PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

jiggerman
24-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Didn't see one so thought I would start it!

Stack - 6. At fault for the equaliser and suspect at the 3rd too. Butter fingers a couple of times too, not his best day.

Murray - 6. Wasn't terrible, but I can't help but feel his body is giving up on him every passing week.

O'Hanlon - 7. I thought he blocked quite a bit today and was reasonable in the air, although did have a couple of bombscare moments.

Hanlon - 6. Looking little shaky of late.

Towell - 8. I thought he did really well today. Defended well and got forward when possible - never easy when you have to play large parts of the game without someone to support you at RM! Wotherspoon was at fault for the their second (not Towell), not tracking his man.

Griffiths - 5. Poor. Alot of running with no end product at all - too focussed on getting the glory himself.

Osbourne - 7.5. Complete enigma. I thought he played poorly in the first, but was our best player in the second. Closed down well and kept possession in the second half - more of the same for the rest of the season please.

Palsson - 6. Played like Osbourne for the whole game and seems to have lost that aggression and desire to win the ball back that we all saw v St Mirren on his debut.

Wotherspoon - 4. I don't think I need say much. Although I am puzzled as to his radical loss of form.

O'Connor - 8. Another good shift and great finish. Few glimpses of real quality throughout the match.

Agogo - 6.5. I gave him the .5 for his goal. Otherwise, he held the ball up a few time ok, but dallied alot leading to their second goal.

Subs:

Ivan - 5. Did ok, although should have done better to make it 4-3.

Booth - 4. Not on long enough.

Sodje - 4. As above. Thought he maybe should have been on earlier.

Golden Bear
24-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Didn't see one so thought I would start it!

Stack - 6. At fault for the equaliser and suspect at the 3rd too. Butter fingers a couple of times too, not his best day.

Murray - 6. Wasn't terrible, but I can't help but feel his body is giving up on him every passing week.

O'Hanlon - 7. I thought he blocked quite a bit today and was reasonable in the air, although did have a couple of bombscare moments.

Hanlon - 6. Looking little shaky of late.

Towell - 8. I thought he did really well today. Defended well and got forward when possible - never easy when you have to play large parts of the game without someone to support you at RM! Wotherspoon was at fault for the their second (not Towell), not tracking his man.

Griffiths - 5. Poor. Alot of running with no end product at all - too focussed on getting the glory himself.

Osbourne - 7.5. Complete enigma. I thought he played poorly in the first, but was our best player in the second. Closed down well and kept possession in the second half - more of the same for the rest of the season please.

Palsson - 6. Played like Osbourne for the whole game and seems to have lost that aggression and desire to win the ball back that we all saw v St Mirren on his debut.

Wotherspoon - 4. I don't think I need say much. Although I am puzzled as to his radical loss of form.

O'Connor - 8. Another good shift and great finish. Few glimpses of real quality throughout the match.

Agogo - 6.5. I gave him the .5 for his goal. Otherwise, he held the ball up a few time ok, but dallied alot leading to their second goal.

Subs:

Ivan - 5. Did ok, although should have done better to make it 4-3.

Booth - 4. Not on long enough.

Sodje - 4. As above. Thought he maybe should have been on earlier.

Over generous with your ratings for Stack and Towell but apart from that I would say you're near enough spot on.

Sir David Gray
24-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Stack-6

Murray-5
Hanlon-4
O'Hanlon-4
Towell-5

Wotherspoon-3
Osbourne-5
Palsson-5

Agogo-5
Griffiths-5
O'Connor-7

Albion Hibs
24-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Stack - 6. Poor save for their first. Dont remember him having an overly busy afternoon though.

Murray - 7. Did well, got forward much more than I expected. Seems to have shored up that side of the defense. Would agree with the fury he showed at their third he looked to be half a yard off side.

O'Hanlon - 7. Won almost everything in the air, a couple of silly passes of the ball that could have landed us in trouble.

Hanlon - 7. I thought he did well, dealt with them coming forward well.

Towell - 7. Seemed to be targeted a fair bit in the first half but handled it well.

Osbourne - 8. I thought he played very well and was by a distance our best midfielder. He seems to be improving each game so fingers crossed he can become the player we all need him to be.

Griffiths - 5. Not really involved, I dont think playing out wide helped him, he was much more dangerous when playing in a more central role on Tuesday. Hope his injury is not serious, was still hobbling about after full time.

Palsson - 5. If someone told me he went off injured for 30 mins in the second half I would have believed them.

Wotherspoon - 3. Lazy and lack of focus for their first goal, the boy ran off him and he did not seem to notice for about 10 mins. Right choice to take him off at HT.

O'Connor - 8. Took his goal well. His link up and general play is not the best, but he is paid to score and he is doing that like there is no tomorrow so I cant fault him.

Agogo - 7. Took his goal very well, held up the ball well and spread the play to help get us up the pitch. Mugged and gifted them a second though.

Very disappointing to get the lead, control the game to that point and then seem to turn off and conceed a silly goal, followed by another silly one, then an offside one!

Elephant Stone
24-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Stack 5

Murray 3. Really poor. Distribution was awful and nearly cost us a goal. Committed stupid, obvious fouls.
O'Hanlon 3. Some atrocious attempts at clearing the ball, looked really uncomfortable at times.
Hanlon 3.
Towell 8. My MOM.

Wotherspoon 2. Same old.
Palsson 5. Pretty anonymous, a lot of really poor passing.
Osbourne 5. Did slightly more than Palsson but still falls way short of what's required by a central midfielder.

Agogo 7. Put in a good shift and took his goal brilliantly but needs to learn that the pace of the game is much faster than in England, was probably at fault for their second goal.
O'Connor 7. Another fantastic goal, worked hard all game- as always.
Griffiths 6- Looks exciting whenever in possession. Was heavily marked today, will definitely start to get some goals soon.

Sproule- 7

Albion Hibs
24-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Stack 5

Murray 3. Really poor. Distribution was awful and nearly cost us a goal. Committed stupid, obvious fouls.
O'Hanlon 3. Some atrocious attempts at clearing the ball, looked really uncomfortable at times.
Hanlon 3.
Towell 8. My MOM.

Wotherspoon 3. Same old.
Osbourne 5. Did slightly more than Palsson but still falls way short of what's required by a central midfielder.

Agogo 7. Put in a good shift and took his goal brilliantly but needs to learn that the pace of the game is much faster than in England, was probably at fault for their second goal.
Griffiths 7- Looks exciting whenever in possession. Was heavily marked today, will definitely start to get some goals soon.

Sproule- 7

Bold to note just a few of the high ones.

What time did you go into the boozer this morning??!!

3pm
24-09-2011, 06:22 PM

You've got a cheek asking that after giving Towell a 7.

Mikey
24-09-2011, 06:23 PM

:greengrin

Elephant Stone
24-09-2011, 06:24 PM

Towell was brilliant, looked by far the most composed I've seen any of our defenders in bloody ages. Possibly due to our defenders being awful but I thought he was fantastic and I make no apologies for giving him an 8! Griffiths' movement and determination scored him a few points from me, I think if he wasn't so heavily marked he'd have done more, definitely a justified 6/7. Sproule was refreshing, possibly because it meant we were relieved of Wotherspoon, I don't know.

Albion Hibs
24-09-2011, 06:27 PM

No I dont, it is called an "opinion". What those marks are saying is that Towell was man of the match....no chance, he may have done well and handled a difficult spell during the first half, but MOM, I dont think so.

Do you think Towell merited MOM based on his performance today? I missed your ratings.

matty_f
24-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Stack-6

Murray-5
Hanlon-4
O'Hanlon-4
Towell-5

Wotherspoon-3
Osbourne-5
Palsson-5

Agogo-5
Griffiths-5
O'Connor-7

Those ratings are far too harsh, IMHO. What game were you watching?!

FWIW, I would give:

Stack - 6 - couldn't do too much about the goals although maybe a question mark about the first one. Personally I thought he did well to make a block, and couldn't really do much more than save the intial shot.

Murray - 7 - he's much better at left back than in midfield, but final ball is wasted too often. Would love to see more from him in bossing his team mates and getting them lifted through the game though.

