PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Hamilton

easty
26-09-2011, 08:27 AM
Massa should have hit him. Hamilton is going to cause a serious injury to someone eventually.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/15052980.stm

The_Exile
26-09-2011, 01:43 PM
I think Hamilton is a fabulous driver, he's aggresive, assertive, he makes moves stick where others wouldn't, but he does have this tempetuous streak, you seen it when he passed Massa in Q3 on Saturday, he's impatient. I honestly think this years problems have been the fastest drivers has been in one of the slowest cars, that McLaren should be nowhere near the top 4 or 5 places but the 2 drivers that team have are brilliant, if you put Hamilton in a Red Bull he wins every race.

I agree though, he has to calm it before he injures himself or someone else, he's got to understand the car's not quick enough to do what he wants it to do.

Hainan Hibs
26-09-2011, 01:53 PM
I find Hamilton to be quite a knobend to be honest, but watching the video of Massa patting him on the shoulder like that, if I was Hamilton I probably would've lamped him one.

Green and white
28-09-2011, 02:51 PM
it's a dangerous sport. he's a very competitive lad and he want's to win. f1 has lacked a driver with real balls in the passed imo

(((Fergus)))
28-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Hamilton's aggressiveness and competitiveness would be fine if they did him any good but everything he gains in one lap/race he gives away again in the next by overdriving the car. Not that he's helped by McLaren's "digital wisdom" which screws up races time and again.

Re Vettel he is wiping the floor with a very quick team mate and would do the same in any other team.

shagpile
29-09-2011, 11:33 AM
it's a dangerous sport. he's a very competitive lad and he want's to win. f1 has lacked a driver with real balls in the passed imo
Such as Ayrton Senna? Schumi?

Hamilton has learned very little in his time in the sport, & to be perfectly honest he is a danger to his fellow drivers.
Last season Vettel won the title at the death after making several mistakes during the year. His comings together with Webber [ Turkey] & Button [Spa] being two memorable ones.
This season he[Vettel] has lost one race by making a mistake[Canada where he slid off halfway round the last lap], otherwise he has driven with his head & been in charge of the situation.Even the one in Canada he didn't go gung ho after Button & lose second place.
Hamilton has to learn that it is not possible to win every race.
There are circuits to which his car is not so well suited as his competitors machinery & therefore has to drive for points & not wins. There are days he will not be at his best physically or mentally. Again you drive to finish as well as is possible.

Look back at previous world champions. Many of them won titles by simply finishing when their rivals didn't. Best example being Keke Rosberg. World Champion with one win from 16 races in his championship winning season.

Mike Hawthorn did likewise in 1958 ,but only 11 races were held that year.