PDA

View Full Version : The fundamentals..........

Comiston Hibee
24-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Took 1 x Dons fan and 2x Arabs to the game today (all good guys who like the game and a few sherberts)
Arabs gutted as at 3-1 they thought it was all over. Me and Hibee pal happy with the get out of jail point
In the pub after the following points were made......
Neither keeper made a proper save all game
Not a creative midfielder on the park between the two teams
Nobody comfortable on the ball, too much kick and rush
But worst of all Hibs couldnt keep a clean sheet against the Girl Guide/Blind School Select - keeper needs changing and defines needs major overhaul

As another poster said we can't rely on scoring that many every week

Finally it is obvious CC has HIS players in the starting line up as they fought back well, and these draws are probably saving him from the Spanish Fiddler

Cocaine&Caviar
24-09-2011, 07:00 PM

Id say Flood is probably the most creative CM outside the OF in the division.

greenlex
24-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Took 1 x Dons fan and 2x Arabs to the game today (all good guys who like the game and a few sherberts)
Arabs gutted as at 3-1 they thought it was all over. Me and Hibee pal happy with the get out of jail point
In the pub after the following points were made......
Neither keeper made a proper save all game
Nobody comfortable on the ball, too much kick and rush
But worst of all Hibs couldnt keep a clean sheet against the Girl Guide/Blind School Select - keeper needs changing and defines needs major overhaul

As another poster said we can't rely on scoring that many every week

Finally it is obvious CC has HIS players in the starting line up as they fought back well, and these draws are probably saving him from the Spanish Fiddler
I think you and your pals should stay out the pub pre game. There was plenty passing from and around in midfeild from both teams.
Correct about the keepers to be fair but there was little kick and rush.

Alfred E Newman
24-09-2011, 07:33 PM
I think you and your pals should stay out the pub pre game. There was plenty passing from and around in midfeild from both teams.
Correct about the keepers to be fair but there was little kick and rush.

I thought there was plenty kick and too little rush.

TornadoHibby
24-09-2011, 07:52 PM
I thought there was plenty kick and too little rush.

Generally not enough composure on the ball particularly from the defence which inevitably means poor control of the ball and wrong choices made re passing both postionally and pace of pass!

Thought that Osbourne put in a great shift and pressured Utd players all the time pushing them to make mistakes or taking the ball from them! If he keeps up this kind of performance he'll be off to a bigger club before the season is out!

yekimevol
24-09-2011, 08:09 PM
looking at today i have scene three problems in the squad.

1 - keeping possession of the ball. our team had no playmaker nor a midfielder who would drive forward with the ball.

2 - the wingers would not stay wide. agogo was ment to be playing wide right at the top right of the 433 but was wondering about the middle witch put extra pressure on towell with both full back and wide midfielder attacking him and he had no out ball as agogo was no there. Witch also meant the team were narrower, more congested, there was no one attacking the full backs.

3- lack of leadership at the back, none was shouting nor directing the defense. I thought stack was vocal till he missed the motherwell squad and was quite today and o'hanlon the old man of the cb paring was a mute today.

a better line up may have been

stack
towell ohanlon hanlon murray
palsson
ozzy scott
wortherspoon o'connor booth.

spoony and booth would track back and stay wide and stretch the game. not sure what was wrong with jimmy today. But he has been really good in my opinion and is a first 11 player

Macaroon
24-09-2011, 08:17 PM
looking at today i have scene three problems in the squad.

1 - keeping possession of the ball. our team had no playmaker nor a midfielder who would drive forward with the ball.

2 - the wingers would not stay wide. agogo was ment to be playing wide right at the top right of the 433 but was wondering about the middle witch put extra pressure on towell with both full back and wide midfielder attacking him and he had no out ball as agogo was no there. Witch also meant the team were narrower, more congested, there was no one attacking the full backs.

3- lack of leadership at the back, none was shouting nor directing the defense. I thought stack was vocal till he missed the motherwell squad and was quite today and o'hanlon the old man of the cb paring was a mute today.

a better line up may have been

stack
towell ohanlon hanlon murray
palsson
ozzy scott
wortherspoon o'connor booth.

spoony and booth would track back and stay wide and stretch the game. not sure what was wrong with jimmy today. But he has been really good in my opinion and is a first 11 player

It's spelt "which" :tee hee:

Plus, Wotherspoon and Booth up front? I'll have some of what you're smoking please! Wotherspoon has been utter dross ever since the St Mirren game in which he scored 2 Seasons back, nevermind playing him in a RW. Booth is well off form as well and he is in no way a Left Winger. Good going forward as support yes, but I would never choose him over Sparky in that area

BEEJ
24-09-2011, 10:07 PM
It's spelt "which" :tee hee:

Plus, Wotherspoon and Booth up front? I'll have some of what you're smoking please! Wotherspoon has been utter dross ever since the St Mirren game in which he scored 2 Seasons back, nevermind playing him in a RW. Booth is well off form as well and he is in no way a Left Winger. Good going forward as support yes, but I would never choose him over Sparky in that area
That was just last season. So not that long then? :wink: