PDA

View Full Version : Junior Agogo

muz1875
23-09-2011, 08:05 PM
After Tuesday nights game, does anyone think Agogo should start tomorrow?
I was really impressed with his input and would be tempted to start him.

R'Albin
23-09-2011, 08:08 PM

I never seen the game on Tuesday but apparently Griffiths was "outstanding" and he played well in the sheep and Dunf games, and we aren't going to drop O'Connor so I don't see how he would fit in? 'Cause I seriously doubt CC plans to play 4-3-3.

Judas Iscariot
23-09-2011, 09:10 PM
Agogo was & is dire..

Front 2 of Sparky & GOC please :agree:

Jonnyboy
23-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Agogo was & is dire..

I'm not his biggest fan but saying he was dire against Motherwell is a tad harsh IMO :greengrin

I thought he held the ball up well, brought in other players and buried his penalty with aplomb :agree:

I reckon if he hadn't fallen over his own feet on the edge of their 18 yard box at one point he might have impressed a few more folk mind :greengrin

As for the OP, no way I'd drop Sparky for Agogo

whiskyhibby
23-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Agogo was & is dire..

I thought Agogo was ok on Tuesday but!! it has to be Sparky and GOC who looked an outstanding partnership :not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth

Sir David Gray
23-09-2011, 10:41 PM
He probably did what was expected of him when he went on but if Griffiths and O'Connor are fit and available, they have to play up front.

Albion Hibs
24-09-2011, 01:34 AM
No, I would not start him. I think we need to go with the starting pair up from tuesday.

I have been a believer in Agogo, I think he looks strong, holds of CH, and holds up the ball bringing others into play. Based on Tuesday he also has decent passing ability and a far bigger football brain than the majority of the team.

Start with O'Conner / Griffiths and if we need to go three up bring him on.

hibee92
24-09-2011, 01:40 AM
I rate him. But its still Sparky and Garry O' for me. I also really rate Sodje so IMO its good to have competition for the places up top. I don't see what Sodje has done to merit a place on the bench though? Adds to the competition i suppose :agree:

Bayern Bru
24-09-2011, 02:51 AM
I rate him. But its still Sparky and Garry O' for me. I also really rate Sodje so IMO its good to have competition for the places up top. I don't see what Sodje has done to merit a place on the bench though? Adds to the competition i suppose :agree:

Give the 12th man more songs to sing? :greengrin

He was borderline prolific towards the end of last season as well. Super sub! :greengrin

The Falcon
24-09-2011, 07:11 AM
Look on the brightside. We've not had a discussion like this for a while, about strikers that are doing ok, so things might be looking up. For a wee while at least.

Cropley10
24-09-2011, 07:32 AM
How many goals has this Agogo guy scored in the last 4 years. Anyone know?

Kaiser1962
24-09-2011, 08:07 AM
How many goals has this Agogo guy scored in the last 4 years. Anyone know?

Agogo has scored 30 goals in 104 games since 2006.

Out if interest GOC has scored 23 in 99 games. Akpo is at 35 from 137 and Griffiths 43 from 97 games.

KeithTheHibby
24-09-2011, 09:29 AM

Fraped on facebook, fraped on hibs.net, it's all the same eh wee bro!:greengrin

Cropley10
24-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Agogo has scored 30 goals in 104 games since 2006.

Out if interest GOC has scored 23 in 99 games. Akpo is at 35 from 137 and Griffiths 43 from 97 games.

104 games in 5 years. He's not in danger of getting burned out

woody47
24-09-2011, 05:29 PM
He is dire. Well taken goal though but apart from that he WALKED about the middle of the park and just didn't look like he cared. :bitchy:

khib70
24-09-2011, 05:31 PM
He is dire. Well taken goal though but apart from that he WALKED about the middle of the park and just didn't look like he cared. :bitchy:

And the through ball for GOC's goal????

Griffiths,on the other hand was dire throughout

hibsquaker
24-09-2011, 05:34 PM

and then he goes on to get man of the match :confused:

He is pedestrian at best.

BroxburnHibee
24-09-2011, 05:35 PM
I must have been at a different game as I thought he was woeful :confused:

Cant believe he got MOM.

Westie1875
24-09-2011, 05:36 PM
And the through ball for GOC's goal????

Griffiths,on the other hand was dire throughout

Was very good, I thought Agogo did well today and agree about Griffiths.

Albion Hibs
24-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Silly mistake for their second, but other than that I thought he did well. Held the ball up and like on tuesday spread the play better than any of our midfielders.

greenlex
24-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Agogo is too slow. He wants to much time on the ball and does nothing defensively. WHen we are playing 451 without the ball this is not good enough. MOTM???? Yer having a laugh. I thought Ozzy was MOTM by a distance.