O'Hanlon - 6 won some headers, made some tackles, slack with some passes. As with Murray, needs to be more vocal. Definitely looks like he's starting to adjust to SPL football though.

Hanlon - 6 pretty much the same as with O'Hanlon. There's still a bit of work to be done on them as a centre half pairing. I don't think either had a particularly bad game but collectively the defence is killing us at the moment as we are having to score goals just to draw games.

Towell - 8 I thought he was our man of the match, to be honest. I thought he worked harder, looked more committed, tried to get involved more than anyone else, and tried to make things happen. He was one of the big plusses for me today.

Wotherspoon - 4 Poor game, ineffective going forward and defending and Calderwood did the right thing bringing him off.

Osbourne - 7 As with O'Hanlon, you can see that he's getting used to SPL level football and is definitely capable. Still needs to show it more often and start to boss the midfield, but I thought he did very well in patches, and very poorly in patches as well. Definitely potential there, and was happy to see him get a good shot on target for the second goal.

Palsson - 6 Can't work out what's going on with Palsson, he does some things in a game really well, then is practically invisible for long periods. I think he needs to have a consistent midfield partner for a while to bring the best out of him. Didn't have a stinking game, but wasn't especially good either.

Griffiths - 7 Tried to make things happen but left Towell exposed too often. Sometimes took the wrong option and I think the United fans got to him. Some really nice touches in the game though.

Agogo - 7 Much better from Junior, put himself about, used his body well, and took his goal excellently. Was it him that was wayward with the pass for their second goal though?

O'Connor - 8 Great finish and worked very hard. He's a joy to watch at the minute.

Sproule - 6 Did what we expect Ivan to do!

Sodje - not really on long enough to give a rating to.

Again there were as many encouraging signs today as there were frustrations. If we can get that defence sorted out we'll climb the league no bother, if we can't we're a bottom six side for a while to come. Was great seeing the whole ground getting behind the team from 2-3 down to 3-3 and onwards, just a pity that for most of the game up til that point United out-sang us. You can see the lift the crowd gets when the players start playing better, and it looks as though we've finally got a bit of fight about us.

I thought Brown did well in lifting the players, and he looks like he'll be a good foil for Calderwood as the different styles get through to the players.

Was quite impressed with Dundee United, they attacked with a purpose and defended well, which is a surprising thing to say about a side that's conceded three goals, but that's football!

3pm
24-09-2011, 06:34 PM
No I dont, it is called an "opinion". What those marks are saying is that Towell was man of the match....no chance, he may have done well and handled a difficult spell during the first half, but MOM, I dont think so.

Do you think Towell merited MOM based on his performance today? I missed your ratings.

Ha!

I was saying it's funny you ask folk if they've been in the pub when you give Towell a 7 when he deserved a 4, maybe a 5. What were you watching?

GreenPJ
24-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Stack. 5
Towell. 5
O'hanlon. 4
Hanlon 6
Murray 5
Wotherspoon 3
Osboirne 7
Palsson 4
Griffiths 5
O'connor 7
Agogo 6

Albion Hibs
24-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Ha!

I was saying it's funny you ask folk if they've been in the pub when you give Towell a 7 when he deserved a 4, maybe a 5. What were you watching?

Nice U-turn! I was watching the game, alas why I am on this thread and posted my ratings, where are yours?

3pm
24-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Nice U-turn! I was watching the game, alas why I am on this thread and posted my ratings, where are yours?

Where's the U-Turn?! Ha Ha!

Albion Hibs
24-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Where's the U-Turn?! Ha Ha!

As I said I look forward to seeing your ratings. Surely based on the others that have posted you can now get enough of an informed opinion from others to make up your own.

3pm
24-09-2011, 06:47 PM
As I said I look forward to seeing your ratings. Surely based on the others that have posted you can now get enough of an informed opinion from others to make up your own.

Where's the U-Turn?

Hibby Bairn
24-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Jeez I must start drinking again before games judging by the scoring charts. We were pi$$ poor from start till finish all over the park. I would give O'Connor pass marks but that is it.

Our full backs are s-l-o-w...our midfield ambles about the pitch...no zip...no pace...no drive....Sproule was again terrible....Griffiths tried hard but in the end produced nothing....O'Hanlon..there must be better out there surely.

Really terrible display and general football quality from both sides was shocking. We made John Rankin look good, what more is there to say!

Relegation material. No question.

Future17
24-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Stack - 5 - Poor today. Didn't even do the basics well and could have done better for 1st and 3rd goals.

Towell - 5 - And I'm being generous because he defended ok at times and I feel sorry for him being played out of position. Having said that, there's not a position in a football team for a player who simply cannot do the simples things well.

O'Hanlon - 7 - Steady but I'll have to see the 3rd goal again to work out what was going on in the defence.

Hanlon - 7 - As above.

Murray - 5 - Having got into good positions down the left early on, he wasted the ball. Subsequently, his defending was poor, he showed his chronic lack of pace at regular intervals and his use of the ball was as bad as I've seen from him. What's worse, his usual saving grace of being 100% committed was also lacking today. He played right in front of me in the 2nd half and I never once saw him offer any constructive organisational/leadership qualities. For me, the mystery of his continued selection in the team is only outdone by the completely baffling presence of the armband on his person.

Palsson - 7 - Decent. Bad tackle for the booking. Put in a good shift and moved the ball well for the most part. Not afraid to have a shot when in the right position.

Osborne - 7 - Continues to improve with each game. If he keeps putting himself about and shifting the ball quickly forward, he'll become a key player for us.

Wotherspoon - 5 - A victim of the absence of the Reserve League, as he needs regular games in one set position in order to learn the game. If we are suitably covered come January, I would put him on loan to a Div 1 club. Good ball through for our opener but pretty ineffectual otherwise.

Griffiths - 7 - Looked up for it and always willing to get on the ball. I hope his injury isn't too bad because I think a run of games with him and O'Connor as a strike pairing would see them become a formiddable partnership.

Agogo - 6 - If he hadn't scored, he would have scraped a 4. Battled well at times but just doesn't look to have it. The only player in the team who would lose a sprint against Murray. Sold the jerseys for their 2nd.

O'Connor - 8 - Great work-rate as usual. Took his goal very well. I'd like to see him play as the deeper man in a front two with Griffiths (or if Griffiths is injured I would pair him with Sodje).

Calderwood - 4 - Came with a reputation for managing teams with tight defences but may actually have made ours worse. Never mind trying our own players out of position at full-back, he actually went to one of our rivals and loaned one of their players to play out of position. Each week sees him try another tactic to display his complete cluelessness - this week being the selection of David Wotherspoon in what was essentially a 3-man midfield. I just can't see how this man is capable of taking us forward and, if he does stay long-term, I can see us enduring a painful Alex Miller style period of apparently acceptable mediocrity.

hibsbollah
24-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Stack 6

Murray 3 Absolutely rotten. Gifted possession away three times in the first 15 minutes and spent the rest of the game puffing and panting and generally looking like an old geezer with ****ed knees. Wouldnt be surprised if hes put out to pasture soon.

O'Hanlon 4 Slow with poor distribution. Will be beaten for pace by almost every striker we come up against, especially if we play such a high line.

Hanlon 5

Towell 7 Considering he was usually trying to pick up 2 or 3 runners at once all by himself, including the excellent Swanson and Russell, he did amazingly well.

Palsson 5

Osbourne 8 MOTM.

Wotherspoon 3 a mystery...whats happened to him?.

Agogo 6 i missed his goal which was classy so i hear but thought he was largely anonymous.

Griffiths 6 tried hard but nothing quite came off

O 'Connor 7 Please stay.

Subs
Sproule 4 tried hard

Sodje 4 not long enough (contrary to popular belief).

seven nowt
24-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Stack - 3 - Not worthy of being a goalkeeper. Couldn't hold on to the ball. Didn't try for Swansons goal and was terrible all game through.
Murray - 5 - Too many mistakes for my likings, not as clever as he used to be.
O'Hanlon - 6 - He was good in the air at times, but punts it too much and was quiet.
Hanlon - 6 - Was alright, but quiet. Gave no-one anything to shout about, part of a poor defence but was not the worst.
Towell - 5.5 - Very shaky and wasn't confident. Wasn't aware of the danger at times, quite panicky but never made any major mistakes that would lead to chances
Griffiths - 6.5 - Like the guy, great deliveries from the corners. Tried and tried and tried but not too much came off for him but his effort earned a decentish rating
Osbourne - 6.5 - Coming onto a game a bit, easy ball, read the corner well and wasn't a bad shot for the OG,
Palsson - 6 - Quiet and passes not as good as when he first joined but composed as usual. Below average
Wotherspoon - 6 - Created the goal, poor crossing though but not a bad game.
O'Connor - 8 - His passing was good, gets the ball looks up, 9 times out of 10 finds a man
Agogo -6.5 - Layed one of and scored a good goal, but believe it or not, that was all. Just hid behind the United defence for the rest of the game. Scored a vital goal then

Subs
Sproule - 5.5 - He's as fast as ever but never done much.
Booth - 5 - Never made an impact in his 5 minutes, never got time to warm up though.
Sodje - 4 - Only got 2 minutes

Sir David Gray
24-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Those ratings are far too harsh, IMHO. What game were you watching?!

FWIW, I would give:

Stack - 6 - couldn't do too much about the goals although maybe a question mark about the first one. Personally I thought he did well to make a block, and couldn't really do much more than save the intial shot.

Murray - 7 - he's much better at left back than in midfield, but final ball is wasted too often. Would love to see more from him in bossing his team mates and getting them lifted through the game though.

O'Hanlon - 6 won some headers, made some tackles, slack with some passes. As with Murray, needs to be more vocal. Definitely looks like he's starting to adjust to SPL football though.

Hanlon - 6 pretty much the same as with O'Hanlon. There's still a bit of work to be done on them as a centre half pairing. I don't think either had a particularly bad game but collectively the defence is killing us at the moment as we are having to score goals just to draw games.

Towell - 8 I thought he was our man of the match, to be honest. I thought he worked harder, looked more committed, tried to get involved more than anyone else, and tried to make things happen. He was one of the big plusses for me today.

Wotherspoon - 4 Poor game, ineffective going forward and defending and Calderwood did the right thing bringing him off.

Osbourne - 7 As with O'Hanlon, you can see that he's getting used to SPL level football and is definitely capable. Still needs to show it more often and start to boss the midfield, but I thought he did very well in patches, and very poorly in patches as well. Definitely potential there, and was happy to see him get a good shot on target for the second goal.

Palsson - 6 Can't work out what's going on with Palsson, he does some things in a game really well, then is practically invisible for long periods. I think he needs to have a consistent midfield partner for a while to bring the best out of him. Didn't have a stinking game, but wasn't especially good either.

Griffiths - 7 Tried to make things happen but left Towell exposed too often. Sometimes took the wrong option and I think the United fans got to him. Some really nice touches in the game though.

Agogo - 7 Much better from Junior, put himself about, used his body well, and took his goal excellently. Was it him that was wayward with the pass for their second goal though?

O'Connor - 8 Great finish and worked very hard. He's a joy to watch at the minute.

Sproule - 6 Did what we expect Ivan to do!

Sodje - not really on long enough to give a rating to.

Again there were as many encouraging signs today as there were frustrations. If we can get that defence sorted out we'll climb the league no bother, if we can't we're a bottom six side for a while to come. Was great seeing the whole ground getting behind the team from 2-3 down to 3-3 and onwards, just a pity that for most of the game up til that point United out-sang us. You can see the lift the crowd gets when the players start playing better, and it looks as though we've finally got a bit of fight about us.

I thought Brown did well in lifting the players, and he looks like he'll be a good foil for Calderwood as the different styles get through to the players.

Was quite impressed with Dundee United, they attacked with a purpose and defended well, which is a surprising thing to say about a side that's conceded three goals, but that's football!

For 72 minutes, I was unfortunately watching Hibs v Dundee Utd at Easter Road.

