PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood explaining what he want's after a win at games...

GreenCastle
22-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Just received this email from Hibs and Calderwood taking about a new idea after the game...if we win...

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................................

The manager explains the reasoning behind the celebrations on the pitch at Fir Park and reveals he wants to introduce something similar at Easter Road; starting, hopefully, at the end of the game on Saturday.
Calderwood said: "It is something that I've seen the German teams do (see clip below) and I've always thought it was a really nice way for the fans to be involved in the celebrations.
"Rather than have the fans singing one song and the players dancing to the tune of a different one, which invariably happens, this brings about a bit of unity.
"The fans join in the celebration when the players raise their arms together and it is a way we can celebrate victories with supporters.
"As I said, it is something that happens in Germany, it isn't something I've seen too often in this country, but hopefully it is something the fans and players will take to.
"Hopefully it will happen a lot more this season after some wins. The players are together and are in unison with the fans. It will be a fascinating sight to see that celebration happen at a full Easter Road.
"I think we have the capabilities of scoring. But we've obviously got to learn about the nitty-gritty of defending and being solid without exerting ourselves too much.
"We've got to be lifted by what happened on Tuesday. Every manager sees good play on the training ground because people play with a freedom and there is no consequence to it.
"The good players are the ones that show their abilities and make the right decisions on match day.
"The players' honesty and bravery in the trying times we've had this season is to be commended.
"Hopefully we can bear some fruit for our supporters at the end of it. They've suffered - we know they've suffered.
"But the heart is there and it will keep on beating and I think that is what this team will continue to do."
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................................

I assume he is talking about something like this ? I am all for it...will help build that link with the fans but the players have to do their talking on the pitch as one result doesn't make up for the last few months of dross.

http://youtu.be/91IqE0TSGL0 - German football has some really good supporters groups including Schalke.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-09-2011, 05:47 PM
One thing I'll give Calderwood, and I give him more credit than most, is that he does seem to say the same things we do after a match. Granted, he can directly influence and correct the wrongdoings and it's taken, and continues to take, a lot longer than we had all collectively hoped but I still believe he needs the time to get it right.

The addition, and welcome influence, of Billy Brown can only be a good thing.

GreenCastle
22-09-2011, 05:50 PM
One thing I'll give Calderwood, and I give him more credit than most, is that he does seem to say the same things we do after a match. Granted, he can directly influence and correct the wrongdoings and it's taken, and continues to take, a lot longer than we had all collectively hoped but I still believe he needs the time to get it right.

I can't remember the last time we were losing at half time and came back to win - BB having an influence already?

You saw BB taking no chat back from Sproule at East End Park - I am hoping this is a change in discipline and attitude from the players as it's long over due. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
22-09-2011, 05:56 PM
I can't remember the last time we were losing at half time and came back to win - BB having an influence already?

You saw BB taking no chat back from Sproule at East End Park - I am hoping this is a change in discipline and attitude from the players as it's long over due. :agree:

Technically we drew, but won a penalty shoot out.:wink:

Jack
22-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Great idea. Anything to reconnect the support to the club.

hibs0666
22-09-2011, 06:13 PM

Amen to that. I can guarantee you that anyone who has been to a German league game will tell you it is a fab occasion.

GreenCastle
22-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Technically we drew, but won a penalty shoot out.:wink:

Glass half empty :wink:

A win is a win for Hibs right now :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
22-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Got the email and I agree it is a great idea. While I'm still not convinced by CC's tactics and the players he's brought in, I don't buy into the "he doesn't jump around so he doesn't care" attitude. Lets hope we get a win on Saturday so we can try it out.

Hainan Hibs
22-09-2011, 06:29 PM
I've seen teams do this sort of thing in the Dutch eredivisie, it's a good idea and it's good to see CC and the club communicate this kind of idea.

Onceinawhile
22-09-2011, 06:47 PM
I've seen teams do this sort of thing in the Dutch eredivisie, it's a good idea and it's good to see CC and the club communicate this kind of idea. Scottish football should be copying everything it can from Germany. Cheap football, massive crowds, standing, atmosphere, beer and clubs can't be owned 51% by an individual. My only criticism of this would be, just concentrate on winning first Colin.

nonshinyfinish
22-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Scottish football should be copying everything it can from Germany. Cheap football, massive crowds, standing, atmosphere, beer and clubs can't be owned 51% by an individual.

Agreed, and I'd add top-notch banners (http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/big-picture/2011-09-19/sol-judas-campbell-got-lightly-compared-manuel-neuer-see-schalkes-incredible-banners) to the list.

R'Albin
22-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Agreed, and I'd add top-notch banners (http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/big-picture/2011-09-19/sol-judas-campbell-got-lightly-compared-manuel-neuer-see-schalkes-incredible-banners) to the list.

:hilarious :top marks

Edinburgh Green
22-09-2011, 07:23 PM
He should be concentrating on getting a winning team rather than some gimmick.

Kato
22-09-2011, 07:33 PM
He should be concentrating on getting a winning team rather than some gimmick.

It's not a gimmick if it promotes this.

I'd like to see this particular gimmick quickly and often, thanks.

givescotlandfreedom
22-09-2011, 08:17 PM
It's a good idea and works well in Germany. Of course Colin will be aware that in Germany the players approach the fans after all results and get absolute pelters and stuff chucked at them if they don't perform.

Future17
22-09-2011, 08:20 PM
I think he might be on crack, but I'll try anything to help us improve as a team....including crack. :smokin

givescotlandfreedom
22-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Scottish football should be copying everything it can from Germany. Cheap football, massive crowds, standing, atmosphere, beer and clubs can't be owned 51% by an individual. My only criticism of this would be, just concentrate on winning first Colin.

