PDA

View Full Version : Highlights up

hibsbollah
25-09-2011, 05:34 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/15053824.stm

...for fannies like me who missed two of the goals :greengrin

hibbysam
25-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Might just be me, but jon daly looks about half a yard offside for the equaliser:confused:

lEXO
25-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Might just be me, but jon daly looks about half a yard offside for the equaliser:confused:

I thought so at the time, but the ***** camera angle does,nt clear it up any.

--------
25-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Might just be me, but jon daly looks about half a yard offside for the equaliser:confused:#

Both assistants were making a lot of mistakes yesterday (surprise, surprise), flagging when the guy was onside and not flagging when he was.

I watched it on Alba and did a stop-start on the goal. IMO he was offside. Just.

Jones28
25-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Rankin played a part in all of UTD's goals....just saying :greengrin

--------
25-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Rankin played a part in all of UTD's goals....just saying :greengrin

He did.

But then, it appeared that the United players had a game plan they understood and could play to. We appeared to be making it up as we went along.

duffers
25-09-2011, 07:00 PM
#

Both assistants were making a lot of mistakes yesterday (surprise, surprise), flagging when the guy was onside and not flagging when he was.

I watched it on Alba and did a stop-start on the goal. IMO he was offside. Just.

I think he possibly was offside, but there was 3 or 4 occasions where they could have been clean through on goal and the linesman has given an offside when they have quite clearly been onside. So I don't think we should complain to much.

SaulGoodman
25-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Didn't notice during the game, but watching those highlights makes me realize how good Rankin was for Utd.

Is it a case of being surrounded by better players or just another ex-Hibs player coming back to haunt us? :paranoid:

Ryan69
25-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Note for Overseas Hibees

It says you cant watch highlights overseas.....But I managed too.

Big90inOz
25-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Spill the beans then :greengrin

Note for Overseas Hibees

It says you cant watch highlights overseas.....But I managed too.

LancashireHibby
25-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Two great finishes from O'Connor and Agogo:agree:

Russ
25-09-2011, 09:14 PM

Easy, tick the box for uk user, i did it when i was in America and could watch the games np.

McD
25-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Two great finishes from O'Connor and Agogo:agree:

From the (very limited) highlights, it looks as if GOC and Agogo starting to link up well, both set up each others' goals with some nice throughballs.

TheMentalHibees
25-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Not saying anything new here, but our defence is *****.

Dashing Bob S
25-09-2011, 09:33 PM

But it is. We pretty much gifted them all their goals.

Albion Hibs
25-09-2011, 09:33 PM

Based on what the highlights you clearly did not watch. How many of the goals came from the back four?

Ryan69
25-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Spill the beans then :greengrin Watched them through BBC site on my phone.

NOLA
26-09-2011, 12:23 AM
tell you what its a cracking finish from agogo, well done that man :agree:

MotherSuperior
26-09-2011, 12:50 AM
would love to see Swanson at hibs.

Bayern Bru
26-09-2011, 02:34 AM
would love to see Swanson at hibs.

He'd solve the left midfield dilemma for sure.

Mate asked me why we hadn't signed him when he's a big Hibby and a decent player who has the ability to change games.

I replied it's probably due to how much he'd cost. :rolleyes:

Peevemor
26-09-2011, 05:51 AM

It worked for me too. This happens very occassionally - somebody at the Beeb must sometimes forget to press a button or something.

Gatecrasher
26-09-2011, 07:08 AM
He did.

But then, it appeared that the United players had a game plan they understood and could play to. We appeared to be making it up as we went along.

That's how I feel as well, I'm not saying we don't go into a game without a gameplan it just doesn't seem like it.

Argylehibby
26-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Didn't notice during the game, but watching those highlights makes me realize how good Rankin was for Utd.

Is it a case of being surrounded by better players or just another ex-Hibs player coming back to haunt us? :paranoid:

Just the fact that he can relax when playing for them knowing that he isnt going to get a few thousand "supporters" on his back with every mis-placed pass or perhaps before he was even on the pitch. Its amazing how players that do well at clubs before they come to us and after a bad spell at ER perform well again elsewhere.

Hainan Hibs
26-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Agogo's finish was good, as was o'Connor's, I'd hate to see where we would be without him!

Defence looked it's usual bog standard self, I wouldn't be able to show my face in public again if I made Rankin look good.

Stack is *****, and how he gets a free pass by the majority of support is beyond me, it's like the return of the "Deano" fan club who thought the man could do no wrong. Maka, Smith, and indeed Brown would be castrated if they had performed like Stack recently.

hibbysam
26-09-2011, 10:21 PM

Just watched the highlights on sky sports as well and on top of the equaliser looking suspiciously offside, they paused the third goal at the time of the cross and Daly again was at least a yard offside, maybe a case of us being extremely hard done by?