PDA

View Full Version : What the hell are you doing....

Captain Trips
24-09-2011, 08:37 PM
10th last year and still pi55ing about in the bottom area of league, CC and the board really need to do one, come on STF get some folk in here whom can get some sort of respect at ER, £4m on a training complex millions on a stand and we are getting served this crap over what is now an unacceptable amount of time, just goes to show you that the great RP and his infrascuture was a massive overspend at EM, its not the facilities its the players and the insruction they get and the scouting.

Time will only make this worse, they have had a enough time get them all tae **** and lets see Hibs actually up the right end of SPL, 10th??? and what 2nd bottom are you serious CC, SL, RP.

I might not have an alternative but this lot are a joke.

Jones28
24-09-2011, 08:53 PM
As shameful as it seems to be to say it these days, i actually really enjoyed todays game. Went ahead, went 3-1 down and came back from it. That showed a character and resiliance that has been hugely lacking at hibs lately. There was even a wee buzz about the place before kick off. Dont know the solution, but if hibs continue to improve then i think the problem will become less and less obvious. GGTTH

keep the faith
24-09-2011, 09:30 PM
As shameful as it seems to be to say it these days, i actually really enjoyed todays game. Went ahead, went 3-1 down and came back from it. That showed a character and resiliance that has been hugely lacking at hibs lately. There was even a wee buzz about the place before kick off. Dont know the solution, but if hibs continue to improve then i think the problem will become less and less obvious. GGTTH

I agree mate. I new team does not gel overnight and while the defense is still a disaster, we are now showing.character and scoring goals. Both if these things were missing a few weeks ago.

It's moves in the right direction. Confidence is the next thing we need and that comes with wins. I feel that's just round the corner.

hibs0666
24-09-2011, 09:32 PM
10th last year and still pi55ing about in the bottom area of league, CC and the board really need to do one, come on STF get some folk in here whom can get some sort of respect at ER, £4m on a training complex millions on a stand and we are getting served this crap over what is now an unacceptable amount of time, just goes to show you that the great RP and his infrascuture was a massive overspend at EM, its not the facilities its the players and the insruction they get and the scouting.

Time will only make this worse, they have had a enough time get them all tae **** and lets see Hibs actually up the right end of SPL, 10th??? and what 2nd bottom are you serious CC, SL, RP.

And breathe.

ronaldo7
24-09-2011, 09:33 PM

They might be a joke, but as you've no alternative we'd better let them get on with it eh:greengrin

BS44
24-09-2011, 09:44 PM

Fair play to you pal. At least your not comparing Hibs to a exhaust centre tonight.

snooky
24-09-2011, 10:56 PM
I watched the game on Alba & IMO .....
1) many times two of our players going for same ball/man
2) many times none of our players going for same ball/man
3) players static when we have throw-ins
4) first touches of several players crap
5) midfield non-existant
6) GOC & Towell best of the bunch
7) 6 offsides called wrong (5 aganst DU, 1 Hibs)
8) 10% football 90% dross from both sides

....:tin hat: securely on!

09) great fight back though :wink:
10) all our goals scored by letters O & G (GO'C, o.g., Agogo)

Captain Trips
24-09-2011, 11:04 PM
They might be a joke, but as you've no alternative we'd better let them get on with it eh:greengrin

I have no alternative doeant mean I cannot or should not say, we all have things in life we know or think are not right but may not have a soloution.

Captain Trips
24-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Fair play to you pal. At least your not comparing Hibs to a exhaust centre tonight.

I think I may prefer staff from the exhaust centre to have a crack at the football.

Captain Trips
24-09-2011, 11:07 PM
I agree mate. I new team does not gel overnight and while the defense is still a disaster, we are now showing.character and scoring goals. Both if these things were missing a few weeks ago.

It's moves in the right direction. Confidence is the next thing we need and that comes with wins. I feel that's just round the corner.

Some size of corner this, heard this on several occasions over last 12-18mths and we are lying in a pi55 poor SPL position still, we will not get round corner as the wheels are off.

matty_f
25-09-2011, 08:15 AM

I agree with you both. I think the last couple of seasons have made it difficult to see positives at Hibs, but there are some there.

nortonhibby
25-09-2011, 06:59 PM

I am more optimistic than you, we are scoring goals now, we are only 2 wins from top six, there is a slow but steady improvement.:flag:

Stevie Reid
27-09-2011, 11:06 AM
I am more optimistic than you, we are scoring goals now, we are only 2 wins from top six, there is a slow but steady improvement.:flag:

We are only two wins from the top 6 at the moment - however we have managed 2 wins out of our last 18 SPL games.

We are scoring more goals, but there is no improvement - in the last 2 league games we have been just as crap but in a more entertaining way.

