PDA

View Full Version : Was Motherwell's Disallowed Goal Onside?

Mikey
20-09-2011, 11:07 PM
We were at the other end so couldn't see, but they mentioned on the radio that it possibly should have stood.

Anyone know?

Nae luck if it was :greengrin

Franck Stanton
20-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Seems just the sort of luck Hibs usually get, about time we were entitled to a wee rub o' the green.

Billy
20-09-2011, 11:10 PM
We were at the other end so couldn't see, but they mentioned on the radio that it possibly should have stood.

Anyone know?

There were 2 well players moving for the ball and the big lad was off, not the guy who headed it. Due to the movement, it was offside and therefore no goal :thumbsup:

The Voice Of Reason
20-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Just heard Stuart McCall (great interview by the way, very fair assessment) saying that it was onside - he has seen the tape.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/14997540.stm

Bit of luck that we need to kick on hopefully ! :thumbsup:

--------
20-09-2011, 11:16 PM

Anyone know?

That nice chap Mr Collum said it was offside.

Therefore, it WAS offside.

Billy's post merely confirms what should be obvious to every right-thinking football manager, and even to Stuart McColl.... :devil:

Billy
20-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Just heard Stuart McCall (great interview by the way, very fair assessment) saying that it was onside - he has seen the tape.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/14997540.stm

Bit of luck that we need to kick on hopefully ! :thumbsup:

I was in line with it at the time and I too have seen it on DVD and it was never a goal IMHO. I'll put the video of the incident on HTV so that the subscribers can see for themselves...just give me a few hours to get it online :greengrin

Sir David Gray
21-09-2011, 12:48 AM
I hope it was and not only that, I hope it was absolutely miles onside.

It just makes the night even better for me. :thumbsup:

Stuff them. :bye: :na na:

Bayern Bru
21-09-2011, 01:45 AM
Onside by a yard I reckon.

Fairly sure they've changed the rule in terms of movement, or there's been some VERY dodgy decision recently.

'Bout time we had one go our way though :greengrin

DaveF
21-09-2011, 07:39 AM
Given we were denied a clear cut, stonewall, nailed on penalty, then I think we will take any luck regarding the offside :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
21-09-2011, 07:51 AM
Unfortunately, I have to agree with Billy that it was offside, but, like Falkirk, I'd have loved it to have been onside.

Billy, could you refrain from posting the link, so that we can pretend it was massively onside and therefore a further tragedy for that post-industrial wasteland that we can gloat about from our luxury caravans?

JimBHibees
21-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Unfortunately, I have to agree with Billy that it was offside, but, like Falkirk, I'd have loved it to have been onside.

Billy, could you refrain from posting the link, so that we can pretend it was massively onside and therefore a further tragedy for that post-industrial wasteland that we can gloat about from our luxury caravans?

Superb. :thumbsup:

xyz23jc
21-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Superb. :thumbsup:

What he said! :thumbsup::flag:

Billy Whizz
21-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Given we were denied a clear cut, stonewall, nailed on penalty, then I think we will take any luck regarding the offside :greengrin

I'd like to see that incident again as I thought O'Conner was fouled just as we was going to score!
McCall didn't mention this did he:bitchy: