PDA

View Full Version : Managers interview

down-the-slope
21-09-2011, 08:03 AM
I have been an unashamed supporter of the manager:tin hat:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/14997546.stm

I like his interview where he can enjoy the positives, but still manage the required realism about how we look as if we can lose goals when under pressure, and need to learn to play on the front foot when not behind etc...good balance :agree:

johnrebus
21-09-2011, 08:07 AM
I have been an unashamed supporter of the manager:tin hat:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/14997546.stm

I like his interview where he can enjoy the positives, but still manage the required realism about how we look as if we can lose goals when under pressure, and need to learn to play on the front foot when not behind etc...good balance :agree:

Have to say that I thought he came across as a borderline simpleton.

:confused:

DaveF
21-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Just said as much in the PM forum.

For once, a sane interview where he clearly realises we still have big problems while praising the effort and commitment of the team (and fans).

Tricla
21-09-2011, 08:19 AM

Explain?

Anything for a pop on a night of positivity. :rolleyes:

Dashing Bob S
21-09-2011, 08:20 AM

I wouldn't go that far, but I certainly wasn't as impressed as the OP. He still seems to be determined to damn Mark Brown with feint praise. He's possibly the reason why CC is still in a job.

down-the-slope
21-09-2011, 08:28 AM
I wouldn't go that far, but I certainly wasn't as impressed as the OP. He still seems to be determined to damn Mark Brown with feint praise. He's possibly the reason why CC is still in a job.

:confused: rubbish..he was replying about number of saves made as suggested by reporter...his view was Brown had less saves to make than was being suggested...how do you make that not praising Brown? Also his running to embrace Brown at the end both showed appreciation and the passion that others have said is not there.

Still maintain he is both aware of potential, and the flaws that need fixing...preffer analysis that is measured to hyperbole or wrist slitting

Dashing Bob S
21-09-2011, 08:34 AM
:confused: rubbish..he was replying about number of saves made as suggested by reporter...his view was Brown had less saves to make than was being suggested...how do you make that not praising Brown? Also his running to embrace Brown at the end both showed appreciation and the passion that others have said is not there.

Still maintain he is both aware of potential, and the flaws that need fixing...preffer analysis that is measured to hyperbole or wrist slitting

Okay, maybe I'm being too hypercritical, but when the interviewer said it was a great game and a fighting performance, I thought his response: 'I don't know what it was...' was lame and made him look clueless. He ought to have said, 'Well, we've been stressing the importance of fighting hard etc etc...' It made it seem to me that the performance was as big a shock to him as it was us, and that didn't fill me with confidence.

bingo70
21-09-2011, 08:45 AM
Just said as much in the PM forum.

For once, a sane interview where he clearly realises we still have big problems while praising the effort and commitment of the team (and fans).

Apart from boring me i don't normally have a problem with his post match interviews, i think he seems to talk sense and generally knows what went wrong and says the right things, i just think his problems come from motivating the players

down-the-slope
21-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Okay, maybe I'm being too hypercritical, but when the interviewer said it was a great game and a fighting performance, I thought his response: 'I don't know what it was...' was lame and made him look clueless. He ought to have said, 'Well, we've been stressing the importance of fighting hard etc etc...' It made it seem to me that the performance was as big a shock to him as it was us, and that didn't fill me with confidence.
Come on Bob cheer up...he almost let the calm measured style slip...when asked was the game too open...he said NO :greengrin...maybe he'll go 4-2-4 all the time :wink:

Dashing Bob S
21-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Come on Bob cheer up...he almost let the calm measured style slip...when asked was the game too open...he said NO :greengrin...maybe he'll go 4-2-4 all the time :wink:

It would be nice to think so. Quite cheerful actually, more than I have been in a long time regarding Hibs. I never thought I'd say 'I can't wait for Saturday' again so soon.

Craig_in_Prague
21-09-2011, 09:00 AM
It would be nice to think so. Quite cheerful actually, more than I have been in a long time regarding Hibs. I never thought I'd say 'I can't wait for Saturday' again so soon.

And we can't wait for BB's diary covering events of yesterday etc.... :wink:

down-the-slope
21-09-2011, 09:09 AM
And we can't wait for BB's diary covering events of yesterday etc.... :wink:

:greengrin...looking forward to the bit where he explains the new gonad clamps that will be used on anyone leaving the pitch with gas in the tank......look like it worked

johnrebus
21-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Explain?

Anything for a pop on a night of positivity. :rolleyes:

Calling it as I see it. There is plenty else to take a pop at.

Anyway, lets make do for now with this flower in the desert.

:greengrin

happiehibbie
21-09-2011, 11:38 AM
I think we are getting way to excited we won on pens although we are through to the next round which is all that matters

I still dont rate CC

Sammy7nil
21-09-2011, 11:45 AM
I think we are getting way to excited we won on pens although we are through to the next round which is all that matters

I still dont rate CC

Neither do I but I think we have to get behind him now, he is going nowhere short term and we need to improve. And Everyone says he is a lovely man :aok: