PDA

View Full Version : Lose for the 'greater good' ?

tam4hibs
22-09-2011, 04:43 PM
After hearing on the radio there was sections ofour support who were wanting us to lose against Motherwell in the cup in the hope it would get CC the sack: well I didnt believe it.

I actually thought this was a bit of media stirring, until I seen this:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Get-Colin-Calderwood-Out-Of-Easter-Road/220543181337162
See yesterday's posts at 5.06 by the admin.

Now I'm no fan of CC. Far from it. Neither am I some uber fan who slated those who boo/vent frustration at the team. (let's no take that as a slurr and go off topic). But I could honestly NEVER want to see Hibs lose, regardless of circumstance.

Is that just me? Is there a growing number who wish to see is lose so we can get shot of CC?
If so, who are you? Discuss, please try explain the rationale behind your thinking - as im not getting it.

Opinions welcome because if that's the general mood then I feel a big disconnect between my feelings towards Hibs compared to that of these fans.

smurf
22-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Disgusting wanting us to lose. Shame on them.

HibsMax
22-09-2011, 04:56 PM
There are people over here who want the Red Sox to miss the wild card because "we don't deserve it". I don't care how big our collapse has been, I ALWAYS want to see us win. That goes for Hibs, Scotland, Red Sox....all my teams.

Albion Hibs
22-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Wanting their own team to lose - I would not even class that as being a part time supporter. Shameful actions from a shameful bunch.

If they feel like that I hope they dont come back to easter road, IMO we are better off without fans like that.

Hibs Class
22-09-2011, 05:07 PM
That is a proper admin prick!

Captain Trips
22-09-2011, 05:08 PM
I think well IMO this may be based on the Jim Duffy 2-2 v Hearts that probably kept him in the job that bit longer as I think he was out if we lost, ultimatley it was a draw that cost us our place in SPL. At time a great comeback but in hindsight one of the worse points we could have won.

I do not want to see Hibs lose as you can hope that every win is start of something, I just think we will lose a lot more than win with CC and he will end up going sooner rather than later I hope.

WhileTheChief..
22-09-2011, 05:15 PM
I think well IMO this may be based on the Jim Duffy 2-2 v Hearts that probably kept him in the job that bit longer as I think he was out if we lost, ultimatley it was a draw that cost us our place in SPL. At time a great comeback but in hindsight one of the worse points we could have won.

Totally agree with this. I can kinda see where they are coming from but could never go so far as wanting Hibs to lose. What makes it more bizarre to me is that it was a cup tie, it smacks of cutting your nose off to spite to your face.

Jack
22-09-2011, 05:29 PM
<<Marc. Head Admin>> wouldn't be the Marc that disorganised the non-protest would he?

R'Albin
22-09-2011, 05:31 PM
After hearing on the radio there was sections ofour support who were wanting us to lose against Motherwell in the cup in the hope it would get CC the sack: well I didnt believe it.

I actually thought this was a bit of media stirring, until I seen this:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Get-Colin-Calderwood-Out-Of-Easter-Road/220543181337162
See yesterday's posts at 5.06 by the admin.

Now I'm no fan of CC. Far from it. Neither am I some uber fan who slated those who boo/vent frustration at the team. (let's no take that as a slurr and go off topic). But I could honestly NEVER want to see Hibs lose, regardless of circumstance.

Is that just me? Is there a growing number who wish to see is lose so we can get shot of CC?
If so, who are you? Discuss, please try explain the rationale behind your thinking - as im not getting it.

Opinions welcome because if that's the general mood then I feel a big disconnect between my feelings towards Hibs compared to that of these fans.

I'm presuming he seen this thread and then removed it..? I can't find it anyway?

What did it say?

tam4hibs
22-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Nah, still seems to be there: apologies for the cut n paste format.

