PDA

View Full Version : Doors Open Day

Hibby D
25-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Has the Club missed a trick?

http://www.doorsopendays.org.uk/opendays/area_programmes.aspx?resPP=All&areaID=16

To be honest when I was looking at the list of venues I didn't expect to see the PBS there. Once I spotted it I felt disappointment that ER isn't involved. Properly marketed it could have been a good day out for families.

Might be worth a thought for next year.

Moulin Yarns
25-09-2011, 10:30 AM
That link answers your own question, D.

Doors Open Day is to allow the public into Historic Buildings and Ancient Monuments normally closed to the general public. The asbestos ridden main stand at the PBS qualifies under all those criteria while our modern stadium is open for tours all the time. :greengrin

Geo_1875
25-09-2011, 11:09 AM
No doubt they will have a capacity attendance.

LeithBoozy
25-09-2011, 11:33 AM
The Edinburgh Police will have enough on their hands looking after the 400,000 pink ones.

jdships
25-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Has the Club missed a trick?

http://www.doorsopendays.org.uk/opendays/area_programmes.aspx?resPP=All&areaID=16

To be honest when I was looking at the list of venues I didn't expect to see the PBS there. Once I spotted it I felt disappointment that ER isn't involved. Properly marketed it could have been a good day out for families.

Might be worth a thought for next year.

" Edinburgh Doors Open Day is organised by The Cockburn Association (Edinburgh's Civic Trust). Now in its 21st year, the event has become one of the capital's most popular free days out. This is your chance to explore some of Edinburgh's most architecturally, culturally and socially significant buildings. "

There's your answer !
Remember the PBS is in "Gorgie Slum Land " and therefore qualifies as being " culturally and socially significant "

:agree:

Hibby D
25-09-2011, 12:14 PM
" Edinburgh Doors Open Day is organised by The Cockburn Association (Edinburgh's Civic Trust). Now in its 21st year, the event has become one of the capital's most popular free days out. This is your chance to explore some of Edinburgh's most architecturally, culturally and socially significant buildings. "

There's your answer !
Remember the PBS is in "Gorgie Slum Land " and therefore qualifies as being " culturally and socially significant "

:agree:

But ER is "achitecturally, culturally and socially significant"

to me :boo hoo:

jdships
25-09-2011, 12:20 PM
But ER is "achitecturally, culturally and socially significant"

to me :boo hoo:

Come'on be fair !
Remember the PBS is in "Gorgie Slum Land "
We are in " Sunny Leith"

:greengrin:wink:

Bayern Bru
25-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Last chance to see the biggest bus shelter in mainland Britain before it becomes a Tesco?

I've missed out. :agree:

The Harp
25-09-2011, 09:00 PM
I noticed the publicity for the Tynecastle tour mentioned 'plenty of fun activities for youngsters.' I wonder if it included a prize for finding the biggest piece of fallen debris from the main stand? And was was the increasingly shoogly peg where Sergio currently hangs his jacket on show? :dunno:

down-the-slope
25-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Doors open is great...kids always have a list of options...we did British Geological Society...1970's building up at Kings Buildings (Edinburgh Uni) so the building is not always paramount....fantastic stuff for all ages by the scientists there...earth quakes / volcanoes / electro magnetic storms...3D mapping of bits of Scotland etc.....they have armfuls of reading materials / posters / websites to look at...and all before heading to ER....

So Yes the stadium & EM should be open on either the Sat or Sun (which ever we are not playing on).......then once visitors are in for free......find a way to get them to buy a ST :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
25-09-2011, 09:19 PM
I noticed the publicity for the Tynecastle tour mentioned 'plenty of fun activities for youngsters.'

Youngsters shouldn't be near Scotland's most beast friendly club

greenginger
25-09-2011, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=Hibby D;2928557]Has the Club missed a trick?

http://www.doorsopendays.org.uk/opendays/area_programmes.aspx?resPP=All&areaID (http://www.doorsopendays.org.uk/opendays/area_programmes.aspx?resPP=All&areaID=16)

NAW ! we already have our open goals days :greengrin

Bayern Bru
26-09-2011, 02:31 AM
I noticed the publicity for the Tynecastle tour mentioned 'plenty of fun activities for youngsters.' I wonder if it included a prize for finding the biggest piece of fallen debris from the main stand? And was was the increasingly shoogly peg where Sergio currently hangs his jacket on show? :dunno:

Treasure hunt - Find Gary MacKay's medals.

Hibrandenburg
26-09-2011, 05:54 AM
Horror tour, Gary MacKay turns up.