PDA

View Full Version : Paul Dixon.

greenlex
24-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Lucky Bassa to stay on the park. High and late. Hope Griffiths is ok. He tried like a bear today with little coming off but never let his head go down.

tamig
24-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Lucky Bassa to stay on the park. High and late. Hope Griffiths is ok. He tried like a bear today with little coming off but never let his head go down.

Gave Wotherspoon a sore one just before ht too although that was a fair tackle. He made sure Spoony felt the follow through though.

TornadoHibby
24-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Gave Wotherspoon a sore one just before ht too although that was a fair tackle. He made sure Spoony felt the follow through though.

I think that guy Dixon is a cowardly cheat who wouldn't be so "physical" in a face to face situation where his "victim" could become his "assailant" and I hope that one day soon he gets the same treatment himself from another of his kind! :agree:

Griffiths got a real sore one and it is to be hoped that he will not be out for too long! :confused:

givescotlandfreedom
25-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Animal. Annoying thing is we effectively lost the man (an attacking player who had to be subbed when chasing a win) while he just got a booking. The rules seem unfair on these occasion. Belongs in a zoo.

monktonharp
25-09-2011, 12:13 AM
Lucky Bassa to stay on the park. High and late. Hope Griffiths is ok. He tried like a bear today with little coming off but never let his head go down.spot on:agree: watched it again on Alba, and thought he should have walked,no doubt. did not realise it was him that clattered into spoony too. Sparky looks like he may miss the mid-week game at least!

Bayern Bru
25-09-2011, 01:49 AM
Was having a look at the photos from the game at work tonight. Studs are well and truly up. Should've gone, full stop.

Touching how Houston has retained Levein's mantra of 'if they're better than you, crock 'em.'

http://www.snspix.com/image/sns_picture_desk_5531895.jpg

Looking at the angle Griffiths is at, how the hell did Dixon stay on the park?

Big_D
25-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Was having a look at the photos from the game at work tonight. Studs are well and truly up. Should've gone, full stop.

Touching how Houston has retained Levein's mantra of 'if they're better than you, crock 'em.'

http://www.snspix.com/image/sns_picture_desk_5531895.jpg

Looking at the angle Griffiths is at, how the hell did Dixon stay on the park?

Imagine if Sproule had made a challenge like that

Cocaine&Caviar
25-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Whilst on the subject, have to say I think Palsson was lucky to stay on the pitch after 20 when he got his yellow, very ugly tackle. Could have dropped us right in it that early if he had gone off.

Jones28
25-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Anybody notice an almost identical tackle on either Evra or Nani in the Stoke - Utd game last night? Sure the challenge only got a yellow as well

Dashing Bob S
25-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Dixon of crock green.

Hibs Class
25-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Only saw the tackle live, haven't seen it on BBC Alba but my impression it was worse than this one that got Torres sent off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilaAscCZtw4

greenlex
25-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Whilst on the subject, have to say I think Palsson was lucky to stay on the pitch after 20 when he got his yellow, very ugly tackle. Could have dropped us right in it that early if he had gone off.

Disagree. Whilst Palssons challenge may have been a bit reckless it was neither high or late. It was however a bit of a lunge to be fair and could have resulted in Rankin getting a sore one.

JimBHibees
26-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Horrible challenge should have been a red. Dixon no doubt trying to ingratiate himself with the neanderthal United fans who were giving Griffiths abuse. Pretty sure I saw Houston making a diving gesture to the ref also, making out LG had made more of it than there was.

lucky
26-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Bad challenge but would do a job for us at left back

ronaldo7
26-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Bad challenge but would do a job for us at left back

:agree: I would take him in a minute.

Disc O'Dave
26-09-2011, 12:57 PM
I don't think the BBC even seen fit to include it in their highlights. If it was against an OF player you can bet it would have been replayed from upteen angles, and there would be a story in the Record this morning about how Dixon had text'd the player to apologise.

Because that's how it works with them.....

HibbyKeith
26-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Anybody notice an almost identical tackle on either Evra or Nani in the Stoke - Utd game last night? Sure the challenge only got a yellow as well

:agree: I was on Valencia, and your right that challenge only recieved a yellow.

ive not seen the sparky challenge again to comment though.