Xxxxx: Just need to win in the league Now GGTTH
Wednesday at 05:09 · Like

Get Colin Calderwood Out Of Easter Road: i was hoping motherwell would win so the pressure would be more on calderwood and billy ****bo brown
Wednesday at 05:46 · Like

Tam4hibs: You were hoping Motherwell would win?! U wanted hibs to get beat and knocked out the cup?
Get a xxxxxxx grip. Hibs are bigger than just one man. He may be sh**e but never, and I mean NEVER would any hibby want to see their team get beat - regardless of circumstance.
Fxxxing pathetic.
Yesterday at 00:19 · Like · 1 person

Get Colin Calderwood Out Of Easter Road: who cares about the league cup if in the long term it gets rid of calderwood and brown it would have been worth it
18 hours ago · Like

Tam4hibs: Bollocks.
It's still a cup. And I'm sure you cared about it in 2007?! I'd still rather be in it for when a new man takes over than lose. You can claw back 3 points in the league. When u lose in the cup, that's it. Yer out.
This page is a joke. Set up by daft bairns who don't have a clue.
Are you a Yam? Never known any hibby in my life who wanted us to get beat.
I too wish calderwood should go, but I would prefer it if he just started winning games. that's the only thing that matters, not who's in charge.
Again, to reiterate my earlier point; Xxxx Pathetic.
11 hours ago · Like

Get Colin Calderwood Out Of Easter Road if ur not happy with the page then you know where to go dont you.
9 hours ago · Like

Get Colin Calderwood Out Of Easter Road this page was set up by proper hibs fans who want rid of calderwood we dnt care how he goes as long as he goes

Apologies for my rant in the above paste. Now this isn't a thread to point the finger at this guy, it was meant to be a genuine debate - could u ever see yourself wanting us to lose? It's those that say Yes is who I want to hear from, and why.

Although this guy does seem to be misrepresenting the (majority?) of our support.

Good points above re Duffy, but would i have swapped all that and lost that game v them? Nope.

R'Albin
22-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Nah, still seems to be there: apologies for the cut n paste format.

Xxxxx: Just need to win in the league Now GGTTH
Wednesday at 05:09 · Like

Get Colin Calderwood Out Of Easter Road: i was hoping motherwell would win so the pressure would be more on calderwood and billy ****bo brown
Wednesday at 05:46 · Like

Tam4hibs: You were hoping Motherwell would win?! U wanted hibs to get beat and knocked out the cup?
Get a xxxxxxx grip. Hibs are bigger than just one man. He may be sh**e but never, and I mean NEVER would any hibby want to see their team get beat - regardless of circumstance.
Fxxxing pathetic.
Yesterday at 00:19 · Like · 1 person

Get Colin Calderwood Out Of Easter Road: who cares about the league cup if in the long term it gets rid of calderwood and brown it would have been worth it
18 hours ago · Like

Tam4hibs: Bollocks.
It's still a cup. And I'm sure you cared about it in 2007?! I'd still rather be in it for when a new man takes over than lose. You can claw back 3 points in the league. When u lose in the cup, that's it. Yer out.
This page is a joke. Set up by daft bairns who don't have a clue.
Are you a Yam? Never known any hibby in my life who wanted us to get beat.
I too wish calderwood should go, but I would prefer it if he just started winning games. that's the only thing that matters, not who's in charge.
Again, to reiterate my earlier point; Xxxx Pathetic.
11 hours ago · Like

Get Colin Calderwood Out Of Easter Road if ur not happy with the page then you know where to go dont you.
9 hours ago · Like

Get Colin Calderwood Out Of Easter Road this page was set up by proper hibs fans who want rid of calderwood we dnt care how he goes as long as he goes

Apologies for my rant in the above paste. Now this isn't a thread to point the finger at this guy, it was meant to be a genuine debate - could u ever see yourself wanting us to lose? It's those that say Yes is who I want to hear from, and why.

Although this guy does seem to be misrepresenting the (majority?) of our support.

Good points above re Duffy, but would i have swapped all that and lost that game v them? Nope.

Oh cheers for that, obviously missed it. What an absolute tit, whoever created this must be about 9 years old :rolleyes:

MrSmith
22-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Och well, if that is how him/they feel then so be it. I won't slate them for it, though I am just a wee bit disappointed.

Hibs Class
22-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Och well, if that is how him/they feel then so be it. I won't slate them for it, though I am just a wee bit disappointed.

I won't slate them for it either. But if they wanted Hibs to lose I wouldn't regard them as proper supporters either and I'd just laugh at any attempt to present themselves as such.

RIP
22-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Imagine how Hitler would have used the internet? The man was off his napper but a skilled orator. He was passionate and sincerely believed in his cause. He managed to brainwash millions of his countrymen.

Hilter plus Facebook = scary biscuits

JimBHibees
23-09-2011, 08:38 AM
Disgusting wanting us to lose. Shame on them.

Completely agree no proper fan would want that.

Andy74
23-09-2011, 08:58 AM
It's a bit of a simplistic approach though.

If someone honestly believed that by winning or drawing then long term things would remain not good but that in losing two games or so then the long term outlook would be much better then that's a valid viewpoint.

Talk of people not being real Hibby's is in itself unHibby like.

There are various valid viewpoints and dismissing people as not true fans is out of order.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-09-2011, 09:04 AM
If there was a mood in the chairman's office that was veering towards seeing Calderwod go out of the door then that would make the result against Motherwell incidental. To be fair though, Calderwood had made mistakes, very public mistakes sometimes, both with team set up and the way he has behaved as the focal point of our team. But IMHO, the player we are leaving behind in the dressing room is confidence. He only turns up when we start to win and perform.

JimBHibees
23-09-2011, 09:07 AM

If someone honestly believed that by winning or drawing then long term things would remain not good but that in losing two games or so then the long term outlook would be much better then that's a valid viewpoint.

There are various valid viewpoints and dismissing people as not true fans is out of order.

Complete bollox, we obviously can and do lose games which may mean changes are made however that is completely different from fans of a team to say they actually want their team to lose.

--------
23-09-2011, 10:03 AM

Sorry, Andy, I can't agree with you here. Losing one or two games isn't going to sort out the problems existing at ER right now.

How far do you take it?

Losing on Tuesday and going out of the League Cup?

Losing the next two League games? The next three? The next five? The next ten? How many is it OK to lose to get CC and BB out of the club?

Supposing that they're the root cause of the problems, rather than the club's corporate culture set by people higher up the pyramid?

I don't like a lot of what I see at ER, but I'm mightily glad we won on Tuesday. For once in a long while we weren't the ones who were hurting on Thursday morning.

I'm also a bit bemused by the sentence in bold. What does "unHibby like" mean? Is there a "philosophy of Hibbyness" set out somewhere in a "Wee Green Book"? "The Thoughts of Canon Hannan"? Can someone become a "Hibby heretic"?

Maybe we should have show-trials where former fans convicted of "unHibby-ism" can confess their faults and promise to do everything to make amends to the true followers of The Hibby Way whom they've offended by their unHibby thoughtcrimes?

I know that Hibernian was founded on certain principles, but following the same football team is all it is - we're just football fans who want the team to win.

It's not a religion.

Forza Fred
23-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Interesting in as much as that the original poster when referring to Hibs does not refer to them as 'we' ... but to HIbs.

makes me wonder where his sympathies truly lie.

also intereesting that s/he has such relatively few posts up until now..

Geo_1875
23-09-2011, 10:22 AM
sorry, andy, i can't agree with you here. Losing one or two games isn't going to sort out the problems existing at er right now.

How far do you take it?

Losing on tuesday and going out of the league cup?

Losing the next two league games? The next three? The next five? The next ten? How many is it ok to lose to get cc and bb out of the club?

Supposing that they're the root cause of the problems, rather than the club's corporate culture set by people higher up the pyramid?

I don't like a lot of what i see at er, but i'm mightily glad we won on tuesday. For once in a long while we weren't the ones who were hurting on thursday morning.

i'm also a bit bemused by the sentence in bold. What does "unhibby like" mean? Is there a "philosophy of hibbyness" set out somewhere in a "wee green book"? "the thoughts of canon hannan"? Can someone become a "hibby heretic"?

Maybe we should have show-trials where former fans convicted of "unhibby-ism" can confess their faults and promise to do everything to make amends to the true followers of the hibby way whom they've offended by their unhibby thoughtcrimes?

I know that hibernian was founded on certain principles, but following the same football team is all it is - we're just football fans who want the team to win.

It's not a religion.

blasphemer!!!!

EasterRoad4Ever
23-09-2011, 10:34 AM

I do not want to see Hibs lose as you can hope that every win is start of something, I just think we will lose a lot more than win with CC and he will end up going sooner rather than later I hope.

Exactly my thoughts too. Sometimes you really need to see the bigger picture and take your medicine (and all those cliches). I never want Hibs to lose but accept there are times when a defeat can help the road to recovery. Duffy was beyond help and we all knew it. CC has the same smell about him, and hasn't a hope of turning into a manager any time soon.

heretoday
23-09-2011, 11:30 AM
I think there are some people out there who enjoy the club being in turmoil. They'd like a new manager every week.

They must get off on all the rumour and press speculation or summat.

Gatecrasher
23-09-2011, 11:43 AM
I think there are some people out there who enjoy the club being in turmoil. They'd like a new manager every week.

Sadly it seems like it to me as well :agree:

Albion Hibs
23-09-2011, 11:45 AM

Rubbish. look up the definition of supporter, if it justifies what these idiots are saying in anyway I will eat my hat.

To hope that we get knocked out of a cup is nothing short of a minging attitude towards hibs. Do you think those that started this would go if we got to the final of this cup, do you think they would be delighted we won, I would hope they would. Which is nothing short of a farce given they were hoping we would get put out.

As I have said before. Better off without them.

tam4hibs
23-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Interesting in as much as that the original poster when referring to Hibs does not refer to them as 'we' ... but to HIbs.

makes me wonder where his sympathies truly lie.

also intereesting that s/he has such relatively few posts up until now..

So has that got to do with anything how many posts I have? I have read the .net rules a while ago but i dont seem to recall anything about having to have a specific number of posts before I can post a topic? :rolleyes:

I dont post much, read mostly. Only post when I have a strong opinion on something - and you could see from the link that this topic falls into this category. Although why the **** im having to explain the topic is beyond me.

So, ill ask again, what are you inferring? :confused:

Now, if you had bothered to read (assuimg you can :greengrin) then i do refer to Hibs as 'us'. More so, if you had bothered to click the link and read what this topic was originally all about - you would see the my name is clearly there on FB (remmeber Tam is short for Thomas), defending 'us'! Actually, incase that was too difficult for you I had even copied and pasted what was said.

I am planning to make a channel 5 sponsored film about the topic incase reading proves too difficult for anyone. :aok:

How about you actually contribute something worthwhile to the thread? Its beacuse of posters like yourself that probaly puts others off posting more, like an exclusive wee club where your opinion is called into question if you dont have enough posts. Have a word with yerself.

Rant over. Grrrr.

Back on topic: My main gripe is that this viewpoint has been mentioned on the radio. The 'protest' mentioned in all media. Other fans may start to think this is the view of all Hibs fans (sorry, 'us' fans. Does that even make sense?).

The topic was started to find out if thats honestly how the majority of people feel (as its very far from my own opinion) and i opened it up for discussion (shock: on a forum). If anything, this topic is showing that viewpoint is not that shared by most fans, and assuming the media read these forums it may actually clear up those misconceptions.

Dinkydoo
23-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Rubbish. look up the definition of supporter, if it justifies what these idiots are saying in anyway I will eat my hat.

To hope that we get knocked out of a cup is nothing short of a minging attitude towards hibs. Do you think those that started this would go if we got to the final of this cup, do you think they would be delighted we won, I would hope they would. Which is nothing short of a farce given they were hoping we would get put out.

As I have said before. Better off without them.

:agree:

Wanting your team to lose isn't supporting them.

bawheid
23-09-2011, 11:54 AM

Yep, plus loads of folk get off on "I told you so..."

I told you Yogi was mince / Petrie's picked another dud / Calderwood wants away / Osbourne is rubbish / etc.

Everyone wants to be the first doubter so that they can shout about how they "knew he was crap right from the start". They want Hibs to fail.

MrSmith
23-09-2011, 12:07 PM
I think some have misinterpreted Andy74's post unfairly. What I read from Andy's post was that no matter the individual supporter viewpoint it is as valid as any other.

What the problem appears to be is that as soon as an opinion of that ilk is stated then, it is jumped on and declared, bollox, rubbish, not a fan, hearts fan, etc, etc!

As I stated in my post, this type of opinion is disappointing but it has been made and has to be respected because that is how the individual feels!! We can only hope through positive discussion and debate that it can be changed for the better and, for the fan who expressed their feeling, does not become marginalized nor ridiculed which does seem to happen with monotonous regularity..

Any how, we are either hibees or we are not! There is no degree of good or bad and in this time of crisis people really need to be careful not to scare others away!

jdships
23-09-2011, 12:09 PM
:agree:

Wanting your team to lose isn't supporting them.

Spot on :thumbsup:
Must admit there are times especially in the last couple of years where I have had periods of " complete disinterest " until 16.45 on a Saturday afternoon when I am desperate to know the Hibs score :greengrin:devil:
Could never imagine me hoping they would lose :rolleyes:

:flag:

Albion Hibs
23-09-2011, 12:19 PM
I think some have misinterpreted Andy74's post unfairly. What I read from Andy's post was that no matter the individual supporter viewpoint it is as valid as any other.

What the problem appears to be is that as soon as an opinion of that ilk is stated then, it is jumped on and declared, bollox, rubbish, not a fan, hearts fan, etc, etc!

As I stated in my post, this type of opinion is disappointing but it has been made and has to be respected because that is how the individual feels!! We can only hope through positive discussion and debate that it can be changed for the better and the fan who expressed their feeling does not become marginalized nor ridiculed which does seem to happen with monotonous regularity..

Any how, we are either hibees or we are not! There is no degree of good or bad and in this time of crisis people really need to be careful not to scare others away!

And all people are doing is giving their opinion on someones opinion, there is nothing wrong with at, and equally if it is declared, bollox, rubbish, not a fan, hearts fan etc etc it is just as valid as the person who stated this "greater good" opinion in the first place.

MrSmith
23-09-2011, 12:23 PM
And all people are doing is giving their opinion on someones opinion, there is nothing wrong with at, and equally if it is declared, bollox, rubbish, not a fan, hearts fan etc etc it is just as valid as the person who stated this "greater good" opinion in the first place.

Correct! Nail on head, now learn form it.

tam4hibs
23-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Getting confusing...

We are now discussing the opinion of peoples opinions on other peoples opinions. :greengrin

Anyway, i completely respect other peoples opinion. I will disagree - and sometimes try have them see my way of thinking. However, im happy to ultimately agree to disagree.

Each to their own etc.

Again, the topic was not intended to slate this guys opinion (although hypocritical as thats exactly what i did on FB). But to ask if that was an opinion shared by others. If its the majority. The rationale behind this way of thinking (as im still not sure i get it).......

It has certainly started a debate, and its good to see other views. I now appreciate where they are coming from after the Duffy 2v2 comments. But still dont agree, far from it.

So, for instance, if a manager comes in who you dont agree with - lets say JJ :jamboak: - would you want him to lose games straight away just so we can give him the sack?!

Another example: an ex-hibby was a guy i knew personally. And absolutely detested. However, when he pulled on the green i clapped and cheered like everyone else. When/if he scored i celebrated. Would it have been better for the club if we had lost everygame so he would have been released earlier, making me happier? Eh, no.

Same applies to CC, why want the team to lose to support/emphasise your own opinion and feelings. Why not just support the team to win and everyone (allegedly) is happy?

Speedway
23-09-2011, 12:47 PM

I told you Yogi was mince / Petrie's picked another dud / Calderwood wants away / Osbourne is rubbish / etc.

Everyone wants to be the first doubter so that they can shout about how they "knew he was crap right from the start". They want Hibs to fail.

It's the loser mentality that has, for some time, permeated our numbers. Not all Hibbies are like that, but a lot of the loud and constantly heard ones are.

WhileTheChief..
23-09-2011, 12:58 PM
So, for instance, if a manager comes in who you dont agree with - lets say JJ :jamboak: - would you want him to lose games straight away just so we can give him the sack?!

A good example of this would be McLeish going to Villa. For all the moaning and knashing of teeth from the Villa fans about his appointment, I'm sure that come the start of the season they were wanting their team to win. I can't imagine anyone wanting their team to lose straight away just to get rid of a manager.

This however is a totally different situation than say McLeish losing his first 10 games in charge. I could then understand the fans thinking that at least if we lose no. 11 we will get a new manager in. Does that make them any less of a fan?

smurf
23-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Well let's hope we win tomorrow. Cheers, A CC doubter.

hibsbollah
23-09-2011, 01:16 PM

Theres an alternative of course; make outlandish happy clappy predictions about how great a player is going to be so you can show off after the event.

This can go either way; i confidently predicted Benji would follow his 17 goals in the 2005-6 season with 25+ the following season. He scored one. After seeing Damon Gray for the reserves I also said he would make the breakthrough the same season and have a massively successful career at the top level.. He never got picked more than two or three times and is now struggling to get a game for berwick.

On the other hand i had always rated Bamba at the pars and to widespread hilarity i predicted he would be a great signing and go on to play in the premiership. At the time this place was in meltdown about this laughqbly bad signing.

Outlandishly Optimistic Predictions. Its the Way Forward!

MWHIBBIES
23-09-2011, 01:36 PM
He is an embarrassing excuse for a Hibs fan in my opinion.

hibiedude
23-09-2011, 02:02 PM

I never want us to lose and always want the yams to go bust :greengrin

Andy74
23-09-2011, 02:24 PM
There's an age old discussion about the end justifying the means. It's probably never fully been answered but it's valid.

I think its important to note that people feeling that way ultimately want Hibs to be better so that can't make them any less a supporter.

Are people who would accept a good player going for a big fee that could be reinvested to help in the long run also not real supporters?

CallumLaidlaw
23-09-2011, 02:24 PM
I can put my hand on my heart and say I wanted us to lose against Motherwell...The win has only confused the issue and prolonged the agony...Billy Brown must be making an impact...And that's not going to help long term either!!

Why is a new coach making an impact not going to help long term?

Gatecrasher
23-09-2011, 02:57 PM
:asshole:
I can put my hand on my heart and say I wanted us to lose against Motherwell...The win has only confused the issue and prolonged the agony...Billy Brown must be making an impact...And that's not going to help long term either!!

jdships
23-09-2011, 03:04 PM

Spot on IMO - good post

jdships
23-09-2011, 03:29 PM
I should have said minimal impact..Forget Calderwood. He's so thick it would be unfair even to call him a clown. Let's keep him out of the equation and assume Brown's arrival has at least had some effect,even if is minimal as we got a draw at least at Motherwell and got through on penalties.But Brown is 60,has been a stooge under Jeffries all his life and I don't believe he has the qualities we need long term (or any term for that matter)

"But Brown is 60," - so what ? :rolleyes:
Next to bigotry ageism is my favourite dislike .
Re your post - OK it's your opinion which you are entitled to express but how about giving the guy a chance ?

:confused:

Dinkydoo
23-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Spot on :thumbsup:
Must admit there are times especially in the last couple of years where I have had periods of " complete disinterest " until 16.45 on a Saturday afternoon when I am desperate to know the Hibs score :greengrin:devil:
Could never imagine me hoping they would lose :rolleyes:

I've said before that for a number of reasons, I've not managed to get to a game since the beginning of last season; but no matter how much I try to convince myself that I don't care about the score, come 5pm on a Saturday I'm frantically trying to either login here or find it on the radio/television/BBC Sport website if I haven't already come across it :greengrin

I can't even pretend that I'm not bothered, never mind actually wanting us to lose!

