PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup

Dashing Bob S
24-09-2011, 09:08 AM
The 'special relationship' tournament starts today.

Some mouth-watering crackers in this lot:

Scottish Cup
Culter v Burntisland Shipyard, R1, 15:00
Dalbeattie Star v Inverurie Locos, R1, 15:00
Edinburgh City v Brora, R1, 15:00
Edinburgh Univ v Whitehill Welfare, R1, 15:00
Forres Mechanics v Irvine Meadow, R1, 15:00
Fort William v Bo'ness, R1, 15:00
Fraserburgh v Civil Service Strollers, R1, 15:00
Gala Fairydean v Hawick Royal Albert, R1, 15:00
Glasgow Univ v Cove Rangers, R1, 15:00
Huntly v Newton Stewart, R1, 15:00
Lossiemouth v Auchinleck Talbot, R1, 15:00
Nairn County v Selkirk, R1, 15:00
Rothes v Clachnacuddin, R1, 15:00
St Cuthbert Wndrs v Keith, R1, 15:00
Vale Of Leithen v Girvan, R1, 15:00
Wick Academy v Coldstream, R1, 15:00
Wigtown & Bladnoch v Preston Ath, R1, 15:00

Get yourselves down to Meadowbank today to cheer on Cit-ey. Surprised our game hasn't been changed to Sunday to give us more of a chance of pulling a decent crowd.

All I can say is: Go Shipyerd, ya hoor sur!

Gala Foxes
24-09-2011, 09:14 AM
the glamour of Vale of Leithen versus Girvan for me today - the excitement of the 1st round, you can't beat it

Gala Foxes
24-09-2011, 10:19 PM
good win for Vale of Leithen today against Girvan & a great day out

£5 for 2 pints of Carlsberg in the Union Club in Innerleithen pre-match
£5 to get in to game
£1 for a programme
£2.50 for a quality pie & a coffee

Low budget grass roots fitba at Victoria Park is a good day out

Dashing Bob S
25-09-2011, 11:29 AM
By god I'll get you Hobos taking an interest in the 'Scottish' if its the last thing I do!

Culter 4-0 Burntisland Shipyard
Dalbeattie Star 1-6 Inverurie Locos
Edinburgh City 3-0 Brora
Edinburgh Univ 0-3 Whitehill Welfare
Forres Mechanics 2-2 Irvine Meadow
Fraserburgh 4-3 Civil Service Strollers
Gala Fairydean 8-1 Hawick Royal Albert
Glasgow Univ 0-4 Cove Rangers
Huntly 6-1 Newton Stewart
Lossiemouth 1-2 Auchinleck Talbot
Nairn County 2-1 Selkirk
Rothes 0-3 Clachnacuddin
St Cuthbert Wndrs 0-2 Keith
Vale Of Leithen 1-0 Girvan
Wick Academy 9-1 Coldstream
Wigtown & Bladnoch 2-0 Preston Ath

Some fab results there - sadly Shipyerd, who have almost as bad a record in the 'Scottish' as Hibs, will have to wait another year before their moniker appears on the plinth.

Wick edge out Coldstream in a ten goal thriller, while Gala shade the borders derby against Hawick.

Cit-eh safely in the next round but great to see the speck students of E'burgh and Glasgow crushed at home.

Nairn County at home for me should they survive the next round.

hibsbollah
25-09-2011, 11:33 AM
I didnt know Glasgow had a university. I thought it was just a diseased wasteland. Just as well they got knocked out.

Dashing Bob S
25-09-2011, 12:42 PM
I didnt know Glasgow had a university. I thought it was just a diseased wasteland. Just as well they got knocked out.

Yes it does, I once held the Buckfast professorial chair in Applied Sectarianism at the faculty of Advanced Bigotry at Copland House on the Ibrox campus. I also studied advanced begging for a while over at the Parkhead site. 'Ah'm expectin a we turn fae an insooorince claim by the way, big man, gaunny sub us till the morn n that?'

hibs0666
25-09-2011, 01:19 PM

Just need to get yourself educated then, just like the 63,000 students in Glasgow.

hibsbollah
25-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Just need to get yourself educated then, just like the 63,000 students in Glasgow.

:taxi

Springbank
25-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Yes it does, I once held the Buckfast professorial chair in Applied Sectarianism at the faculty of Advanced Bigotry at Copland House on the Ibrox campus. I also studied advanced begging for a while over at the Parkhead site. 'Ah'm expectin a we turn fae an insooorince claim by the way, big man, gaunny sub us till the morn n that?' the history faculty is excellent, tho i found the course went downhill after the glorious revolution,as if thats all they were interested in

JimBHibees
26-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Yes it does, I once held the Buckfast professorial chair in Applied Sectarianism at the faculty of Advanced Bigotry at Copland House on the Ibrox campus. I also studied advanced begging for a while over at the Parkhead site. 'Ah'm expectin a we turn fae an insooorince claim by the way, big man, gaunny sub us till the morn n that?'

