PDA

View Full Version : Own up then...

Barney McGrew
24-09-2011, 07:07 PM
.....who left at 3-1 and missed our second and third goals?

Ya part timers :na na:

:devil:

tamig
24-09-2011, 07:11 PM
.....who left at 3-1 and missed our second and third goals?

Ya part timers :na na:

:devil:

Was sitting with my boy at the game and he even said "Dad, these folk leaving don't have any belief." Said it all for me really. A couple of goals lost by silly mistakes - again - and then the scarf throwing brigade are back out. Was really pleased the boys showed some grit and shoved it right up them.

hibsbollah
24-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Me :greengrin

The first time ever, i even stayed to the end of the 4-0 yams semi-final but the bairn was bored today and when it went 3-1 we sneaked off. Heard the cheers for the 2nd and 3rd and ran back...thanks to the security guy who let us back in, despite being told off by his boss.

A cautionary tale. Never leave early :greengrin

Stewboy
24-09-2011, 07:48 PM
I did

Utter dross

Gatecrasher
24-09-2011, 07:49 PM
I did

Utter dross
:agree:

CallumLaidlaw
24-09-2011, 07:55 PM
At 3-1, My 6 year old said to me "dad this is rubbish. We're gonna lose". My reply was "this is what being a hibs fan is all about. You follow them through winning and losing. It doesn't feel great but it's what it's all about". I wasn't sure I believed what I was saying myself at that point. Was great watching him jumping around at our 3rd goal tho :agree:

down-the-slope
24-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Me :greengrin

The first time ever, i even stayed to the end of the 4-0 yams semi-final but the bairn was bored today and when it went 3-1 we sneaked off. Heard the cheers for the 2nd and 3rd and ran back...thanks to the security guy who let us back in, despite being told off by his boss.

A cautionary tale. Never leave early :greengrin

You can bugger off anytime you like if thats the result....2 goals as soon as you are ofski.....maybe a 4th would have come if you kept walking......:wink:

Alfred E Newman
24-09-2011, 08:04 PM
I have been critical of early leavers in the past but to be fair to them today there did not seem any prospect of a Hibs come back. At 1-3 we were abysmal and I for one did not see any way back and a heavier defeat looked on the cards. We took advantage of the breaks we got with the two quick goals but unfortunately didn`t push for the winner.

Leith Green
24-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Was sitting with my boy at the game and he even said "Dad, these folk leaving don't have any belief." Said it all for me really. A couple of goals lost by silly mistakes - again - and then the scarf throwing brigade are back out. Was really pleased the boys showed some grit and shoved it right up them.

Cannae blame anyone for leaving any game early recently, especially today. However any clown who throws their scarf on the pitch is complete disgarce and an embarrasment to our support, really infuriating seeing that today and hope he got it tight for doing so.. Its the manager , players , board that are to blame for different things but they arent the club, once they are long gone Hibernian will still be here to love and scarf throwers should be well ashamed..

Club almost died in 1990 FFS ... get a grip!

ronaldo7
24-09-2011, 08:32 PM
I sit beside a guy and his two sons. When United went 3-1 up, I overheard one of his sons saying to him, "well dad that's it then", his Dad turned to him and said "we'll have to score 3 son and win 4-3". I only wish we had, but to see his laddies on their feet when we equalised was magic:thumbsup:

matty_f
24-09-2011, 08:41 PM
I sit beside a guy and his two sons. When United went 3-1 up, I overheard one of his sons saying to him, "well dad that's it then", his Dad turned to him and said "we'll have to score 3 son and win 4-3". I only wish we had, but to see his laddies on their feet when we equalised was magic:thumbsup:

My son wanted to go at 1-3 as well, (my daughter had wanted to go from 0-0 :greengrin) but he was jumping about when we equalised and was delighted that we stayed.

I'd have loved to have seen the reaction if we'd got a winner.:agree:

ekhibee
24-09-2011, 10:31 PM
Guilty as charged. I don't always stay to the end anyway, not cos I don't want to, but because I live in the west and driving back can take that much longer when you're caught in fitba traffic. But after the 3rd DU goal went in I did think there was no way back for us, so decided to beat the traffic this time. Sooo glad to be proved wrong though!!

Tranent Hibby
24-09-2011, 10:56 PM
The last time I left early was yonks ago at *********** at 2-0 down and Joe McBride nailed two free kicks to get us a draw, have never left early again. As for the scarf throwing I believe it was from the section where some folks who use wheelchairs sit.
I despise the scarf throwing brigade, our team may let us down time and again however the scarf is our club colours and to see them thrown on the pitch and left lying there with 20 minutes to play was disgusting.

Sir David Gray
24-09-2011, 11:05 PM
The last time I left early was yonks ago at *********** at 2-0 down and Joe McBride nailed two free kicks to get us a draw, have never left early again. As for the scarf throwing I believe it was from the section where some folks who use wheelchairs sit.
I despise the scarf throwing brigade, our team may let us down time and again however the scarf is our club colours and to see them thrown on the pitch and left lying there with 20 minutes to play was disgusting.

Well it wasn't me, before anyone asks. :greengrin

Don't know if it did come from the wheelchair section but it certainly came from an area in the east stand, close to the Famous Five.

I didn't leave early, either! :wink:

Sodje_18
24-09-2011, 11:43 PM
I went to leave early for the first time ever, wound up celebrating our second half way down the east stand stairs :greengrin Got tae my seat back in time for the 3rd!

The Harp
25-09-2011, 12:09 AM

I hope the scarf thrower has regrets about making an *rse of himself/herself. Absolulely no excuse for that. I noticed one of the ball boys pick a scarf off the track at the end of the game and throw it back into the east stand - don't know if anyone claimed it.

ANDY McGEECHAN
25-09-2011, 06:29 AM
Well I never left at 3-1 I left at 2-1, utter utter pish. Been watching Hibs for nearly 50 years now and have felt betrayed, cheated, let down, shat on spat on and abused, but never ever have I felt so flippen BORED. What happened to entertainment. Rant over.

Mark79
25-09-2011, 06:56 AM
Anyone see the boy in the east going mental at sproule right after the 3rd utd goal? Sproule then proceeded to try and stare him out.

R'Albin
25-09-2011, 06:58 AM
I gave up with my media blackout and the game on Alba when united scored the second, if that counts:greengrin

Steve20
25-09-2011, 08:39 AM
I left because we were abysmal again.

Hardly shoving it up the people who left. We didn't win a game that we needed to win. A draw is not good enough.

H18sry
25-09-2011, 08:51 AM
A guy sitting along from me left at 3-1 got as far as the Albion saw it was 3-3 then returned and stayed until the end of the game :greengrin

Monkey Harris
25-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Stayed till the end, but proud of people who left as it was the first public display by our support that things need to change. Calderwood must go!!!!!!!

erin go bragh
25-09-2011, 09:30 AM

That game at the pbs was also my first and last time of leaving a game early[ still blame my big mate tho , i wanted to stay but he was having none of it ][big ed you know who you are,lol] thought the bus driver was taking the piss when he said " no bad result eh " no mobile phones in they days to check , gutted that i missed the goals but delighted we scored them .

GGTTH

Hillsidehibby
25-09-2011, 09:44 AM
I left a game early against Dundee Utd a while back. They went 2-0 up with about 15 mins to go. They were the masters of closing out games back then with Maurice Malpas and the likes.

Imagine my surprise when I got to the Golden Gates to find Hibs had won 3-2!!

justlikebrazil
25-09-2011, 09:47 AM
I did

Utter dross

I have a season ticket but sat in the hoose!!!

Utter dross