Rougier45
23-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Whilst we all want hibs to win the bigger picture has to be looked at -is it better to lose a game and sack a dud rather than scrape lucky draws and prolong the pain- prolonging the pain causes more difficulties to the club long term the facebook guys opinion whilst maybe difficult to swallow for some is valid- I am still backing cc but if I was .100% sure that he was the wrong Man then I would take a few quick defeats to speed up the process - it's all opinions and all have the future of Hibernian in mind

FranckSuzy
23-09-2011, 07:00 PM

I should have said minimal impact..Forget Calderwood. He's so thick it would be unfair even to call him a clown. Let's keep him out of the equation and assume Brown's arrival has at least had some effect,even if is minimal as we got a draw at least at Motherwell and got through on penalties.But Brown is 60,has been a stooge under Jeffries all his life and I don't believe he has the qualities we need long term (or any term for that matter)

Wondered where you'd been hiding. Obviously not at diplomacy school :rolleyes: :greengrin

ancient hibee
23-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Wondered where you'd been hiding. Obviously not at diplomacy school :rolleyes: :greengrin

In a circus with the rest of the clowns?

Future17
23-09-2011, 07:30 PM
"The Greater Good" :agree:

MrSmith
23-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Whatever whenever... I really wanted/want CC to turn us around! Hopefully him and now BB will do this!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
23-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Sorry, Andy, I can't agree with you here. Losing one or two games isn't going to sort out the problems existing at ER right now.

How far do you take it?

Losing on Tuesday and going out of the League Cup?

Losing the next two League games? The next three? The next five? The next ten? How many is it OK to lose to get CC and BB out of the club?

I don't like a lot of what I see at ER, but I'm mightily glad we won on Tuesday. For once in a long while we weren't the ones who were hurting on Thursday morning.

I'm also a bit bemused by the sentence in bold. What does "unHibby like" mean? Is there a "philosophy of Hibbyness" set out somewhere in a "Wee Green Book"? "The Thoughts of Canon Hannan"? Can someone become a "Hibby heretic"?

Maybe we should have show-trials where former fans convicted of "unHibby-ism" can confess their faults and promise to do everything to make amends to the true followers of The Hibby Way whom they've offended by their unHibby thoughtcrimes?

I know that Hibernian was founded on certain principles, but following the same football team is all it is - we're just football fans who want the team to win.

It's not a religion.[/B]

Amen to that. Things are bad enough without having to deal with that bollocks.

nortonhibby
23-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Theres an alternative of course; make outlandish happy clappy predictions about how great a player is going to be so you can show off after the event.

This can go either way; i confidently predicted Benji would follow his 17 goals in the 2005-6 season with 25+ the following season. He scored one. After seeing Damon Gray for the reserves I also said he would make the breakthrough the same season and have a massively successful career at the top level.. He never got picked more than two or three times and is now struggling to get a game for berwick.

On the other hand i had always rated Bamba at the pars and to widespread hilarity i predicted he would be a great signing and go on to play in the premiership. At the time this place was in meltdown about this laughqbly bad signing.

Outlandishly Optimistic Predictions. Its the Way Forward!

I Wish we still had Bamba now:flag:

Albion Hibs
24-09-2011, 01:40 AM
Correct! Nail on head, now learn form it.

I assume you are not talking to me? Learn from it, what are you on about, the fundamentals of this board is opinions, I dont need to learn from that, maybe you do? effectively all you are doing is saying that people are entitled to an opinion, a given really mate. You implied that people could not comment on a point of view, I think if anyone needs to learn anything it is you.

MrSmith
24-09-2011, 09:49 AM
I assume you are not talking to me? Learn from it, what are you on about, the fundamentals of this board is opinions, I dont need to learn from that, maybe you do? effectively all you are doing is saying that people are entitled to an opinion, a given really mate. You implied that people could not comment on a point of view, I think if anyone needs to learn anything it is you.

I always need to learn mate and I guess that is the benefit of review and reflection.

Jack
24-09-2011, 09:57 AM
The only folk who want Hibs to lose are who we are playing that week and yams - and even some of them want us to win sometimes.

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2011, 10:41 AM
I always want us to win, but hindsights a wonderfull thing. I wished we'd have lost to hearts when duff jimmys team scraped that 2-2 draw at swiney. I'm pretty sure that would have gotten him the sack, and we probably would have stayed up that year.

I can see why some folk want us to lose, i dont agree with them but can see why they think how they do.