As for my "harsh marks", I can't help but think that the events of the last 15 minutes or so of the game have clouded a lot of people's judgement on how good performance levels actually were today.

We've both given Stack the same rating.

As far as I'm concerned, when a team concedes three goals at home and had several scares even before United's first goal, I don't see how any of the defenders can be given a high score. You said that "collectively the defence is killing us at the moment". So, collectively, I've given the entire defence a poor rating. We couldn't have been at the same game, right enough, if you thought Towell was worthy of 8/10.

Then we move onto the midfield. David Wotherspoon is like playing with a man short, he has been that way for the past 18 months. The first half today, once again, was pretty shocking stuff. I think we both recognised that and we can split hairs on whether he deserved 3/10 or 4/10.

I personally thought Osbourne was poor in the first half. He did improve after the break and he did get us back into the game, although his shot is going down as an own goal. However I personally expect better from a central midfielder who, until last season, was on the books of a Premiership club.

I thought Palsson was extremely average today, I haven't seen what all the fuss is about, with regards to him, for quite some time. He was probably inhibited quite a bit by his early booking.

Agogo did ok but that was about it. Did well for his goal but, in answer to your question, yes he was completely at fault for their second goal and that is why I have rated him accordingly.

I thought Griffiths had a below par afternoon. Nothing he tried really came off for him, that was probably a lot to do with him being heavily marked but he's capable of so much more.

Garry O'Connor was his usual self and it scares me to think where we might be without him in the side. Took his goal really well and thought his overall contribution was good.

Leith Green
24-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Jesus, am I the only peson who thought Towell was minging and has been since coming back, thought him and Wotherspoon were terrible today.. I dont see a right back in Towell at all to be honest, thought he looked unfit and sluggish today and last week and the week before and so on.

Hiber-nation
24-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Jeez I must start drinking again before games judging by the scoring charts. We were pi$$ poor from start till finish all over the park. I would give O'Connor pass marks but that is it.

Our full backs are s-l-o-w...our midfield ambles about the pitch...no zip...no pace...no drive....Sproule was again terrible....Griffiths tried hard but in the end produced nothing....O'Hanlon..there must be better out there surely.

Really terrible display and general football quality from both sides was shocking. We made John Rankin look good, what more is there to say!

Relegation material. No question.

Disagree about Ivan - at least he worried them a bit although playing him on the left is just bonkers despite his goal last week.

I've never seen a player ratings thread with so many different opinions. I thought Hanlon was absolutely awful. 3 out of 10 at best. He never got near that journeyman Daly all day long. Towell just isn't very good and that's it. The back 4 were dire all day long.

Only O'Connor, Osbourne and Agogo deserve pass marks. Lets not kid ourselves - this Utd team are nowhere near the quality of last season's.

3pm
24-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Jesus, am I the only peson who thought Towell was minging and has been since coming back, thought him and Wotherspoon were terrible today.. I dont see a right back in Towell at all to be honest, thought he looked unfit and sluggish today and last week and the week before and so on.

No mate, you're not alone!

c31
24-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Stack-4 poor at 1st goal
Murray-4 lost a lot of tackles and near gifted them a goal
Hanlon-4 shaky
O'Hanlon-4 shaky
Towell-4 lost wee boy in first half and no pace when going forward
Wotherspoon-3 done - free transer when contract ends
Osbourne-4 lazy but showed some fight
Palsson-1 did he touch the ball?
Agogo-4 poor effort for most of the game
Griffiths-4 poor never beat his defender
O'Connor-8 the only class act we have and he will be off as son as he gets a decent offer

subs
Sproule 3
Booth - 2
somebody else for 1 minute 0

Manager - 0 get rid quick and get someone who has a clue what he is doing to our club

Future17
24-09-2011, 07:21 PM
For 72 minutes, I was unfortunately watching Hibs v Dundee Utd at Easter Road.

As for my "harsh marks", I can't help but think that the events of the last 15 minutes or so of the game have clouded a lot of people's judgement on how good performance levels actually were today.

That's a crazy thing to say. Surely most people base their ratings on the match. As in, 90 mins of it.

I put it to you sir, that the first 72 minutes of the game "clouded" your judgement. :greengrin

And Jesus appeared and said "no my child, I also thought Richie Towell had a 'mare".

The Voice Of Reason
24-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Stack - 3 - Not worthy of being a goalkeeper. Couldn't hold on to the ball. Didn't try for Swansons goal and was terrible all game through.
Murray - 5 - Too many mistakes for my likings, not as clever as he used to be.
O'Hanlon - 6 - He was good in the air at times, but punts it too much and was quiet.
Hanlon - 6 - Was alright, but quiet. Gave no-one anything to shout about, part of a poor defence but was not the worst.
Towell - 5.5 - Very shaky and wasn't confident. Wasn't aware of the danger at times, quite panicky but never made any major mistakes that would lead to chances
Griffiths - 6.5 - Like the guy, great deliveries from the corners. Tried and tried and tried but not too much came off for him but his effort earned a decentish rating
Osbourne - 6.5 - Coming onto a game a bit, easy ball, read the corner well and wasn't a bad shot for the OG,
Palsson - 6 - Quiet and passes not as good as when he first joined but composed as usual. Below average
Wotherspoon - 6 - Created the goal, poor crossing though but not a bad game.
O'Connor - 8 - His passing was good, gets the ball looks up, 9 times out of 10 finds a man
Agogo -6.5 - Layed one of and scored a good goal, but believe it or not, that was all. Just hid behind the United defence for the rest of the game. Scored a vital goal then

Subs
Sproule - 5.5 - He's as fast as ever but never done much.
Booth - 5 - Never made an impact in his 5 minutes, never got time to warm up though.
Sodje - 4 - Only got 2 minutes

You are the only person so far who has given Wotherspoon pass marks!

I wasn't there today so I can't comment, however the body of evidence suggests you are being a bit generous (or that you are Wotherspoon himself!) :wink:

Hibby Bairn
24-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Stack-4 poor at 1st goalMurray-4 lost a lot of tackles and near gifted them a goalHanlon-4 shakyO'Hanlon-4 shakyTowell-4 lost wee boy in first half and no pace when going forwardWotherspoon-3 done - free transer when contract endsOsbourne-4 lazy but showed some fightPalsson-1 did he touch the ball?Agogo-4 poor effort for most of the gameGriffiths-4 poor never beat his defenderO'Connor-8 the only class act we have and he will be off as son as he gets a decent offersubsSproule 3Booth - 2somebody else for 1 minute 0Manager - 0 get rid quick and get someone who has a clue what he is doing to our club That's more like it.

The Harp Awakes
24-09-2011, 07:28 PM

I agree with you about Wotherspoon but you are way off the mark with Towell IMO. Thought he looked assured and defended well against difficult opponents today. MOM for me.

matty_f
24-09-2011, 07:31 PM
I agree with you about Wotherspoon but you are way off the mark with Towell IMO. Thought he looked assured and defended well against difficult opponents today. MOM for me.

I'm with you on the Towell debate. Funny how differently folk see the game!

hiberactive
24-09-2011, 07:37 PM
[QUOTE=Albion Hibs;2927836]Stack - 6. Poor save for their first. Dont remember him having an overly busy afternoon though.

Murray - 7. Did well, got forward much more than I expected. Seems to have shored up that side of the defense. Would agree with the fury he showed at their third he looked to be half a yard off side.

O'Hanlon - 7. Won almost everything in the air, a couple of silly passes of the ball that could have landed us in trouble.

Hanlon - 7. I thought he did well, dealt with them coming forward well.

Towell - 7. Seemed to be targeted a fair bit in the first half but handled it well.

Osbourne - 8. I thought he played very well and was by a distance our best midfielder. He seems to be improving each game so fingers crossed he can become the player we all need him to be.

Griffiths - 5. Not really involved, I dont think playing out wide helped him, he was much more dangerous when playing in a more central role on Tuesday. Hope his injury is not serious, was still hobbling about after full time.

Palsson - 5. If someone told me he went off injured for 30 mins in the second half I would have believed them.

