25-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Where was Scott yesterday ?

hibsfan7
25-09-2011, 12:13 PM
well he was not on the park that is for shure

:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees

Prawn Sandwich
25-09-2011, 04:02 PM
He was sitting in the West stand and sorely missed.

Alfred E Newman
25-09-2011, 08:30 PM
He was sitting in the West stand and sorely missed.

injured or dropped? :dunno:

Prawn Sandwich
25-09-2011, 08:33 PM
injured or dropped? :dunno:

I don't know?

R'Albin
25-09-2011, 08:35 PM
well he was not on the park that is for shure

:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees

:applause::applause:

hiberactive
25-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Heard he was 10 min late and told to go home.

MotherSuperior
25-09-2011, 08:48 PM
He's been making good off the ball attacking runs recently, and i think he has the potential to get few goals this season. I think I'd rather have him in ahead of pallson, with ozzy sitting and starting moves.

Billy Whizz
25-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Heard he was 10 min late and told to go home.

Serious?

hiberactive
25-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Yes.

givescotlandfreedom
25-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Watched Cologne v Hoffenheim today. One of the Hoffenheim players was late for lunch and dropped to the bench :nerd:

brydekirk
26-09-2011, 06:04 AM
He's been making good off the ball attacking runs recently, and i think he has the potential to get few goals this season. I think I'd rather have him in ahead of pallson, with ozzy sitting and starting moves.
wotherspoon

MotherSuperior
26-09-2011, 08:26 AM
wotherspoon I would rather have sproule in for spoony just now, but if we had more options at right back, then i would be calling for Towell to be moved up the park. Scott lacks the change of pace to be playing playing right mid imo. Re Spoony : his confidence is shot to pieces. Some time out on loan in division 1 or 2 would help i think. He can make the grade, of that I'm convinced.

keep the faith
26-09-2011, 09:01 AM
I would rather have sproule in for spoony just now, but if we had more options at right back, then i would be calling for Towell to be moved up the park. Scott lacks the change of pace to be playing playing right mid imo. Re Spoony : his confidence is shot to pieces. Some time out on loan in division 1 or 2 would help i think. He can make the grade, of that I'm convinced.

Good shout.

scoopyboy
26-09-2011, 09:09 AM
He was definitely late, the team sheets had already been submitted so it was the stand for him.

Another example of cust cutting by Hibs could be partly to blame for this, previously players had a pre match lunch before home games but this has been done away with. If he was late for lunch he might have went hungry but at least he would have made the game.

Hibs7
26-09-2011, 09:28 AM
No need to be late, pathetic attitude.

greenlex
26-09-2011, 09:38 AM
No need to be late, pathetic attitude. Bollox. You never been late for anything or are you just perfect?

JimBHibees
26-09-2011, 09:41 AM
He was definitely late, the team sheets had already been submitted so it was the stand for him.

Another example of cust cutting by Hibs could be partly to blame for this, previously players had a pre match lunch before home games but this has been done away with. If he was late for lunch he might have went hungry but at least he would have made the game.

Astonishing that is the case. Just in terms of bonding and getting ready for the game. Incredibly unprofessional from Scott and IMO he was missed as thought he played well at Motherwell. Would bring him right in the team for midweek.

Hfc_Since1875
26-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Bollox. You never been late for anything or are you just perfect?

Completely agree!

You dont know the situation, there may have been a perfectly acceptable explanation for him being late so its very harsh to brand him unprofessional.

Different story if he is regularly late but a one off cant b described as unprofessional

--------
26-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Astonishing that is the case. Just in terms of bonding and getting ready for the game. Incredibly unprofessional from Scott and IMO he was missed as thought he played well at Motherwell. Would bring him right in the team for midweek.

Absolutely agree. If nothing else, it ensures that the players eat sensibly before the match.

I suppose he could have been snarled up in traffic, but professional means being where you're needed when you're needed, in a fit state to do the job you're required to do. But even so...

I would certainly have him in the team for St Johnstone.

HibbyRod
26-09-2011, 10:10 AM
This Scott being late, is a joke/wind-up, eh? ...... no? :confused:

keep the faith
26-09-2011, 10:10 AM
I get exactly the point about not being able to help traffic, unforseen problems etc, but I would have thought that after the Welsh incident in pre season he may be expected to be whiter than white for a while in terms of professionalism and behavior.

All speculation of course, but perhaps an other dimension to the situation?

Dashing Bob S
26-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Completely agree!

You dont know the situation, there may have been a perfectly acceptable explanation for him being late so its very harsh to brand him unprofessional.

Different story if he is regularly late but a one off cant b described as unprofessional

Heard he had to break some chap's jaw 'for getting wide' so the lateness was perfectly excusable.

No, seriously, I agree. Condemning somebody for being late once without knowing the circumstances is rather silly.

Dashing Bob S
26-09-2011, 10:21 AM
"We've just heard he got to the meal late, in time for desert, and was banned in case he tried to lash out dangerously. One of the younger players who is mates with Sean Welsh was apparently very concerned."

"Wotherspoon?"

"Yes, it was desert, after all."

smurf
26-09-2011, 10:24 AM

I am utterly astonished at this revelation. No pre match meal? There must surely be other areas where cut backs can be made before this? I'm not suggesting that having a pre match meal or not makes any real difference but in terms of professional appearance it most certainly does. I honestly believe that small things like this goes a long way....

A multi million pound training centre but we can't provide a pre match meal. We all speculate on something quite obviously not being right at Easter road. Maybe its not one big thing but a long list of small things....

I just have the vision of the players having a quick steak bake as they make their way to easter road...

O'Rourke3
If there's a code of conduct and he's late. Drop him, it sends the right message to all the other players.

Even if he has a good excuse the club behave consistently to all the players.

If he's always late and being made an example of, then again, the club are doing the right thing.

The only time he's got a reason to moan, and no-one is saying he's done so, is if e.g. Garry O was later and started. Message clearly being, we'll cater for big players, ego and try and stamp upon those who we think we can control. I really hope that's not the case.

One of the reasons we ended up with Stokes was because he got dropped at Sunderland for always being late. He may score goals but his attitude stinks and that effects everyone. A more professional attitude to every aspect of their lives and the team has a better chance to improve.

JimBHibees
Absolutely agree. If nothing else, it ensures that the players eat sensibly before the match.

I suppose he could have been snarled up in traffic, but professional means being where you're needed when you're needed, in a fit state to do the job you're required to do. But even so...