HibbyRod
24-09-2011, 05:46 PM
They must be serving some serious booze in the corporate suite for Agogo to get awarded man of the match! :greengrin

He took his goal well, and I was very grateful for it, but m-o-t-m had to be Osbourne! No?

DarrenSQH
24-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Agogo is giving konte a run for his money. Slowest player we maybe have ever had.

hibsbollah
24-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Agogo is too slow. He wants to much time on the ball and does nothing defensively. WHen we are playing 451 without the ball this is not good enough. MOTM???? Yer having a laugh. I thought Ozzy was MOTM by a distance.

Agree. Osbourne was the MOTM. Agogos award today was as inexplicable as Jimmy Scotts the previous home game. Drugs are being imbibed in the sponsors lounge, clearly.

Sir David Gray
24-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Agogo got man of the match today? Seriously? :confused:

I couldn't hear the announcement when it got made but it really couldn't have been Agogo. He obviously scored the equalising goal but I thought he was poor and completely at fault for Dundee United's second goal.

Albion Hibs
24-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Are we sure it was Agogo, I have to be honest I did not hear them announce it. I thought it would have been Osbourne.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Not read the reports/heard the manager viewpoint

First time in the flesh. Yet to be convinced.
CC must see something worth persevering for - pace my bahookie!

I was shouting for calderwood to do something to change the game just before 3-1.
I guess they were told to stick to their gameplan I would have hooked junior. Powderpuff and not a person you want to inspire as you go over the top! On current viewing.

Maybe junior and ozzy will settle down with goals under
Their belts

Need to see more evidence that CC can change a game or take it by the scruff
Of the neck

matty_f
24-09-2011, 06:36 PM
I thought Agogo was decent today, definitely not MOTM material though.

Gmack7
24-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Not read the reports/heard the manager viewpoint

First time in the flesh. Yet to be convinced.
CC must see something worth persevering for - pace my bahookie!

I was shouting for calderwood to do something to change the game just before 3-1.
I guess they were told to stick to their gameplan I would have hooked junior. Powderpuff and not a person you want to inspire as you go over the top! On current viewing.

Maybe junior and ozzy will settle down with goals under
Their belts

Need to see more evidence that CC can change a game or take it by the scruff
Of the neck
has ozzy been given the 2nd?as it was going well past the post i thought it was an OG

greenlex
24-09-2011, 06:54 PM
has ozzy been given the 2nd?as it was going well past the post i thought it was an OG
Just saw it on the tellybox Gmac and it was definately going in before it was deflected in by the defender. Ozzys goal. :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
24-09-2011, 06:56 PM
From ff looked like it was his and the announcer attributed it to him - either that or someone should be afraid if they rely on me as a witness :)

matty_f
24-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Just saw it on the tellybox Gmac and it was definately going in before it was deflected in by the defender. Ozzys goal. :agree:

He was in line with my seat in the west when he hit it and it looked a goal as soon as it left his boot, to be honest.

Mikey
24-09-2011, 07:03 PM
I've seen the goal on Alba and I'd say it's an og. The Utd defender made contact 2 or 3 yards out.

Allant1981
24-09-2011, 07:04 PM
That JA played ok today, not great defending again though which is something that really needs looked at

MotherSuperior
24-09-2011, 07:06 PM
I thought Agogo was very disappointing. He was sitting oddly deep in the first half, and during one attack he never even attempted to get into the box - i was raging at that. He did take his goal well tho, but i would have liked to see Sparky through the middle, with booth down the left and Ivan down the right.

staunchhibby
24-09-2011, 07:17 PM
agogo :taxi

Kaiser1962
24-09-2011, 07:28 PM
104 games in 5 years. He's not in danger of getting burned out

The stats for the four players mentioned are over the same timescale.

WeAreHibs
24-09-2011, 07:45 PM
I must have been at a different game as I thought he was woeful :confused:

Cant believe he got MOM.

:top marks:top marks:top marks

I really dislike him, billy big baws and needs a kick up his arse.

Gmack7
24-09-2011, 07:52 PM
specsavers for me then,i was convinced it was going wide and i could not have had a better view,well done ozzy,great goal:wink:

DH1875
24-09-2011, 11:20 PM
One goal does not a player make. Jury is still out in my opinion.

Sir David Gray
24-09-2011, 11:35 PM

I've just seen it on Alba as well and I would agree.

I think the initial shot from Osbourne was on target, which I think is usually the crucial point when deciding whether it's been an own goal or not.

Seems a bit harsh to take the goal away from him and put it down as an OG.

Monkey Harris
25-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Hands on hips watching the game pass him by. His goal does not make up for his half hearted pish display for 89mins. How this clown is picked head of Sodje?