PDA

View Full Version : NHC Arrests For Alleged Sectarianism At Dunfermline v Rangers

Mikey
24-09-2011, 06:49 PM
The wording of this makes me think that it was Dunfermline fans that were arrested.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-15048684

madabouthibs
24-09-2011, 06:55 PM
What a loada *****!!!
How many times are Rangers and Celtic fans gonna get away with this pish, while the fans of the "wee" clubs are being huckled???
Reeks of easy targetism by the Police if you ask me! :confused::confused:

coco22
24-09-2011, 06:59 PM
add to that the arrests last week for anti-racist behaviour (also pars fans i believe). looks like the fife constabulary are doing what all officials have been asked to....weeding out the eejits. probably hear more and more incidents as the season goes on.

Allant1981
24-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Could easily hear songs sung by rangers fans that should be no where near a football stadium

Hibernia Na Eir
24-09-2011, 08:12 PM
a berwick rangers fan was ejected from Easter Rd for being over enthusiastic the other week. Police would'nt dare do that to a hun. Oh no. its high time we started watching the police as opposed to the fans belting out bile.

Hibernia Na Eir
24-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Could easily hear songs sung by rangers fans that should be no where near a football stadium I looked at the time on Sky, it was 2 minutes old, and sectarian singing was clearly evident by more than a minority.

Hibs Class
24-09-2011, 08:22 PM
What a loada *****!!!How many times are Rangers and Celtic fans gonna get away with this pish, while the fans of the "wee" clubs are being huckled???Reeks of easy targetism by the Police if you ask me! :confused::confused: Posted the same on the other thread about the racism arrest at our game last weekend. It does make you wonder about who makes the decisions about policing at games in Scotland.

The Modfather
24-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Personally, as long as a precedent is set, I would be happy if it was set with a smaller club (even us). It needs to start somewhere, and if it takes a club like ours, or Dunfermline being made the example of it means the cancer that is the majority of old firm fans will begin to actually be tackled.

Yes, it is ridiculous to pick on a isolated incident from a non old firm club when both halves have been singing their bile for over a century, but if the positive to come out of this is that there are no more blind eyes turned to the old firm I'll be delighted.

I love scotland, but I was embarassed to be in Oslo for the Scotland game under Burley (aside from the football :greengrin) to hear a group of Norwegians singing the famine song to me. It didn't offend me personally, and they didn't have a clue what they were singing about but if that's the kind of thing they pick up from Scottish football then I'm embarassed to be a Scottish football fan!

blueisthecolour
24-09-2011, 10:48 PM
I looked at the time on Sky, it was 2 minutes old, and sectarian singing was clearly evident by more than a minority.

Which song?

greenlex
25-09-2011, 08:32 AM
I know somwone who appeared in court after the Old Frm shame game last season. He was charged with sectarion something orother.
They dont wade in and and pull them during the game. They wait till after and arrest them as they are leaving. Going in and arresting individuals or groups durimg thegame could spark huge trouble so makes sense.

Moulin Yarns
25-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Which song?

Does it matter? I find Rule Brittania and God Save The Queen offensive :wink:

hibbymac
25-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Looks like it was Rangers fans that were arrested.

ronaldo7
25-09-2011, 10:59 AM
It seems the Fife constabulary, and Dunfermline fc are to be congratulated on their stand against Racism, and Sectarianism.

WELL DONE TO BOTH:thumbsup:

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/east-central/271846-three-men-charged-after-sectarian-incident-at-rangers-match/

joe breezy
25-09-2011, 12:54 PM
It seems the Fife constabulary, and Dunfermline fc are to be congratulated on their stand against Racism, and Sectarianism.

WELL DONE TO BOTH:thumbsup:

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/east-central/271846-three-men-charged-after-sectarian-incident-at-rangers-match/

At last :agree:

Geo_1875
25-09-2011, 01:09 PM
The police should just get the names and addresses of all OF fans at away games and arrest the lot of them. They will never be punished to any real extent while they can scapegoat the smaller teams.

LancashireHibby
25-09-2011, 02:26 PM
The police should just get the names and addresses of all OF fans at away games and arrest the lot of them. They will never be punished to any real extent while they can scapegoat the smaller teams.

According to the STV article, the three arrested are Rangers fans :thumbsup:

Hibernia Na Eir
25-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Which song? ask yer blue pals. all yer songs are killers. jog on

madabouthibs
25-09-2011, 07:10 PM
What a loada *****!!!
How many times are Rangers and Celtic fans gonna get away with this pish, while the fans of the "wee" clubs are being huckled???
Reeks of easy targetism by the Police if you ask me! :confused::confused:

So eh? It was Rangers fans eh??? Yess....... welll......... carry on. :aok::doh::hide:

Obviously its a conspiracy of sorts....... :greengrin

blueisthecolour
26-09-2011, 09:55 PM

What you find offensive and what is sectarian is two different things.

blueisthecolour
26-09-2011, 09:58 PM
ask yer blue pals. all yer songs are killers. jog on

If you going to go public and say you noticed at 2 mins sectarians songs were sung, at least have the let us know what you heard or are you now doubting it was sectarian?

