PDA

View Full Version : Make it a tenner...

3pm
22-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Any chance of a wee thank you to the fans in the Celtic cup game?

Peg (like the pun?!) the prices at a tenner (yes, even for them) and try to make an occasion of it for once? A near 20,000 crowd for a game under the lights would be magic.

The gate money will be split, a lot of ST's took advantage of the early bird offer meaning they won't be penalised either.

Likely? Probably not.

R'Albin
22-09-2011, 03:37 PM

Peg (like the pun?!) the prices at a tenner (yes, even for them) and try to make an occasion of it for once? A near 20,000 crowd for a game under the lights would be magic.

The gate money will be split, a lot of ST's took advantage of the early bird offer meaning they won't be penalised either.

Likely? Probably not.

I would love to see that:agree:

Hopefully there will be a good atmoshpere- Not just singing, but a general buzz around the stadium, makes for a much more enjoyable experience :agree:

IWasThere2016
22-09-2011, 03:40 PM
It'll be on the box - so it'll need to be a tenner to get them in.

CropleyWasGod
22-09-2011, 03:42 PM

Likely? Probably not.

Like the idea of a thank you.... for what?? Slagging off CC all season? :greengrin

That said, at normal prices, we probably would get 12,000 at best. Cutting prices by half isn't going to attract another 8,000. Couldn't see it attracting enough to make it worth anybody's while.

3pm
22-09-2011, 03:45 PM
It'll be on the box - so it'll need to be a tenner to get them in.

Probably. It'd be nice if actually attempted to get people in though.

A home QF against under against 'one of them', under the lights for a tenner? Surely folk would be tempted rather than TV?

3pm
22-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Like the idea of a thank you.... for what?? Slagging off CC all season? :greengrin

That said, at normal prices, we probably would get 12,000 at best. Cutting prices by half isn't going to attract another 8,000. Couldn't see it attracting enough to make it worth anybody's while.

Thanks for putting up with him!

H18sry
22-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Celtc will sell there full allocation no matter what the price is :agree: So make tickets £20 and give all fans who buy a £20 ticket a £10 voucher of the next Hibs league game at ER

JimBHibees
22-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Celtc wont agree to a reduction as they wont want the crowd fuller than it might be at normal prices.

Sir David Gray
22-09-2011, 03:55 PM
It'll be normal CAT A pricing, i.e. £28 for adults.

Brooster
22-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Hibs.net shock........part time fans who can't normally be ersed going want into a high profile cup game for next to nowt!!!

3pm
22-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Hibs.net shock........part time fans who can't normally be ersed going want into a high profile cup game for next to nowt!!!

Who's the part timer?

Antifa Hibs
22-09-2011, 04:11 PM

No chance. Celtic wouldn't even shift their allocation if it was that!

£20 & £10 would be fair. Anything under would be a bonus.

Gatecrasher
22-09-2011, 04:12 PM

there would be hardly anyone turn up for that price.

matty_f
22-09-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm a season ticket holder so get the game with my season ticket anyway, but I'd be delighted to see the club try to fill the ground as much as possible with cheaper tickets. :agree:

Worth someone dropping the board an email about it, IMHO.

hibeenicol
22-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Think it's a great idea to make it a tenner for this game to try and get a full house. Think Celtic have to agree on the price of the tickets as well though.

I'll be there with my cup top up :greengrin

TheEastTerrace
22-09-2011, 04:43 PM
All about the money - I'll eat my hat if they reduce prices for a CAT A game.

smurf
22-09-2011, 04:48 PM
I'm a season ticket holder so get the game with my season ticket anyway, but I'd be delighted to see the club try to fill the ground as much as possible with cheaper tickets. :agree:

Worth someone dropping the board an email about it, IMHO.

Yip there needs to be a strategy to get them in with it being on the BBC.

If we charge full whack we will be looking at around 8000 max. I well remember Easter Road being half empty when we met them in the League Cup December 2003. That said it sounded full at full time...

Really hope we see sensible pricing.

Albion Hibs
22-09-2011, 04:57 PM

Likely? Probably not.