I would certainly have him in the team for St Johnstone.

No doubt could have had a problem with a car/traffic etc.

Not sure if he still stays in Livingston, but know he is from there which is the same route I drove in for the game on Saturday and found it very clear. Of course he would have been travelling in an hour or so before I was, maybe not. :greengrin

Massive missed opportunity for the guy after starting v Motherwell.

JimBHibees
26-09-2011, 10:27 AM
I am utterly astonished at this revelation. No pre match meal? There must surely be other areas where cut backs can be made before this? I'm not suggesting that having a pre match meal or not makes any real difference but in terms of professional appearance it most certainly does. I honestly believe that small things like this goes a long way....

A multi million pound training centre but we can't provide a pre match meal. We all speculate on something quite obviously not being right at Easter road. Maybe its not one big thing but a long list of small things....

I just have the vision of the players having a quick steak bake as they make their way to easter road...

Or the young ones nipping into KFC at the Retail park. :greengrin

Totally agree this is something that shouldnt be cut just to allow players to get ready for the game even quickly go over set pieces etc and make sure they have a nutritious meal prior to performing.

smurf
26-09-2011, 10:42 AM
In September we haven't won a home game since February. A quite shameful record for a club like Hibernian who are a top 4 club financially.

Since when was this no pre match meal on home games introduced?

Is there a coincidence?

Cuts shouldn't be affecting such basic affairs associated with the football team. Surely the function of the pre match meal isn't a perk of a 'free scran' but to ensure athletes are complying dietary and encouraging togetherness and anticipation before a home fixture?

I am genuinely astonished and depressed by this revelation.

JimBHibees
26-09-2011, 10:44 AM
In September we haven't won a home game since February. A quite shameful record for a club like Hibernian who are a top 4 club financially.

Is there a coincidence?

Cuts shouldn't be affecting such basic affairs associated with the football team. Surely the function of the pre match meal isn't a perk of a 'free scran' but to ensure athletes are complying dietary and encouraging togetherness and anticipation before a home fixture?

Tend to agree especially when there will be catering facilities at the ground for hospitality guests.

Keith_M
26-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Maybe we could bring out a charity single, get Bono and Bob Geldof in to help out.

:singing:

"Feed the play-ers...."

Westie1875
26-09-2011, 11:10 AM
In September we haven't won a home game since February. A quite shameful record for a club like Hibernian who are a top 4 club financially.Since when was this no pre match meal on home games introduced?Is there a coincidence?Cuts shouldn't be affecting such basic affairs associated with the football team. Surely the function of the pre match meal isn't a perk of a 'free scran' but to ensure athletes are complying dietary and encouraging togetherness and anticipation before a home fixture?I am genuinely astonished and depressed by this revelation. Completely agree, totally unprofessional from the club cutting this kind of thing out.

bawheid
26-09-2011, 11:21 AM

Is there a coincidence?

I agree with you apart from the way over the top "utterly astonished, genuinely depressed, shameful" hyperbole which undermines your point. Do you walk around with your mouth permanently gaping?

The players should be meeting for a pre-match meal.

BoltonHibee
26-09-2011, 11:23 AM
Good on the management team for dropping him. Instills a bit of discipline into the side, he won't be late again and I doubt any of the other players will be either.

As for the pre match meal being abolished, if this is true then it sums up our club and who actually runs it.

The pre match meal is part of the build up to games, an important time to start thinking about the job in hand and to get anything else out of the way. Your final relaxation period as a squad.

Definately not a footballing decision.

3pm
26-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Nobody should be getting stuck into him for being late....I can only assume none of you have tried to get a Subway on a Saturday lunchtime? :grr:

Newry Hibs
26-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Maybe we could bring out a charity single, get Bono and Bob Geldof in to help out.

"Feed the play-ers...."

"Let them know it's kick-off time"

3pm
26-09-2011, 11:42 AM
There must be a couple of folk who post on here who'd be willing to make up some sandwiches and a flask of tea for the boys? :agree:

smurf
26-09-2011, 12:11 PM
I agree with you apart from the way over the top "utterly astonished, genuinely depressed, shameful" hyperbole which undermines your point. Do you walk around with your mouth permanently gaping?

I wouldn't expect you to agree without taking the opportunity to get in a dig....

bawheid
26-09-2011, 12:16 PM
I wouldn't expect you to agree without taking the opportunity to get in a dig....

Shameful. :agree:

Jack
26-09-2011, 12:17 PM
It cant be beyond the wit of a professional athlete (yeah, I can see the flaw there) to take the right food and stuff before a match, or indeed at any other time. Should the club be expected to provide all the meals? Or maybe a wet nurse and chef to tend to them and cook for all the other times they're not at the club?

I suspect what's expected of them is written on a wee piece of paper for them too … just in case they cant remember!

As for Scott being punished for being late, I can only assume his reasons for being late were not very good.

smurf
26-09-2011, 12:28 PM
It cant be beyond the wit of a professional athlete (yeah, I can see the flaw there) to take the right food and stuff before a match, or indeed at any other time. Should the club be expected to provide all the meals? Or maybe a wet nurse and chef to tend to them and cook for all the other times they're not at the club?

I suspect what's expected of them is written on a wee piece of paper for them too … just in case they cant remember!

As for Scott being punished for being late, I can only assume his reasons for being late were not very good.

I think you are looking at this naively asking if the club should be providing all meals etc etc.

We are talking about the final moments of preparation to the build up to the actual game.

I will be amazed if very few top professional football clubs in the UK don't have a pre match meal understanding fully from a dietary and team bonding the importance of such a get together.

Gatecrasher
26-09-2011, 12:34 PM
I think you are looking at this naively asking if the club should be providing all meals etc etc.

We are talking about the final moments of preparation to the build up to the actual game.

I will be amazed if very few top professional football clubs in the UK don't have a pre match meal understanding fully from a dietary and team bonding the importance of such a get together.
:agree:
It's basic stuff (or at least should be) we are talking about here.

Jack
26-09-2011, 12:41 PM

I don’t think it is naïve at all. The life of an athlete is just that its a lifestyle choice and what they have pre-match is no more important than what they eat at other times – it all has an effect. If, as it appears, you cant trust them to eat properly before a match then how can you trust them to do the right thing at other times?

I can see your point of team bonding, the fans do it in Tamson's and the Hibs Club among other places pre-match :greengrin, but as others have said these guys see each other throughout the week. If they’ve not bonded by midday on a Saturday then a meal isn't going to make a helluva difference.

