PDA

View Full Version : NHC Brighton Leeds

joe breezy
23-09-2011, 08:13 PM
What a great atmosphere at Brighton, great comeback from 2-0 down good football, good times, would love some of that feelgood factor at Easter Road

Pedantic_Hibee
23-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Chucked a fiver on Brighton just after half-time.

Five minutes later I thought I would cover my bases and back Leeds so I chucked a fiver on them.

35 minutes later I wanted to kill myself. Twice.

ac1
23-09-2011, 09:50 PM
My brother texted me to say that Vicente was playing for Brighton :confused: I thought he was winding me up :greengrin

A few years ago he was different class - was going to be the regular Spanish left winger.

Had a lot of injuries/poor form but I can't believe he is playing for Brighton!

MWHIBBIES
23-09-2011, 10:46 PM
My brother texted me to say that Vicente was playing for Brighton :confused: I thought he was winding me up :greengrin

A few years ago he was different class - was going to be the regular Spanish left winger.

Had a lot of injuries/poor form but I can't believe he is playing for Brighton!:agree: Quality player until he got a lot of injuries in the 2008/9/10 seasons. Should do very well in the championship.

Future17
23-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Two goals each for Mackail-Smith and McCormack - good from a Scotland perspective.

Dashing Bob S
24-09-2011, 08:59 AM
What a great atmosphere at Brighton, great comeback from 2-0 down good football, good times, would love some if that feelgood factor at Easter Road

Plan on going next time I'm down that way, heard the new stadium is excellent - is this the case?

R'Albin
24-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Plan on going next time I'm down that way, heard the new stadium is excellent - is this the case?

It looks really good when I've seen it on TV, and the atmosphere sounds like it has been very good as well.

smurf
24-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Enjoyed watching that game tremendously. Live on telly and 20,000 plus inside with a tremendous atmosphere....

Brighton have increased their gates x's 3 in recent years.

Why can't Scottish teams get the turnouts smaller English clubs enjoy?

Gala Foxes
24-09-2011, 09:17 AM
highlight of the game was the guy sitting behind Poyet with the superb mullet

Dashing Bob S
24-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Enjoyed watching that game tremendously. Live on telly and 20,000 plus inside with a tremendous atmosphere....

Being in the most dreary, non-competitive League in Europe might just have something to do with it.

Posh Swanny
24-09-2011, 09:45 AM

Brighton were limited by playing in a 7,000 capacity athletics stadium. They've always been capable of attracting massive crowds.

LancashireHibby
24-09-2011, 11:29 AM

They've always been a big club, but were restricted by the Withdean. It was virtually impossible to get a ticket when they play there. They still had a decent average when they played their 'home' games at Gillingham which must be 50+ miles away IIRC.

DH1875
24-09-2011, 11:08 PM

Had a lot of injuries/poor form but I can't believe he is playing for Brighton!

Saw the highlight's the other night and it showed him coming on. Didn't click until they started going on about him at Valencia and I thought, WTF can't be the same player. Sure enough it was. Trust me, on his day this guy is 5x the player Mata is so what he is doing at Brighton is beyond me.
In other news, has Raul gone back to Real or is it next year after his Schalke contract is up.