CallumLaidlaw
26-09-2011, 09:58 PM
A colleague at work knows of some guys that were lifted in the Dunfermline end for singing. A couple were pars fans and a couple were Celtic fans apparently

Moulin Yarns
27-09-2011, 05:17 AM
Which song?

What you find offensive and what is sectarian is two different things. :rolleyes:

Are you as blind as Ian Brines? :wink:

Jack
27-09-2011, 07:05 AM
:rolleyes:Are you as blind as Ian Brines? :wink: Sight fine - hearing defective :-)

Kaiser1962
27-09-2011, 07:26 AM

You and your **** pals have gotten away with it for years. Remember the Orange jersey's as a tribute to the Dutch? :tee hee: Or the ****'s changing the word's "Fenian blood" to "hibee blood" and that made it all ok. Oh what a hoot that is. What were the domestic violence stats after the latest weegie get together again? The taxpayer will pick up the bill though, youz are skint.

Joe Baker II
27-09-2011, 04:14 PM

Agree but you seem to be conversing with morons on this thread.

The Harp
27-09-2011, 06:49 PM

... care to expand on that? :dunno:

Dashing Bob S
27-09-2011, 08:41 PM

I'm sure if you both switch to a Rangers supporters website you'll find the class of debate you're more accustomed to.

Allant1981
27-09-2011, 09:08 PM
I dont think the sash has any place in a football stadium and i clearly heard that being sung

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-09-2011, 09:21 PM
I dont think the sash has any place in a football stadium and i clearly heard that being sung Although that song has nothing at all to do with football, you could not lift bodies for signing it. iMO if at a public event you feel the need to tell people that deep down, you will take a dislike to people for other reasons than content of character or their actions, then you want people to know that you are a bigot/racist. Not sure if that needs pity or prosecution. When you used to hear the odious Billy Boys sung to a side full of Italian Catholics it was more of self-piss-take.

blueisthecolour
27-09-2011, 10:21 PM
You and your **** pals have gotten away with it for years. Remember the Orange jersey's as a tribute to the Dutch? :tee hee: Or the ****'s changing the word's "Fenian blood" to "hibee blood" and that made it all ok. Oh what a hoot that is. What were the domestic violence stats after the latest weegie get together again? The taxpayer will pick up the bill though, youz are skint.

You missing the point, someone says they heard sectarian singing, if that was the case why not just say what they heard?

Orange top anyone offended by that has problems IMO,lots of teams have orange tops although it was tangerine:wink:

Moulin Yarns
28-09-2011, 05:45 AM
You missing the point, someone says they heard sectarian singing, if that was the case why not just say what they heard?

Three Rangers supporters have been arrested in connection with sectarianism at the football match between Dunfermline and Rangers. It doesn't matter what anybody on here heard being sung. What matters is the outcome of the court cases against the accused. 3 less bigots, of whatever persuasion is a step in the right direction.

Your desperation to try and prove what is and isn't classed as sectarianism is helping noone.

Dinkydoo
28-09-2011, 06:05 AM
Three Rangers supporters have been arrested in connection with sectarianism at the football match between Dunfermline and Rangers. It doesn't matter what anybody on here heard being sung. What matters is the outcome of the court cases against the accused. 3 less bigots, of whatever persuasion is a step in the right direction.

Your desperation to try and prove what is and isn't classed as sectarianism is helping noone.

Whilst I agree with the first paragraph I'm not sure if there is any desperation in his posts to prove what is and isn't classed as sectarianism. The poster in question that claimed he heard a sectarian song being sung two minutes into the game does have a bit of history of posting anti-union, republican comments.

I'm guessing Blueisthecolour has picked up on this from before and has therefore asked him to justify his statement - which as of yet, interestingly enough, he has not.

I don't doubt that the huns were singing their usual ***** about Britannia, the pope/queen and fenian blood; if someone makes a statement then they should have to back it up.

Black Kyle
28-09-2011, 06:30 AM
Nine emptied from Greyskull last night apparently.........

green&left
28-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Nine emptied from Greyskull last night apparently.........

Was two or three apparently. Rest of the group walked out in support......

Rangers and Celtic have both had anti-SNP banners this week at matches with regards to this 'Offensive Behaviour at Football' nonsense.

JimBHibees
28-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Was two or three apparently. Rest of the group walked out in support......

Rangers and Celtic have both had anti-SNP banners this week at matches with regards to this 'Offensive Behaviour at Football' nonsense.