We might just have to agree to disagree about this. :aok:

smurf
26-09-2011, 01:09 PM
I don’t think it is naïve at all. The life of an athlete is just that its a lifestyle choice and what they have pre-match is no more important than what they eat at other times – it all has an effect. If, as it appears, you cant trust them to eat properly before a match then how can you trust them to do the right thing at other times?

I can see your point of team bonding, the fans do it in Tamson's and the Hibs Club among other places pre-match :greengrin, but as others have said these guys see each other throughout the week. If they’ve not bonded by midday on a Saturday then a meal isn't going to make a helluva difference.

I'm sure a sports physcologist would have a field day with your opinion particulary against a backdrop of no win at home since February..

Hibs7
26-09-2011, 01:14 PM
It would have been simple to phone and explain he would be 10 mins late, no excuse and not very professional. And no I am never late in my professional capacity, never have been, never will be.

R'Albin
26-09-2011, 02:40 PM

Is there a coincidence?

That's a good point, sure there was a thread about cutbacks on here around Xmas time or so?

brydekirk
26-09-2011, 03:26 PM
I would rather have sproule in for spoony just now, but if we had more options at right back, then i would be calling for Towell to be moved up the park. Scott lacks the change of pace to be playing playing right mid imo. Re Spoony : his confidence is shot to pieces. Some time out on loan in division 1 or 2 would help i think. He can make the grade, of that I'm convinced.

Totally agree on the sproule thing but the last few games I saw spoony, he was playing left mid, he has to continually cut inside to cross the ball with his right foot and was getting caught out most of the time. Just thought scott looked better on the left.

matty_f
26-09-2011, 03:35 PM

Agree.

Good on the management team for dropping him. Instills a bit of discipline into the side, he won't be late again and I doubt any of the other players will be either.

As for the pre match meal being abolished, if this is true then it sums up our club and who actually runs it.

The pre match meal is part of the build up to games, an important time to start thinking about the job in hand and to get anything else out of the way. Your final relaxation period as a squad.

Definately not a footballing decision.

Agree that it's the right thing to do (dropping him).

Would disagree that it's not a footballing decision, namely, cut the outlay for the pre-match meals, keeps money available for Calderwood.

Totally agree with you here as well, the players have a responsibility to look after themselves. They're certainly paid well enough to manage a lunch on a Saturday. And as for the impact on bonding - you're totally correct, that work is done all week, not at lunchtime on one day.

I'm sure a sports physcologist would have a field day with your opinion particulary against a backdrop of no win at home since February..

If a sports physcologist came to me and said that we hadn't won since February because the players hadn't had some scran together, I'd sack them on the spot and tell them not to be a twat, and question if they'd won their degree from a box of Coco Pops.

PatHead
26-09-2011, 03:36 PM
No doubt could have had a problem with a car/traffic etc.

Not sure if he still stays in Livingston, but know he is from there which is the same route I drove in for the game on Saturday and found it very clear. Of course he would have been travelling in an hour or so before I was, maybe not. :greengrin

Massive missed opportunity for the guy after starting v Motherwell.

I came along M8 at 11.45 on Saturday and was held up by 4 car crash near Hermitage Gate for around 20 minutes. Lot of traffic built up behind me so may have been held up there. Blame Boogie and Dingo for not having traffic alerts myself!

IWasThere2016
26-09-2011, 03:40 PM
I bet the pre-match drinkipoos for the Board and visitors is still very extensive, and has not been scaled back!

lapsedhibee
26-09-2011, 04:20 PM

If a sports physcologist came to me and said that we hadn't won since February because the players hadn't had some scran together, I'd sack them on the spot and tell them not to be a twat, and question if they'd won their degree from a box of Coco Pops.

I don't think physcologists have degrees, even from the Kellogg School of Management.

BoltonHibee
26-09-2011, 04:27 PM

A decision like that makes us look like an amateur side. FFS how much does a light lunch once a week cost the club?

Well done the accountants.....pricks!

matty_f
26-09-2011, 04:58 PM
I don't think physcologists have degrees, even from the Kellogg School of Management.

http://www.bps.org.uk/careers-education-training/how-become-psychologist/types-psychologists/becoming-sport-exercise-psych

They do, according to that link,

A decision like that makes us look like an amateur side. FFS how much does a light lunch once a week cost the club?

Well done the accountants.....pricks!

How does it make us look like an amateur side? :confused: Nobody's even mentioned it until now.

Is this thread the biggest over-reaction since Scott Brown spilled some orange juice a few years back?

R'Albin
26-09-2011, 05:04 PM
http://www.bps.org.uk/careers-education-training/how-become-psychologist/types-psychologists/becoming-sport-exercise-psych

How does it make us look like an amateur side? :confused: Nobody's even mentioned it until now.

Is this thread the biggest over-reaction since Scott Brown spilled some orange juice a few years back?

Is this a joke or something that happened on here before I started reading?

matty_f
26-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Is this a joke or something that happened on here before I started reading?

Go into the vault, and read the calendar thread. From start to finish.

Edit : here's the link : http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?62046-re-calender-signing

We'll see you in a week, but you'll thank us.:thumbsup:

greenginger
26-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Our Club is really becoming an Amateur Hour Joke of a Club. There will be catering staff on the premises for the prawn sandwich brigade, How much extra would it cost to provide the basic ingredients for players lunches. I'd guess £150 quid - Pathetic

Gatecrasher
26-09-2011, 05:11 PM

Edit : here's the link : http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?62046-re-calender-signing

i was just about to post the link as well, Enjoy R'Albin :greengrin

Tonez
26-09-2011, 05:14 PM
I came along M8 at 11.45 on Saturday and was held up by 4 car crash near Hermitage Gate for around 20 minutes. Lot of traffic built up behind me so may have been held up there. Blame Boogie and Dingo for not having traffic alerts myself!

I was going west at 12:30 and the traffic tailed back from hermistongate would have taken ages to get through it was miles long due to a 4 car accident. Jimmy lives in livi. Hence why he would have been in the stand, they might not have known when he'd get to Easter road so had to submit the team sheet without him. Not anybody's fault.