A thank you for what, the booing, constant crit on here - what exactly do the fans need a thank you for? Plenty have walked away from the club, what the eff do the deserve a thank you for. I could understand if all those at the game the other night were offered a deal, as a thank you for supporting on the night, but why to all those that stayed away and chose not to go and support the team.

Fact of the matter is you could make it free for some on here and they would still prefer to watch from the computer.

The constant wanting something all the time, generally for nothing, and always at the expense of someone else that comes from this board really makes me cringe.

As for celtic they are a well enough supported team that you dont have to worry about making it a tenner for them. A game at a reasonable KO time and they will sell out there end.

Hibs Class
22-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Yip there needs to be a strategy to get them in with it being on the BBC.If we charge full whack we will be looking at around 8000 max. I well remember Easter Road being half empty when we met them in the League Cup December 2003. That said it sounded full at full time...Really hope we see sensible pricing.Is it confirmed as on the tv?

Mark79
22-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Charge the away fans £50 a ticket and let us lot in for free. Season ticket holders to get a pie and a drink.

Are Celtic fans not meant to be the best fans in the world?

The Modfather
22-09-2011, 05:15 PM
A thank you for what, the booing, constant crit on here - what exactly do the fans need a thank you for? Plenty have walked away from the club, what the eff do the deserve a thank you for. I could understand if all those at the game the other night were offered a deal, as a thank you for supporting on the night, but why to all those that stayed away and chose not to go and support the team.

Fact of the matter is you could make it free for some on here and they would still prefer to watch from the computer.

The constant wanting something all the time, generally for nothing, and always at the expense of someone else that comes from this board really makes me cringe.

As for celtic they are a well enough supported team that you dont have to worry about making it a tenner for them. A game at a reasonable KO time and they will sell out there end.

You're correct, it shouldn't be a thank you, it should be more an apology!

maturehibby
22-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Sorry I dont buy into this I had to pay for a season ticket and used the Earlybird (giving Hibs money when they needed it most during the summer months when there was little or no revenue coming in) scheme as did my two sons and my mates - so dont see why people who pick and choose there games then look to get something on the cheap .
Being a Hibs fan with a season ticket is like having a dog - its for life .
The ones who I would give a reduction to would be the ones who bought a ticket for the game against Berwick

NOLA
22-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Hibs should pay us to go to the game :wink:

Hibs Class
22-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Sorry I dont buy into this I had to pay for a season ticket and used the Earlybird (giving Hibs money when they needed it most during the summer months when there was little or no revenue coming in) scheme as did my two sons and my mates - so dont see why people who pick and choose there games then look to get something on the cheap .
Being a Hibs fan with a season ticket is like having a dog - its for life .
The ones who I would give a reduction to would be the ones who bought a ticket for the game against Berwick

Given that Berwick had cash gates your last idea is a bit impractical. We could do a similar deal for walk-ups against Dundee Utd / St Johnstone / Motherwell though. I don't feel as precious about the top-up this year either, having got it simply for paying up early. I'd be more inclined to agree if I'd paid around £40 for it as in previous seasons.

Eaststand
22-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Celtc will sell there full allocation no matter what the price is :agree: So make tickets £20 and give all fans who buy a £20 ticket a £10 voucher of the next Hibs league game at ER

Great idea and as usual the simplist ideas are often the most effective....................you get my vote to run the commercial office at ER bud

GGTTH

The Falcon
22-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Hibs should pay us to go to the game :wink:

We'd still complain :greengrin

PatHead
22-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Great idea and as usual the simplist ideas are often the most effective....................you get my vote to run the commercial office at ER bud

GGTTH

Hibs will have to charge Celtic supporters the same as Hibs supporters. This means we would effectively be subsidising Celtic supporters and is therefore a non starter

Albion Hibs
22-09-2011, 08:44 PM
You're correct, it shouldn't be a thank you, it should be more an apology!

An apology for what, to those that jumped ship only had to have a look at the results on here or in the paper, what difference did it make to them? Simply put the fans are due nothing, as more than plenty gave nothing. As I said before those at the M'Well game, and maybe season ticket holders, but for those that sat at home and complained on .net - what are they due an apology for.