Wotherspoon - 3. Lazy and lack of focus for their first goal, the boy ran off him and he did not seem to notice for about 10 mins. Right choice to take him off at HT.

O'Connor - 8. Took his goal well. His link up and general play is not the best, but he is paid to score and he is doing that like there is no tomorrow so I cant fault him.

Agogo - 7. Took his goal very well, held up the ball well and spread the play to help get us up the pitch. Mugged and gifted them a second though.

There was never any stage in that game that Hibs were in control,United dominated.

Leith Green
24-09-2011, 07:38 PM

Fair doos, just shows how differently people see things. I think he looks a yard off the pace, looks very shaky defending and is sluggish getting up and down the line for a full back.

The Harp Awakes
24-09-2011, 07:39 PM
I'm with you on the Towell debate. Funny how differently folk see the game!

Yeah, you sometimes think you've been watching a different game:rolleyes:

The Harp Awakes
24-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Fair doos, just shows how differently people see things. I think he looks a yard off the pace, looks very shaky defending and is sluggish getting up and down the line for a full back.

Ah well, life would be boring if everyone had the same opinion:greengrin

Leith Green
24-09-2011, 07:47 PM
The strangest thing for me is following the Aberdeen game where we were better defesivley but didnt look like scoring in a month of Sundays, the opposite now seems the norm. I'm sure Calderwood said after the Aberdeen game that we were making progress with the clean sheet, yet here we are 3 games later gifting goals and conceding winning positions regularly.. I'd rather watch a game like todays than the Aberdeen non event , dont get me wrong but something isnt right when a team gifts goals as cheaply and readily as we do.

Pretty worrying, and perhaps it has been glossed over by the penalties win in midweek and our draw at home against an average United side, the only thing I'd give Calderwood and his side any credit for has been the fight shown in the second half in both of these games. But I think its pretty damning that we keep throwing away leads so easily, things just arent right with Calderwood and this side.

Leith Green
24-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Ah well, life would be boring if everyone had the same opinion:greengrin

True, the only person who I agree with everything they say, see, or think is my wife, and thats for a quiet existence, and the odd bevvy.. :greengrin

IFONLY
24-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Stack 5

Hanlon 3.
Towell 8. My MOM.

Wotherspoon 2. Same old.

Griffiths 6- Looks exciting whenever in possession. Was heavily marked today, will definitely start to get some goals soon.

Sproule- 7

Just shows you that it is all about opinions people where I was sittng and myself thought that Towell was the worst player on the park once Weatherspoon went off.

Baldy Foghorn
25-09-2011, 11:23 AM
I thought Osbourne and Agogo were woeful yesterday, and how Spoony started after his display on Tuesday is beyond me, opinions eh?

The Voice Of Reason
25-09-2011, 11:40 AM
I thought Osbourne and Agogo were woeful yesterday, and how Spoony started after his display on Tuesday is beyond me, opinions eh?

If you read through this thread I think you will find only one person who has given Wotherspoon pass marks, so you are in the vast vast majority on the wotherspoon front.

As for Osbourne, I watched the game on BBC Alba last night and I thought he looked OK. :agree:

Septimus
25-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Stack 6

Murray 3 Absolutely rotten. Gifted possession away three times in the first 15 minutes and spent the rest of the game puffing and panting and generally looking like an old geezer with ****ed knees. Wouldnt be surprised if hes put out to pasture soon.

O'Hanlon 4 Slow with poor distribution. Will be beaten for pace by almost every striker we come up against, especially if we play such a high line.

Hanlon 5

Towell 7 Considering he was usually trying to pick up 2 or 3 runners at once all by himself, including the excellent Swanson and Russell, he did amazingly well.

Palsson 5

Osbourne 8 MOTM.

Wotherspoon 3 a mystery...whats happened to him?.

Agogo 6 i missed his goal which was classy so i hear but thought he was largely anonymous.

Griffiths 6 tried hard but nothing quite came off

O 'Connor 7 Please stay.

Subs
Sproule 4 tried hard

Sodje 4 not long enough (contrary to popular belief).

Bits in bold are TRUE. In Sproule's case tries but not nearly good enough and, if the truth be told, he never was.