MotherSuperior
26-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Totally agree on the sproule thing but the last few games I saw spoony, he was playing left mid, he has to continually cut inside to cross the ball with his right foot and was getting caught out most of the time. Just thought scott looked better on the left.I would much prefer to have left footers on the left and right footers on the right. It's not as if wi have anyone with Riorden's ability to come inside on to his stronger foot and plant one into the top corner, although i think sproule may have got his goal against Dunfermline by cutting inside. Anyway I'm all for some natural width.

matty_f
26-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Our Club is really becoming an Amateur Hour Joke of a Club. There will be catering staff on the premises for the prawn sandwich brigade, How much extra would it cost to provide the basic ingredients for players lunches. I'd guess £150 quid - Pathetic

If that saving meant we were able to afford to get O'Connor in (obviously along with other savings), then would you still say the decision was a joke?

If fans aren't putting the money into the club, then in order to fund the team sacrifices have to be made elsewhere.

If someone gave me a choice between the team getting a lunch, or the manager being able to get players in, I'd take the players every day of the week.

How come the board get pelters for investing in the infrastructure and not the team on the pitch, yet when they cut the infrastructure side to fund the team on the pitch it's a joke?

I think everyone's having kittens over nothing, here, to be honest. I can't believe the over-reaction.

Do Hibs have the most easily offended/astounded/astonished support in the country?

ancient hibee
26-09-2011, 05:25 PM
I think people on here have taken leave of their senses.
Bonding over lunch for goodness sake!This is why we can't win games-what next-someone to go round to get them out of bed in the morning.

Please tell me this is all a joke.

matty_f
26-09-2011, 05:28 PM
I think people on here have taken leave of their senses.
Bonding over lunch for goodness sake!This is why we can't win games-what next-someone to go round to get them out of bed in the morning.

Please tell me this is all a joke.

:agree: I'm just thinking that I might have taken the bait on a big wind-up here.

truehibernian
26-09-2011, 05:31 PM
I am sure I read Beckham saying he avoided a pre-match meal, saying his pre-match ritual was a brutally simple menu of supernoodles and a banana for slow release energy and sugars.

Gordon Strachan still eats bananas like they go out of fashion and did when he was a player (after advice from a dietician).....no pre-match meal required. Didn't do him any harm.....he was one of the first modern day footballers to take on board advice on the best foods to eat pre and post games, when his teammates were still of the opinion a pint of Sweetheart Stout was 'good for energy and iron' !!

R'Albin
26-09-2011, 05:34 PM

Thanks see you in a few weeks:greengrin

stantonhibby
26-09-2011, 06:40 PM

Is there a coincidence?

so on the one hand you are saying it doesn't make a difference if they have a pre match meal then go on to hint it might be why we haven't won at home since Feb and that it's important for team bonding ?
I actually agree it is regrettable if this has been done away with but not convinced of the importance of it ?
As for Scott being late it's not as if he is late for meeting his mates down the pub, it's his job and if he can't get to ER in good time for a game then i don't see the problem with him sitting in the stand. Is it not this sort of discipline we have apparently been lacking with folk turning up for training when they feel like it ?

Kaiser1962
26-09-2011, 07:04 PM
In September we haven't won a home game since February. A quite shameful record for a club like Hibernian who are a top 4 club financially

I hate to be pedantic about this but we're not. Over the last 10 season's we have the 5th largest income.

Doesn't make your point about no home win since February any less shameful though.

I also cant believe a pre match meal has been stopped due to financial restrictions. That would be ridiculous.

R'Albin
26-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Reading this thread reminded me of this one a few months ago:greengrin

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?202197-Players-eating-Dominos-pizza-on-the-bus-home&highlight=pizza

Speedway
26-09-2011, 07:34 PM
I am utterly shocked and ashamed, downcast and bewildered.

I am cast adrift in a sea of disappointment just about floating on my raft made of blind faith.

Absolutely unnerved and comprehensively disenchanted.

smurf
26-09-2011, 07:35 PM
The naivety of some who think that its just a pre match "Scran" beggars belief. Do bigger clubs than ours that stay in hotels the night before in their home city just provide "Digs"?

That some can't see the importance of this in terms of build up to a game surprises me.

And the arguement that such a cutback goes towards allowing us to sign an O'Connor etc frankly ridiculous.

I've long argued that our under achievement is a mentality thing. It starts at the top and this is further proof of that.

Obviously those that under all circumstances toe the party line are getting their digs in re this as us surprised and dismayed by this 'cut' are predictably ridiculed. What a ridiculous notion right enough to suggest build up or lack of it could have a contributing factor in our embarrassing home sequence of results.

Nothing is wrong we are told. All is well. Aye the fact we've not won at home since Feb suggests so right enough.

The Voice Of Reason
26-09-2011, 07:49 PM
If that saving meant we were able to afford to get O'Connor in (obviously along with other savings), then would you still say the decision was a joke?

If fans aren't putting the money into the club, then in order to fund the team sacrifices have to be made elsewhere.

If someone gave me a choice between the team getting a lunch, or the manager being able to get players in, I'd take the players every day of the week.

How come the board get pelters for investing in the infrastructure and not the team on the pitch, yet when they cut the infrastructure side to fund the team on the pitch it's a joke?

I think everyone's having kittens over nothing, here, to be honest. I can't believe the over-reaction.

Do Hibs have the most easily offended/astounded/astonished support in the country?

No Matthew.

It is a simple case of when results are good no-one questions things. When results are bad (or dreadful in our case) everything gets justifiably questioned.

Take RBS - in the halcyon days no-one questioned any of the oppulance or why for example there were 2 or 3 departments doing effectively the same thing! (I am an ex RBS employee).

I am sure Aberdeen Fans are having similiar debates my friend (a toaster discussion anyone ?!) :wink:

Good results on the park will see these discussions relegated to the back burner :agree:

lapsedhibee
26-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Aye the fact we've not won at home since Feb suggests so right enough.

If I don't miss my guess, February was the first anniversary of the announcement of the building of the new east stand. Surely this is a factor at least as relevant as the ending of pre-match meals? Anniversaries can be emotional occasions, and I think it took that first year for the team to realise that the last vestiges of the ground which saw Barca, Real etc humbled was finally gone.

Our footballing cousins down south Arsenal have suffered in a similar way, not yet having recovered from the loss of their spiritual home at Highbury.

A clear job for a physcologist, our current run of bad home form.

stantonhibby
26-09-2011, 07:59 PM

The naivety of some who think that its just a pre match "Scran" beggars belief. Do bigger clubs than ours that stay in hotels the night before in their home city just provide "Digs"?

