PDA

View Full Version : Interesting manifestation during the Stockholm derby

Juice-Terry
21-09-2011, 07:48 AM
The Stockholm derby was played a few days ago - AIK v Djurgården (0-1). Both sets of supporters had agreed to be completely silent for the first ten minutes. During this time supporters were holding up banners saying "This is what football sounds like without supporters". Ten minutes into the game noise erupted (0:35 in the clip). I suppose it was done as a **** off to the Swedish FA who many believe undervalue/belittle supporters in general.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150394197138417 :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
21-09-2011, 08:06 AM
The Stockholm derby was played a few days ago - AIK v Djurgården (0-1). Both sets of supporters had agreed to be completely silent for the first ten minutes. During this time supporters were holding up banners saying "This is what football sounds like without supporters". Ten minutes into the game noise erupted (0:35 in the clip). I suppose it was done as a **** off to the Swedish FA who many believe undervalue/belittle supporters in general.

I've long advocated an Atlantic League, but thought it would never happen due to the entrenched attitudes of the football administrators in Scotland, who see the game as their own wee fiefdom. Perhaps there is common ground with the Scandinavians after all.

Harpandcastle
21-09-2011, 09:15 PM
I've long advocated an Atlantic League, but thought it would never happen due to the entrenched attitudes of the football administrators in Scotland, who see the game as their own wee fiefdom. Perhaps there is common ground with the Scandinavians after all.

Thought about that happening quite a bit recently, and I agree with you. The Scandinavians, Belgians, Dutch and ourselves are getting left behind at an alarming rate. There are now clubs in the 5th tier of English football who would comfortably pay more than us. Liam Miller uprooted to Australia rather than sign on again at Hibs and the MLS are attracting players clubs in the the SPL would have no chance of getting. Any outstanding players we produce ourselves will be out the door before he turns 21.

If a group of smaller nations pulled our resources I think we could have a very good 18 to 20 team top tier between us. As long as there was promotion and relegation to and from the individual national leagues and was not a closed shop I'd be all for it.

At The Edge
21-09-2011, 09:30 PM
when the fans kick in the display is awesome esp the flags spelling AIK.
Up until then, its a weird game,
:top marksto both sets of fans

SanFranHibs
22-09-2011, 02:56 AM
when the fans kick in the display is awesome esp the flags spelling AIK.
Up until then, its a weird game,
:top marksto both sets of fans

Man U fans fave been doing this for years, even though they have nothing to complain about........:zzzzz!:

Appreciating that the Atlantic does incorporate such waters as the Denmark Straits and the Norwegian Seas, for a Scottish/Scandanavian/Belgian/Dutch league I would prefer a name that does not point towards the Americas as the Atlantic does to Europeans, unless we are going to include the east coast American MLS teams and of course the Falkland Islands. :wink:

I'd be happy with 'Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish and Danish women are beautiful Premier League'.

Also, might make sense for the Belgian and Dutch teams to join together and dare I say perhaps even join the German league.

If any such league came about it would really stretch the good away support we have ! But think of the fun!!!

However, I do like me a good manifestation in a derby match !

:flag:

HibeeMG
22-09-2011, 05:25 AM
We could arrange this at ER but the powers that be might not notice the difference! :wink:

ScottB
22-09-2011, 09:55 AM
I suppose the danger is, the smaller leagues, such as ourselves, the Scandinavian ones, Holland, Belgium, Portugal etc band together to raise more funds to compete with the big leagues, but in the end it will simply provide the test case for a true super league to form with your Barcas, Reals, Man Utd's et all banding together, effectively leaving us out in the cold once more.

I suspect within 10 years or so we will have some sort of UEFA league, with a top division of the biggest clubs with more regional Atlantic League style divisions below it.

TRC
22-09-2011, 02:47 PM
I think the Idea is great Mrs TRC is from Sweden and it would give us a reason to get over there more. However what happens say a small team from Div 1 gets promoted, say Morton for example top of the league and with very limited resources. How then do they afford to take a team, management and the rest of back room staff on planes every other week. I know they would have a bigger revenue because of TV and what not but I still believe that a few would struggle including certain teams in the SPL at the moment.

aberhibsfc
23-09-2011, 09:53 AM

It is pathetic, footballing bodies believe that the money is made from TV. It doesn't take Einstein to work out who's watching the game on the TV. It certainly won't be non-football fans will it. Who's money brought the clubs to modern day, where did money come from when SPL deal or the ITV deal collapse, TV money wasn't there then.