Lets not forget the most crucial thing....A hibs Fan is asking to be incentivised to go and watch Hibs play in a quater final of a cup - strikes me as a farce, say it out loud it sounds even worse!

Brooster
22-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Given that Berwick had cash gates your last idea is a bit impractical. We could do a similar deal for walk-ups against Dundee Utd / St Johnstone / Motherwell though. I don't feel as precious about the top-up this year either, having got it simply for paying up early. I'd be more inclined to agree if I'd paid around £40 for it as in previous seasons.

you still get a ticket with seat number when you pay at the gate do you not? I did at the Sunderland and Murray testimonial.

down-the-slope
22-09-2011, 09:03 PM
An apology for what, to those that jumped ship only had to have a look at the results on here or in the paper, what difference did it make to them? Simply put the fans are due nothing, as more than plenty gave nothing. As I said before those at the M'Well game, and maybe season ticket holders, but for those that sat at home and complained on .net - what are they due an apology for.

Lets not forget the most crucial thing....A hibs Fan is asking to be incentivised to go and watch Hibs play in a quater final of a cup - strikes me as a farce, say it out loud it sounds even worse!

:agree: what he said.....

Maybe vouchers so that should we do the unlikely and make the final......and 40,000 suddenly want tickets as per....at least those who have made the 'journey' get some priority......

Hibs Class
22-09-2011, 09:09 PM
you still get a ticket with seat number when you pay at the gate do you not? I did at the Sunderland and Murray testimonial. I think you do but I'm not sure how many folk would hang on to the ticket after the game.

nortonhibby
22-09-2011, 09:11 PM

Likely? Probably not.

If its a Ten Quid i will be there :flag:

Northernhibee
22-09-2011, 09:12 PM

Yeah, let's do nothing to attract back the former good customers who have been driven away because of awful, awful football despite us being one of the most expensive teams to follow.

So what if attendances drop to 2,000 because no effort is made? Least it'll be HARDCORE fans!

Are you Petrie in disguise?

3pm
22-09-2011, 09:13 PM

Who is asking to be incentivised?

H18sry
22-09-2011, 09:19 PM

GGTTH

Hibs will have to charge Celtic supporters the same as Hibs supporters. This means we would effectively be subsidising Celtic supporters and is therefore a non starter

So charge Celtc fans £20 and give them the same £10 voucher,they are not going to use it especially if there game kicks off at the same time as ours,and make them non transferable . :wink:

nortonhibby
22-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Yeah, let's do nothing to attract back the former good customers who have been driven away because of awful, awful football despite us being one of the most expensive teams to follow.

So what if attendances drop to 2,000 because no effort is made? Least it'll be HARDCORE fans!

That was not RP you are talking about but someone off the same mind set :confused:

Halifaxhibby
22-09-2011, 09:41 PM
The best way to increase the gate would be to go out and hump all the teams we play between now and then, great idea about the voucher though, we supposedly have a great marketing dept its about time they started to earn their dough and come up with good ideas like the voucher, unfortunately RP is only interested in profit and will never reduce the prices.

They couldn't even give us a fair price for a testimonial recently, everyones toiling for cash at the moment and i think a combination of this and us playing like a bunch of tarts lately is why we've seen such a drop in attendances, personally, due to work commitments, i finish a 12 hour night shift at 7am saturday morning and drive 250 miles up the road to watch the cabbage as a ST holder absolutely shattered, there is nothing worse than putting in more effort to get to a game than half the players on the park who play for an hour and a half.
Maybe if half these players had to earn a proper crust in the real world they'd realise how lucky they are to be proffesional football players.

Maybe thats why you see such fighting spirit off these smaller teams in the cup, guys who have full time jobs outside the game know how lucky they are when they get a chance to play the so called big teams, and knock their pans in.

:taxi for primadonnas all over scotland.

GGTTH+FTHMFC

nortonhibby
22-09-2011, 09:48 PM
The best way to increase the gate would be to go out and hump all the teams we play between now and then, great idea about the voucher though, we supposedly have a great marketing dept its about time they started to earn their dough and come up with good ideas like the voucher, unfortunately RP is only interested in profit and will never reduce the prices.