That some can't see the importance of this in terms of build up to a game surprises me.
And the arguement that such a cutback goes towards allowing us to sign an O'Connor etc frankly ridiculous.

I've long argued that our under achievement is a mentality thing. It starts at the top and this is further proof of that.

Obviously those that under all circumstances toe the party line are getting their digs in re this as us surprised and dismayed by this 'cut' are predictably ridiculed. What a ridiculous notion right enough to suggest build up or lack of it could have a contributing factor in our embarrassing home sequence of results.

Nothing is wrong we are told. All is well. Aye the fact we've not won at home since Feb suggests so right enough.

so which is it ?

Speedway
26-09-2011, 08:09 PM
For the avoidance of confusion, my post #68 was describing my reaction when my fingers go right through the toilet paper whilst wiping, which is happening time after time at the moment.

Other than that, I am quite enjoying my new job at the nursing home.

BroxburnHibee
26-09-2011, 08:16 PM
I think its blatantly obvious we've been on a downward spiral since 2000.

Funnily enough about the time I stopped cooking their lunch.

Spooky :rolleyes:

JoeT_WasTheBest
26-09-2011, 08:16 PM

You forgot depressed Matty. I'm astonished you forgot that :agree:

greenlex
26-09-2011, 08:17 PM

FFS Smurf get a grip of yourself. I played in some right good teams and can safely say I do not recall once having a pre match meal. What I ate was important but who I ate it with wasn't. Whether they eat together pre match or not has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the result.
They are together every day at training and also eat there. I would think a post match bevy would do more for bonding etc.

3pm
26-09-2011, 08:22 PM
I think its blatantly obvious we've been on a downward spiral since 2000.

Funnily enough about the time I stopped cooking their lunch.

Spooky :rolleyes:

I think your jumping the gun considering it's only 20 past 9.

matty_f
26-09-2011, 08:31 PM

Why do you think we're making cuts then? We've not got a bottomless pit of money, therefore in order to fund signings etc and balance the books, cuts have to be made. This is a cut, is it not?

How is that ridiculous? Being astonished and astounded at a meal not happening any more is ridiculous, but suggesting that cuts are being made in order to free up money needed for the first team most certainly isn't.

Party line :faf: Sometimes I think you make some decent posts Smurf, but then you come out with this pish and it undermines everything you say.

smurf
26-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Why do you think we're making cuts then? We've not got a bottomless pit of money, therefore in order to fund signings etc and balance the books, cuts have to be made. This is a cut, is it not?

How is that ridiculous? Being astonished and astounded at a meal not happening any more is ridiculous, but suggesting that cuts are being made in order to free up money needed for the first team most certainly isn't.

Party line :faf: Sometimes I think you make some decent posts Smurf, but then you come out with this pish and it undermines everything you say.

I'm out and about at the moment so can't reply properly but interesting to note that my opinion is "Pish" because you don't agree with it. I think you are better than that.

Just quickly can I ask this question...

Going to a game are you more up for a game if you meet up with a few mates before it or going straight to the game on your own?

And out of interest are you aware that McLeish had the players all together for breakfast and lunch?

BoltonHibee
26-09-2011, 09:31 PM

Ok now it's been mentioned it makes us look like an amateur side.

So you think it's the correct decision do you Matty? ( Scrapping pre match meals)

matty_f
26-09-2011, 10:15 PM
I'm out and about at the moment so can't reply properly but interesting to note that my opinion is "Pish" because you don't agree with it. I think you are better than that.

Just quickly can I ask this question...

Going to a game are you more up for a game if you meet up with a few mates before it or going straight to the game on your own?

And out of interest are you aware that McLeish had the players all together for breakfast and lunch?

To be honest, I'm up for most of the games regardless, particularly if there's been a lot of chat about the game through the week.

I wasn't aware that McLeish did that, however it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to this debate, IMHO.

And you're opinion isn't pish because I disagree with it, the pish is the 'towing the party line' nonsense, which totally dismisses other people's opinions by making out they're just spinning an argument that they don't really believe.

Ok now it's been mentioned it makes us look like an amateur side.

So you think it's the correct decision do you Matty? ( Scrapping pre match meals)

I don't know if it's the right decision or not, but I'll say for certain that if the cuts that the club are making off the field are to minimize the cuts on the park, then I'm all for them.

I'm certain that the manager would have been involved in any decision to change pre-match routines, and if he is happy enough to go without a pre-match meal then it's fine with me.

Are folk genuinely suggesting that we're not winning more games because the meal's been ditched?

smurf
27-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Osbourne in tonights EEN incredulous when hearing of our home record of no win since Feb.... appears to not at all have been aware of it...

Maybe a wee lunch together before a game to communicate such issues might be an idea from a motivational point of view...

You couldn't make it up...

one day maybe...
27-09-2011, 02:27 PM
FFS Smurf get a grip of yourself. I played in some right good teams and can safely say I do not recall once having a pre match meal. What I ate was important but who I ate it with wasn't. Whether they eat together pre match or not has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the result.
They are together every day at training and also eat there. I would think a post match bevy would do more for bonding etc.

Aye back at the Goth, Wilmo's or the Deanbank, or them all if it was a victory :wink:

matty_f
27-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Osbourne in tonights EEN incredulous when hearing of our home record of no win since Feb.... appears to not at all have been aware of it...

Maybe a wee lunch together before a game to communicate such issues might be an idea from a motivational point of view...

Do you think they can only talk over a meal? I don't know why, but I have this vision in my head now of people imagining the players coming in and not saying a word to each other (having not spoken to each other all week, as well) and just getting changed in silence before a quick pep talk from Billy Brown (not CC, he'll not have delivered any messages since joining the club probably).

FWIW, I communicated stuff out to my team at work today, and we all had lunch at different times, as we do most days. We've had a great day, too!

You couldn't make it up!

Kaiser1962
27-09-2011, 03:09 PM

In rugby we used to always have a post match meal/bevy with both teams,the coaching staff and the ref and linesmen were also there. Still happens at representative level, not so sure about clubs or the national leagues now, and is always good for making sure nothing is carried forward.

smurf
27-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Do you think they can only talk over a meal? I don't know why, but I have this vision in my head now of people imagining the players coming in and not saying a word to each other (having not spoken to each other all week, as well) and just getting changed in silence before a quick pep talk from Billy Brown (not CC, he'll not have delivered any messages since joining the club probably).

