PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Green Day?? Celtic cup game

keep the faith
22-09-2011, 12:37 PM
What the thoughts on Hibs Net making the cup game our green day?

Celtic at home. A win gives us a real shot at the cup and we need a lift.

I would love to see as many hibees as possible get back to ER and give the current side something they have never had. A big vocal home support.

Get your mates along. Bring your old man or your kids. No matter the views on CC this could be a big occassion.

Im not playing superior here, as I now pick and choose games like most people. I just think its worth making a push to keep people along on this day.

Dont watch it on the telly - Get along to ER. Hibs for the cup!!! :wink:

KTF

Mikey
22-09-2011, 12:50 PM
It's the club that will have more say in how many turn up, not hibs.net. If the prices are reduced we'll get a bigger crowd. £10 and £5 would be great.

Celtic will know that though and they have a say in the pricing. Don't be surprised if it's £20+ to get in.

Performances and results up to the game will have a bearing too.

El Gubbz
22-09-2011, 12:57 PM
It's the club that will have more say in how many turn up, not hibs.net. If the prices are reduced we'll get a bigger crowd. £10 and £5 would be great.

Celtic will know that though and they have a say in the pricing. Don't be surprised if it's £20+ to get in.

Performances and results up to the game will have a bearing too.

So hopefully hibs can reward the fans who pay the £20+ quid and give them a voucher to get into the next home for £1 or some similar deal. Sure the dons done it a couple years ago. Would hopefully get a decent crowd for the 2 games and if we win those games then fans will want to come back :wink: Sheemplesh

marinello59
22-09-2011, 01:11 PM
So hopefully hibs can reward the fans who pay the £20+ quid and give them a voucher to get into the next home for £1 or some similar deal. Sure the dons done it a couple years ago. Would hopefully get a decent crowd for the 2 games and if we win those games then fans will want to come back :wink: Sheemplesh

That would be a further devaluing of the benefits of having a season ticket wouldn't it?

It's a one off cup Quarter Final tie against Celtic. That's one hell of an attractive looking fixture to me.:flag:
In saying that a price reduction would be welcome but the crowd size on the night will largely be determined by our next few league results.

El Gubbz
22-09-2011, 01:15 PM
That would be a further devaluing of the benefits of having a season ticket wouldn't it?

It's a one off cup Quarter Final tie against Celtic. That's one hell of an attractive looking fixture to me.:flag:
In saying that a price reduction would be welcome but the crowd size on the night will largely be determined by our next few league results.

That wouldn't bother me if it had Easter Road packed for the first time in over 5 years. :flag:

Keith_M
22-09-2011, 01:17 PM

Unless they made it for the next League Cup game, which will be at home to Ayr after we've beaten Celtc (Nope, not inside info, just a premonition)

Oops, the flaw in that logic is we'll be playing Ayr at Hampden, not ER. :blushie:.

Maybe they could guarantee tickets for the Final against Killie for everybody with a voucher :dunno:

El Gubbz
22-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Unless they made it for the next League Cup game, which will be at home to Ayr after we've beaten Celtc (Nope, not inside info, just a premonition)

Oops, the flaw in that logic is we'll be playing Ayr at Hampden, not ER. :blushie:.

Maybe they could guarantee tickets for the Final against Killie for everybody with a voucher :dunno:

Counting your chickens!

JimBHibees
22-09-2011, 01:50 PM

and whether live on tv.

marinello59
22-09-2011, 02:53 PM
and whether live on tv.

True.

keep the faith
22-09-2011, 02:54 PM
The point I was making was not really about the club doing cheap tickets (although that would be nice) its about saying this is the game we all make that extra effort and put the negativity away for a very big game.

Atmosphere could be electric with a full house for once.

The Harp
22-09-2011, 03:00 PM

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest. A packed Easter Road and a great atmosphere outweighs any financial considerations.
'Mon the Hibs!:flag:

frazeHFC
22-09-2011, 05:09 PM
I probably won't be able to go which is rather annoying.

Chuck Rhoades
22-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Section 43 look to have something in place in time for it. Hopefully with the help of Hibs.net and the Bounce.

www.sect43.co.uk (http://www.sect43.co.uk)