7Hero
27-09-2011, 11:18 AM
bit sad that being optimistic now means we may survive in the league and crawl up it..

club is rotten from the very top, jotters for them all

Twa Cairpets
27-09-2011, 11:27 AM
I watched the game on Alba & IMO .....
1) many times two of our players going for same ball/man
2) many times none of our players going for same ball/man
3) players static when we have throw-ins
4) first touches of several players crap
5) midfield non-existant
6) GOC & Towell best of the bunch
7) 6 offsides called wrong (5 aganst DU, 1 Hibs)
8) 10% football 90% dross from both sides

....:tin hat: securely on!

09) great fight back though :wink:
10) all our goals scored by letters O & G (GO'C, o.g., Agogo)

and A and C...

Captain Trips
27-09-2011, 11:29 AM
bit sad that being optimistic now means we may survive in the league and crawl up it..

club is rotten from the very top, jotters for them all

Indeed some people have failed big time on the running of the football side of the operation. We simply should not be even dixcussing bottom 6 football ever yet we are. Looking at progress being top 6, serious failure at Hibs.

RIP
27-09-2011, 11:38 AM

Of course you have an alternative mate.
Are you willing to do something about it other than complain on a messageboard?

hibs0666
27-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Of course you have an alternative mate.
Are you willing to do something about it other than complain on a messageboard?

I don't think the bloke goes to many games.

Captain Trips
27-09-2011, 01:19 PM
It will likely just remain on here along with moans at refs,fixtures,signings,tactics and all else folk moan at. not 1 issue dver really has enough numbers to push on outwith here.

nortonhibby
27-09-2011, 09:02 PM
We are only two wins from the top 6 at the moment - however we have managed 2 wins out of our last 18 SPL games.

We are scoring more goals, but there is no improvement - in the last 2 league games we have been just as crap but in a more entertaining way.

I also feel the pain but it is improving we are scoring goals we are fighting back the desire is there we can get top 6:flag:

HibsMax
27-09-2011, 09:04 PM

I also feel the pain but it is improving we are scoring goals we are fighting back the desire is there we can get top 6:flag:

What he said. :D

I think we are improving albeit it slowly. Too slowly for some? No doubt. All I want to see at this point in time is progress and we're undeniably making that. It's still not time to plan any parades though.

nortonhibby
27-09-2011, 09:19 PM

I think we are improving albeit it slowly. Too slowly for some? No doubt. All I want to see at this point in time is progress and we're undeniably making that. It's still not time to plan any parades though.
:flag:
We can make top 6 and a Scotish cup semi

Captain Trips
27-09-2011, 09:49 PM

Improving way too slowly imo it all depends where you have a starting point, mine is 2007 after cup win perfect springboard, some will have it as a starting point from start of CC or start of season, as far as a board issue they have had 4yrs to get this sorted.

Hibs12thMan
27-09-2011, 10:27 PM
I might not have an alternative

I will likely just remain on here along with moans at refs,fixtures,signings,tactics and all else folk moan at. Not 1 issue ever really has enough numbers to push on outwith here.

Sorry but that's nonsense.

Last year 2 guys started a small petition to get a Singing Section in the East. One year on and we have flag storage lockers; 150 flags; One permanent banner and more to come; good displays (a la Green Day, Celtic game); more singing at games and dozen of activists across Hibs12thMan and Section43. That's supporters power. H12M are now in increasingly regular contact with directors and club management

The AGM and Supporters forums are the next step. We need to come out from behind our keyboards and start eyeballing the people who run our club. After so many hundreds of hours posting complaints - are you not willing to give up a tiny proportion of those hours to help Hibs move forward?

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?218791-Fans-Forums-Do-you-have-the-courage-of-your-convictions

Captain Trips
27-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Sorry but that's nonsense.

Last year 2 guys started a small petition to get a Singing Section in the East. One year on and we have flag storage lockers; 150 flags; One permanent banner and more to come; good displays (a la Green Day, Celtic game); more singing at games and dozen of activists across Hibs12thMan and Section43. That's supporters power. H12M are now in increasingly regular contact with directors and club management

The AGM and Supporters forums are the next step. We need to come out from behind our keyboards and start eyeballing the people who run our club. After so many hundreds of hours posting complaints - are you not willing to give up a tiny proportion of those hours to help Hibs move forward?

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?218791-Fans-Forums-Do-you-have-the-courage-of-your-convictions

It is not nonsense you pick 1 issue, I can think of several where no action other than on here was taken, yes well done on singing section in my experience that is an exception. And that singing section will obviously garner positive contact from club as a pose to a more critical issue.

I think to compare the 12th man to people wanting board members to resign is a nonsense,I do not see the club helping to organise anything that will put them under pressure so that is 1 avenue of suport folk like me wont have that 12th man do, yes 12th man is a good thing that has solid backing from club, this is a totally different scenario.

I have contacted club several times I am not one to then post what was discussed on here as it tends to end up in ridicule for that person, I have put my name out there for those at club and made my feelings clear to the current members of the club.

Musselbound
27-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Mixu was sacked for only making the top 6 a few years ago. That's how far expectations have fallen under Calderwood.

SouthamptonHibs
28-09-2011, 12:07 AM
Hibs are Brutal!

Sometimes enjoyable going forward! If not for GOC we'd have no points!
At the back it's shocking full of young kids!
Not back until the Utd game at xmas, ooh how the mighty have the Hibees fell!, love the team used to consider myself up with the ubber fans but only go and see them when i'm flying up to see family now!
Within 3 years the standard has fallen shockingly! we can hardily even pass a ball!

Possibly solution! Close east mains get them back training at Pinkie and Wardie, no perks, make them set the goals up and start getting back to grass roots football! apart from the old firm and Hearts i'm sure thats how the rest of the SPL is run! least we might win the other games

Hail Hail

Peevemor
28-09-2011, 12:08 AM
Mixu was sacked for only making the top 6 a few years ago. That's how far expectations have fallen under Calderwood.

Are you sure?

Hibs12thMan
28-09-2011, 08:07 AM
It is not nonsense you pick 1 issue, I can think of several where no action other than on here was taken, yes well done on singing section in my experience that is an exception. And that singing section will obviously garner positive contact from club as a pose to a more critical issue.

I think to compare the 12th man to people wanting board members to resign is a nonsense,I do not see the club helping to organise anything that will put them under pressure so that is 1 avenue of suport folk like me wont have that 12th man do, yes 12th man is a good thing that has solid backing from club, this is a totally different scenario.

I have contacted club several times I am not one to then post what was discussed on here as it tends to end up in ridicule for that person, I have put my name out there for those at club and made my feelings clear to the current members of the club.

Well done for contacting the club individually and several times at that. How did that go? The feedback we have had from other individuals is that you end up feeling patronised and alone. Other clubs benefit from a single broad organisation (or group of groups), usually in the form of a Supporters Trust. The Hibs Board don't see that - so they end up dealing separately with discontent individuals, protest groups, Facebook petitions and the Supporters Association

Is it not time to pull together all individuals like you into a united voice for supporters in our dealings with the club? We are interested in building upon our links with club management and Fife, Scott, Russell et al are genuine in their desire to talk to supporters.

Since taking over the running of the club from Rod Petrie these guys have started responding regularly to letters, organised face to face meetings with supporters and meet Hibbies face to face under the stands and in Behind The Goals on Matchdays. They have regular interviews on Hibs TV, started a free YouTube service and are now organising face to face Supporters Forums on key issues after the AGM.

Well done Carlsberg on putting your name forward for the forums
http://www.hibs.net/poll.php?pollid=3482&do=showresults

New role for Hibs12thMan in 2011/2012
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?218235-Hibs12thman-The-Next-Steps
Hibs12thMan will aim to work constructively with Hibernian FC and aim to ensure that supporters’ comments and opinions are listened to and acted upon by the Club and its representatives. We will use current websites, forums and Facebook sites to poll supporters, taking your views and campaigning on issues that you feel strongly about.

We will raise individual issues on behalf of fans as well as broader concerns, such as on-field performance, playing style, discipline, ticket pricing and facilities for supporters. We will endeavour to act as a liaison group between Hibs Supporters and the custodians at our Club.

If you would like to join us please write a pm to Hibs12thMan

Beefster
28-09-2011, 09:00 AM
I agree with you both. I think the last couple of seasons have made it difficult to see positives at Hibs, but there are some there.

Absolutely agree. My pie was actually hot and grisle-free on Saturday. I almost wet myself with astonishment/excitement.

Hibs12thMan will aim to work constructively with Hibernian FC and aim to ensure that supporters’ comments and opinions are listened to and acted upon by the Club and its representatives. We will use current websites, forums and Facebook sites to poll supporters, taking your views and campaigning on issues that you feel strongly about.

This isn't a criticism of the entire concept of H12M as I think some of the things that you are excellent. However, you can't claim to represent all Hibs fans until you think about 'offline' supporters (the vast majority don't use Net, Bounce, Facebook etc) and have some sort of constitution and democracy in who does the representing. There are a few folk on here that I would love to speak to Hibs on my behalf (where art thou, Jonnyboy?) but far more that I wouldn't.

You may already be planning stuff but, if not, hopefully you find that constructive rather than thinking I'm just 'having a go' for the sake of it.

Dashing Bob S
28-09-2011, 09:14 AM
Absolutely agree. My pie was actually hot and grisle-free on Saturday. I almost wet myself with astonishment/excitement.

This isn't a criticism of the entire concept of H12M as I think some of the things that you are excellent. However, you can't claim to represent all Hibs fans until you think about 'offline' supporters (the vast majority don't use Net, Bounce, Facebook etc) and have some sort of constitution and democracy in who does the representing. There are a few folk on here that I would love to speak to Hibs on my behalf (where art thou, Jonnyboy?) but far more that I wouldn't.

You may already be planning stuff but, if not, hopefully you find that constructive rather than thinking I'm just 'having a go' for the sake of it.

Staggering to the point of inconceivable. I had a mad rush to the stadium and didn't get anything to eat and bit the bullet and bought one of those things for the first time in years. I took a bite and slung it into the rubbish. I literally opted for starvation instead. That substance should never be described as food.