FWIW, I communicated stuff out to my team at work today, and we all had lunch at different times, as we do most days. We've had a great day, too!

You couldn't make it up!

So how come our shameful home record hasn't been communicated to this player in particular?

In any other industry employees would be made more than aware of their poor performance. It appears our players are cocooned from reality.

The reality is our performance and results are pathetic and given our resources shameful.

You are defending the status quo and I am questioning it!

matty_f
27-09-2011, 03:32 PM
So how come our shameful home record hasn't been communicated to this player in particular?

In any other industry employees would be made more than aware of their poor performance. It appears our players are cocooned from reality.

The reality is our performance and results are pathetic and given our resources shameful.

You are defending the status quo and I am questioning it!

I'm not defending the status quo, not defending the performances or results.

I'm (literally) laughing at the suggestion that Osbourne doesn't know about the 'shameful' home record because he never had lunch with the rest of the team.

Why has it not been communicated to Osbourne? Maybe the manager and staff want to focus on the next game, rather than games that happened before Osbourne was at the club. Maybe because we've won a home game since that run started, and won it just a few weeks ago, from which point we've not tasted defeat at home, then the players and managers don't see a need to wet their pants worrying about something they have absolutely no control over anymore, other than to try and end it tomorrow.

Maybe Calderwood doesn't want the players getting in a winning position and thinking that there's some sort of monkey on their back about winning at home. How would I know why it's not been communicated!? Maybe it has and he's forgetful, maybe he didn't want to make a big deal of it with the journalist.

I don't think, with the best will in the world, that he doesn't know because they never had lunch, though.

CmoantheHibs
27-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Is it fact that the pre match meal together has been scrapped?Genuinely not sure if its true or not.Have seen arguements about it but never seen any official confirmation from the club:wink:Personally I dont think it is as major an issue as other things but feel it is an important part of the match day preperations.Its a time for the players to sit down and relax before the seriousness of the days business commences.They get fed every day at training so why not match day?

matty_f
27-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Is it fact that the pre match meal together has been scrapped?Genuinely not sure if its true or not.Have seen arguements about it but never seen any official confirmation from the club:wink:Personally I dont think it is as major an issue as other things but feel it is an important part of the match day preperations.Its a time for the players to sit down and relax before the seriousness of the days business commences.They get fed every day at training so why not match day?

I agree that it would probably be better to have the meal together (most clubs do it for a reason!) however, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they have a sit down and relax together, or a team meeting, or whatever, just without eating at the same time.

Maybe Calderwood thought these meetings would be more effective without the distraction of eating!

smurf
27-09-2011, 04:03 PM
I'm not defending the status quo, not defending the performances or results.

I'm (literally) laughing at the suggestion that Osbourne doesn't know about the 'shameful' home record because he never had lunch with the rest of the team.

Why has it not been communicated to Osbourne? Maybe the manager and staff want to focus on the next game, rather than games that happened before Osbourne was at the club. Maybe because we've won a home game since that run started, and won it just a few weeks ago, from which point we've not tasted defeat at home, then the players and managers don't see a need to wet their pants worrying about something they have absolutely no control over anymore, other than to try and end it tomorrow.

Maybe Calderwood doesn't want the players getting in a winning position and thinking that there's some sort of monkey on their back about winning at home. How would I know why it's not been communicated!? Maybe it has and he's forgetful, maybe he didn't want to make a big deal of it with the journalist.

I don't think, with the best will in the world, that he doesn't know because they never had lunch, though.

You honestly think I'm seriously suggesting that they (he) aren't aware of the home record (and yes it is shameful) of SPL (Yes the Berwick win was nice) results because they don't have a lunch? Come on! What I'm suggesting quite obviously tongue in cheek I would have thought is that perhaps in such a get together such things would be discussed... Of course I'm not suggesting in only a pre match lunch can it be discussed!

I come from a sales background. Monday morning breakfast meeting where believe me you leave knowing exactly where you are in terms of performance and exactly what you need to do. As football is a results driven business I would rather have suspected footballers would similarly know exactly where they are etc. And I confess to being surprised that they don't.

Given our current performance and results I just don't see why everything shouldn't be questioned and scrutinized. Because let's be honest something quite clearly isn't right.

I suspect that you would also defend the other bee in my bonnet today of CC not spying on St Johnstone on Sunday?

smurf
27-09-2011, 04:05 PM
I agree that it would probably be better to have the meal together (most clubs do it for a reason!) however, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they have a sit down and relax together, or a team meeting, or whatever, just without eating at the same time.

Maybe Calderwood thought these meetings would be more effective without the distraction of eating!

But the point being IF this is/was CC's way of thinking then results suggest he's perhaps got it wrong?

truehibernian
27-09-2011, 04:08 PM

You couldn't make it up!

:agree:

Only subjects up for discussion would be birds, bookies, golf handicap and slagging the gaffer. Absolutely no different to what the players talk about on the golf course, William Hill's or in Lulu.

In saying that, when I played many many years ago in a tournament in Ayr (juvenile), Rangers (who at the time were managed by Jock Wallace) arrived all in suits and club ties, and indeed, all ate together in a very disciplined manner. We turned up in baggy jeans and flock of seagulls haircuts, and ate chips and had food fights ! We were gubbed 6-0 with a young John Spencer scoring 4. I still think it was our haircuts and mullets that let us down, not the pre-match meal :greengrin

In all seriousness, I don't look too much into the pre-match meal thing. Club discipline and professionalism I do though. That includes timing, dress code, off field discipline and training. The pre-match meal won't affect results too much. Team bonding happens usually in bars or nightclubs I'm afraid. And in the bookies or golf course during the week.

Anyway, for all the slagging wee Wotherspoon has taken this week from a few Hibees, I'm putting a wee wager on him scoring again against his team, the Saintees. Get tight on Sandaza and I can see a nice wee 3-1 win. I'll buy them all chips in the Tail End afterwards if they're hungry :greengrin

matty_f
27-09-2011, 05:29 PM
You honestly think I'm seriously suggesting that they (he) aren't aware of the home record (and yes it is shameful) of SPL (Yes the Berwick win was nice) results because they don't have a lunch? Come on! What I'm suggesting quite obviously tongue in cheek I would have thought is that perhaps in such a get together such things would be discussed... Of course I'm not suggesting in only a pre match lunch can it be discussed!

I come from a sales background. Monday morning breakfast meeting where believe me you leave knowing exactly where you are in terms of performance and exactly what you need to do. As football is a results driven business I would rather have suspected footballers would similarly know exactly where they are etc. And I confess to being surprised that they don't.

Given our current performance and results I just don't see why everything shouldn't be questioned and scrutinized. Because let's be honest something quite clearly isn't right.

I suspect that you would also defend the other bee in my bonnet today of CC not spying on St Johnstone on Sunday?

I think CC should have watched the game or if that wasn't possible for whatever reason, ensured that St Johnstone were watched. I suspect they'll have been watched more than once ahead of the game though.

I think things should be questioned as well, but I think folk being astounded and astonished and of the opinion that we're on a losing run because lunches have been scrapped, or that the team bonding has been hindered because they don't eat together, to be something quite ridiculous.

I also think some folk have had a massive over-reaction to the news that lunches have been scrapped.

ancient hibee
27-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Billy Brown watched St.Johnstone.

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Billy Brown watched St.Johnstone.

Suites me, he's the one with the brains.

matty_f
27-09-2011, 06:23 PM
How will it work with the evening kick-off? We've won our last couple of evening games (albeit one on penalties) - does anyone know if the players had tea together those nights?

Just if we're stuck I'll be leaving work a bit early, I could nip by KFC and drop some scran in for the players on my way in.

Danderhall Hibs
27-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Suites me, he's the one with the brains.

I know what you're going to do when we build on this unbeaten run and move up the league.

stantonhibby
27-09-2011, 07:41 PM

is that your idea of motivation ? " we haven't won here since Feb " I would imagine negative chat like that is the sort of thing to be avoided, no ?

smurf
27-09-2011, 07:58 PM
is that your idea of motivation ? " we haven't won here since Feb " I would imagine negative chat like that is the sort of thing to be avoided, no ?

You know what you are absolutely right. Let's tell them they are doing just fantastically well.

Poor footballers they get such a tough time. Unlike any other profession let's absolutely not tell them when they are not doing what they should be.

So listen folks the next time you are pulled up by a gaffer or mentor at work or school on not being where you are in whatever you are doing just remind them "Hey that's negative!"

Perhaps Billy Brown shouldn't at 1-3 got in about them giving them as that too was "negative"...

matty_f
27-09-2011, 08:23 PM
You know what you are absolutely right. Let's tell them they are doing just fantastically well.Poor footballers they get such a tough time. Unlike any other profession let's absolutely not tell them when they are not doing what they should be.So listen folks the next time you are pulled up by a gaffer or mentor at work or school on not being where you are in whatever you are doing just remind them "Hey that's negative!"Perhaps Billy Brown shouldn't at 1-3 got in about them giving them as that too was "negative"...Go the other way and tell them they're not getting lunch til they win again.

BroxburnHibee
27-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Cant believe this ***h has made it to 4 pages.

Poor players are no getting a meal pre-match :hilarious

Has it been confirmed that there is no team meeting before the game as well?

Blame Petrie :agree:

smurf
27-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Go the other way and tell them they're not getting lunch til they win again.

Aye quite funny...

Though on the flipside had the club just recently introduced pre match meals as just about every other professional club does, for reasons a lot more than the 'scran' some are naively believing, you'd be singing the clubs praises!

matty_f
27-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Aye quite funny...Though on the flipside had the club just recently introduced pre match meals as just about every other professional club does, for reasons a lot more than the 'scan' some are naively believing, you'd be singing the clubs praises!I have said all along that i think it would be better if they had lunch together, so well done- you can read.

smurf
27-09-2011, 09:00 PM
I have said all along that i think it would be better if they had lunch together, so well done- you can read.

No need to be like that now. It's only a debate is it not?

matty_f
27-09-2011, 09:05 PM
No need to be like that now. It's only a debate is it not?

But it's ok to make the subtle digs about party lines, or making presumptions on what I think about CC not watching St Johnstone, or to tell me what I'd be saying if we introduced meals? Come on smurf, at least I'm not hiding the fact I'm taking the pish with some of the posts - would much rather than that the snidey wee digs.

stantonhibby
27-09-2011, 09:24 PM
But it's ok to make the subtle digs about party lines, or making presumptions on what I think about CC not watching St Johnstone, or to tell me what I'd be saying if we introduced meals? Come on smurf, at least I'm not hiding the fact I'm taking the pish with some of the posts - would much rather than that the snidey wee digs.

I'm not sure you can really have a proper debate with someone who admits to being astonished,depressed,concerned and best of all horrified all because the players don't have a pre match meal ? :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
27-09-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm not sure you can really have a proper debate with someone who admits to being astonished,depressed,concerned and best of all horrified all because the players don't have a pre match meal ? :greengrin

I've got to disagree with you here. Depressed was definitely the best superlative used on this thread.:greengrin

stantonhibby
27-09-2011, 09:31 PM
I've got to disagree with you here. Depressed was definitely the best superlative used on this thread.:greengrin

do you think ? I thought horrified was definitely the best...........had visions of the wee blue fellah going all ' Rita Hayworth ' with hand over mouth and swooning in best amateur dramatic fashion ? :greengrin

Peevemor
27-09-2011, 09:33 PM

Is there a better superlative than best?

lapsedhibee
27-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Depressed was definitely the best superlative used on this thread.:greengrin

Disagree. Depressed isn't a superlative. Shirley the superlative is depressedest?

You couldn't make this thread up!

Danderhall Hibs
27-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Disagree. Depressed isn't a superlative. Shirley the superlative is depressedest?

You couldn't make this thread up!

I'm now most depressed about this.

BTW I diagree - you could make this thread up.

smurf
27-09-2011, 09:42 PM

It's a bit of banter but yes I stand by my opinion. I think you have a default position of always defending club policy. At times its like you automatically go into spinning furiously for the club mode... I think you do as you are just defending your and our club but I think it can at times give out the impression of others who are 'Off message' being less of a 'Supporter'...

I respect your opinions though obviously disagree with many but aside from debate I'm not at all looking to make snidey digs and I've no reluctance to apologise if this is how you've taken that..

Perhaps I'm guilty at times of seeing the negative but hey 10th last season, embarrassing cup exits, the home record in the SPL since Feb, CC's overall record getting close to that of Duffy something IMHO seriously stinks at our club..

As a result of such pathetic 'Sporting performance' I absolutely am questioning everything.... Surely that's fair and legitimate? To be honest we need IMHO given our results a complete root and branch review of every single part of football operations...