That is brilliant. :faf:

Dashing Bob S
27-09-2011, 08:34 AM
The draw for the second round of this tournament, which offers our city rivals their last chance of silverware this season, short of a third world war breaking out, takes place on Wednesday at 3.00pm.

Now that Shipyerd are out, I'm shameless transferring my allegience to Cit-eh.

hibsbollah
27-09-2011, 09:14 AM
The draw for the second round of this tournament, which offers our city rivals their last chance of silverware this season, short of a third world war breaking out, takes place on Wednesday at 3.00pm.Now that Shipyerd are out, I'm shameless transferring my allegience to Cit-eh.Whitehill Welfare for me. With Wayne Sproule and Jim Young The Penalty King ©(see link) http://www.whitehillwelfare.co.uk/ they should be a match for the hertz in round 3. i was a bit worried by their suspicious shirt colour but im assured its claret and blue, not m*****n.

Sas_The_Hibby
27-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Gala Fairydean beating Hawick RA 8-1 must be the Borders equivalent of our '7-0' moment.

Sas_The_Hibby
27-09-2011, 06:32 PM
I don't see Hibs in there. I presume, given our previous Scottish Cup record, we were launched by Auchinleck Talbot in one of the preliminary rounds. :wink: :duck:

Dashing Bob S
27-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Not long now till the draw. I'll post up the ties tomorrow if I remember.

Cup fever digging in yet?

frazeHFC
27-09-2011, 08:28 PM
We are not in tomorrow's draw are we, i thought it was the 3rd round we come into it? :confused:

Hope Nairn get a good home tie. :agree:

Dashing Bob S
27-09-2011, 08:35 PM
We are not in tomorrow's draw are we, i thought it was the 3rd round we come into it? :confused:

Only second round tomorrow, Fraze.

Anything at Station Park will suit Tilda Swinton's red and white army.

hibbysam
27-09-2011, 09:03 PM

We have decided to take the year out and save the embarrassment this year:greengrin

Or was it they're giving us a bye to the final where we'll play Wigtown and Bladnoch, and still wont win the thing :thumbsup:

Nah hibs along with the rest of the SPL dont enter until the 4th round:agree:

Joe Baker II
28-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Was at Wigtown and Bladnoch v Preston at weekend and was excellent game and atmosphere - met a few Preston players in Wigtown pubs afterwards too!

derekHFC
28-09-2011, 10:07 AM
I think we go in at the 4th round now, along with other SPL teams and the top 4 from the 1st Division last season.

NOLA
28-09-2011, 11:16 AM
are we entering this year??

hibsbollah
28-09-2011, 11:50 AM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=142&newsCategoryID=7&newsID=8601

Oooo a toughie for City. Irvine Meadow or Forres Mechanics. Jim Young The Penalty King ® and his Whitehill Welfare colleagues will be happy with Fort William or Bo'ness Utd ( who boast hard-tackling, horizontally challenged Jay Shields in their squad).

frazeHFC
28-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Peterhead away for Nairn.....

Irish_Steve
28-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Just found this thread but Coldstream to Wick in order to lose 9 -1 must have been fun!

Sas_The_Hibby
28-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Just found this thread but Coldstream to Wick in order to lose 9 -1 must have been fun!

Och they should be home in time for Christmas.

Dashing Bob S
28-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Here it is for those (like me) too lazy to open the link:

Clachnacuddin v Inverurie Loco Works
Vale of Leithen v Cove Rangers
Gala Fairydean v Golspie Sutherland
Fort William or Bo'ness Utd v Whitehill Welfare
Fraserburgh v Elgin City
Wigtown and Bladnoch v Stranraer
Peterhead v Nairn County
Wick Academy v Keith
Culter v Spartans
Alloa Athletic v Annan Athletic
Deveronvale v Berwick Rangers
Auchinleck Talbot v Threave Rovers
East Stirling v Buckie Thistle
Huntly v Queen's Park
Montrose v Clyde
Edinburgh City v Forres Mech

Yes, a tough draw for Nairn. Sadly, I think Cit-eh, even with the home draw, will struggle against Forres.

My tie of he round? It has to be Berwick's tricky visit to Deveronvale.

Big derby with Wigton and B v Stranraer.

Joe Baker II
30-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Big derby with Wigton and B v Stranraer.

As per above posts was at Wigtown game on Saturday (happily clashed with Book Festival) - this tie sounds good and will be tempted to go down again.