They couldn't even give us a fair price for a testimonial recently, everyones toiling for cash at the moment and i think a combination of this and us playing like a bunch of tarts lately is why we've seen such a drop in attendances, personally, due to work commitments, i finish a 12 hour night shift at 7am saturday morning and drive 250 miles up the road to watch the cabbage as a ST holder absolutely shattered, there is nothing worse than putting in more effort to get to a game than half the players on the park who play for an hour and a half.
Maybe if half these players had to earn a proper crust in the real world they'd realise how lucky they are to be proffesional football players.

Maybe thats why you see such fighting spirit off these smaller teams in the cup, guys who have full time jobs outside the game know how lucky they are when they get a chance to play the so called big teams, and knock their pans in.

:taxi for primadonnas all over scotland.

GGTTH+FTHMFC

well we play the so called better team in the next round lets give it Large and take this cup:flag:

Northernhibee
22-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Best way to win back the fans we've lost is to incentivise them to return (i.e. hugely reduced tickets for a game like this one) and show them that the club has turned a corner.

Of course, if we play the same boring hoofball that CC has played and will probably always play, we'd just be bringing them back to remind them why they left.

smurf
22-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Is it confirmed as on the tv?

Would be amazed if its not?

The Modfather
22-09-2011, 10:34 PM

An apology for the downward spiral we have been on/are on the last 2 years. Don't forget it isn't just non season ticket holders who have stopped going during this time.

Albion Hibs
22-09-2011, 10:48 PM

No, I am also not an old firm fan in disguise. I hear so much about attracting back "customers", what the eff hell have customers got to do with football? I think you are part of the nation that is obsessed with being a "customer" always being right, and always being pandered to.

With regards that have chosen to leave IMO not missed, welcome back if you decide to come, I wonder how many would turn up if we got to the final, I am sure there would be plenty of rocks moving in that situation.

Who is asking to be incentivised?

Is that a joke? What would you call the price being dropped to £10....or are you one that takes the view that is not an incentive, it is only right that a game is that price...or in inevitable it should be a £5. As I have said before you could offer some folk on here a taxi there and back, a ticket and half time foot rub, they still would not go along.

Albion Hibs
22-09-2011, 10:50 PM
An apology for the downward spiral we have been on/are on the last 2 years. Don't forget it isn't just non season ticket holders who have stopped going during this time.

Who is asking for an apology? I am simply stating that fans that have deserted the club should not be given an incentive over and above fans that have stuck by the club by purchasing season tickets and travelling to away games.

Sir David Gray
22-09-2011, 11:20 PM
No chance. Celtic wouldn't even shift their allocation if it was that!

£20 & £10 would be fair. Anything under would be a bonus.

Don't see why they wouldn't sell their allocation. They were charged £28 a few weeks ago to get into Easter Road and, if they didn't sell their entire allocation that day, they certainly came pretty close.

The fact that this game will probably be on the TV isn't really an argument for saying they won't turn up either as every single Hibs v Celtic fixture at Easter Road is televised.

there would be hardly anyone turn up for that price.

All season ticket holders have a cup top up this year so this game will be included as part of their package, therefore the ticket prices are irrelevant to them. Supposing we have around 6,500 season ticket holders this year, plus the Celtic fans, who I believe will either sell out, or come very close to selling out, their entire allocation regardless of the price, that would be around 10,000 people at the game, without even trying very hard to attract fans to the match. That would mean that the attendance would only be a couple of thousand short of the number that turned up on the opening day of the season.

For a team that has struggled for a long time now for results and performances, I think a crowd of around 10,000 for a game that will probably be on live TV is pretty good.

I accept that making it £28 would put off a lot of people who may want to pay at the gate, especially since it's a midweek match. However, if we're still near the bottom of the league going into this match, I don't think it would attract many Hibs fans, who weren't season ticket holders, anyway, even if the prices were dirt cheap. It'll almost certainly be on the TV and people would just choose to watch it in a pub somewhere and have a few drinks. If we continue to improve after Tuesday's match and go on a little run before the Celtic match then the ticket prices may be a little bit more relevant.