I've long held the opinion that there is a mindset issue at our club. Expectations within the support that I believe are realistic are not seriously mirrored at the very top of our club. Yes the rhetoric is there... but IMHO we have a very conservative board of directors. I seriously doubt that there is an environment of real expectation that transmits from the boardroom through the manager and into east mains.

The pre match meal is much more IMHO than a "Free Scran". That this is no longer happening as part of our matchday preparation justifies IMHO questioning against the backdrop of our results the past couple of years. It may well be completely insignificant but to ridicule the questioning of it as some have is IMHO silly. I stand by my POV that its removal is just symptomatic of everything I feel is wrong at Easter Road/East Mains.

I've little faith in our manager. Like us all I hope and pray that not for very much longer we will be doubters. Starting tomorrow evening.

GGTTH.

silverhibee
27-09-2011, 09:59 PM

The club may provide the meals, but the players pay for them.

Danderhall Hibs
27-09-2011, 10:03 PM

Sounds like the canteen at my work.

smurf
27-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Sounds like the canteen at my work.

Are you an athlete? Does your employer have a vested interest in what you eat?

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2011, 10:40 PM
I know what you're going to do when we build on this unbeaten run and move up the league.

:faf: Yip i think i will hyper ventilate with all the excitement.

matty_f
27-09-2011, 10:44 PM
It's a bit of banter but yes I stand by my opinion. I think you have a default position of always defending club policy. At times its like you automatically go into spinning furiously for the club mode... I think you do as you are just defending your and our club but I think it can at times give out the impression of others who are 'Off message' being less of a 'Supporter'...

I respect your opinions though obviously disagree with many but aside from debate I'm not at all looking to make snidey digs and I've no reluctance to apologise if this is how you've taken that..

Perhaps I'm guilty at times of seeing the negative but hey 10th last season, embarrassing cup exits, the home record in the SPL since Feb, CC's overall record getting close to that of Duffy something IMHO seriously stinks at our club..

As a result of such pathetic 'Sporting performance' I absolutely am questioning everything.... Surely that's fair and legitimate? To be honest we need IMHO given our results a complete root and branch review of every single part of football operations...

I've long held the opinion that there is a mindset issue at our club. Expectations within the support that I believe are realistic are not seriously mirrored at the very top of our club. Yes the rhetoric is there... but IMHO we have a very conservative board of directors. I seriously doubt that there is an environment of real expectation that transmits from the boardroom through the manager and into east mains.

The pre match meal is much more IMHO than a "Free Scran". That this is no longer happening as part of our matchday preparation justifies IMHO questioning against the backdrop of our results the past couple of years. It may well be completely insignificant but to ridicule the questioning of it as some have is IMHO silly. I stand by my POV that its removal is just symptomatic of everything I feel is wrong at Easter Road/East Mains.

I've little faith in our manager. Like us all I hope and pray that not for very much longer we will be doubters. Starting tomorrow evening.

GGTTH.

I appreciate the apology but I can't agree that I go into any kind of default position. I call it as I see it and if I think there is a legitimate reason to complain about the club, the way it's run, or how the manager or players are doing things then I'll post it. I generally back it up as well, if I was just blindly posting that the board were/are right in everything I wouldn't be able to back up the arguments.

So the club are cutting costs by removing something that they don't have to pay for? Genius!:greengrin

silverhibee
28-09-2011, 10:06 AM
I appreciate the apology but I can't agree that I go into any kind of default position. I call it as I see it and if I think there is a legitimate reason to complain about the club, the way it's run, or how the manager or players are doing things then I'll post it. I generally back it up as well, if I was just blindly posting that the board were/are right in everything I wouldn't be able to back up the arguments.

So the club are cutting costs by removing something that they don't have to pay for? Genius!:greengrin

As far as i know the club take money from the players wages each month to pay for there meals, its written in there contract, maybe the club have reimbursed the players there fiver for pre match games. :greengrin

matty_f
28-09-2011, 11:02 AM
As far as i know the club take money from the players wages each month to pay for there meals, its written in there contract, maybe the club have reimbursed the players there fiver for pre match games. :greengrin

:hilarious:

It looks like the cost cutting is costing us a fiver a skull then!! Only at Hibs, eh??!!

bawheid
28-09-2011, 11:45 AM

GGTTH.

Smurf - you've been a doubter for a long, long time... I don't think a few wins will change your mind. You were a member of the Hands on Hibs movement and you've stated that your preference at that time was that Brian Kennedy took control of the club. Kennedy's subsequent involvement with Stockport County has completely blown the credibility of that argument away. An astonishing (see what I did there :wink:) lack of judgment, even with the benefit of hindsight.

A period of terrible results gives you the chance to promote your main agenda, which isn't anti-Hibernian, but is definitely anti-Petrie and Farmer.

smurf
28-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Smurf - you've been a doubter for a long, long time... I don't think a few wins will change your mind. You were a member of the Hands on Hibs movement and you've stated that your preference at that time was that Brian Kennedy took control of the club. Kennedy's subsequent involvement with Stockport County has completely blown the credibility of that argument away. An astonishing (see what I did there :wink:) lack of judgment, even with the benefit of hindsight.

A period of terrible results gives you the chance to promote your main agenda, which isn't anti-Hibernian, but is definitely anti-Petrie and Farmer.

Honestly that astonishing (wow!!) nonsense gave me the best laugh in a long time. A lot of Hibbys bigger and better than me were involved with Hands On Hibs.

Speedway
28-09-2011, 01:29 PM
What if the pre match meal was binned because neither the squad nor management wanted it.

The players in particular were sick of the rubber pizza slices.

ancient hibee
28-09-2011, 04:05 PM
When we are away should the meal(or non meal)be eaten : before getting on the bus
on the bus
after getting off the bus ?

To encourage bonding should the players be allowed to play poker on the back seat of the bus-or will this encourage sore losers(mind you that would be an improvement)

Is it true that all fans are going to be offered a meal before each game in order to improve athletic performance(ooh matron) and that this will later be withdrawn in order that we can bond with the players in their time of deprivation.

Anyone remember the fuss when Aberdeen withdrew the club toaster-don't think there are too many pre match meals there.

7Hero
28-09-2011, 04:15 PM
but is definitely anti-Petrie and Farmer.

fair play to smurf if that is the case, feel the same myself and have done for a very long time..

dp00
28-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Kinda thinking i should not have asked this question lol