PDA

View Full Version : yesterdays equalizer.

blackpoolhibs
25-09-2011, 12:45 PM
While welcome, did anyone else think back to duff jimmys time when we came back from 2 down at ***********,

Dashing Bob S
25-09-2011, 12:46 PM
While welcome, did anyone else think back to duff jimmys time when we came back from 2 down at ***********,

Yes. I have to confess that this was the first thing that crossed my mind.

Broken Gnome
25-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Junior Agogo = Andy Walker.

matty_f
25-09-2011, 01:01 PM

Nope, I was too busy enjoying it.:agree:

hibs0666
25-09-2011, 01:04 PM

No. Why would we? Personally I was thinking there might have been time to go and win the game. It's all about attitudes I guess.

Dashing Bob S
25-09-2011, 01:09 PM
Nope, I was too busy enjoying it.:agree:

Nice one Matty, great to see the admins taking action and deleting repeat negative threads.

matty_f
25-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Nice one Matty, great to see the admins taking action and deleting repeat negative threads.

If they're negative but just slightly different, we'll keep them. :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
25-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Junior Agogo = Andy Walker.

Mcginlay :wink:

Broken Gnome
25-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Mcginlay :wink:

Would've been a bit unfair on Pat, I allowed myself a bit of artistic licence to go like-for-like :greengrin

khib70
25-09-2011, 02:25 PM
So you'd rather we'd lost,to boost your anti-Calderwood campaign., then?

blackpoolhibs
25-09-2011, 04:11 PM
So you'd rather we'd lost,to boost your anti-Calderwood campaign., then?

Where did you read that in my post?

Keith_M
25-09-2011, 04:21 PM

It didn't say that explicitly, you just mean that could have been the unfortunate point that kept our manager in a job for too long, A La Duff Jimmy.

Have the courage of your convictions and admit openly what you were implying. If you weren't implying that, then what was your point?

p.s. I'm not a CC defender, before anyone suggests this.

hibs0666
25-09-2011, 04:32 PM

Would it be a nightmare for you if we go through September unbeaten?

blackpoolhibs
25-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Why would it be?

givescotlandfreedom
25-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Why would it be?

Because you might feel that'll buy him more time in the job and will hurt us more in the long run? You might be right

hibs0666
25-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Why would it be?

Cos you don't rate the manager and an unbeaten September wouldn't square well with your opinion.

blackpoolhibs
25-09-2011, 05:15 PM
It didn't say that explicitly, you just mean that could have been the unfortunate point that kept our manager in a job for too long, A La Duff Jimmy.

Have the courage of your convictions and admit openly what you were implying. If you weren't implying that, then what was your point?

p.s. I'm not a CC defender, before anyone suggests this.

I want us to win every game, if we dont i'd like a draw. Nowhere in my post did i think us drawing level was a bad thing, but it crossed my mind it might just have kept clueless in a job longer, that was the reason for my post, i was not implying anything. Make your own mind up if thats good or bad?

blackpoolhibs
25-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Cos you don't rate the manager and an unbeaten September wouldn't square well with your opinion.

You are right, i dont rate the manager, but i like Hibs picking up points. :confused:

blackpoolhibs
25-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Because you might feel that'll buy him more time in the job and will hurt us more in the long run? You might be right

You might be right, although nothing feels better than when we come back from what looks like certain defeat. Would you rather we had not done so?

hibs0666
25-09-2011, 05:18 PM
You are right, i dont rate the manager, but i like Hibs picking up points. :confused:

And winning cup ties too I assume. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
25-09-2011, 05:21 PM
And winning cup ties too I assume. :wink:

Yip winning cup ties too. I'm a little confused here, do you think i'd rather we lost than won at Motherwell midweek, and yesterday against Dundee Utd?

hibs0666
25-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Yip winning cup ties too. I'm a little confused here, do you think i'd rather we lost than won at Motherwell midweek, and yesterday against Dundee Utd?

Depends what's more important to you - ditching a manager you don't rate or the club you support improving.

blackpoolhibs
25-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Winning games and playing attractive football is what's important to me. I have no influence on appointing or removing managers, so its the club every time.

Alfred E Newman
25-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Most alarming thing for me yesterday sitting behind the dugout was seeing Sodjie getting ready to come on just after the equaliser. There was a murmer of disbelief around me that any manager would concider changing his side immediately after scoring 2 goals in a minute to draw level. I don`t know if it was the reaction of the crowd or not but he eventually changed his mind.

nortonhibby
25-09-2011, 08:43 PM

A Point is a point if we pick up a point from every game we play from now on we will survive. Aberdeen will not better this.:greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
25-09-2011, 09:22 PM
You might be right, although nothing feels better than when we come back from what looks like certain defeat. Would you rather we had not done so?

No, I like it when we score goals.

sesoim
25-09-2011, 10:05 PM
Would it be a nightmare for you if we go through September unbeaten?

If we keep on drawing, we could get relegated. We'll certainly finish in the bottom three (again). But I'm not sure if the Calderwood fans here will be capable of working that out.

Personally, I DID want Dundee Utd to thump us at 3-1 down. I make no apologies for that. I care about the long term future of Hibs, not one (awful) manager. Billy Brown will do a better job if he takes over, as would plenty of other managers out there. The stats don't lie - CC is effing hopeless and we have only improved slightly because Brown is here.

sesoim
25-09-2011, 10:10 PM
A Point is a point if we pick up a point from every game we play from now on we will survive. Aberdeen will not better this.:greengrin

:brickwall Yes, constantly dropping points to teams as good as Dunfermline, St Mirren and so on will get the crowds back.

hibs0666
25-09-2011, 10:12 PM
If we keep on drawing, we could get relegated. We'll certainly finish in the bottom three (again). But I'm not sure if the Calderwood fans here will be capable of working that out.

Personally, I DID want Dundee Utd to thump us at 3-1 down. I make no apologies for that. I care about the long term future of Hibs, not one (awful) manager. Billy Brown will do a better job if he takes over, as would plenty of other managers out there. The stats don't lie - CC is effing hopeless and we have only improved slightly because Brown is here.

Beat St. Johnstone and we're only three points off the yams. No need to panic, we'll get there. :thumbsup: