PDA

View Full Version : Osborne

down-the-slope
24-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Best game so far for the club MoM by some way for me. still think there is plenty more to come from him (there is a fair bit to work on).But his age is good. He must have the longest legs i've ever seen - some of the balls he rescued by wrapping his legs around the player in possesion were great. He has a style that i think makes him look almost too relaxed...when i think that belies his actual pace. Think if we could get a real ugly / experienced sitter (ie not Victor) holding we could see him play with more freedom.

Second half he had a period where he got a grip and was very conrolled in tight midfield. We could really benefit from getting him on the ball more and getting the defence to reduce the aimless Hoofs - as well as getting more width to give the out balls for his play

IWasThere2016
24-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Yup - its gotta be on the deck and through him.

TornadoHibby
24-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Best game so far for the club MoM by some way for me. still think there is plenty more to come from him (there is a fair bit to work on).But his age is good. He must have the longest legs i've ever seen - some of the balls he rescued by wrapping his legs around the player in possesion were great. He has a style that i think makes him look almost too relaxed...when i think that belies his actual pace. Think if we could get a real ugly / experienced sitter (ie not Victor) holding we could see him play with more freedom.

Second half he had a period where he got a grip and was very conrolled in tight midfield. We could really benefit from getting him on the ball more and getting the defence to reduce the aimless Hoofs - as well as getting more width to give the out balls for his play

Just said something similar about Osbourne (but in a lot less words! :wink: ) on another thread! :agree:

Defo MOTM for me too! :agree:

H18sry
24-09-2011, 07:54 PM
I thought he was better today but gave the ball away cheaply in the lead up to there 1st goal :agree:

hibsbollah
24-09-2011, 07:55 PM
I've liked him from the start but today was indeed his best performance yet. He's getting no help from his midfield colleagues though, he needs help. Victor Palsson please stand up and be counted.

CallumLaidlaw
24-09-2011, 07:57 PM
He is very good when he. Is on the ball, but when the opposition have the ball, he never seems to move out of a jog. Hopefully he will up that.

Clarence
24-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Totally agree. Dare I say his performance was Rocastle-esque? I also looked for more from VP in the holding role and felt a stronger player could give Osbourne more support. Now we just need someone to fill the matty jack role.

greenlex
24-09-2011, 08:06 PM
I thought he was better today but gave the ball away cheaply in the lead up to there 1st goal :agree:
Was it not Agogo that was mugged leading to their first goal?

BroxburnHibee
24-09-2011, 08:10 PM
MOM for me as well

Gmack7
24-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Was it not Agogo that was mugged leading to their first goal?
you need your eyes tested agogo was mugged for the 2nd goal

greenlex
24-09-2011, 08:14 PM
you need your eyes tested agogo was mugged for the 2nd goal
Its not my eyes its my attention span. :greengrin

Clarence
24-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Totally agree. Dare I say his performance was Rocastle-esque? I also looked for more from VP in the holding role and felt a stronger player could give Osbourne more support. Now we just need someone to fill the matty jack role.

Mikey
24-09-2011, 08:31 PM
If anyone wants the chance to tell him personally :greengrin ..........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?216166-Hibs.net-Sponsorship-2011-2012-Isaiah-Osbourne

AL-Qaholik
24-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Opinions, eh?

I thought Osbourne, Palsson and Agogo were utterly hopeless...
Yes two of them scored (well, sort of in Osbourne's case) but they were also responsible (at least in part) for two of the goals we lost.
Palsson was just generally abysmal...

Thought Towell coped well under a lot of pressure, but where on earth would we be without O'Connor??

down-the-slope
24-09-2011, 08:47 PM
If anyone wants the chance to tell him personally :greengrin ..........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?216166-Hibs.net-Sponsorship-2011-2012-Isaiah-Osbourne

Ive taken the hint....lost count of my entry / lack of success ratio with these things though :rolleyes:

Mikey
24-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Ive taken the hint....lost count of my entry / lack of success ratio with these things though :rolleyes:

Well you've got a pretty decent chance at the moment :greengrin

Cheers for that :not worth

hibsbollah
24-09-2011, 08:51 PM

Its shameful when folk resort to playing the sympathy card in order to get favourable treatment to win a competition:faf:

Green and white
24-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Opinions, eh?

I thought Osbourne, Palsson and Agogo were utterly hopeless...
Yes two of them scored (well, sort of in Osbourne's case) but they were also responsible (at least in part) for two of the goals we lost.
Palsson was just generally abysmal...

Thought Towell coped well under a lot of pressure, but where on earth would we be without O'Connor??

Agogo got motm with 1 assist 1 goal. I know he didn't perform exceptionally but he had a decent game. Osbourne tried to do things the correct way although due to poor movement in the midfield it rarely ever resulted in anything creative, he often had to go back. I like Towell, I think he's our best player in the back 4. We majorly need defenders because they were a bit tragic today.

Bishop Hibee
24-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Agree Osbourne was MoM for Hibs. He got stuck in and didn't waste too many passes. Shame he is one paced. Nice to see a midfielder find space in the box though for our 2nd goal.

Clarence
24-09-2011, 10:05 PM

greenlex
24-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Totally agree. Dare I say his performance was Rocastle-esque? I also looked for more from VP in the holding role and felt a stronger player could give Osbourne more support. Now we just need someone to fill the matty jack role. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punxsutawney_Phil