Why do you consider it nonsense. If people are being lifted at games for this sort of thing I say good on the Authorities as to be honest it is completely unacceaptable in a supposed civilised society in the 21st century.

blueisthecolour
28-09-2011, 01:29 PM

As far as im aware it wasn't for a sectarian song they were lifted it was for a shout of ftp, now this may come as a surprise to you but I DON'T agree with shouting this and the people who have shouted it knew the consequences, if this is the case these people only have themselfs to blame.

Im not desperate to try and prove what is and isn't sectarian, all I asked what for the alleged song at 2mins to be named as I can't recall it, it hasn't been named yet which makes me doubt it was heard.

LancashireHibby
28-09-2011, 02:53 PM
As far as im aware it wasn't for a sectarian song they were lifted it was for a shout of ftp

Didn't realise the Pope was a Dunfermline fan. Learn something new every day.

Geo_1875
28-09-2011, 04:21 PM
As far as im aware it wasn't for a sectarian song they were lifted it was for a shout of ftp........

I'm pretty certain they wouldn't be arrested for shouting FTP, or even file transfer protocol. You know exactly what they are "alleged" to have shouted and that it is regularly shouted as part of one of the non-sectarian folk songs sung by a majority of your fans, especially at away games.

Moulin Yarns
28-09-2011, 06:57 PM
As far as im aware it wasn't for a sectarian song they were lifted it was for a shout of ftp, now this may come as a surprise to you but I DON'T agree with shouting this and the people who have shouted it knew the consequences, if this is the case these people only have themselfs to blame.

Im not desperate to try and prove what is and isn't sectarian, all I asked what for the alleged song at 2mins to be named as I can't recall it, it hasn't been named yet which makes me doubt it was heard.

Once you are told which song was sung you would be telling us it is of historic interest as it references a battle between jacobite and royal forces on Irish soil over 300 years ago :na na:

blueisthecolour
28-09-2011, 10:21 PM
I'm pretty certain they wouldn't be arrested for shouting FTP, or even file transfer protocol. You know exactly what they are "alleged" to have shouted and that it is regularly shouted as part of one of the non-sectarian folk songs sung by a majority of your fans, especially at away games.

Trust me if you shout ftp/ftq at a football match you will be lifted.

blueisthecolour
28-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Once you are told which song was sung you would be telling us it is of historic interest as it references a battle between jacobite and royal forces on Irish soil over 300 years ago :na na:

Only one way to find out, name the song.

Moulin Yarns
29-09-2011, 06:07 AM
Only one way to find out, name the song.

I wasn't at the game, and I didn't watch the game on telly as I have no interest in watching games not involving my team. As a Rangers supporter I would suspect you were either there, or watched it live on the telly, so surely you already know the answer. :devil:

blueisthecolour
29-09-2011, 08:34 PM
I wasn't at the game, and I didn't watch the game on telly as I have no interest in watching games not involving my team. As a Rangers supporter I would suspect you were either there, or watched it live on the telly, so surely you already know the answer. :devil:

This is where the problem is, I was at the game but dont recall any sectarian singing, so did I miss the songs at 2 mins or is someone telling porkies?

Moulin Yarns
30-09-2011, 05:23 AM
This is where the problem is, I was at the game but dont recall any sectarian singing, so did I miss the songs at 2 mins or is someone telling porkies?

As we've been saying all along, one man's Sectarian singing is another's Folk song celebrating 300 year old battles on foreign soil. If certain words are added then any song is sectarian.

FWIW I have complained about fans of your ugly sister defiling the streets of my town last season when their game at Inverness was called off. The decended on Pitlochry and took over the bars sining loudly songs that included lines with the initials FTQ and FTU(da) as I find both sides of the OF guilty of offensive singing.

Geo_1875
30-09-2011, 05:30 AM
Trust me if you shout ftp/ftq at a football match you will be lifted.

That's what's wrong with the whole messed up sectarian thing, they've been at it so long that they can abbreviate their abuse.

7 Hills
30-09-2011, 08:23 AM
This sort of action is long overdue. I trust that now the Police are taking action, the SPL will start deducting points from offending clubs? :rolleyes:

blueisthecolour
30-09-2011, 07:19 PM
As we've been saying all along, one man's Sectarian singing is another's Folk song celebrating 300 year old battles on foreign soil. If certain words are added then any song is sectarian.

FWIW I have complained about fans of your ugly sister defiling the streets of my town last season when their game at Inverness was called off. The decended on Pitlochry and took over the bars sining loudly songs that included lines with the initials FTQ and FTU(da) as I find both sides of the OF guilty of offensive singing.

We can't even decide on which it was if any because the poster who said the song was sung who name it, this could have been a very short thread if he would have just named the songs.