again,but got back into the game. we have been atrocious at times this season and hit rock bottom, but to turn it round we certainly cannae expect a sudden rush of 6 or 7 wins.there are signs that 3 or 4 draws is the way we'll get oot o' the mess, and I expect a home win very soon. when I heard the saints v scmbo result, I thought sheite, good for the saints confidence on wednesday, but apparently that gorgie mob were so bad that mussie windsor could have taken them so, I will go on wed. with renewed vigour:greengrin home win

jiggerman
27-09-2011, 08:15 AM
I know this is not a match predictions thread and I know it bad chat to raise a cautionary note, but.......I will be quite surprised if we take 3 points off Saint Johnstone.

They are a solid team, who in Sandaza and Sheridan, have added real firepower this year. The midfield will be the key for the game tomorrow night - if Palsson and Osbourne compete, we always have a chance with O'Connor up front, but I really worry about the experience and balance in their team. How many times has Liam Craig been a matchwinner for them v us?

We have a terrible record against them in recent times (I know because my mate is a Saints ST holder!:bitchy:) and they are stronger and we are weaker than before!

I am fully expecting people to be critical of my view, but its more a cautionary note and outlines my belief that the team is (unfortunately) going nowhere and is only unbeaten due to the heroics of the SPLs best striker who we are very lucky to have on our books!

That said, I would be jumping around like a looney if we could win and go 5 unbeaten with a CONSISTENT 90 minutes! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
27-09-2011, 08:19 AM
I'd be disappointed and to be honest, pretty shocked, if we didn't win by at least two clear goals.

Hibs to come good and start climbing. Can't see us losing again between now and May - we've just got out of that habit.

Disc O'Dave
27-09-2011, 08:41 AM
I know this is not a match predictions thread and I know it bad chat to raise a cautionary note, but.......I will be quite surprised if we take 3 points off Saint Johnstone.

They are a solid team, who in Sandaza and Sheridan, have added real firepower this year. The midfield will be the key for the game tomorrow night - if Palsson and Osbourne compete, we always have a chance with O'Connor up front, but I really worry about the experience and balance in their team. How many times has Liam Craig been a matchwinner for them v us?

We have a terrible record against them in recent times (I know because my mate is a Saints ST holder!:bitchy:) and they are stronger and we are weaker than before!

I am fully expecting people to be critical of my view, but its more a cautionary note and outlines my belief that the team is (unfortunately) going nowhere and is only unbeaten due to the heroics of the SPLs best striker who we are very lucky to have on our books!

That said, I would be jumping around like a looney if we could win and go 5 unbeaten with a CONSISTENT 90 minutes! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Didn't Sheridan only break his duck for the season on Saturday?

jiggerman
27-09-2011, 08:42 AM
I'd be disappointed and to be honest, pretty shocked, if we didn't win by at least two clear goals.

Hibs to come good and start climbing. Can't see us losing again between now and May - we've just got out of that habit.

I would admit to not being the most positive person in these situations, so I admire your outlook, but I presume you are being 'blindly' positive rather than having actually calculated a winning margin of two goals, or just a win at all?

Edit - DD - yeah, he did only score his first two goals at the weekend, but I think he did enough last time around to suggest he is a goal threat. For me its also about how the pair link up and complement each other, so if you like, the synergy of the front two looks good for them.

That said, I actually think Agogo/O'Connor maybe simialr if Agogo's fitness improves and his performances continue to improve!

JimBHibees
27-09-2011, 08:47 AM
I think the fact we are now scoring goals and also creating chances is a big improvement however the defence is less than secure so IMO we need to play a 442 to hopefully protect them a bit more. Would bring Scott into left midfield with Ivan on the right and only play Agogo and GOC up front hopefully leaving us less exposed down the flanks. Assuming Griffiths is out otherwise would play him instead of Agogo.

Kojock
27-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Didn't Sheridan only break his duck for the season on Saturday?

Nah he waited until Sunday. :greengrin

Andy74
27-09-2011, 09:20 AM
So, IF we WIN a home league game for the first time in seven months, we will still be three points behind a team that have already sacked their manager for poor form. A team who disposed of us pretty easily regardless.

I'll have the champagne at the ready to mark the achievement. :greengrin

Disc O'Dave
27-09-2011, 09:28 AM
So, IF we WIN a home league game for the first time in seven months, we will still be three points behind a team that have already sacked their manager for poor form. A team who disposed of us pretty easily regardless.

Or sacked their manager for opposing the head honcho's stance on a kiddie fiddler..... :wink: But I'm sure that's not the benchmark you really want to set us against :devil:

Twa Cairpets
27-09-2011, 11:31 AM

Excellent - nice to see you're coming round from the dark place.

If the little maroon cardigan man at the Bus Shelter had been at ER at the moment there'd be shouts for his head because he lost to Ayr and lost to St J.

Albion Hibs
27-09-2011, 12:17 PM

I would agree with this post, as opposed to the other comments you made after being hijacked by mr doom and gloom.

I think pretty much any team is capable of winning, and lets be honest, looking at our last three games from a neutrals point of view they have been anything but sh£te. Each and every single one of them has had decent passages of football, and plenty of goals.