I'm not necessarily saying that I would support Hibs making it £28 for an adult ticket, I just won't be surprised if that's the pricing structure that they go with for this match. Can anyone remember how much it was to pay at the gate for the League Cup quarter final against Hearts in 06/07? :dunno:

Did Hibs reduce the prices that night or did they stick to the pricing of a normal category A match? Just wondering because almost 16,000 people turned up that night.

Northernhibee
23-09-2011, 08:21 AM
What the effing hell do you think Hibs operates off? Magic elves and pixie dust?I run a business, and without customers spending money on tickets, snacks and in the club shop, you're in huge trouble.Hibs have lost a lot of paying customers and it is imperative that they come back or replaced. The OPs idea is a decent one.Now go and sit in the uberfans clubroom and think about what you've done.

HibeeMG
23-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Don't see why they wouldn't sell their allocation. They were charged £28 a few weeks ago to get into Easter Road and, if they didn't sell their entire allocation that day, they certainly came pretty close.

The fact that this game will probably be on the TV isn't really an argument for saying they won't turn up either as every single Hibs v Celtic fixture at Easter Road is televised.

All season ticket holders have a cup top up this year so this game will be included as part of their package, therefore the ticket prices are irrelevant to them. Supposing we have around 6,500 season ticket holders this year, plus the Celtic fans, who I believe will either sell out, or come very close to selling out, their entire allocation regardless of the price, that would be around 10,000 people at the game, without even trying very hard to attract fans to the match. That would mean that the attendance would only be a couple of thousand short of the number that turned up on the opening day of the season.

For a team that has struggled for a long time now for results and performances, I think a crowd of around 10,000 for a game that will probably be on live TV is pretty good.

I accept that making it £28 would put off a lot of people who may want to pay at the gate, especially since it's a midweek match. However, if we're still near the bottom of the league going into this match, I don't think it would attract many Hibs fans, who weren't season ticket holders, anyway, even if the prices were dirt cheap. It'll almost certainly be on the TV and people would just choose to watch it in a pub somewhere and have a few drinks. If we continue to improve after Tuesday's match and go on a little run before the Celtic match then the ticket prices may be a little bit more relevant.

I'm not necessarily saying that I would support Hibs making it £28 for an adult ticket, I just won't be surprised if that's the pricing structure that they go with for this match. Can anyone remember how much it was to pay at the gate for the League Cup quarter final against Hearts in 06/07? :dunno:

Did Hibs reduce the prices that night or did they stick to the pricing of a normal category A match? Just wondering because almost 16,000 people turned up that night.

Seriously? :confused:

And we shouldn't be trying to attract back some fans that have been lost due to a) the teams' performances and b) the price of attending our games?

Or is it a case of the 'hardcore' fans wanting to preserve their status and be able to say 'I never left' and 'I'm a better fan than you' over and above the long term needs of the club?

The club shouldn't take for granted the fact that the fans may come back when the team start to play better.

We're also losing out on the next generation of fans by pricing parents out of going.

matty_f
23-09-2011, 08:35 AM
I think Hibs should be doing everything they can to get bums on seats on the ground. A crowd of 10k sees the stadium half full (or half empty, depending on how upbeat you are!) - with three full home stands getting behind the team I'd say we have a much greater chance of causing an upset.

I like the idea of giving vouchers with tickets for those that go to the home games between now and the cup game, which will give a discounted ticket for the cup game, as that has the added impact of increasing gates for a few home games.

Gatecrasher
23-09-2011, 08:36 AM

If the point is to attract as many people as possible to the game then £28 would be the wrong price. If you want as many people to turn up and make a good atmosphere then drop the price to £15-£20 and try and get a good crowd in.

I agree that Hibs & Celtic will probably go for the Cat A £28 price though

Hibercelona
23-09-2011, 03:53 PM
A fiver for adults and free for bairns. Get all 4 stands filled up with Hibbys. 20,000+ Hibbys doing the Hibees bounce, the mexican wave, the cha cha and holding hands. :wink:

It would never happen, but we would certainly win the game if it did. :agree:

Jones28
23-09-2011, 04:01 PM

:agree: 100% agree

People seem to have forgotten that being a supporter is to do just that, support. Not to jump ship and moan on an internet forum when times get tough.

Also, reducing prices is all very well, but it's ripping off fans - such myself, my dad, and 4 others that sit with us - who have bought season tickets already this season. If game were reduced on a regular basis then everyone would be able to just pick and choose, which would ultimately reduce attendances IMHO

Stewboy
23-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Can Celtic be on tv again at this stage? Was there not something a few years back to stop a team being on more than once before the semi final?

murray26
23-09-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm not a s/t holder this year due to work commitments but when i was it often bugged me that there was so many empty seats, i would rather we sold the place out and made it a memorable experience rather than have the place ( especially the Hibs end) half empty even if it meant cheaper tickets to entice people back, £15 adult and £5 for kids is more than fair for a wednesday night game almost certainly live on T.V. On a side note i was down at Ewood park for the Arsenal game( Arsenal end) and was surprised to see you could buy tickets up until K.O, The stewards were helpful and friendly i could buy a beer at ht if i wanted too and the atmosphere was great and generally felt they done everything to make sure you enjoyed your match experience, what a change from the way you get treated here.

heidtheba
23-09-2011, 05:54 PM
I've always thought that some kind of 'bring a friend for free' thing would be a good idea. They get to come along for nothing, spend some time with you (their mate - hopefully) and might even enjoy it enough to come back under their own steam...?
just a thought...

Cropley10
23-09-2011, 06:28 PM

Uber fan alert [shouting down others ideas and opinions as per]

R'Albin
23-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Uber fan alert [shouting down others ideas and opinions as per]

Just what I was away to post...

madabouthibs
23-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Be a ridiculous decision to charge the full Cat A price for this, the opportunity is there to increase the crowd dramatically by reducing prices. I don't understand why some people on here would rather sit in a half empty ER for such a game, arguably to the detriment of the team on the night, than see the club take a relatively small finacial hit. Do you guys want to lie down or put your pie on the seat next door? :wink:
This could be turned into a cracking occasion, maybe some ideas to drum up a bit of an atmosphere, give the team a bit of a boost, bring out the team from '91, etc etc...... an opportunity to bring some ex-regulars back and some that perhaps wouldn't usually be able to justify spending near on £30 to watch Hibs.
I'll still be there with my son regardless, but I'll be pissed off pretty much from the start if its a disappointing crowd. I'll see that as an opportuntiy missed, and I hate these smelly weegies coming through and out-singing us every home game!!! :confused:

matty_f
23-09-2011, 09:10 PM
Be a ridiculous decision to charge the full Cat A price for this, the opportunity is there to increase the crowd dramatically by reducing prices. I don't understand why some people on here would rather sit in a half empty ER for such a game, arguably to the detriment of the team on the night, than see the club take a relatively small finacial hit. Do you guys want to lie down or put your pie on the seat next door? :wink:
This could be turned into a cracking occasion, maybe some ideas to drum up a bit of an atmosphere, give the team a bit of a boost, bring out the team from '91, etc etc...... an opportunity to bring some ex-regulars back and some that perhaps wouldn't usually be able to justify spending near on £30 to watch Hibs.
I'll still be there with my son regardless, but I'll be pissed off pretty much from the start if its a disappointing crowd. I'll see that as an opportuntiy missed, and I hate these smelly weegies coming through and out-singing us every home game!!! :confused:

:top marks Totally agree with this.

The atmosphere at the ground is improved ten fold when there's plenty folk in it. A singing section in a half empty ground doesn't improve the atmosphere, it just provides a distraction. Getting the place as full as possible with plenty Hibbies backing the team would be immense, IMHO.

weecounty hibby
24-09-2011, 07:04 PM

Why shouldn't Hibs and football in general incentivise. Every other business/entertainment source/supermarket etc does it. Buy on gert one free, buy one get second half price, kids under ten free etc etc. It is only football that expects the paying customer to stump up extra when times are tough. The really need to start paying attention as crowds of 5000 to 10000 will be the norm for years to come if they don't.