They need to finacially sound too and post how they'll survive before the season begins or get refused entry to the Bundesliga.

ronaldo7
22-09-2011, 08:34 PM
So we've all got to hold hands with the person in the next seat, and bond with the players.

Oh the Hibees.........................:devil:

Billy
22-09-2011, 09:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RtkNfTIzW0

scott7_0(Prague)
22-09-2011, 09:43 PM
It's a good idea and works well in Germany. Of course Colin will be aware that in Germany the players approach the fans after all results and get absolute pelters and stuff chucked at them if they don't perform.
Same happens here in CZ, win, lose or draw. Good to see Hibs or CC being proactive in this though.

lucky
22-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Excellent idea. Can't believe anyone is complaining about it. The wee greens do the huddle so why shouldn't Hibs have a gimmick. It also shows the team is bonding and appreciate the fans. Hibs have scored 4 goals away from this week and have move of the bottom of league and into the quarter finals of the cup.. It's not been a great start but progress is there for us all to see.

GreenCastle
23-09-2011, 02:25 AM

Looks like what we thought at half time against Motherwell... :agree:

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Colin-Calderwood-pays-tribute-to.6841164.jp

wearethehibs
23-09-2011, 06:38 AM
I enjoyed the celebration on Tuesday :). Hope to see it again on Saturday GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2011, 06:53 AM
Let me explain to you Colin just what i'd like from the team and yourself. I'd like to actually see us win a few games, then win those games with a little bit of good football and exciting play.

Give us that, and crowds will return, atmosphere will improve and we will all take part in any wee gimmick you like.

Talk is cheap Colin, its time to start walking the walk. I'm sick to death of listening to all your waffle, it means nowt without results. Start winning and we will all do the conga naked up and down the east stand with you.

Jack
23-09-2011, 07:01 AM
He should be concentrating on getting a winning team rather than some gimmick. He probably is concentrating on that but surely there's also time for other things like this and going home for tea and breathing.

The Voice Of Reason
23-09-2011, 07:09 AM
Let me explain to you Colin just what i'd like from the team and yourself. I'd like to actually see us win a few games, then win those games with a little bit of good football and exciting play.

Give us that, and crowds will return, atmosphere will improve and we will all take part in any wee gimmick you like.

Talk is cheap Colin, its time to start walking the walk. I'm sick to death of listening to all your waffle, it means nowt without results. Start winning and we will all do the conga naked up and down the east stand with you.

:faf: :thumbsup: :agree:

Jack
23-09-2011, 08:06 AM

Dear God the sight of awful fitba replaced with the sight of a naked blackpoolhibs (with or without the tower :faf:) one, two, three kick. What have the poor sods in the East done to deserve this? :confused:

GreenPJ
23-09-2011, 08:15 AM

Do you not think he wants the same thing? The wee gimmick only becomes applicable if we win and so surely that is the message he is trying to get across that he realises that wins are the important thing (first and foremost).

Craig_in_Prague
23-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Do you not think he wants the same thing? The wee gimmick only becomes applicable if we win and so surely that is the message he is trying to get across that he realises that wins are the important thing (first and foremost).

well, I think the issue has been, not necessarily that the team have not been winning, but how many games under CC could we all say the team deserved a clap off the field at the end?

I like the players coming to the fans at the end, but as others said, here in CZ or in Germany etc, it is after the game - no matter the result. So it works well to unite players and fans, when the team are clearly given there all, the fans can see what they're trying to do........ and win, lose or draw, we can sleep well knowing at least the side done their all.

So I can see where Blackpool H is coming from.
CC needs to get performance levels to a certain standard and then he might start getting fans 'on side' and we can unite and move forward.

Gatecrasher
23-09-2011, 08:40 AM
I think its a good idea, especially since the last few years results have meant there has been a bit of a seperation between players and fans regarding results and performences.

I'm not sure seperation is the right word but i hope you understand what i mean. :aok:

Big Frank
23-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Excellent idea. Can't believe anyone is complaining about it. The wee greens do the huddle so why shouldn't Hibs have a gimmick. It also shows the team is bonding and appreciate the fans. Hibs have scored 4 goals away from this week and have move of the bottom of league and into the quarter finals of the cup.. It's not been a great start but progress is there for us all to see.

Good post lucky

Expecting Rain
23-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Scottish football should be copying everything it can from Germany. Cheap football, massive crowds, standing, atmosphere, beer and clubs can't be owned 51% by an individual. My only criticism of this would be, just concentrate on winning first Colin.

Add two teams always trying to beat each other wether they are home or away and good football on the deck, wingers, shots at goal and plenty of penalty box incidents.:agree:

Keith_M
23-09-2011, 10:52 AM
So, this is only going to happen if we win?

That reminds me of the old, old, old........ joke

I was sitting next to a blind guy, with a guide dog, at a derby game. His dog was really quiet throughout the match, which Hearts won 2-0. At the end he started howling and rolling around on the floor. 'That's amazing', I said, 'but what does do when Hibs win?'. 'Dunno', replies the bloke, 'I've only had him 5 years'.

Baker9
23-09-2011, 11:04 AM

Just watched the BB interview on HTV. He spoke very well and claimed a Hibby background (genuinely). A difficult situation for Colin. If we go on a run, were we just about to do so and Brown's presence is a coincidence or is the run because of Brown? I have liked what Colin is trying to do and would like it to be the former. I suspect that Brown has already had an influence and that influence will grow stronger.